Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Hi Mxie!
I enjoyed writing with you in the Fog of Osgiliath tale. No, it wouldn't be disruptive at all! You will be joining at a hard time for the Dunedain of Fornost, as the city is being contested and will fall, with the inhabitants who aren't captured or killed becoming refugees. There are a lot of people in the city, so if your character is already in the city, that works well. There is quite a sizable hoard of orcs and hillmen of Rhuadur around and in the city so it may be difficult to have a character 'ride up' unless they meet the fleeing people.

I think we plan on writing this to when the great fleet of Gondor arrives in Lindon, then we'll start a new thread for 'part two' and the counterattack and such. The whole plague/sickness thing was Eldarions plot device, and we have for the most part let it lapse.

Everyone else cool to have Maxie join in?
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Maxie!

You will be a welcomed edition to this RP!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you! I am glad to join! I will post a character profile soon.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie! Welcome to Darkest of Days! Things have been a little slow lately, so you might be the boost we need.

I really will try to have a post up today or tomorrow. I apologize profusely for the delay.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I have parts of a post ready to go, but am waiting for other writers as I don't want to move things along until others get their posts in. No worries though, as I'm writing some epic parts to my other project. I will say that should things start to stretch out beyond a month, I'll have to continue as I'll start forgetting the storyline, etc.

that said, nobody should feel pressured to post as it shouldn't be "hard work" or anything like that. Life is 1st priority, and this fantasy RP is well down the list of priorities. IF things stall, they stall, if they fly fast, they fly fast. This RP seems to have moments of both extremes.

[Edited on 03/16/2015 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I will, in that case, wait for you to post, Arveleg. It will be a nice seguein forme.

I am putting the finishing touches on my character and will have the profile up tomorrow.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
And I'm waiting for others to post.... oh dear....

I was taking a pause so Cenor & Song to post their collab, and see if ItarildeSirfalas wanted to get back in before it moved on. I'm sure you could find something to write in a character with. We'll see how it goes over the next week and see how it goes. I'll likely post again then.

Happy Writing!

[Edited on 03/17/2015 by Arveleg]
Naurmaethor
Council Member
Send Message
Wow! Apparently my email alerts for this thread have not been working LOL! It makes me happy to see activity in this thread. I could definitley make another short post if needed, I just don't want to write past where everyone else is. In fact, last night I had a dream that me and Arveleg wrote so far past the others that the posts they had been working on for so long could no longer work and I felt horrible!

Maxie, if you want you could find a point in a post during the battle and sort of write your way into and up to where we are currently.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate: and though I oft have passed them by, a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Naurmaethor said: I just don't want to write past where everyone else is. In fact, last night I had a dream that me and Arveleg wrote so far past the others that the posts they had been working on for so long could no longer work and I felt horrible!

Lol! I had that same thought. I've been on the other end of an RP where all it seems I'm doing is trying to catch up, and it usually drives me to write out my character. I don't want that to happen. On the other end of the spectrum, I get that people get busy in life and/or lose interest. The key is to know if/when that happens. Don't like seeing that happen either.

I only have bits and pieces written that I can make work around whatever is posted. I've written 10 pages in my other project, and sometimes as I'm writing it, I'll think of something for this one, and I go to the bottom of my word page and write it out before continuing on. It captures ideas when I think of them.

On the 1st person thing, I greatly scaled it back, as I decided it wouldn't work that well. That was after I edited some old tales to try and get them in readable form. It was painful.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I finally posted. It is not as long as I would like, but perhaps it will do until I can get something together with Lady Cenor.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I'm so sorry about my absence all! University has seriously taken up a lot of my time recently. Luckily I have a day of freedom tomorrow, so I shall hopefully (fingers crossed) not be too behind everyone else when I post!
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Lady Song... you're a legend! That was a great "short" post.
Lady Itarilde, University does that! RL is the important stuff. Look forward to it if you get to it, but enjoy your day!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Sir Arveleg, thank you for the kind words!

I am happy to announce that the Lady Cenor and I have finally picked up writing the joint post again! It may be a little while until it is ready, but we will try to get it rolling along nicely.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
You are most welcom m'lady!

I had to post a bit just to keep the tale fresh in my mind. I was starting to forget things.
Looking forward to reading everyone's great writing!
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I do have to say, I'm really enjoying everyone's posts, and I can only apologise mine has been so delayed! So many assignments!
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Sir Arveleg, great post!

