Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Galadriel87
Council Member
Send Message
Post Forums?
on: March 25, 2016 01:36
Will the forums ever come alive again? Most of them haven't seen a message for a year or more. Will this revive, or is the forums pretty much dead here?
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
I believe the same has occurred with most Tolkien sites, except maybe TORN. A decline of mass interest once the movies hype is over - The Hobbit movies, in this case - was to be expected, and is a normal course of things for fansites. We were in a similar situation after the LOTR frenzy was over, and we survived.
Some of our forums are still active, Games for instance, so feel free to join us there. Or in some cases, users are still about and active, but have opted, for various reasons such as lack of time, to primarily be active in their realms (small communities we have on our site).
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
While traffic has died down a bit since I joined here end of November 2013, I find there is enough to keep my interest, Galadriel87:

"Book Discussions" has revived, after being dormant for a while, now (again?) discussing the Silmarillion;
"Tolkien Related Discussion" is also active, mostly "The Green Dragon Inn";
"Entertainment" is without question the most active Forum, with the "Games Forum" (three pages of threads there!);
"Off Topic" is almost as active as "Entertainment", with "The Prancing Pony" as most active thread;
and the "Realm of Vairë the Weaver" is active on a par with "Games Forum", admittedly mostly in our games there.

Perhaps you might browse through some of the inactive Forums and threads, and revive something that piques your interest with a new post. That has happened before (I believe I even did this for a few threads, but then I don't remember how long the "resuscitations" lasted).
Galadriel87
Council Member
Send Message
Gandolorin said:While traffic has died down a bit since I joined here end of November 2013, I find there is enough to keep my interest, Galadriel87:

"Book Discussions" has revived, after being dormant for a while, now (again?) discussing the Silmarillion;
"Tolkien Related Discussion" is also active, mostly "The Green Dragon Inn";
"Entertainment" is without question the most active Forum, with the "Games Forum" (three pages of threads there!);
"Off Topic" is almost as active as "Entertainment", with "The Prancing Pony" as most active thread;
and the "Realm of Vairë the Weaver" is active on a par with "Games Forum", admittedly mostly in our games there.

Perhaps you might browse through some of the inactive Forums and threads, and revive something that piques your interest with a new post. That has happened before (I believe I even did this for a few threads, but then I don't remember how long the "resuscitations" lasted).

Thank you very much for the suggestions, I guess I've not explored thoroughly. Dx

[Edited on 03/25/2016 by Galadriel87]
Galadriel87
Council Member
Send Message
~nólemë~ said:I believe the same has occurred with most Tolkien sites, except maybe TORN. A decline of mass interest once the movies hype is over - The Hobbit movies, in this case - was to be expected, and is a normal course of things for fansites. We were in a similar situation after the LOTR frenzy was over, and we survived.
Some of our forums are still active, Games for instance, so feel free to join us there. Or in some cases, users are still about and active, but have opted, for various reasons such as lack of time, to primarily be active in their realms (small communities we have on our site).

Thanks for the suggestion for the games section.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email