Register

<< First910111213
Author Topic:
TheCrow
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Quenya Study Buddy
on: September 18, 2009 10:04
this "study buddy" thing looks kinda dead but if somebody's interested i'm currently at lesson 8 of the ardalambion's course...

EDIT: Paired up!

[Edited on 15/11/2009 by Malinornë]
openmeadow
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2009 05:37
Good idea for a study buddy system here... I'd love to work with someone!

English is my native tongue, and I have not yet started the workbook here, though I have done almost all of the lessons found in the Quetin i lambë eldaiva courses (http://www.phy.duke.edu/~trenk/elvish/index.html)

[Edited on 15/11/2009 by Malinornë]
TheCrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2009 09:11
Good idea for a study buddy system here... I'd love to work with someone!

English is my native tongue, and I have not yet started the workbook here, though I have done almost all of the lessons found in the Quetin i lambë eldaiva courses (http://www.phy.duke.edu/~trenk/elvish/index.html)

...i did Helge's course on Ardalambion and just started "Quetin i lambë eldaiva" (i think it's more up-to-date), haven't started the workbook either...if you want me i'd really like us to pair up because i don't have where to practice my Quenya and im starting to loose my enthusiasm for the language so working with someone would be really great...

p.s. english is not my native language but i don't mind using it
openmeadow
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2009 11:09
...i did Helge's course on Ardalambion and just started "Quetin i lambë eldaiva" (i think it's more up-to-date), haven't started the workbook either...if you want me i'd really like us to pair up because i don't have where to practice my Quenya and im starting to loose my enthusiasm for the language so working with someone would be really great...

I'd love to work on it together! I actually went and started the workbook today- other then memorizing a larger vocab (something I should have done anyways) it's really not that different from "Quetin". And, even better yet- I know where my 'quenya' notebook is now, so let's work on this thing together! (Conversations with another person are so much better then on your own, aren't they?)
TheCrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2009 08:54

I'd love to work on it together! I actually went and started the workbook today- other then memorizing a larger vocab (something I should have done anyways) it's really not that different from "Quetin". And, even better yet- I know where my 'quenya' notebook is now, so let's work on this thing together! (Conversations with another person are so much better then on your own, aren't they?)

ok, then i'll start the workbook too...but how would you like us to do this - should we use emails, PMs, skype?

p.s. yah, it's definitely much better when you have somebody to talk to and use the language.

[Edited on 6/11/2009 by TheCrow]
openmeadow
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2009 10:25
I vote that we either use PM's or the chat system here (unless, are you on deviantArt by any chance? If so, that's an option...)
Malinornë
FAQ Admin, Quenya Moderator & Eldameldë
Send Message
on: November 15, 2009 10:50
Hey guys, it's great that you've found each other I've edited your original posts to remind myself (and others) that you have a study buddy now.
BeautifulSurrender
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2009 11:02
I just started, and I would like a study buddy.

Language: English
Lesson: 1

I would prefer to go along with someone at the same place as me. I'm willing to do 1-2 lessons per week depending my school schedule and the up coming holiday(s)

Edit: Paired up!

[Edited on 12/12/2009 by Malinornë]
Thimsnire
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2009 05:39
I just started Quenya and am looking for a study buddy.

I have msn

Language: English (Canadian)
Lesson: 1-2ish

Edit: Paired up!

[Edited on 12/12/2009 by Malinornë]
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2009 01:15
What a great idea!
I'm looking for a study buddy

Language : English (or Portuguese, but I reckon it's not needed)
Level : I'm in 2nd lesson, but it's okay to begin from the begining

I've got msn if needed.
openmeadow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2010 11:31
I've finished lesson 14, but my studybudy decided to take a break from quenya so I'm open. I'm more then willing to work with someone on an earlier lesson.

EDIT: Still available for those who are very serious about learning Quenya. (Mal)

[Edited on 11/9/2010 by Malinornë]

[Edited on 19/9/2010 by Malinornë]
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2010 11:59
I am willing to be a Quenya study buddy.
I can teach a student in either English or French.

EDIT: Still available? (Mal)

Eantylië
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2010 04:37
Hello I'd need someone to study with, I'm a beginner but I have time to kill and am very eager to learn Quenya.

I have msn and shouldn't have any big problems with English (I'm Swedish)

EDIT: Did get some replies, but more never hurts (Mal)

[Edited on 19/9/2010 by Malinornë]
openmeadow
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2010 04:45
Elarin and Eantylie,

I'd be glad to work with you both! However, I must warn you that I am attempting ScriptFrenzy this year, so at times I might be a tad slow. I don't want to loose the Quenya I've already learned, so do PM if you want to work together! (MSN/ICQ are both options for discussion)
Charodian
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2010 10:40
Hello,

I'm quite new, just studying Quenya for a week - I've just finished lesson 10. My question might sound stupid, but what exactly is a "study buddy"? How will this work?

My tative language is German, but English will be fine as well.

Greetings from
Charodian
Malinornë
Send Message
on: May 02, 2010 04:29
Charodian, the idea with the study buddies is to help pair up people who'd like to study Quenya together with another student, just for something more personal than the general, public discussions in the forum.

Study buddies decide themselvs what to do - examples I know people have been doing is helping each other with lessons and exercises (often people have problems with different things), translating poetry and discussing those translations, playing Scrabble in Quenya, putting together extra exercises and/or vocabulary lists for each other, role playing in Quenya, chatting or writing e-mails to each other in Quenya.
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2010 04:18
I am a beginner at Quenya and would like a study buddy. I am starting lesson one in just a few minutes.

