Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I don't think it is necessary really, just a nice aside. I changed the pic for Marcadil as I didn't find it yesterday. The 1st one did show him well, but he is more than a battle vet. I'm still messing with the idea of whether the Marcadil/Dauwna story is a happy one or a tragic one. I have four scenarios I have been playing with.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
As a fellow writer (and also reader) of this RP, I'd like to see Marcadil and Dauwna reunited! But it is always their creators choice I mean, it could always be a bittersweet reunion?

I'm always wondering what happens with Itarildë, but I know that she survives until the Third Age (as she's in another RP, and I don't want to lose her yet. I'm still new to RP with her!) I do however, need to figure out how Elrohir departs Fornost, as he has other things on his mind.

[Edited on 05/25/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
ItarildeSirfalas said:As a fellow writer (and also reader) of this RP, I'd like to see Marcadil and Dauwna reunited! But it is always their creators choice I mean, it could always be a bittersweet reunion?

Well Lady Itarildë, you will be happy to know that three out of four tentative scenarios I have in mind has them reunited at some point. One is sooner, while the other two are. The 4th scenario is totally dark and is doubtful I’ll use it, but was a good writing exercise.

There was talk of a “2nd half” RP thread starting from The Grey Havens when the great fleet of Gondor arrives. We’ll have to come up with a thread title that is uplifting of the West since this one, as the title suggests, is rather dark and depressing to the West as the armies of Carn Dum have the upper hand. I have one of the scenarios of reunion happening during that RP.

ItarildeSirfalas said:I'm always wondering what happens with Itarildë, but I know that she survives until the Third Age (as she's in another RP, and I don't want to lose her yet. I'm still new to RP with her!) I do however, need to figure out how Elrohir departs Fornost, as he has other things on his mind.

Elrohir could realize that Imladris is threatened by an army of the Witch King that is protecting the flank of the main assault on Arthedain and has to try and get back? Just thinking via keyboard here.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I too would like to see Marcadil and Dauwna reunited. Not every ending is happy in war, so it is your choice.

Itarildë, if you would like to use Arveleg's suggestion of Elrohir leaving to protect the eastern lands I have one way you could introduce that. There was one of the party of Elves who was sent back to bring news of the battle to Lord Elrond. He may have perished on the way or he could have made it back. If he returned to Fornost he could tell Elrohir about the army nearing Imladris.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, he could also give Lord Elrond news of Itarildë, and I could work that into one of my posts

Those are both really helpful suggestions! Thank you both Sir Arveleg and Lady Song

It'd be great to work on a 'lighter' RP which follows onto this one, I think that's a brilliant idea.
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Lady Itarildë, loved the interaction in the 'side-story' posts!

Going forward, Maybe Elrohir could ride out with King Arvedui and get separated in the fight outside the city? He then maybe provides protection for the exodus of people escaping the city? Meanwhile, the Witch King's eye will be fixed on King Arvedui and his riders since his primary mission was to exterminate the line of Isildur. Canon has them holding out in the North Downs for a time before being driven northwest toward Forochel. I'm thinking that any characters that ride out with the King and stay with him will eventually perish with him, since there was no account of any survivors. Of course, we can always tweak canon here if needed.

As for my characters going forward... I was considering Marcadil riding out with the King and becoming separated while fighting in the North Downs. Dauwna will remain in the city with Dukhalas, and Malassuil will be a part of the rear-guard of the exodus as the last of the soldiers leave Fornost.

I'm going to let this be for a while in case anyone is interested in writing anything in the city. My next post will be the King's ride (unless Naurmaethor wants to write that). This has been a fun RP tale for me and has kind of given me back the flame of RP writing again. Thanks Eldorian for starting it.

Happy Writing Everyone!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
The long awaited joint post with Lady Cenor is up! I apologize profusely for taking so long. I hope the end didn't seem too rushed, I wanted to finally get this up.

Hopefully I don't take so long to post in the future...
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
On a suggestion from Lord Arveleg I edited the first part of my latest post into my earlier post on page 3. The time fits better there. I may change other things in the post, but that is the biggest one right now.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
What do you know? Another post from me.

I was wondering if any of you had a song you feel fits well with a particular character. I came across Angel's Song by Chloë Agnew and thought it sounds a fair amount like Ithilwen.

[Edited on 06/08/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I'll have to go back and read the last few posts again.

I do have songs that fit some of my characters. I'll post some forthwith.

That is a beautiful song you have there for Ithilwen!
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
That song is lovely, Lady Song

I've never thought about finding a song for Itarildë. I shall have to have a look and see if I find anything fitting.
Image Image
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
This song sort of fits with the plight of Marcadil & Dauwna.

Edit: I found this clip of this song where Aragron and Arwen clips from the movies were edited to fit the song! The audio quaity isn't the best, and it may be geo-blocked in the USA, but I think it's a pretty cool edit!

[Edited on 06/13/2015 by Arveleg]
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I posted a bit of an 'end game' bit to move the story into the next day. It is rather open for anyone to write in their character into the King's horse attack, or the exodus of people from the city.

Hoping all is well with everyone!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Arveleg, wonderful post! I would promise to have a nice post up soon, but we all know how that works out for me. I do have a bit written for a new post though.

Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I look forward to it!

I'll be posting a bit for Dukhalas and Dauwna shortly.

Happy Writing Everyone!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Good post Arveleg!

I will shortly have a rather long post of mine up.

