Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Has anyone actually met one of the cast/crew?
on: August 01, 2011 02:48
Well, still haven't met them, but I saw them while we were driving in LA. I wanted to go out and talk to them, 'cause they weremjust standing there!!! Ehem. But my mom + our driver wouldn't let me. >:O Rage.
PeregrinGuardoftheCitadel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2011 11:02
No, but I will meet the four Hobbits.

~PeregrinGuardoftheCitadel, aka Charlie Pace, aka Elizabeth, aka just me
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2011 02:34
Hey, Pip!
millaindie
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2011 05:27
I have sadly not met anyone But I'm hoping to meet them next year for the Hobbit premiere! I really think most of the original cast will go to the premiere as guests or something. Oh, and next year I'm going to Scotland or Ireland and of course England. I hope Beecake will play somewhere in UK when I am there! Would be so cool if I could meet Billy, and who knows: maybe some of the other cast members from lotr/hobbit will be there too? You never know! But I'm seriously going to get permission to have free from school next year! Or maybe the next film, because then I'm finished school and thinking on taking a free year and have a job before I start university.
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
I was hoping to meet at least one of the cast members at The Hobbit premiere in 2012 in Wellington, however since then I have briefly met Dominic and Billy. They're both very nice people, especially Dom
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Jealous much!

I don't know how I would react if I met one of the cast. I might cry. But I would love to meet the composer Howard Shore, Ian Mckellan, and Lee Pace, who plays Thranduil.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
4EVERELVISH
Council Member
Send Message
Man, I wish I had!!!!! I always imagine it when I'm bored and the first thing I always imagine doing is getting Orlando Bloom to sign my sketchbook

[Edited on 06/20/2015 by 4EVERELVISH]
''For an eternity I have waited for you, and now another eternity I must spend with my heart whispering your name.''
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Ok, I really really really X45 want Orlando Bloom and Lee Pace's autographs. I would die if I met them!

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

lady_emilie
Council Member
Send Message
OKAY so I didn't actually talk to him, but Aidan Turner (Kili) was filming Poldark in my school the other week, and I saw him a couple of times! Security were super strict though (understandably) but the cast were staying in a hotel not 20 metres away from my boarding house! I was close to climbing out a window and attempting a break-in (almost)...
Fool of a Took!
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I don't know ... except for Christopher Lee (RIP), John Rhys Davies, Hugo Weaving (Matrix), and Brad Dourif (Alien: Resurrection), I know few film titles that the actors have appeared in, let alone seen the films ... WHOA! Ian McKellen in the X-Men series! ...
Anyway, I would feel kinda silly babbling at them about LoTR, while being an almost total ignoramus on most of what they have done artistically otherwise ...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I had a chance to meet Manu Bennet (Azog) at a convention I went to about a month ago, but seeing as how I was in full cosplay for something non-Tolkien, I chickened out.
So. Much. Regret.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
findemaxam48 said:I had a chance to meet Manu Bennet (Azog) at a convention I went to about a month ago, but seeing as how I was in full cosplay for something non-Tolkien, I chickened out.
So. Much. Regret.

Awww I wish you could have met him it wouldn't have mattered if you were portraying a different character. I hope you get the chance again in the future. It would have been really cool.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks! Fortunately I go to a lot of conventions and I have a good chance at meeting someone in the future!
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
When you do meet one of them post pictures, please.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Of course I will! It'll be all over my cosplay social media and personal social media, so it will definitely make a stop here. It will be a joyous day indeed.
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
I haven't really, unless seeing Sean Astin over the live webcam in TheOneRing.net broadcast counts.

He showed a photo of his daughter that did a cameo in the movie as a child, she was all grown up. He had also been doing marathons.

[Edited on 11/21/2017 by Elainiwen]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email