Ildë, don't worry about it!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
ItarildeSirfalas said:I do have to say, I'm really enjoying everyone's posts, and I can only apologise mine has been so delayed! So many assignments!

No worries Itarilde. I'm sure you will pick it up again when you have the time.

Eruwestiel_Evensong said:Sir Arveleg, great post!

Ildë, don't worry about it!

Thanks you Miss Song. It was rather crudely pounded out on the keyboard at the bottom of a draft for my other project, then I posted it. It wasn't until today that I read my post and saw some glaring mistakes. I have since edited it.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
My apologies for my slightly short post, but there was not much else I could add to the RP yet, due to my character's recent absence. Hopefully in my next post she will be back on her feet and into the fray!
Image Image
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Ildë, that was a wonderful post! It's so nice to read your work again.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Song! I managed to finally plan and type it out while at work! I still feel like always that it was rushed... Let's just say it was a slow night shift in Accident and Emergency X-Ray
Image Image
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Three cheers for a slow night shift in ER!
Great write Itarilde!

I will start working on a bit for Marcadil, Malassuil, and may add to Dauwna and Dukhalas as well. Bay all means don't 'wait' for my posts if you have something going and ready.

Happy Writing!

Edit: Posted a bit of the battle in the streets, and that it reached the healing house. I then edited my post to add a bit for Marcadil. Trying to keep the tale fresh in my old mind. Hope that doesn't cause any issues to what anyone is writing.

[Edited on 04/05/2015 by Arveleg]
Naurmaethor
Council Member
Send Message
Great posts everyone! It feels like ages since I've posted. I will write a bit of Bregolman's side of the fighting in the streets as well.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate: and though I oft have passed them by, a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Naurmaethor
Council Member
Send Message
Hi all,

I know everyone's been waiting on me for a while now. I have been extremely busy and apologize for not carving out some time to write a little something! I even contemplated giving up control of my characters but I've enjoyed this RP so much and where it is headed. I hope to be able to keep up better and if anyone is still out there I have a post up!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Naurmaethor, it is wonderful to see you again! That was an excellent post.

Believe it or not, Lady Cenor and I have actually been writing something. I won't make any promises on when it will be posted (after saying it would be done more than a month ago), but I hope soon.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Saga of Fornost - Darkest of Days
on: April 25, 2015 12:33
Naurmaethor, good to see you! I need to go read your post. I haven't been on here much as I had to travel to Seattle as my mother passed away on the 10th.

I did an edit to my last post a few weeks ago, and haven't checked in too much since then. Hoping everyone is doing well, and hope everyone is enjoying writing in this 'Saga' as I have dubbed it in my notes. Naurmaethor, I think if you give up your characters in this tale that it will likely grind to a halt. It may be slow, but may it keep going!

Lady Song, I look forward to your and Lady Cenor's collab when you get it all done! I am always interested when anyone has some character-building posts to add. They fill out the story.

Off to read Naurmaethor's post. Happy Writing Everyone!

[Edited on 04/26/2015 by Arveleg]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh goodness...I completely forgot to post my character profile! And I have an interview tomorrow, so I will most likely not have time to do so until later this week...but it will be this week for sure!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
No worries Maxie. I don't think the tale is going anywhere too fast.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I know I need to write a post soon, but I don't think I can add much yet! I am enjoying everyone else's posts, though! I'll try to piece a little something together, but I apologise in advance if it is lacking in anything! My research proposal and revision for 4 exams is causing my brain to become slightly addled!
Image Image
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Don't worry about it, Ildë! This is a busy time of year for most of us, especially those still in school. I'm sure your post will be wonderful as always.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Once again, I apologise for the rushed and short post, but I wanted to get back in on the action! I hope it's okay for everyone
Image Image
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
ItarildeSirfalas! A most excellent post! I like it when you rush!
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Well, as always Sir Arveleg, it's been a long night shift in Accident and Emergency I'm glad you liked it! It was about high time, Itarildë got off her behind and did some fighting
Image Image
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
There will be plenty of fighting s the city falls, which it's doing.
Any characters going to ride with the King?

I took a cue from the 'Visions of Crossed Paths' thread and added some character concept photos to my character profiles. I also moved Dukhalas to my original character profile post on page 1 of this OOC.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Those pictures are perfect, Arveleg!

I will have to see if I can find some good pictures for my characters.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I know I should post my character's picture, but she is in the Crossed Paths OOC. If anyone really wants to see her, I can post on her profile post
Image Image
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email