Good day!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Lady Cenor! Looking forward to your long post!
Still working on my Dukhalas/Dauwna post myself, but it will slot in better after you post.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Ah, there is my post, I hope it is okay! It has been so long and my characters had plenty to say.

Edit:

I almost forgot! The Barrow Wrights...were they okay? I know the Witch King created them to forever insure his hold over Cardolan, but I took a little Tolkien Related freedom in having them appear at the city to help in it's total destruction. If it isn't great I can remove it.

Best Wishes

[Edited on 07/06/2015 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
That was an excellent post Cenor! Adds a bit of the fear and haunting the Witch King brought to Fornost. Don't change it!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Lady Cenor, you did a fabulous job! The city is in such turmoil. The Barrow Wrights were a very nice touch.

Sir Arveleg, your post was wonderful as well! It was quite sad and I think captures the scene well. When you wrote of Malassuil's fall I could see it all happen in slow motion. Great job!
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Hello all, some of you may have seen a similar post to this elsewhere but just in case I'll put one here too, something has happened close to home within my family, so I'm going to be on and off CoE for the next few weeks (or months depending). I thought I'd warn all my role-playing buddies. Please don't worry, everything so far is fine. But my best wishes go out to you all, and I'll be back playing games soon (maybe every so often I'll pop a post on or two or ask someone to post on my behalf...)
Image Image
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Hoping all turns out well for you and yours dear ItarildeSirfalas.
Worry not about this tale. It will likely still be here in a few months time.
Take care of yoursenf and may RL go well for you.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Hoping all turns out well for you and yours dear ItarildeSirfalas.
Worry not about this tale. It will likely still be here in a few months time.
Take care of yoursenf and may RL go well for you.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
So I'm guessing this one is pretty much wrapped up?
I can post a summary will round off the ending and allow it to flow into the 'part 2' future one if everyone is good with that.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, looks like it. Before you wrap it up completely I would like to add one last post. If I don't have it up by the end of next week can someone please spam my inbox about it?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I think so!

I also would like to wrap something up after Lady Song
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Cool! I'll likely get to it by next month, so please do post what you want and need to close out or leave open to transition the storylines of your characters. As for mine, I have sent Dukhalas and Dauwna off their own way and they will reappear in part 2 at some point. Malassuil I have well and truely killed off this time, and am working on Marcadil.

I look forward to your upcoming posts Lady Cenor and Lady Song, and Lady ItarildeSirfalas if you can or want to.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry I haven't around all, my life is pretty hectic right now, and I'll defnitely have to catch up, but I would to join if there is a transition, if anyone feels like they can, feel free to write anything for Itarildë if I haven't managed to do so before we wrap up!

Sorry again.
Best Wishes.
Image Image
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Mae govannen Mellon!

First, my apologies for letting this end where it did. Life has been both busy and challenging the last half year for me, and I really couldn't put any time or effort into keeping this going or writing of any sort. Though I'm not promising to get this going any time soon, I do hope to ease my way back in here and hope to get something going with RP writing again. I'm thinking an epilogue to this may be a good place to start back in.

Hoping all is well with the fine writers I worked with here in this story...
Eldarion, Naurmaethor, Lady Itarilde, Lady Song, and Lady Cenor !

Namarie
Arveleg
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
With another 8 months passing....
I think I can post a bit of an eplogue to this now. I doubt anything more will be added and am thinking of closing it off. Hope to have it posted by the end of this year.

Again. thanks much to the fair writers of this tale (Eldarion, Naurmaethor, Lady Itarilde, Lady Song, and Lady Cenor) and friends every one, for it got me back into the love of collaborative RP writing which I seemed to lose some years before. I can't thank you all enough!

Will part two and the 'Return of the Dunedain' come and be written following the winter of third age 1974-75? Yes, someday. As dark as the Darkest of Days was, the coming of Gondor will be awesome!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Lord Arveleg, it was truly a pleasure to write with you as well. I have so many wonderful memories of collaborating on posts with you here, and I think fondly of all the days I spent thoroughly engrossed in writing and reading our woven tale. I'm fairly certain that I became more of a part of this story than others I have been a part of. I meant for some time to write a conclusion for my characters here, but time always slipped by. So, hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will do that, but don't wait on me.

I do hope we can work together on another tale, that would give me the greatest pleasure. Whatever may be, we had something special here. For that I thank you and all the other fine writers in the Darkest of Days! *raises glass in salute*
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Post Darkest of Days Story and Character Archive
on: March 22, 2017 09:24
To Eldarion, Cenor, Eruwestiel, Itarilde, and Naurmaethor,

I have archived this RP, and all the character profiles for it.
I am not archiving the OOC. I can send you all copies if you wish.

This was an epic RP to me and was a big highlight of my RP writing between September 2014 and July 2015. It was a huge blessing to be able to create this story with each and every one of you fine writers.
I hope to be involved in another RP writing project with you all again sometime in the future.

Namarie,
Arveleg
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I'll throw this out there as for my co-writers I'm not able to get in touch with (Eldarion, Naurmaethor). I am working on an edit of this RP and would like to send the finished edit to you for approval. Let me know here via PM or a post here if you are interested in getting a copy, or wishes to have your character removed from it.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Post Salute to fine writers
on: July 08, 2019 10:49
A shoutout to all the wonderful writers of this great RP! I've added it to my all time greatest RP listing. Hoping life is going well for each and every one of you!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I am still working on an edit of the story of thisRP. It kind of gotten shelved when I lost a bunch of files. Fortunately I found my back-up on an external hard drive..
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email