Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1516171819
Author Topic:
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Elvish Armoury (free) (keep)
on: June 07, 2005 03:22
Perathion listened to Elruwen and then Elerrina. He thought about Elerrina's suggestion and it sounded reasonable to him. Orodreth would surely not mind getting a brand new sword, right from the hands of the foremost elven smith on Middle Earth.

So he said "Aye,you are both right. But as I don't know when Orodreth will be able to come here, I can tell you what kind of blade he would like to have, for we are brothers after all and know each other's wants and desires well."

(OOC-Wb Ele! Let's roll it now!:cool

[Edited on 7/6/2005 by Perathion]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 12:32
"I'll repair the hilt free of charge for you. Now as for the new blade would you like to comission one for your brother or would you like to pick one off the shelf so to speak?" She asked

"Hamen, Damen, would you like to see the workshop?" Celebros asked the dwarven pair.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 03:54
Damen was hard-pressed to take his eyes off Elruwen to answer Celebros; he was quite bowled over by her beauty. He was also impressed by her prowess physically and mentally. Alas, he sighed to himself, such a beauty was perhaps beyond his reach. He would not give up so easily though; something could happen at any time to change the situation.

He turned to Celebros, saying "Yes, that would be very kind of you." Then he added softly, almost to himself, "though perhaps someday your mother would allow me to watch her work..." Actually, all thoughts of business had flown from his mind.

Naur, who had retreated a few paces away to eat another cookie--his third--could actually hear the Dwarf thinking, such was the mental and emotional energy he was putting into his 'feelings' for this stately she-Elf and making a good impression.

~~ Elruwen? Can you hear this Dwarf's thoughts, as I can?~~ Naur messaged her mentally.

Naur didn't want to intrude into this part of Elruwen's life, but the Dwarf was thinking awfully loud! Hmm... perhaps he shouldn't even have mentioned it...

As Damen followed Celebros, Hamen seemed content to keep his eyes on Elerrina. "Ah, her red hair shines like burnished copper... even more beautiful than gold..." He reached for another cookie.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 06:46
"Well, I can take a look at your selection on the shelf first!", answered Perathion. He tried to find a sword that he knew fit his brother's standards. After a careful inspection, he was not sure if any of the swords would satisfy Orodreth's particular taste, so he said "I think I will have to comission a sword for him. What now?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 11:26
~~I'm afraid I can't but then I'm not really paying attention to his thoughts Naur, not only that it is rude to intrude into people's thoughts.~~ Elruwen replied mentally

"Maybe you will see that one day Damen. It looks like my mother might have a blade to forge for Perathion's brother." he replied in quiet voice, so that the other's didn't hear and thus make an attempt to not embaress the dwarf.

**Celebros rose from his seat.** "This way Damen." he smiled

**The cookie Hamen was attempting to take from the plate was no longer there. It was levitating towards Naur's open mouth. The wolf's eyes were closed as a result of him concentrating and he thus didn't notice the fact that Hamen had spotted the levitating cookie.**

"Well to comission a blade you need to tell me what metal you would like it forged of, such as steel or mithril for example. I need you to draw out a design for the shape of the blade and the hilt. Then I need to know if you want it decorated, for example an inscription engraved in the blade, gems added into the blade or the hilt. Then I need to know what enchancments you would like the blade to have, for example the ablility to let loose a smal bolt of lighting on a sucessful hit against a foe, or to do ice damage on a hit and then create an icy burst if you hit the foe in a critical area, I could imbue the blade to ooze acid when it is used in battle. I could have the blade enchance the wielders strenght temporarily, like the Ioun Stones do. The possibilities are endless, look at the stones, the already forged blades, the rings we've created and my spell list." she smiled kindly
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 03:02
"Wow, that sounds like a lot of work! But it will definitely be worth it.", answered Perathion stunned. Then he grinned and said "My brother will be ever thankful to me after this! I can't wait to see his face when I hand him the magic sword!"

Then he sat down and started drawing the model for the blade. At the same time he thought of which spells he should choose and decided to go with the ice one. And it surely wouldn't hurt to add the acid effect and the Ioun Stones either. With that sword, Perathion started thinking, Orodreth would be THE marchwarden, the strongest warrior of all Lindon. He giggled to himself thinking how Orodreth probably always strived to achieve just that and now it would all come true. Not that he wasn't one of the strongest warriors already, but now he would be matchless.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 10, 2005 06:03
As Hamen took his eyes from Elerrina, he saw the cookie--his cookie--floating toward the open mouth and closed eyes of Naur. For a second the Dwarf was immobilized with surprise, seeing the cookie in mid-air, then... showing that Dwarves can think fast... he reached out and nabbed the suspended cookie from its slow flight. He quickly stuffed it into his mouth, trying not to break into hillarious guffaws (which would have showered everyone with cookie crumbs). Naur, not realizing that the object of his levitation had made a detour, continued to sit with eyes closed and mouth open.

