Register

<< First4142434445
Author Topic:
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hanging Horseman Pub
on: March 13, 2005 06:53
Wolf laughed, "Well what about yourself dark one, surely you must have seen or done something interesting in your days."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 07:32
"Yes maybe I have, but I didn't volunteer to tell a tale my friend, you did." he laughed "Anyway some people may find the stories of my past somewhat disturning."
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 04:01
"By the rather silent table I guess I am going again." Wolf ordered another drink, and sat back, thinking of a tale. Well recently I was on a little man hunt, well woman hunt really, which turned to an adventure." I was down South in Gondor, stopped in to greet the king, and it was all well and good, till he pulled me aside and asked if I would do something for him." Wolf took a drink, "Well for a king of course I would, and for a cousin, even more so. He said apparently one of his daughters was out seeing the world, and hadn't sent back a letter for a while. Her mother was worried sick, and Aragorn wanted me to track her down." Wolf took another drink, and paused for dramatic timing /commentary.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 07:02
Elerrina looked from Wolf to Quarion as each spoke. Each had interesting tales to tell... however Quarion was more closed-mouthed about his 'odd' tales. She wanted to hear more (and learn more) from each one, but finally Wolf took the initiative, so she turned her attention to him. "Go on, Wolf," she encouraged. "What happened then?"

((OOC- Sorry to be gone so long, I've been busy with the stuff Life is made of: traveling, love, writing a book. Are we starting the threads back up again? If so, I'll try to attend to my writing here, too! I'll check back in a couple days, as I'm traveling again now.))
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 09:35
((OOC: **uber-big hug** Its good to see you back Elerrina and its good to see that all of us are still RPing. I recon that the archers have to be the longest established rp group on this site now lol!))

"Please go on Wolf, this sounds interesting." Elruwen smiled

**Celebros cringed as Quarion reached for one of the beams plucked a large spider from it and proceeded to munch on it somewhat audibly.**
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 12:28
*Alexandra cringed slightly at the sounds of the spider in Quarion's mouth, but listened intently to Wolf's story*
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 04:14
Elerrina tried to control a shudder at the sounds of spider being crunched in Quarion's teeth. She didn't want to even begin thinking of what it might taste like. Just think of him eating crunchy bacon, she thought to herself.

"Yes, do go on, Wolf. Was she off adventuring or was their some foul play going on?" She asked aloud."Though at her youthful age, I would more expect there to be a young Man or Elf involved." She smiled as Quarion continued to enjoy his snack.
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 09:01
(So my computer only crashed three times while I was typing this over the last few days)
Wolf winced at the first crunch, but continued his story without leting it effect him to much.

"Well, her trail led me up to Merkwood, and later in to the forest itself. From there I tracked a set of footsteps for two days in the direction of Dol Guilder. After two days, I found a clearing in the forest, with evidence of a capsite, and a fight. I quickly checked the area, there was no body around, but there was a trail leading off to the north which had been used recently. Alarmed for the first time during this, I took off folowing the trail in to the forest."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 09:43
**Quarion swallowed the spider descretly and then turned to Wolf**
"What happened next, you have us all on tenterhooks now." he chuckled

"Please carry on Wolf you have my full attention." Celebros added
**Which wasn't quite true as he was busy trying to pull Elerrina and her chair a little closer to him.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 04:13
Elerrina glanced at Celebros--wondering what he was doing--then she smiled at him, her green eyes sparkling happily, and whispered, "What are you up to, my dear? You can't wait until we get back to the Armoury to snuggle?"

They both enjoyed holding hands and being close, but Elerrina couldn't let an opportunity to tease him go by... unused! She was trying hard not to giggle again, but didn't want to attract Perathion's attention or interrupt Wolf's story.

Elerrina did take his hand in hers, but then she turned back to Wolf, as if she were very, very interested in his tale (which she was, really), and gave him a conspritorial wink.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 01:38
**Celebros went a little pink and murmered something rather incoherently probably something along the lines of an appology.**

**Elruwen cast a glance over at the pair and rolled her eyes a little and managed to hide a giggle or two.**
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 09:13
Wolf interupted his own story though, turning to talk to the already slightly pink Celebros, "You know, chairs move a lot better when there isn't someone sitting it in."

