Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Post Simarillion Chapter Illustrations.
on: March 02, 2016 02:40
This thread will be used for posting illustrations to accompany each chapter. I'm hoping for some assistance finding pictures, and yes , there are a pile of them in the archived thread.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I have some pictures in mind for the Ainulindale.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Please, by all means, post them.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
This does not include the discourse of Melkor, but when I think of the music of the Ainur, I imagine the Northern Lights. The Aurora Borealis, moving gently, softly undulating. I see the music weaving itself into a beautiful pattern, changing as it grows.

Image Image
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
I wonder if you would like me to post a link to a 8 minute video about the Ainulindale. The makers take a few liberties with the story (Arda being a sphere, Elves in the Age of Lamps) but I think they did a good job of visualizing it - no small feat.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
We are open to anything! And I can use the help
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Is there also the image of Melkor weaving opposing music, by Ted Nasmith, in the archived thread you mention? That's the first one that comes to my mind when someone says 'Ainulindale' and 'illustrations' in the same sentence.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message

This is something I created back in 2011 to represent Melkor's music in the Ainulendalë.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, that reminds me of Melkor and his disharmony.
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Here is a visual representation of the creation of Middle Earth up until the kindling of the Lamps. Or you can find this short film titled Ainulindalë by Willow Productions yourself on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy7a6yUc8zo

Here is a musical representation of the Music of the Ainur, Ainulindalë by Adele McAllister, a talented young Tolkien artist. It takes courage to use human talent to recreate the Music, and McAllister is not entirely satisfied with some of the harmonies, but that seems appropriate, considering how the Ainur's Music turned out.

https://soundcloud.com/adelemcallister/ainulindale?in=adelemcallister/sets/songs-from-the-lord-of-the

Or look it up on Soundcloud, Adele McAllister, Roads Go Ever On (Songs from Tolkien's Middle Earth)
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email