Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
basti
Council Member
Send Message
Post Trees of Valinor
on: November 11, 2015 08:38
My gf is a big fan of Silmarillion (well, so am I), so she made these trees of Valinor inspired pendants. I hope you like them .

P.S. Sorry for double topic, didn't write the Subject at the first one and didn't know where to fix it.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Those are beautiful. I have always loved the story of Laurelin and Telperion. There is a pendant called Tree of Life that is very similar to those and it is available with different stones.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lizandroll_the_troll
Council Member
Send Message
These are wonderful! Thank you for sharing!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Those are lovely!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
basti
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks ^_^.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Those are very much like the jewelry known as Tree of Life. Look it up.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
They are sometimes made with a person's birthstones in them. I think they are really pretty.

[Edited on 11/16/2015 by Lindarielwen]
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Those are really beautiful, basti.
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
Really amazing job!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
They really are lovely aren't they? I wanted to ask if they can be made to order but I have not seen basti here in months.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Etsy has a large variety of Lord of the Rings and Hobbit jewellry so I would check the site and see what they offer.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Okay. Can't ask Basti about it...that one hasn't been here since November of last year.
basti
Council Member
Send Message
Lindaarielwen, I'm so sorry, but I have been so busy these past two months, it's insane :O. Once again, sorry for replying so late. My gf has an Etsy shop, I'll private message you, so it don't spam the forum .

She made a new design of the trees, I think the pendant is really something, I hope you'll like it too .

[Edited on 01/31/2016 by basti]
basti
Council Member
Send Message
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Stunning work! I have an account on Etsy so I will check this out.
basti
Council Member
Send Message
I'm glad you like them .
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Hi Basti, you can still put the link to your Etsy account into your forum signature. You can add it through 'Edit Profile' above the forum. That way, there would be no commercial links in forum posts, and yet the members who are interested in buying some of these will be able to find your work easily.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
basti
Council Member
Send Message
That's a really good idea. Thanks . As I said, I didn't want to appear spammy, nobody (including me) likes that. Thanks again for a really smart suggestion .
basti
Council Member
Send Message
Just some new pieces she made, with labradorite gemstones . I hope you like them .

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Those pendants really look amazing, basti. But it’s more something my wife would enjoy – if she weren’t such a computer sceptic (putting it mildly), and just forget about Internet.
basti
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you! Too bad your wife is a computer sceptic .
basti
Council Member
Send Message
Another necklace she made, with Silmarils and Ungoliant's spiderweb . The gemstones are called labradorites:

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email