Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I already talked to you of this tarc, via PM,. but for the benefit of everyone else, OK.

Yes, RoTK is desperate, as is TTT. Glad to have you on, curka.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
findemaxam48 I think I PMed you about a question for discussion but I'm not sure if you received it...
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The first leg of the Marathon starts this weekend. Is everybody set? My clothes are picked out, pointy ears are ready...all I have to do is figure out the food.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
And a lot of food too, I guess! First and second breakfast, elevensies...wait, I forgot. You're an elf, right? So you'll just be eating salad?
The list of watchers is finished as of now, Lindi, unless we get some more watchers. Did you all want me to post it here? Or is that not what you meant?
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
PSK, I am chatting with you know, so you know the answer to the PM question

Yes, OneSize, please post the list of all of those participating. I will be back momentarily with further details and more of them, for those of you who have been staring at this page unblinking since it was formed.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
A few of us, in the thread "Should We Be Thankful for The Movies?", have come up with a plan to further our appreciation for Tolkien film and have interesting discussions about said films: over a set weekend, we will watch The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King, all Extended Editions, as a website, even though few or none of us will actually be together. Try to watch these movies with new eyes. After watching one film, we will report back to the CoE and discuss them.

This was the original post. The first film, The Fellowship of the Ring, will be viewed this weekend, between Friday, December 5th and Sunday, December 7th.

On Wednesday, I will create the first thread. I demand ask that you please refrain from posting in that thread. To ensure it, tarc will be locking the thread. Should you find it unlocked, which will be rare, please leave it untouched!

You may, however, view the questions, and may copy-paste and print, or write them down or whichever method works for you so that you may answer them.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey OneSize, this Elf eats meat

That all sounds good, Maxie. This is going to be great.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Ok, then! Here's the list:

findemaxam48
Lindarielwen
tarcolan
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Eruwestiel_Evensong (and non-CoEer family members)
NenyaGold
OneSizeFitsAll
Gandalf’s_Pipe
Lily Lindsey-Aubery
Mareth_Ravenlock
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Leoflic_Nightleaf
ElfwithAtitude
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
ccgaylord
Lord_Sauron
Lynk
PSK
Nimrodel of Lothlorien
curka

I'm planning on sending out the reminders in a day or two.

Maxie, when will we be allowed to start posting in the threads? Monday?

[Edited on 12/02/2014 by OneSizeFitsAll]
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
I will unlock the threads early on Monday. This allows everyone a chance to watch the film before we start discussing it.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
There is your answer, OneSize.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, great!!! My family is actually watching it tonight, since we won't be at home any night this weekend. :/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Twenty so far. Looks good.

I look forward to hearing your responses, OneSize!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I think I already mentioned this, but my family and I will be watching all three around the last weekend or a little after. My sister comes home on the 19th, and we want to watch them with her. But I will still try to join in the discussions, even if I am late to the party.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Just a quick question concerning the questions....Was Tom Bombadil mentioned in the movie? I do not recall that he was.

The weekend is almost upon us. I think I will be watching FotR on Sunday.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Treebeard mentions him doesn't he? If I recall correctly it's when the tree tries to swallow up Merry and Pippin. I'm not sure if I just made that up but I seem to recall that
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Can't wait for it!! I forgot to get the EE of the movies at the library, so my sister's and will be watching the theatrical versions, unfortunately.....:C
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
PSK said:Treebeard mentions him doesn't he?

No, Treebeard "only" uses Tom's spell on Old Man Willow to release Pippin and Merry from the tree in Fangorn.
And @ Lindarielven: No, Tom is never mentioned.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I believe that the question addresses the "spirit" of Tom. You may interpret it how you wish, but I think that it refers to the tonality of certain scenes of the movie, particularly in the Shire.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Here we are, my friends...Day One of the Marathon!
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Aahh right, thanks Gandolorin, that's why I thought he was mentioned at that point.

Yes maxie, isn't this fun?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Here we are at Monday. Did everyone watch Fellowship? It was like meeting up with long lost friends for me. I laughed and cheered and cried (more than once). So how do we start this?
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, I have not been able to watch it yet, but am extremely excited to see it again soon!

Here is the discussion thread: http://www.councilofelrond.com/forum/thread/37114/page/1/
I believe it is fine to post in there now.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
If it is open, it is all good to post!
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Hey guys, I thought we agreed that we were going to keep all better or worse than book discussion out of the questions, however there is a question that asks:
"Changes to the book good/bad?"
Will this not incite the sort of discussion that we wanted to leave out?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email