Register

Author Topic:
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Post The Great Realm Reboot
on: November 04, 2018 03:43
Hello fellow CoE'ers,

I am Dolwen, newly appointed Realms Admin. I have been a member of CoE since December 2004 and Realm Head of Vaire since 2007. CoE has 14 realms, each dedicated to one of Tolkien's Valar. Each realm has its own forums, personality and unique activities. The realms are a smaller community within the larger of CoE and truly become like a family to its members with lifelong friendships being formed.

Unfortunately, in the years since the movies came out, CoE has seen some loss of activity and sadly this has been true for the realms as well; many falling into inactivity. Fortunately, we still have a handful of active realm heads and realms open for new members.

The realms and their leaders are:
Realm of Yavanna- NenyaGold
Realm of Mandos- lordoftheringer
Realm of Varda- gwendeth
Realm of Lorien- awelyn418
Realm of Vaire- Dolwen

You can check out each realm by viewing their realm pages here, Realms Summary Page. If you have any questions about the realms please feel free to post here or contact the head of the realm by private message. We hope to see the realms grow and become an active part of CoE once again and as that happens to be able to open more realms and begin some inter-realm activities.

*Note: In the past the 3 month rule (staying in a realm for 3 months before changing) for the realms was necessary do to the size of CoE but as we are a much smaller community now, the 3 month rule no longer applies.

[Edited on 11/04/2018 by Dolwen]
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I'm going to assume that Realm membership at any given time remains limited to one, or to put it another way, simultaneaous membership in more than one Realm is out of the question for sound technical reasons?

I remember wondering "what now?" after joining Vairë, until I noticed that the additional sub-realm "Realm of Vairë the Weaver" had appeared. Trying to visualize the size of "Forum Home" someone sees who is a member of all 14 Realms (or even just the five remaining active ones) - no, that way madness lies!!!
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
I believe that when you choose another realm, you are automagically deleted from your prior one.

The only way to be in more than one realm at a time is to have two memberships, and that is not allowed.

Good to "see" you back!
Dolwen
Send Message
Goldey is correct, if you join another realm, you are automatically removed from you current realm.
Sibynelle
Council Member
Send Message
It's really kind of sad that so many realms are inactive. Hopefully things will change in the future! Realms have always been my favourite part in CoE and I must agree with Dolwen, they can be almost like family
Image Image Image
Dolwen
Send Message
Good to see you Sibby
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email