"Anyhow, about and hour down the trail, it just ended. A quick search of the area found a hole large enough for a man, or orc, to jump in to. I made a torch, lit it and droped in. The inital drop was about four feet, but that was only to a small ledge, which I almost missed. The second drop was another four or five feet, And down there there was a tunnel. I didn't know what to expect at that point, the webspinners arn't the only gient spider in Merkwood. A little bit in though, I saw boot marks, so I guessed it was probibly orc or men, rather then beasts. I fallowed the marks down the tunnel a good fifty feet, then the tunnel split, with no clues as to which way they had gone."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 07:57
**Wolf's comment caused Celebros to go even pinker**

"So the tracks stopped at the fork in the tunnels yes?" Elruwen asked
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 08:45
"Actually, the exact opposite was the problem, there were tracks leading down both, crossing over each other, as the last group to travel down had split, some going down both tunnels. With no indicator to which way they had taken their captive, I choose the left tunnel, and moved down it swiftly but cautiously. After travailing a number of feet, I found evidence that these tunnels were not entirely natural. There was a wooden door built in the tunnel. Quietly I mored up to the door, and listened. Inside I heard voices, but could not tell what they were saying. I heard one get up, and begin moving to the door. I drew my knife, and hid against the wall next to the door."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 01:43
Elerrina's sharp intake of breath startled them all; she really had been hanging on his every word.

"What then, Wolf? Were they Orcs or Men? Were you discovered or did you run?" She asked.
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 11:02
"It was Orcs, three of them, they walked right past me in to the hallway, my figure hidden by the door they had opened. The last one closed the door behind him, not bothering to look behind as he did so. I stole up behind him, covering his mouth with one hand, slicing his neck with the other. Silently he fell to the floor. But the others sensed something was not right, perhaps waiting for a comment from their fallen buddy. I struck low, taking the legs out from under the nearest one, The third pulled for his weapon, beginning a battle cry that was cut short by blow to his stomach, intend to take the wind out of him. But an Orcs desire for battle is stronger then his desire for breath, and he swung at me none the less. But the blow was clumsy, and exposed his back, letting me move to cut open the back of his neck. By this time the second Orc had gotten up, he drew his sword, swinging back for a might blow, but he had forgotten we were in tunnels. His sword struck the roof, leaving him well open for a knife in the heart. I opened the door again, and dragged the three bodies in. I wanted as few people to know I was there as I could."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 04:47
"Please continue Wolf, this story is becoming more and more interesting as you progress. You can't keep us all in suspence like this." Elruwen smiled
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 07:28
Elerrina smiled, but it wasn't a pleasant smile. She nodded, recalling the times she'd had the opportunity--or the need--to take control of such circumstances herself.

"Well done, Wolf!" She added to Elruwen's comment. "What happened next?"
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 08:17
Wolf smiled at the looks of suspense on his audience's faces, and intentionally held paused his story for a moment.

"After stashing the Orcs in the room, I continued down the hallway. A minute or so later, I got lucky, the Orcs must have gotten tired of caring their captive, as I picked up a set of smaller footprints, consistent with a human (or elf) women. With a new set of clues, I was able to move swiftly past a number of forks and splits, moving further down into the caves. Sneaking quietly past a number of other doors, some of which I was sure were occupied. I continued until the small footprints turned from the tunnels in to a doorway. I stopped to listen for voices though the door way, and not to surprisingly, there were some gruff Orc voices - an argument seemed to be starting. My initial reaction was to let the argument start, and let some of the Orcs take each other out. However, if the girl was in there, she could be the source of the argument, and could be hurt in the fighting. So I pulled out a spear, and prepared to storm the room."

Wolf let another pause settle over the table.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 04:46
Elerrina shifted back in her chair, smiling slightly... waiting. She wondered for a moment what she would have done in the same circumstances. Wait for something to happen inside or storm the door? With another person's welfare at stake, inside the room...

Finally, she decided: sometime's there is no choice; you have to take the initiative. "That's what I would have done, too, I think. What then, Wolf?" She asked, "Did you just burst in or create a diversion to draw a few out? That would split the group, perhaps..."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 15, 2005 09:08
**Celebros and Elruwen nodded in agreement, they would have done the same. Quarion shook his head in disagreement. Being well versed in the arcane ways he would have probably tried to scry on those in the room first and then worked out a plan of action.**

"Its not what I would have done but.....ah nevermind."
He was about to add his comment to the conversation but thought better off it. He wanted to hear how the story ended first before comenting. Afterall everyone posseses perfect 20/20 hindsight.**
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 09:47
"There is probably a much better way to have done all of this." Wolf replied to Quarion's half said statement.

