Register

Author Topic:
Wandering Noldo
Council Member
Send Message
Post Upcoming movies...
on: May 14, 2019 06:08
Hi,

I've lost track of the proposed movies, and can't really find out what is real and what is not.

Fact: There's a new feature film about Tolkiens early life. Currently showing in cinemas. Right?

And there is? a TV series about early 3rd age to be shown on Amazon Prime? Or not? If so when?

And there was some talk of a Silmarillion movie. There always is of course, but I thought it sounded more serious this time. Or not?

Best regards,
He felt a delight in wood and the touch of it, neither as forester nor as carpenter; it was the delight of the living tree itself.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
The biopic movie about Tolkien is showing at cinema’s however this movie was never endorsed by the Tolkien Estate
The Lord of the Rings TV series will be based on the Second Age and it will consist of five seasons. I have no idea when they will start filming the TV series, seeing that Amazon are going to do the TV series then it’s likely that it will be on Amazon Prime.

I haven’t heard anything about a Silmarillion movie as such however if the LotR TV series is based during the Second Age then it could be possible that we could involve Numenor in some way.
I don’t think we will actually see Numenor or it’s destruction as this event is in the Silmarillion also the Silmarillion is the story about the Rings of Power so perhaps we won’t be able to see the Rings being forged by Annatar and Celebrimbor.
Unless of course Amazon have approval by the Tolkien Estate to be able to use these two stories from the Silmarillion.

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email