Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Post Illustrated Unfinished Tales
on: July 24, 2020 10:33
An anniversary special edition of Unfinished Tales will be available come October 2020.

Take a look]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Thanks Arveleg.
Here's a link to an article at Tor. (Your link requires login)
ArwenLegolas
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
I been trying to find it locally, but without success. Can you give me a link?
Tiro nin Elbereth
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Amazon has it available for pre-order. It is released in the US October 20th.
ArwenLegolas
Send Message
Dolwen, I went on the Amazon site and couldn't find it. Do you have a link, please?
Tiro nin Elbereth
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hi ArwenLegolas I have sent you a pm with some links to several sites where you can purchase the book.
Hope one of them helps.
ArwenLegolas
Send Message
Hinnaid Lord Sauron
Tiro nin Elbereth
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I was finally able to pick up my pre-ordered hardcover Monday of last week. Once again, one of my (fairly rare) Houghton Mifflin (and now Harcourt??) JRRT bools instead of HarperCollins. The dust jacket is quite similar to that of the HarperCollins versions of CoH, B&L and FoG, the basic grey perhaps a bit paler. I must confess that without the list of plates just after the table of contents, I would have had serious difficulties with most illustrations in guessing what they displayed. And I still can’t claim to be able to tell the differences between the pictures of Alana Lee (6), John Howe (6), and Ted Nasmith (6). But that very probably has to do with my being at least as hopeless when it comes to art as I am when it comes to poetry. And though my paperback UT (over 30 years old and of about the same “generation” as my paperback LoTR, TH, the Sil, and BoLT volumes 1 and 2) is not nearly as decrepit as the LoTR, specifically the TT (falling apart), I have been browsing through it much more often recently, so a more robust “backup” (or, in case of LoTR, TH and the Sil, replacement) as main reference is reassuring.

[Edited on 11/25/2020 by Gandolorin]
R.J.J Tolkien
Council Member
Send Message
The artwork was top notch. I had to upgrade my old paperback UT so it was great they came out with the new illustrated version.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email