"The door, of course, was locked. Thinking for a second, I pounded hard on the door, yelling 'Open Up' in the guttural Black Speech of Orcs. The area went quiet, then, after a long second, I heard a latch open on the door, and the orc on the other side pulled it open. I punched the spear though the front orc, then removed it again, My initial plan was to use stay in the door, forcing the orcs to fight one by one. This plan quickly changed when I heard the distinctive creak of an orc bow. I jumped to the side, The arrow bouncing against the wall behind me.
In a typical orcish display of disorganization, three orcs rushed me, getting between their archers and myself. One boworc dropped his weapon in disgust, while the third apparently thought he could still hit me. His shot flew powerfully, striking one of the orcs solidly in the back, taking him out. As I blocked and sidestepped the orcish blades, I cursed not having a shorter sword - the room was to tight to effectively use my sword, but not tight enough to prevent the orcs from using theirs.
I then saw the dead orc's sword lying on the ground, moving to grab it cost me a cut across side, one that was just deflected by my armor. I was better armed, but had positioned myself to be completely surrounded. The fight that ensued left we with a number of scratches and close calls, including a punch to the face. There was a second door to the room, opposite the one I had entered. I moved to it, but it was quiet on the other side.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 02:27
Elerrina was listening, wide-eyed, and in suspense. "Where was the girl? Did you see her?" She blurted out impulsively, then apologized. "Oh... sorry to butt in, Wolf; I got caught up in the story..."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 10:29
"Please continue Wolf, you have us hanging onto your every word dying to know what happens next." Celebros grinned

"And for once I agree with Celebros, and that is a rare occurence." Quarion added
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2005 09:40
"The woman was not there. Just Orcs, a table and some playing cards. The cards were likely the source of the argument. I moved over the to door and listened. I heard no noises on the other side, and so I opened it revealing a frightened woman hurtling in the corner of a storage closet. Her eyes widened when she saw I was no orc. She struggled to get up, a difficult feat as her hands and feet were tied. I cut her bonds, and helped her up. 'Can you walk?' I asked. She nodded a yes, and we moved off, back though the card room and in to the hallway. I retraced my steps trying to move swiftly, though her legs were weak from days of non-use. As I passed on of the forks in the tunnels, I heard the horrific sound of running orcs. We ran all the way to the surface opening, and gave her a boost, so she could start to scramble up the sides of the hole. I turned back to the tunnel, hoping to hold them off long enough for her to get out. the tunnel wasn't to small at this point, and they were coming at me two abreast. I fought defensively, hoping only buy some time. I was starting to ware down when I heard a cry of 'ranger!' from above me. A glance upwards showed me the woman up on the surface, looking worriedly down at her rescuer. I suddenly fought aggressively, forcing the two orcs fighting me back a few feet. On that I turned and jumped, my foot catching a foothold on the wall. I pushed off again, rising above the orcs, ramming face first in to the opposite wall. I buried my knife in to the wall, using it as a handhold. Time felt like it slowed down as I struggled for a handhold while the knife slowly started to slip. Then I felt someone grab my arm. The woman helped me out the of hole, leaving the orcs attempting to scramble up the sides. We didn't wait to watch them get out, taking off running through the forest. We slowed down after a few minutes, and by sunset, I was sure we had lost them."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 01:20
((OOC: hehe I've only just realised that we passed the 1500 post mark on this thread, 64 no make that 65 posts ago. THis has got to be the longest thread in the T-R Forums. Well done everyone for keeping it going for so long!))

