Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
parluggla
Council Member
Send Message
Post Amazon's writing team!
on: September 07, 2019 02:51
After hearing some of the details about the upcoming Amazon Middle Earth production, I'm getting nervous. Mainly, the writing team has me cringing: two Abrams Star Trekkers (J.D. Payne, Patrick McKay) and a Game of Thrones and a Breaking Bad writer each. Quite a rogues gallery, IMHO. How could you get more unlike the High Tory Luddite pre-Vatican II monarchist J.R.R. Tolkien than that? After watching Amazon's "Carnival Row" with its rough, crude GoT vibe, I fear such a low-brow approach for any ME they'd do. I always felt that Jackson et al. just barely stumbled across the finish line, but with these Amazon philistines? Alas....

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I'm afraid I draw even more of a blank at these names, and never mind people involved in GoT (except I believe Sean Bean was in it) or BB, than I did with Will Poulter being cast as a lead role (mentioned in the other Amazon thread here). Perhaps after Amazon has started actually "filming" (probably digitally recording, these days) and they start "leaking" teaser clips, we see clearer.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Word on the web is that Best Non-existent Baddie Sauron will be central to the storyline. Amazon is keeping tight-lipped about the series so it's still guesswork. No changes to the map yet -
lotr on prime
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Amazon have also named Joseph Mawle from Game of Thrones as a villain by the name of Oren (could Oren end up being one of the Nine?. Just a thought)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email