Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Christopher Tolkien resigns as director of the Tolkien Estate
on: November 15, 2017 06:57
The breaking Lotr news from today... here's TheOneRing.net article.

What this may mean for the Middle-Earth franchise, I don't know, but I do know that Christopher always shared opinions with his style to manage the Estate. Also, the later generations of Tolkiens are known to be more liberal what comes to adaptations.

And does this change things for the game or film rights for The Silmarillion for instance, we will see.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
The man is 93, and so it is quite understandable.
I remember reading somewhere that he named Simon Tolkien as his heir?
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
I don't know about that. We've been analyzing it in Vairë. Seems there's still quite a few Tolkien's besides Simon (including Priscilla and Michael) who are in the top tier of Tolkien Estate.

But maybe. It certainly makes the TV show actually...well...make sense.
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
The Wiki article "Tolkien Estate" provides some information about the various holdings of the Tolkien family, organised under The Tolkien Company.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email