Elerrina was having a hard time not laughing aloud, too. She'd seen Hamen regain his possession of the cookie, and Naur not see where it had gone. Finally, a small giggle escaped her lips, which she promptly covered with a slight cough.

Now Naur, eyes searching for the missing cookie, was torn between answering Elruwen and getting another cookie-- the last one on the plate.

~~Er, Elruwen, I wasn't trying to hear his thoughts on purpose~~ Naur almost shuddered at the idea. ~~ For some reason, though, this particular Dwarf's thoughts, when he's thinking loudly anyway, seem to be on a wave length that my mind doesn't block out automatically. You should hear what he imagines with Elerrina; he has a very passionate crush on her! The only way I can block him is to... to... eat! ~~ Naur closed his eyes again as he gave the last cookie a mental lift and concentrated on moving it toward him.

Elerrina had taken a sip of tea, and she almost choked as Naur tried once again to sneak the last cookie. Not wanting to do that, the hastily rose to look at Perathion's drawing. "Your design is very handsome, Perathion, though I imagine Elruwen will have some suggestions. I've used the frost spell before: The ring that Celebros gave me is imbued with that spell," she held her hand out for him to see it."You can see the type of spell by looking at the design pattern that the stone took on inside." She looked toward the workroom where Celebros and Damen had gone and smiled, then turned back. "I've just used the spell a few times, but I find it an effective weapon, and the ring in itself is very beautiful."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 10, 2005 11:06
**Celebros has watched the whole cookie incident and thought it was about time Naur was taught a lesson. He went into the kitchen quickly, grabbed a small chilie pepper from the kitchen, a rare and exotic food that Elruwen had been given as part payment for a ring comission. By the Valar these tiny fruits packed a hot punch. He quietly snuck round to the the leviating cookie and carfully balanced the chilie on top. Before slinking back to the workshop**

**Celebros started showing Damen around the workshop pointing out all the tools, the various works in progress and the like.**

"A fine design indeed Perathion, now exactly which sort of Ioun Stone power would you like in the blade? All I can see on the design concering that is the phrase Ioun Stone." she smiled "Once you've decided completely I shall start work on it. You still have not mentioned the metal for the blade either...."

**Elruwen's sentance was interupted by a very loud howl of pain and the sound of skittering claws across the floor, the sound of the back door being slammed open and eventually a large splash as Naur threw himself headfirst into the largest of Elruwen's water butts. Soon after that came the unmistakable sound of Hwest laughing**
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 08:40
"I haven't yet decided on the metal...when it comes to Ioun Stone powers, I'll go for the strength enchancing one.", Perathion answered thoughtfully. After he had drawn the whole model, he handed it to Elruwen.

Then he stood up and paced about for a while thinking what kind of metal he could choose. Mithril was lighter and easier to wield, but steel could cause more damage. In the end he said "Think I'll go with the steel. My brother would prefer that.
He likes his sword to be heavier."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 13, 2005 06:17
"Your brother likes a heavy blade does he? You might be interested in making the blade of Astral Drift Metal. Its a metal that sometimes appears in out extra dimensional spaces, where they over lap with the Astral Plane. You see that dulled silvery blade on the rack with the rubies running down the blade and the swirled engravings. That's one of the blades made from the rare metal. Its just an idea and it would make the blade truely unique" she smiled

**Elruwen heard Hwest's laughter**

~~Naur are you alright?~~ she messaged him so that everyone heard

~~NO! I feel like I've swallowed a whole fireball!~~ came his mentally loud reply
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 13, 2005 10:51
Having seen Celebros add that extra bit of flavor to the errant cookie, Elerrina knew what all the howling and laughing was about. Naur was famous-- or would that be infamous?-- for his capacity for cookies; his expanded waistline was somewhat of a tattletale, too.

~~ Naur! Don't drink any water! It will only make the peppers hotter!~~ she messaged quickly, but knew it was probably already, too late. While she didn't hold with teasing 'dumb animals', Naur was anything but dumb... he was, however, ignorant about eating spicy foods and peppers.

