Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Golloreth
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hello!!! ANYONE ALIVE?!?! (And are you wondering the same thing)
on: August 14, 2022 05:47
ATTENTION SITE MEMBERS I’ve been on this site for a while now and keep seeing roughly 20 people online at all times, but barely any members. Aaaand all the posts I’ve seen so far are at least a year old (mostly older though). But there’s already SO many things on this site, it would be a shame if this place “died”, so SHOW YOURSELVES!!!
P.S. (Also, do you like second breakfast? ^_^ My mom and I have it irl, no kidding, I swear to Elbereth)
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
THE WAY IS SHUT. WE DO NOT SUFFER THE LIVING TO PASS. THE WAY IS SHUT.

Yeah, it's a bit quiet in here now. Rivka made this site when the first movie came out and there was loads of activity. Most people have grown up and moved on to boring stuff like having a life. There are some perils from which a man must flee. Rivka is kindly keeping the site online but there are few now who come here. You can introduce yourself on the Newbie thread.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Hello there! I used to come here all the time but then activity died way down and I went with it unfortunately. I've been coming here more often though just not really making any posts.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I drop in on the odd occasion. Usually I'll post here or there, but when there is very little to bother responding to, I find there is no drive to actually check in. Same with Entmoot. The One Ring dot com went to requiring a subscription to participate. I was active on TTF until recently but got tired of the Rings of Power haters bombing any sort of discussion of the TV series. So I been on Hall of Fire and LotR Fanatics mostly. Not sure why this place hasn't picked up any activity. Probably because of the errors and such that come up with broken links and logins and stuff which has plagued this site for the last ten years.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Lady_of_Darkness
Council Member
Send Message
I log in occasionally, and like Hanasian, I was also a member of the One Ring.com (same username). I re-registered when they first redid the site, but only posted in the introductory thread. They must have deleted all the members when they upgraded to a paid suscription, because I can no longer log in (with username or email, and that hasn't changed since I re-registered), so I guess I'll have to stick with this site, LotR Fanatics Plaza (I mostly post in the role playing sections, since I suck at lore and have no interest in Rings of Power, sorry), and TORN (the One Ring.net), which I haven't been back to since January when I was more into Darkwing Duck. I'm also a member of both a newer and older incarnation of Arwen Undomiel (which I only log into to update my movie list on both forums, even though the original one is mostly bombarded with ads).
In the darkness you could hear the crying of women, the wailing of infants, and the shouting of men. Some prayed for help. Others wished for death. But still more imagined that there were no Gods left, and that the universe was plunged into eternal darkness. - Pliny the Younger, A.D. 79.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
So sorry, but yes, many have moved on. I used to be on here ALL the time, not so much anymore.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Lady_of_Darkness said:I log in occasionally, and like Hanasian, I was also a member of the One Ring.com (same username). I re-registered when they first redid the site, but only posted in the introductory thread. They must have deleted all the members when they upgraded to a paid suscription, because I can no longer log in (with username or email, and that hasn't changed since I re-registered), so I guess I'll have to stick with this site, LotR Fanatics Plaza (I mostly post in the role playing sections, since I suck at lore and have no interest in Rings of Power, sorry), and TORN (the One Ring.net), which I haven't been back to since January when I was more into Darkwing Duck. I'm also a member of both a newer and older incarnation of Arwen Undomiel (which I only log into to update my movie list on both forums, even though the original one is mostly bombarded with ads).

Wow.. we have crossed paths a lot! Did you use to rolepay on old TORc? I did my best to try and get the Arwen Undomiel 2.0 to go somewhere, but it seems I was the only one starting threads there. Abandoned Arwen Undomiel 1.0 due to the spammers. I used to go in and report them and occasionally the last remining mod would sometimes clean it up, but that hasnt' happened in a couple years now.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Lady_of_Darkness
Council Member
Send Message
I didn't role play there much, but it is the site where I first thought up Naelia (pronounced NIE-LEE-AH) on the LotR Fanatics Plaza. I joined the Mordor alliance and posted the following intro: After an unfortunate absense due to circumstances beyond her control, a woman that cloaked herself in shadow returned to the land of her origins. Some say that she was a renegade Elf from Mirkwood, but one thing that many people had overlooked was that she was also the daughter of one of the Dark Tower's greatest captains, and he wasn't going to be too happy with the news his daughter was about to bring. He remembered all too well the time a certain Elven princess (the woman's mother to be exact) snuck into Mordor and stole his daughter away from the only thing she ever knew, and later paid for this mistake with her life.

I've changed a few things around since originally creating her, since she's more of a Black Numenorean than an Elf, and she was on a scouting missing in Northern Mirkwood, rather than her mother sneaking into Mordor (otherwise she would have been killed on the spot or left to rot in the Black Pits, similar to what happened to Lathana, Naelia's half sister on her mother's side, when she was first captured for betraying the Dark Lord).

I copied and pasted it before the original site got redone and posted it in the Entmoot on the newest incarnation of the LotR Fanatics Plaza, which is why I still have access to it.
In the darkness you could hear the crying of women, the wailing of infants, and the shouting of men. Some prayed for help. Others wished for death. But still more imagined that there were no Gods left, and that the universe was plunged into eternal darkness. - Pliny the Younger, A.D. 79.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Awesome! Characters growing as they go is really cool. I've tried several times over the years to try and roleplay on LotR Fanatics, but I always feel like I'm intruding even if it is in an 'open' thread. I have created most of my characters over on RP Repository as they have excellent customizable character template pages that can be dedicated to each character and I can give them custom urls for linking. Here is an example of Hanasian.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email