Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
haldir_of_lorien
King of the Dead
Send Message
Post RE: Realm FAQ
on: May 13, 2004 02:39
You go to the main Realms page here, then you go and look at a Realm that you would like to join and click the little "Join Realm" button. That's all there is to it.

~Haldir
IsildursHeir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2004 01:42
I'm sorry I haven't read much of this forum, but what do you do together in a Realm?
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: May 19, 2004 02:57
Well that depends on what realm you join. Different realms have different attributes Realms, basically are a mini-community. If you need help take the quiz or ask the realm heads/leaders what they do/discuss in their realm.
IsildursHeir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2004 05:20
Thanks Lady~Eowyn!
legolasgurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2004 03:32
The answer is probably right in front of my nose but... HOW do I join?!?! That is a stupid ques. but I don't know!
Gimli_and_Gollum
Superdwarf
Send Message
on: August 01, 2004 03:47
Alright, well it's quite simple. On the main menu, mouse over Community. Then click on realms. Once your on the realms page, click the realm you wish to join. There page will load, and then you will see tabs that say News, Charter, Info, and one will say Join. Hope this helps.
legolasgurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 12:46
Thanx, Gimli_and_Gollum! I'll try it!
orthanc5
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 12:52
Can someone tell me the ratio of user points to realm points? How many realm points do one user point earn?
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 01:23
The amount of points you as a user are given is divided with the number of memebers you are in the realm -the result of this division is the points given to your realm.... *has an inkling of an idea this is all just mushy ramble*
orthanc5
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 07, 2005 03:03
No no no, not mushy ramble. I get it, thanks!
Lady_of_the_elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 10:30
How do I put my realm symbol into my signature? Better yet, how do I do anything at all with my signature? :cry: I'm confused!
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 01:22
You should be able to change your signature by vclicking at the MY ACCOUNT option at the top of this board and then go to CHANGE MY INFO (or something like that) -if you scroll down you'll see a blank box where you can write your sig, as for the Realm insignia, well these are found at each of the realms' realm sites -to be more exact, in the charter... As I don't know which realm you belong to, I can't direct you to the exact charter, but if you go here you should find the list of realms and then go to the realm charter of the specific realm.... I hope this was of any help, if not.... Errrrr..... then I'll try to explain myself better
Manuialel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 03:14
I was wondering, what if we have likes, but the likes are listed in different realms?

I am not new, I have been a member for a year, but I have been busy, so I guess I am new.

Oh, haldir_of_lorien, its good to see another sluggy freelance fan.
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 07:34
I was wondering, what if we have likes, but the likes are listed in different realms?

You'll have to go with whatever realm goes with the most of your interests the best.
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 10:17
And if you're very much in doubt you could always PM the leaders or heads from the different realms to hear who have activities that appeal to you the most
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 07:34
I have a question: i know that you can change your realm after 3 months, but is it possible to quit the whole realm thing after you've joined, or do you have to be in a realm "your whole lifetime"?
thanks!
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 08:04
It is quite possible; you'll just have to ask the Realm Head to remove you from the memberlist, but not join any other realm after that. (If you only want to change realm after three months, you don't have to contact the Realm Head, just go ahead and join the new realm.)
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 04:04
thanks Morwinyoniel!
Nienna_green
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 20, 2005 01:41
Hello everyone. I am new. I have a question. I tried to join one of the realms but my computer keeps freezing on me. Am I doing anything wrong~ maybe pushing a wrong button?! Please reply. Because the realms sound like an interesting place and I would like to participate in its forums.
~ Nàmarië, na aurelya nauva màra!
Nienna

[Edited on 20/10/2005 by Nienna_green]
ImageImage A carë tittë nati alta melmen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2005 03:39
Welcome to the realms Nienna_green!

You'll probably want to check first to make sure you haven't actually joined the realm yet. If you have, you'll see the realm forum listed just underneath this one on the main board. You can also check the realm member list to see if your name is listed.

Other than that- joining a realm simply involves clicking "Join this realm". Hope this helps!
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: October 21, 2005 07:22
I tried to join one of the realms but my computer keeps freezing on me.

It might be a browser or computer specific issue, not necessairly a site one. If you don't have any spyware/adware protection, you might want to get some and clean your computer up. My computer kept freezing on me too and it was all because I had loads of spyware on my computer.
Nienna_green
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 21, 2005 11:32
Hello Fealome and Lady Arwen! Thanks! I will try both suggestions. I really am interested in the realms and joining the forums and its many activities. I hope I can get my computer to stop acting so silly! Well, that's it.
~Nàmarië, Nai aurelya nauva màra!
Nienna
ImageImage A carë tittë nati alta melmen
Legolas_Expert_Archer
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 03:58
I am wondering if i join a realm if i am limited to content on other areas of the CoE?

I Melain berio le
Elioclya
Lady of Ithilien
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 10:59
Not at all, the only thing that changes is that you have access to your realm's subforum
FellowShipFriend
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2006 11:17
Hi !!!

I have done the Realmtest but when i looked at some of the top ones it seems nothing is happening anymore after 2004.
Are there any active ones that i can join???
Irene
Ninjoo
Craziness' Spiritual Caretaker
Send Message
on: October 28, 2006 11:40
As far as I can see it, the most active ones are probably Nessa, Nienna, Ulmo, Vairë, Varda and Yavanna, though I'm only sure about Nienna, Ulmo and Varda.

What was the result of your test? You can always take it again and see which one of these pretty active ones suits you best, and/or ask some of their members or their leaders.

If you have any difficulty deciding, you can always tell us some of your interests in this thread, and we can all come up with a suitable realm for you together.
Nenluinil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2008 09:04
Hello, can you tell me how to join the realm of Vaire.
Nenluinil
Gumawerian
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2008 11:33
On the Main Menu on the left of your screen, click on "Community", then "Realms". Click on the Realm of Vairë the Weaver, then click Join! It's as simple as that. Good luck and have fun in the wonderful world of Realms!
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: December 21, 2008 05:13
Hey, just wanted to ask the Nienna mods whether they have been making an inactive member purge lately or something.. My little sis got somewhat upset at discovering she has been removed from Nienna after about 1 month of inactivity (ie November). She's in Vairë now, but asked me to ask whether it was some sort of mistake or whether there are maybe tougher rules for member activity in Nienna than in other realms... Thx for reply.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2008 07:27
Hi Noleme

I did do a clear out of inactive members, but I only delete those members who haven't been active for over six months. It could have been a glitch that caused your sister to be deleted. You haven't mentioned what her username is.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: December 21, 2008 01:40
Must have been a glitch, my sis - morifinwë- only joined in Sept. I think she never got a roll call PM to make an I'm-still-here appearance in the realm I'll tell her, she'll be happy to learn she'll have the option to return later on. Still whining on about how she liked the Games in Nienna, the ungrateful thing

[Edited on 22/12/2008 by ~nólemë~]
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2008 07:35
Morifiwine will be welcomed back with open arms, noleme, and apologies again for the mishap.
lothlorien_is_heaven
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2010 03:35
hello I'm new
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 22, 2010 03:46
Hello! Did you check out the newbie section or are you looking for a realm?

If you're looking for a realm,I'd suggest taking the "Which Realm" test,and then browsing the realm homepages and see what realm seems to be the best fit for you.

Which one you join is completely up to you,though.
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2010 04:11
Hi. Here's a question for you... When you join a Realm, are you obligated to, like, advertise for that Realm or something? I keep seeing people with flashy-things that say "Realm of Varda" and stuff, but I don't even know what "keeperships" are! (Plus, if there were a keepership open involving hobbits, I would be most interested to learn about it...)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email