Naur was moaning with the heat in his mouth, but he dared not go back in the house. He was sopping wet and Elruwen would probably have tossed him out and into the water butt again... he pawed his nose and mouth. Elerrina was right: the water had made the pepper even hotter! ~~What can I do? Help me, someone... please!~~ Naur messaged the others frantically. ~~I'll never steal another cookie... I promise! Please make it go away...~~

Taking pity on Celebros' fury friend (and hers), she went to the pony of beer that resided in the cool cellar and drained about a pint into a large bowl. Carefully, she took the bowl out the back door to him. She almost laughed, he stood looking so pitious with his mouth open, panting. "Drink it slowly... the alcohol will slowly wash the hot feeling from your mouth... you'll probably get a little happy feeling from the beer, too," she said.

Finally, a few minutes later, as Naur's distress subsided, she smiled. "You really should watch what you eat, Naur..."

Naur sighed. I will have to endure Elven teasing about this incident forevermore, he thought, even though he did appreciate Elerrina's help. ~~ Thank you, Elerrina, for the help, but I do not see the humor in this... this... cruelty to animals.~~ He did finish the beer, though, then with all the dignity he could muster, he went inside to lay by the stove on his bed.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: December 16, 2005 09:41
Naur went off grumbling, out the door (to take care of one of the other effects of drinking beer). When he came back in he skirted the cookie tray and went to Elerrina.

~~ Erm... do you think I could have a bit more of that beer, Ele?~~ He messaged her. ~~ It did a good job of getting rid of the hot taste, in fact it tasted good! But I could use a little more... please?~~

"Naur... beer couldn't be very good for you. I didn't mean for you to develop a taste for it-- it was just for this one time," Elerrina spoke softly to the wolf, who was now looking rather relaxed. Indeed, his forepaws were slowly slipping out from under his body; his tongue lolled from his mouth. With a loud sigh, he slipped further until he was prone... in a few moments he was snoring.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 08, 2006 06:34
"Elerrina...what are you feeding Naur, he's snoring like a drunken dwarf!" Celebros laughed

((OOC: So as to comply with the new rules I should make a point that only mundane items are now avaliable from the EA, After over three years supplying the Characters of the TR forum with magical goods I'm sorry that its back to mundane items.))

[Edited on 9/5/2006 by Elruwen]
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2007 09:44
Ithilion opened the door and entered the armoury, jangling the bell as he went. he approached Elruwen and bowed politely.

"excuse me milady, i wonder if you might be able to help me. i am seeking something in a blade. something light and quick if possible. might you have any i might be able to see?"

[Edited on 5/2/2007 by IthilionofMirkwood]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 06, 2007 07:29
"Good day my lord." Elruwen smiled, bowing her head out of respect "I am sure I can help you, this is an armoury after all. Well feel free to cast your eyes over the blades already on the sae racks. If you see nothing you like but qualties from different blades that you would like to see combined in a single blade just ask. I'm sure that either myself or my son Celebros will happily make a blade to your requirements, within a specified period of time You will find the blades grouped by size and then the heavier blades towards the bottom and the lighter blades towards the top."
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 02:12
Ithilion wandered among the racks of blades in the armoury. there were many beautiful pieces on display, some long, some little more than daggers, some plain, and others decorated with beautiful gems and carvings. Suddenly one particular blade caught his eye. It was an unusual piece, not curved like most elven blades, but straight from the point of the blade to the base of the pommel. It had a crossguard more akin to the swords of Men, but made with infinitely more skill. The handle was wrapped in red leather, the same leather of the scabbard, and the pommel was fashioned in the shape of a dragon's head. The dragon's eyes were of mithril, and it bore an exquisitely cut ruby in its teeth.
Ithilion took the sword from the rack and drew it. the blade glinted in the sun streaming in through the window. it was an unusually bulky sword for an elven blade, and yet was almost unbelievably light.
Ithilion re-sheathed the blade and walked over to Elruwen. "how much do you want for this blade?" he asked
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 01:29
"You have a keen eye, a fine but unusual choice if I may say so." Elruwen smilled "In all the years that blade has been waiting to find a good home you are the first to inquire about it. I suppose I can let it go for 2,000 gold peices and no less given the age of the blade, the fact it is solid mithril and its story. I suppose you would like to hear the story attatched to this fine blade as well?"
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2007 03:03
"indeed, it sounds like a fascinating story. please, go on."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 08, 2007 12:30
"You may or may not know that I am of the Noldor elves, take that little snippet of information into account as I tell you the tale. "You may want to pull up a chair, but not that tatty looking one, Naur the resident wolf is very protective of it." she smiled

