Author Topic:
owlhunter21
Council Member
Send Message
PLEASE HELP ANYONE
owlhunter21
Council Member
Send Message
owlhunter21 said:When I try to do the excel isles it tells me that it can't find it and to look it up. I've tried everything that people have said to do but it's not working. Please HELP!!!

i just need help
owlhunter21
Council Member
Send Message
exercises
Malinornë
FAQ Admin, Quenya Moderator & Eldameldë
Send Message
The exercises for the workbook are found at the bottom of each lesson. So, if you want to start with the Quenya workbook, this is how:
1) Click Language workbooks (in Languages of Middle-Earth) in the main menu
2) Click Quenya Workbook
3) Click "01 Pronunciation"
4) Click the exercise you want to do (links under the heading "Related Exercises". In most cases there are two exercises for each lesson, with link names like "Lesson One" and "Lesson One #2"

The links are working, so please try again, using these steps.
Malinornë
Send Message
Workbook updates coming soon

The Quenya workbook was originally set up in 2003, closely following Helge Fauskanger's classical Quenya Course on Ardalambion, but with other vocabulary and very short lessons (intended as a repeater course rather than a stand-alone one).

Since then, new material on Quenya has been published, as reflected in the Quenya wordlists at Ardalambion, but not in the Quenya Course, and thus not in this workbook either.

Until now Starting in November, the Quenya workbook will be updated with things like the use of um-, comparatives, plural 'you' and other pronouns. Most of the content will remain the same.

We (dirk_math and I) will also take the opportunity to introduce two other, more visible changes:
- the dual, which is not often required in Neo-Quenya compositions, will switch places with the partitive plural and thus be introduced later in the lessons
- each workbook lesson will include a short lesson on Quenya Tengwar, written by dirk_math

The Tengwar lessons will be added starting this weekend - all other updates will start from next weekend, to give everyone a chance to save the old lessons if you've started them and prefer to finish with the same grammar. Exercise answers will be considered correct regardless of whether you use the original exercises or the updated ones.

Malinornë
Send Message
Update on the updates: Tengwar lessons and exercises have now been added to workbook lesson 1-10. More updates next weekend!
Malinornë
Send Message
I'm sorry for the lack of more Tengwar updates. Technical issues have arisen and rignt now I can't add images in the way required to display them in the workbook. Hopefully this situation can be resolved, and in the meantime I'll start implementing the grammar updates mentioned above.
Malinornë
Send Message
Workbook updates done
The grammar updates have now been made. If you have started the Quenya workbook lessons but not completed them, please take the time to review the earlier lessons before you proceed to the next lesson.

The image issue has, unfortunately, not been resolved yet. Until that happens, I can send you the Tengwar lessons as PDFs if you PM me with your e-mail address.
MiraSkyfury
Council Member
Send Message
I need help! In the first exercise it tells me to fill in the missing words. Does it want me to put that in the box below? Or what? I'm really confused! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
“Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.”
Malinornë
Send Message
Yes, your answers go in the box. When you're done, tick the little box and then the "Submit" button.
Malinornë
Send Message
I'm happy to announce that the Tengwar lessons and excercises and in the workbook are now complete
Alasse Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Workbook Issue
on: March 05, 2023 08:22
Greetings!
I have now reached lesson 15 in the Quenya workbook. I am certainly appreciating the workbook, as there are not very many other resources, and it is planned and laid out quite well. However, to get the point, as of yet no one has checked my completed lessons, and it has been several weeks. Is that to be expected? Or perhaps the person in charge of that task is on leave? I am beginning to fear that perhaps it is because the site is dying. I hope not. Then again, there might be a glitch of some sort. Well, there it is. Thank you and goodbye!
Tengwestiendil
Council Member
Send Message
Hopefully we will revive it!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email