Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Meyer's Briggs personality types
on: November 17, 2016 11:08
Okay if you don't know your Meyer's Briggs personality type, please take a test to figure it out. Because its so spot on, way more factual than zodiac signs.
I want to hear all your types because I love trying to analyze people. And psychology is so amazing to me.
I personally am an INFP.
Introversion (I)
Intuition (N)
Feeling (F)
Perception (P)
"A sprinter learning to wait."
MornaNyeni
Council Member
Send Message
Is this thread still relevant, or did everyone lose interest?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Looks more like it never got off the ground.
MornaNyeni
Council Member
Send Message
That's sad.
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
*sniff* this is so sad. I love CoE. I hate it when threads die.

I am a INFP.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, it can't hurt to revive old threads you're interested in!

I am an ENTJ.

From 16 Personalities.net:

ENTJs are natural-born leaders. People with this personality type embody the gifts of charisma and confidence, and project authority in a way that draws crowds together behind a common goal. But unlike their Feeling (F) counterpart, ENTJs are characterized by an often ruthless level of rationality, using their drive, determination and sharp minds to achieve whatever end they’ve set for themselves. Perhaps it is best that they make up only three percent of the population, lest they overwhelm the more timid and sensitive personality types that make up much of the rest of the world – but we have ENTJs to thank for many of the businesses and institutions we take for granted every day.

We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Interesting test. My result was INTJ - Architect Personality - which is partially defined below:

It’s lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, Architects know this all too well. Architects form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population – it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the Architect personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Uh, OK. Where can this test be taken?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
You can use the following link to access a free test. It will also give you the results when you're finished.

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
Council Member
Send Message
I'm an INFP Personality (The Mediator), which is partially explained below:

INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

It seems I'm the same personality as J.R.R. Tolkien, Johnny Depp, Frodo Baggins and Fox Mulder (to name a few).

I used to be an INTP, but it seems I'm more of a feeler now.

[Edited on 06/11/2017 by Lady Oakenshield]
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I’m supposed to be an ISFJ, a Defender, and two examples of this personality are supposed to be Vin Diesel and Queen Elisabeth the Second – erm, yeah – now there’s an odd couple, is my first reaction.

I’ve taken some similar tests, mostly in books, over the years, and through re-reading one of these books came across what I marked over ten years ago. A few of my answers from back then had me scratching my head. What I believe I have learned is that there are at least two issues with such (or more generally many other) test that call for self-appraisal:

Did I understand the question correctly?
Is my answer as I really view myself, or is how I’d like to be (but secretly or whatever may feel myself to be falling short of)? A corrective might very well be having someone who knows you to take such a test appraising you.

When I checked what ISFJ is supposed to mean in detail, including strengths and weaknesses, I found myself nodding occasionally, feeling noncommittal a lot of the time, and at least twice I had the very definite feeling that something was entirely wrong! So at the very least I must have misunderstood some questions, more likely the questioners and I would disagree, possibly severely, on what a given answer to a given question means.

We actually had this as a result of a world-wide employee survey where the percentage result was viewed as something in need of action of some urgency. They were totally blind, in their assumptions, of what a no answer to this question could very well mean: quite bluntly “We are all adults and more than able to take care of such things without needing the slightest assistance from the company, thank you very much!” Had I been able to go face-to-face with the developers and / or evaluators of the questionnaire on this particular question, they would have gotten a take-no-prisoners tongue-lashing.

I hadn’t taken part in the previous two or three such surveys – there had also been some noticeable silence periods. I was getting sick of questions missing, dubious wording, and of course nothing was ever the fault of upper management (against the world-wide experience since the Bronze Age came crashing down on the inhabitants of the eastern Mediterranean around 1200 BC that it’s practically always the fault of upper management – the were called kings then).
morelkor
Council Member
Send Message
I tried this test a couple of times over a couple of weeks and in different moods and I got INFP every time. I was excited when the test told me that I had the same personality type as Frodo and Tolkien.
I ain't been droppin' no eaves, sir, honest.
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
INFP for the win!
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
Oh,this is fun. I quite like the Myers-Briggs and have used it in counselling.

Gandolorin - your response of feeling that the description did not quite fit might suggest that, instead of a strong preference in that dimension, you may be nearer to the mid-point. So not all of the description would fit you comfortably. Also, Jung said that as we age,and if we develop in a mature manner, we tend to develop the other pole of each dimension. Sort of , balancing out over time. So, perhaps there have been some changes in you that seem different from your "usual" self.

I am generally INTP, but sometimes the Feeling part is a little more prominent. I just took the test again today. The result is Advocate

The Advocate personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As members of the Diplomat Role group, Advocates have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is that they are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.
Advocates tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

[Edited on 12/28/2017 by Neenime]
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
@ Neenime – I posted above that one of the issues that may crop up was “Did I understand the question correctly?”. That assumes that what a given answer means in the opinion of the asker is correct - which may be very open to disagreement, at the very least discussion. As I them mentioned further down in my post, what those posing (at least one) question(s) in that company survey thought a certain answer to mean was, at best, woefully incomplete, if not actually wrong. That is a dilemma any survey has, the assumption (perhaps often unconscious) that a given answer to a given question means X. And that I disagreed with what I assumed this assumption to be, so at least we would need to clarify the assumptions – perhaps even make it clear that a certain assumption colors the expectations for an answer, and that these assumptions need some thinking about. Perhaps thinking about for the first time, if the assumptions are of the unconscious sort. And I’m not even talking about “surveys” which simply by the choice of wording in the questions are very obviously very slanted, even biased.

[Edited on 12/29/2017 by Gandolorin]
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
I'm an ENFP but I think I am in the middle between INFP and ENFP, it depends on the situation.I'm extroverted when I'm in social situations but I don't always necessarily seek them out! I read that ENFP is the most introverted of extroverts and that makes more sense!
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
By the way, I haven't been on here in yeeaaarrrss! I'm pretty excited it's still here! Like a dear, old friend! <3
Ameriel
Council Member
Send Message
I'm ISTJ. ^^
'But wherever I came it was ever the same: the feet fled, and all was still; never a greeting, only the fleeting pipes, voices, horns on the hill.' // http://www.councilofelrond.com/rpgcharacter/amaery/
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
Hey this is a pretty goob site!

https://churchm.ag/lord-of-the-rings-personality-types/

And this one

https://churchm.ag/star-wars-character-fits-myers-briggs-type/

[Edited on 08/08/2018 by Menegilda Brandybuck]
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
It's been over three years since I've been on here and wow. I love seeing all these!
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email