"Well the best place to start would be from the beginning. At the time this blade was forged there were a number of Noldorin armouries work by both male and female elves. We worked hard to keep up with the demend for weapons, as there was trouble afoot at the time. That is an entirely different story. I was approached by a young man of numenorian descent, a dear friend of mine. He asked for a blade like those of is people but with the lightweight and keen edge of an traditional curved elven blade. So was forged this mithril blade. It was the first time I had dared try and forge one of the typically straight blades of men. I was still an apprentice of sorts at the time and apparently no one else would take on his request. The blade was forged but the young man met an untimely end, on his jealous brother's blade and he never saw the piece complete. It has been in my possesion ever since. Of course this is the very abridged version of the tale."
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2007 02:01
hearing the tail, ithilion was much saddened.

"the folly of Man ceases to amaze me. what will come of this world when we are all gone? there are ever fewer who remain, and already the world is a darker place. you say you made this yourself? I have known many great smiths in my time, and few indeed could have fashioned such a blade at the height of their skill, and you succeeded as a mere apprentice? it saddens me that the original owner never came to claim it. I should be glat to care for it in his place, if you will allow me."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 10, 2007 11:23
"Who knows, who knows,Maybe I will still be wandering the roads of Middle Earth when the end of time comes. I am bound by a promise I made many ages ago to never leave its shores. Yes I made this blade myself, there are not many Noldorin forged blades left in these realms. Don't look so disheartened, I have had may ages to perfect my craft, while you are still very young compared to me." she smiled "I would be glad to let you take this blade home with you. Just make sure you look after it well."
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 09:46
"indeed i shall. here are the 2,000 gold pieces you asked for."

ithilion turne to leave, but then checked himself, as if remembering something

"there was one last thing. could you possibly furnish me with some arrows? i seem to have all but run out. Also, do you know of anywhere nearby i could purchase a horse?"

[Edited on 11/2/2007 by IthilionofMirkwood]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 02:34
She smiled as he handed over the coins and then handed them to her son Celebros, who locked them away in a safe.

"Arrows, I have plenty, they are in the ground quivers and racks by the door. As for where you can purchase a horse from I honestly do not know. Feel free to pop in whenever you pass through this area, we are more than just a mere armoury...there is always tea and biscuits avaliable...assuming the wolf hasn't eaten all the biscuits of course."
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 11:47
noticing the wolf lying in the corner for the first time, Ithilion seemed startled.

"a wolf who eats biscuits? will wonders never cease? this is a unique creature indeed! it is only a shame i have nothing for him. ah well, perhaps next time i am here."

Ithilion picked up a bundle of arrows from the corner, placed a bag of gold on the counter in payment, and bowed to Elruwen

"now i must be on my way. i have tarried here far longer than i ought, and i ave much other business this day. Nen vaer a lalaith veren ir i lû tôl a adgevedim"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 01:04
"You obviously didn't see Hwest on the way in. The young giant eagle sat on the roof." she laughed "Naur is no ordinary wolf you can assured by that. He is still young in mind and body and yet is considered to be very old by wolf standards. Don't worry for not bringing him a gift, he probably wouldn't have appricated it given his state. He is currently nursing a pepper burnt tongue and a mild hangover. Thank you for you custom sir and have a safe journey mellon. May your bow and blade serve you well, until we meet again namarie."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2007 10:13
(OOC-Anybody here? Lord, it's been so long since I've done this...I feel a sting of nostalgia. Oh well, it's good to be back. Ele, Ruwen, everybody, wherever you are-come on! We mustn't let our thread fade away!)

Perathion was in the backyard, playing with Hwest (as much as it was possible) and trying to amuse himself while waiting for the sword to be ready. Finally, not being able to withstand his curiosity and/or boredom, he went inside.

"I know I'm not supposed to interrupt the great master at her work, but I am curious to see how the sword is coming up", he said to Celebros.

[Edited on 29/8/2007 by Perathion]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 29, 2007 11:38
((OOC: I'm still here, just finding very very little time to do anything other than college work))

"Well you never did actually tell my mother whether you wanted normal steel for the blade or the heavier dirft metal. All she is doing at the moment is heating up the forge and waiting on your final decission." Celebros Laughed "She can't forge a blade from air you know"
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2007 04:09
"My mistake", laughed Perathion. "Normal steel will do just fine." Celebros went and told his mother Perathion's decision. When he came back, Perathion asked:"Celebros, I was wondering about something. This Quarion...what's the deal with him and your mother? How does she know him?"
<< First1516171819
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email