"And what happened after that Wolf? You can't end the story there surely." Elruwen piped up

**Celebros and Quarion nodded in agreement. Even the resident haunted suit of armour nodded in agreement, the neck plates and helm creaking and squeeking. For once the armour was behaving itself and actually listening to what others said!**

"Please continue Wolf, even the suit of armour is listening to your story." Celebros grinned

[Edited on 2/6/2005 by Elruwen]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 02:48
Hmmm, Elerrina thought to herself, glancing at the armour which usually leaned so casually against the wall by the main door. It did look like it was a little straighter, and the helmet did look like it was now pointed right at the table full of listeners. Even the gloved hand around the handle of the battle axe looked... well, looked suspiciously firm to her; she hoped the ghost who haunted it wasn't being stirred into action again... Naur had lost more than one tuft of his tail to the battle axe conveniently 'falling' as he went by. And she had dodged its blade at her heels herself, more than once. She wagged her forefinger at it a couple of times as if to say, 'You'd better behave!' Then she turned back to the Celebros and whispered, "Don't trust that thing, dearheart! That ghost is full of tricks!"

She turned back to Wolf and Elruwen. "Yes, Wolf... go on. Did you manage to get anything worthwhile from the Orcs? Besides the young lady, of course..." She said with a smile and a wink.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 01:41
"As is Quarion." Celebros laughed "I doubt the resident ghost will want another scorching like the last one he received curtosy of our archmage friend."

"I remember that well, but less of this distracting talk and let Wolf continue with his tale." Quarion grinned
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 07:29
(( OOC- While we wait for Wolf, a few comments on this thread and Elruwen's comments a few posts up: It was posted by me as a favor to Mithrowden on July 17, 2002. I thought it would be fun to write the initial 'set-up' post, and she was hesitant about doing it herself. It was fun, and a lot of 'customers' have come and gone in that time. I hear from Mith every once in a while, or catch her on MSN-IM, but she doesn't come to CoE anymore :cry: . I think she has 'grown up' and moved on to uni and jobs and other pursuits. I miss her...

I think the Hanging Horseman may be also the longest running thread in the TR Forum (besides being the most posts and views), but 'Leader of Elves' was a runner up at the time.

And for any who don't know... The current Elvish Armoury thread is the second thread that Elruwen did with that name. When we had the other Archer's thread going (A Promise Kept), plus some others, it seemed like we had too many threads going, so Elruwen combined them (removing the old one), only to later find we needed to reopen the Armoury again.

There was also a thread called The Precious Metals and Coin Exchange, which had a Dwarf (or a pair) running it-- I don't recall their names. I put it together because roleplay writers were using ridiculous amounts of gold and mithril to pay for cheap items. They are precious metals, not nickles and dimes... and the price of 1 oz. of gold in the U.S. right now is about $427.-- a 1 oz. gold coin is NOT the coin you'd pay for an ale with!! Nor pay for a sword with a bagful of mithril! I was trying to add a bit of practicality to our Middle Earth world... I dunno if anyone listened. It's still saved back on the back page of the Forum, if anyone wants to read it.

Thanks to saving the old threads I've posted in, my post total is still over 2000 Back before there were posting limits, I used to post a lot! And they were decent posts, not 'quickie' one or two liners... but I was also posting in Forums other than the Roleplaying RT Forum then.

To any new, uninvolved readers: we're always looking for creative, dedicated writers to join us. I, for one, don't have the time to branch out to others' threads at this point. I'm writing a book...

So... that's my history lesson and post for the day. Wolf, get through your finals with great grades (and anyone else here, too) and hurry back to us while we're all still here to post. Unfortunately, our Leader must leave again for a while. Darn!

End OOC)) :love:
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2005 11:47
Countless white burning stars stare down from the endlessly clear deep night sky. A slight chill is nipping in the light breeze thats sweeping aside browning leaves that have fallen onto the not so well trodden path.

Something is coming. Something that was almost forgotten, forgotten almost by even it's self....

Keep watching... you can never be sure whats just around the corner
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 10, 2005 06:41
((OOC: Mith your back! **hugs**))

"Wolf..." Elruwen said "Would you care to continue your tale my friend?"
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: December 16, 2005 09:09
((OOC: Mith... Elruwen!!! Hello... sorry I haven't checked in more often. If you're back now, though, I'll start doing that!))

Elerrina sat up a little straighter, pulling her thoughts and attention back to the here-and-now. Wolf must have wandered off in thought, as well. "Yes, Wolf... please finish your story."
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2007 09:32
*enters and sits at the bar* i'll have one of your strongest drinks, thanks
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: February 05, 2007 10:51
This thread has been dead for two years and was scheduled for the archives. A one liner is not enough to keep it from being archived.

This thread is closed.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
<< First4142434445
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email