Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Post War of the Rohirrim
on: February 15, 2022 12:46
Has anyone heard about this movie? It's supposed to be coming in 2024. I'm very curious what it'll be like since there hasn't been an animated movie since Rankin-Bass did Return of the King.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings:_The_War_of_the_Rohirrim

It seems like some people such as Philippa Boynes, John Howe, and Richard Taylor will also be working on the movie in one way or another. Although it's wikipedia so I'm not sure if it's confirmed.
I'm very curious how this movie will turn out.
Anna of the Woodland Realm
Council Member
Send Message
No I haven't heard of it. I hope it will be good!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Slated to release April 12 2024. Some good CGI animation. Based on the story of Helm Hammerhand from Appendix A in Return of the King. There are two accounts in the appendix. One is under the 'Stewards' section and the other is in the 'Sons of Eorl' section. I'm actually looking forward to this.

I'd share a link but the site thinks I'm a bot and blocks it. Just google 'War of the Rohirrim'.

Edit: Trying to add a link...

Here is an article on it with some concept art.

[Edited on 03/01/2022 by Hanasian]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
I would probably go and see this film when it gets released
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
If the art is not ugly I will watch it. Alan Lee and John Howe are involved, so I have hope.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email