Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Post Kili and the Quest for Erebor
on: September 14, 2015 01:35
Here is an entire thread devoted to Kili's life, adventures, friends, and family. This is a casting thread, so it is primarily about Kili of the films and Aidan Turner, but you are welcome to bring in information from the books as well.

Kili, along with his brother Fili, were my favorite Dwarves when I first read The Hobbit at the age of 13. There was something charming and lively about Kili that stood out to me in the book, and apparently some of the filmmakers picked up on it too. I was excited that they were featuring Kili, although I never pictured him looking like he does in the film. I am now attached to that look (yes, quite handsome), but I like to think I like him for his personality because I was a fan long before I saw his film face.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Person_with_a_cool_name
Council Member
Send Message
I think his and his brother's role in the films are quite good played and written- I wasn't able to distinguish the other dwarves very good, only the two and Thorin were good before the second time looking the films...
~Cool_Name~
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
Kili is my favorite dwarf in the movies. I'm not sure how to continue from there without sounding like a ridiculous fan, so I will stop while I'm ahead
Aidan Turner did a stellar job with the role.
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email