My native language is English (US) and one of my biggest obstacles that I can probably already foresee is that I have pronunciation difficulty (especially with being partially deaf and all even with all the speech therapy I had growing up I know there will be some complications).

Also, I do like poetry and do hope to eventually be able to write poetry in Quenya.

[Edited on 2/6/2010 by BrianStacy]
Eantylië
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2010 04:40
¨Hi brian, I haven't really got far with my lessons yet and i'm no teacher... but i'f you'd like to write with someone in Quenya I should be logged in on msn or something pretty much anytime
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2010 04:49
That would be cool, Eantylië. Just sent you a PM.
CableDog
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2010 11:41
Aiya Essenya Eros. Could really use a language buddy.

Mother Tongue: English
Level: Lesson 5

Also to whomever wanted to buddy up with me, I could give my phone number for texting or calling. *Is admittedly REALLY serious about learning Quenya*

Naruvir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2010 02:26
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for someone willing to guide me or co-study Quenya with me!

I have studied Sindarin for over six months and have come to the point when I feel ready to embrace a second language.

Language: English (Swedish native)
Level: Beginner!

ElfDict.com - an extensive dictionary dedicated to the languages of Middle Earth!
Vanwa_Meleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2010 09:56
Hi, I'm Mel, I'm a beginner to Quenya. I have started Sindarin, but would also like to learn Quenya.

Edit:ElpinoineIndyocarnil and I are paired up.

[Edited on 5/1/2011 by Vanwa_Meleth]
wvDeafBri
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2010 05:09
I am a beginner at Quenya. My native tongue is English.

I have just finished Lesson 2. It would be nice to have a study buddy.

[Edited on 30/12/2010 by Malinornë]
Atanvardo
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2010 09:26
Hey! I would take a study buddy please! I know very little quenya (just started last week) Like I said, I know very little, I only did the first lesson so far, but I can speak teeny little things like "elen sila lumenna omentielvo. Ma manen natye?" (a star shines upon the hour of hour meeting. How are you?) But, I really do not know any more. Nanye ume mara. (I am not good). I switched over to this course, and am working on the vocabulary of lesson 1.

If anyone wants to be my study buddy, send me a message!! Thanks!!

Oh, and I speak english, and live in the states

EDIT: I have a buddy.

[Edited on 30/12/2010 by Malinornë]
ElpinoineIndyocarnil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2010 08:45
Mara áure!
I'm a Lord of the Rings nerd!(: And I'm trying to learn Quenya, but I can't really seem to get started and keep it up. So as a study buddy, I want someone who can help me with the language itself and who is dedicated enough that I won't be able to "forget" about studying.(;
I have a Skype and Yahoo messenger and email.
Thanks a lot!

[Edited on 28/12/2010 by ElpinoineIndyocarnil]
ElpinoineIndyocarnil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2010 06:24
Hi, I'm Mel, I'm a beginner to Quenya. I have started Sindarin, but would also like to learn Quenya.

Hi! I saw your post and wondered if you would like to be study buddies. I'm just starting Quenya, and I also love horses, crafting, and noveling, so if you want to be buddies, let me know. Thanks!!
Amdeere
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2011 11:57
hello everyone my elvish name is Amdeere and I am trying to learn elvish! I would love to have a study buddy to learn and cope with, so if anyone wants to be my study buddy please pm me! I am on lesson 3 and am the type of person that takes the time to master the lesson before moving on. Please only pm me if you are usually online, because i was recently paired up with someone who's never online. I live in the central time zone, and i am male. I would love to hear a reply!
RenFaire
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2011 01:36
Amdeere, If you don't have a buddy, I'll gladly help you out. I also am on lesson 3, if that's ok. And I'm not sure about my time zone, but I'll PM you.
MithrandirSPQR
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2011 05:15
I am on lesson 4 (and counting) and I would like a study budy.

Update:I am now on lesson 10 and I would prefer a more experienced Quenya student, as I have a few questions. Thanks.

[Edited on 15/3/2011 by MithrandirSPQR]
Pallyup
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2011 05:11
I have just started learning Quenya. I would also like a study buddy leave me a message.

[Edited on 23/3/2011 by Malinornë]
laurenf89
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2011 01:59
I would like a study-buddy. I'm just about to start the first lesson, although I did try to learn Quenya a few years ago, I'm going to take it more seriously this time!

[Edited on 23/3/2011 by Malinornë]
Malinornë
Send Message
on: March 19, 2011 11:39
Do I understand you correctly, that you've rushed through six lessons in one day? If so, I really would advise you to go slower, and make sure you understand (and memorize) the grammar of one lesson before you move on to the next.

If you have questions, you're always welcome to ask them in the Quenya discussion forum. You can also ask questions to the workbook moderators when you submit your exercise answers.

This is not to say it wouldn't be good to have a buddy as well, just to tell you that you don't need to wait for a buddy in order to ask the questions you have.

I am on lesson 4 (and counting) and I would like a study budy.

Update:I am now on lesson 10 and I would prefer a more experienced Quenya student, as I have a few questions. Thanks.

[Edited on 15/3/2011 by MithrandirSPQR]
Etose
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2011 10:53
I just started and I want to be able to speak Quenya fluently so I think it would be helpful to have a study buddy!

Language: English (Canadian)
Learning: Quenya
Level: on lesson one

[Edited on 2/4/2011 by Malinornë]
carico2knight
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2011 02:01
Iam a beginner in Quenya and I need a great deal of help.

[Edited on 2/4/2011 by Malinornë]
Buber1234
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2011 06:55
I would like a buddy! I'd be happy to be buddy's with you Faerlaen!!

(has a buddy)

[Edited on 8/4/2011 by Buber1234]
<< First910111213
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email