Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Osse
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Hey Washingtonians!
on: September 11, 2006 03:39
I'm from WA! Used to live right on the coast but now I live down in Vancouver area!

Any more Washingtonians?!

-Osse
Burzlondewen
Realm Head of Tulkas
Send Message
on: August 01, 2007 06:34
Ren Faire approaching!
rivendell19
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2007 09:24
Spokane!!!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2007 02:03
I went to Trilogy Tuesday in Spokane!

:love: WA state Ren Faire August 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20 in Gig Harbor. I will be at the 2nd and 3rd weekends. If you havent ever been there, you should come because it is soooooooo fun. Get to wander around in costume, listen to celtic music, watch jousting, and a bunch of other stuff.

Washington Renaissance Fantasy Faire

Yes, I agree! I was there on August 12 2006 & had a lovely time, and have to say in retrospect the best time was spending all my coin drinking ales at the upper Ale House with the troll under the bridge (R.I.P.). He seemed a great and happy guy even though he was sweating quite heavily in the heat with his costume on. He passed away about a month after the faire.

I understood '07 was the last year on the old Minter Farm site and they may have a site ten times bgger in '08 just north a few miles. I was hoping to go in '07 but too much was going on in life and I didn't have the dosh or the transport. I'll have to see if I'm in the state in '08.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Burzlondewen
Realm Head of Tulkas
Send Message
on: December 03, 2007 07:31
Yes, I agree! I was there on August 12 2006 & had a lovely time, and have to say in retrospect the best time was spending all my coin drinking ales at the upper Ale House with the troll under the bridge (R.I.P.). He seemed a great and happy guy even though he was sweating quite heavily in the heat with his costume on. He passed away about a month after the faire.

I understood '07 was the last year on the old Minter Farm site and they may have a site ten times bgger in '08 just north a few miles. I was hoping to go in '07 but too much was going on in life and I didn't have the dosh or the transport. I'll have to see if I'm in the state in '08.

Everyone at the faire missed the troll this year. They put up pictures of him next to the bridge as a memorial kind of thing. Umm yes this is the last year it was held at Minter Creek, well, considering that the deal goes through. The piece they are looking at is in Belfaire (hope i spelled that right) and my understanding is that it is about 20 minutes further south. It would be awesome if they get it because the faire is in dire need of more space.

[Edited on 4/12/2007 by Burzlondewen]
NessaEmerald
Realm Leader of Nessa
Send Message
on: January 03, 2008 10:51
YAY! I'm from Vancouver, Wa!! I've lived here my whole life, 16 years. Ya, I went to this LOTR fest that was in Oregon at this old school a couple years ago...
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2008 03:49
:cry: This is bad news concerning the Washington Renaissance Fantasy Faire. :cry:
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Burzlondewen
Realm Head of Tulkas
Send Message
on: July 19, 2008 08:31
:cry: This is bad news concerning the Washington Renaissance Fantasy Faire. :cry:

I was very dissapointed when I recieved the email stating that the faire is cancelled for this year. I was so excited to see the new location. Everyone scheduled those weekends off work a long time ago. I think we are going to head down to one in Oregon.
NessaEmerald
Realm Leader of Nessa
Send Message
on: December 24, 2008 09:50
Hey, any other Washintonians who are basically snowed in? THis is the most snow that we've had in 58 years, they say. We're going to have my first white Christmas!!
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2008 10:46
Yep, it's just starting to melt around here (puyallup). My cat's been hibernating (aka hiding) since the first snow came. The roads aren't too bad now, but the community streets are still white.

[Edited on 24/12/2008 by starofdunedain]
NessaEmerald
Realm Leader of Nessa
Send Message
on: December 26, 2008 02:35
Here in Vancouver/Camas its on the verge of getting really good or really bad. If the slush freezes tonight we'll have bad ice and if it doesn't then we're on our way, hopefully, to improving the conditions...
Emeraldstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2009 06:56
I'm from Washington! a bit south of Olympia.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2009 06:42
Just wondering, is there anyone around in the Puyallup area? Or close to it? Someone?
Chocolatequeen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2010 10:31
I'm absolutely dumbfounded to see so many people from Vancouver! Usually the Washington thread on a forum is full of people from Seattle or Spokane. So yes, add me to the list of Vancouverites.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2010 08:31
When I was in the states I had a job interview in Portland Oregon. Vancouver is where you live if you work in Portland or so I understand the tax reasons explained to me.

So the Renaissance Faire is in Buckley these days! It was quite hot the day I was there.
GeneralEggs
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2010 05:44
Anyone live in Northwestern Washington? That's where I live.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2010 01:58
I'm in the northwest!
Hurion
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Hey Washingtonians!
on: November 24, 2012 09:48
I lived in Federal Way, Washington until I was 9 years old
shellcor
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Hey Washingtonians!
on: December 10, 2012 03:59
Seattle FTW! I'm spending this lovely rainy day perusing all these forums.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Seattle is my hometown.
Golden_Leaves
Council Member
Send Message
I'm not originally from here, but I live in Granite Falls, as of a year and a half ago. I wouldn't give up this rain for anything, unless I'm walking around on-campus.
Image Image
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Granite Falls is a cool little town. Granted, I haven't been there since the late 70's, and so it probably has changed lots since then. Used to go up to the old gold mining ghost town of Monte Cristo and hike to Silver and Twin Lakes.
Ithilwen Tindomerel
Council Member
Send Message
I hail from Seattle as well. It's nice to see some Washingtonians here on CoE.
~ Member Of the Realm of Varda ~
Katiwasayan
Council Member
Send Message
Spokane here! Anything fun in town?
~Realm of Ulmo~
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Katiwasayan! Last time I was in Spokane was for 'Trilogy Tuesday' in December 2003. Enjoyed The Steam Plant and the Red Robin across from the mall entrance. Nice town Spokane.
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
I'm not from Washington, but I am currently living 8 miles from Pullman Washington (I'm on national student exchange). I would love to visit Seattle while I'm here, from the airplane it looked really interesting.
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Hope you got a chance to get to Seattle Estelanor! I'll be there in mid October for a week or so.

Wish I was in the area this weekend, or the next two weekends, as The Washington Midsummer Renissance Faire is going on in Buckley. Miss that faire.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email