on: March 25, 2004 01:57
Thank you very much you two!
That helped a lot! *is all happy and giddy*
Morlothwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Which realm should I join?
on: April 16, 2004 01:28
Gaerless, I would like to help you out alittle. Now, about your questions, I'll try and answer them in the best way I am able. What would you be responsible for when you join a Realm? Well, different people have varying opinions on that question, but these are a few of mine. I think that you are responsible to be an active member in the Realm, and to support it, help it grow, etc. What would you do with the other members? Hopefully, you will find common grounds with them and try to become better friends. Another thing you might do with the members are compose songs or poems, write stories or do RP's, its really what you and the members like to do. Your final question was, How are the Realms that different? One of the major differences between the Realms are interests. That is basically how you know where you belong. Also, some Realms are not active while others are, etc. You could probably build on from there. But, if you have any more questions I would be more than willing to answer them.
ElenAlasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 01:55
To anyone who is wanting to join a realm, I would suggest that you follow your gut feeling. Which Realm has the same interest as you? Do you prefer a smaller realm or a larger realm? And like they said above...numbers may fool you, some Realmers don't post as often as others. And if you don't like making decisions, ask your peers and I'm sure they'd be happy to help. (Just a piece of advice, that's what I had to do when choosing a realm, and I Hate making decisions...I can't even choose what my fav. food is...
Morlothwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 01:11
If you are looking for advice on joining a Realm, than I have a really good suggestion. PM the Head Leader and the Realm Leaders of that certain Realm. Ask them questions about the Realm such as: Is the Realm an active one? and so on. You can also give them a description of yourself and your interests, and see if you fit in with the group. Also, I would recommend getting to know the Leaders. To get an ideal what they are like and if you like they way they do things. I think that would really help some of you guys out. And that way, even if you are down to a couple of Realms, you can get a good ideal about what the Realm itself is like. So, I definitely recommend doing this. I hope I helped some of you out!
Gimli_and_Gollum
Superdwarf
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 01:31
That is great advice Morlothwen. I'm surprised more people don't think of that.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 02:10
shameless advertising:

join the Realm of Nienna!! everyone is welcome there!
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 03:09
shameless advertising:

join the Realm of Nienna!! everyone is welcome there!

Lol haha, nice. Gaerless, tell us about yourself, it might help us point you in a good direction.
Náredhil
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 03:53
Yes Gaerless, please tell us about you, you might get a better idea where to head. If you want, like Morlothwen said, you can PM me. I'm the Head of Aulë and i'd be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have at this point. Remember The Realm of Aulë is wecome to anybody not just artist peoples.
Heather_lotrfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 08:58
I have no interest in fan fiction or role playing. I like to discuss the cast of the movies, and really the movies in general. I like to talk about the philosophical aspects of the book. I like learning about the characters, especially hobbits. I like to "discuss" and enjoy quick replies to my topics. What realm is best for me?
Nauma
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 09:38
Well... the Discuss the Movies forum is what comes to mind. In my Realm, and in most Realms from what I can tell, the topics aren't necessarily Tolkien-related. Yavanna tends to talk about music, cooking, and gardening, for example. It might be easier to suggest a Realm for you if you tell us about what interests you have outside of Tolkien's work.
Heather_lotrfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 09:50
Oh! Okay! Well I like movies, reading, exercising especially yoga and dancing, hiking, reality tv, politics, and current events. I like nature, but hate gardening. I like to "read" poetry. I am not very athletic. I love my friends and spending time with them, but at the end of the day I just want to be alone with my thoughts. Does that help?
Vaulrir
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 01:47
Hi everyone. Realm of Ulmo seems to have little representation here so i am gonna do my little speech on behalf of the realm.

Though one of the smaller realms there is a warm friendly atmosphere at all times. Most people know everyone else by name and we have all sorts of bonding activities such as games and chats.

Since i joined the realm a year ago i have been made to feel most welcome and have many great new friends.

Our leader Veaglarwen personally makes sure everyone is clued up on all the activities.

Although i know all the realms have this i can assure you if you join the realm of Ulmo you will never leave. We won't let you.....
Gimli_and_Gollum
Superdwarf
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 01:55
Manwe is also another small realm where you get to know the other members quite well. We have a few rpg's going on, so if you are interested, this might be a place to go. Manwe is also a participant in the new site Council of Entwives. We are a bright, goofy group always ready for some fun.
Morlothwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 09:24
Heather_lotrfan, have you ever taken the quiz? If not you should. Take the quiz a few times (such as three times or so), and see what the top 3 Realms are each time you take it. List your top 3 Realms on a piece of paper. After that, I recommend that you speak to the Leaders of those Realms. The Realm you like best, you join of course.
Heather_lotrfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 12:14
You've all been so helpful. Thank you. I am leaning toward Este or Lorien, but haven't made up my mind yet. I am going to think about it for a week or so before I make a decision. I don't want to be stuck somewhere for 3 months, if I'm not completely sure I want to be there. I like to get actively involved!
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 12:16
Oh! Okay! Well I like movies, reading, exercising especially yoga and dancing, hiking, reality tv, politics, and current events. I like nature, but hate gardening. I like to "read" poetry. I am not very athletic. I love my friends and spending time with them, but at the end of the day I just want to be alone with my thoughts. Does that help?

Hmm maybe the Realm of Varda? If you like poetry you could give feedback, we love poetry. Or the Realm of Nessa since you like dancing. But what you really need to ask yourself (sicne you like so many things) is what is your greatest love or passion? The stars? Gardening? Dancing?
atalante_star
Scholar of Imladris and Theodens Lady
Send Message
on: April 20, 2004 12:01
I could promote my own wonderful realm - Nienna

We have a lot of nature threads (but absolutely no gardening lol) and poetry - a lot of the realm members are wonderful poets. And Nienna is a Valar of solitude, of quiet contemplation of the world around her.
Náredhil
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2004 12:51
then i guess i'll just have to promote my own realm atalante, haha.

I'm the Head of Aulë. The members in the Realm of Aulë are reknown for their imaginative creativity, exciting RP's, boundless artistic skills (Aulë being the Vala of creativity and smithwork) having a good laugh or two with humorous paradies, and a trait that Aulites hold in high regards is generosity, so you know you'll always have a friend or two even from the moment you join, even if its just me
Heather_lotrfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2004 12:04
This helps a lot. If I decide to choose your realm you'll see why. I like to get really involved so it is really important to me that I make a good decision.
Heather_lotrfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2004 12:15
Be totally honest though. Are there really that many differences among all the realms?
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: April 20, 2004 12:31
I would have to say so. We all have different passion/loves. We do usually discuss our loves, joys, etc.
Heather_lotrfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2004 12:44
I need a realm that has a lot of things going on! But I like small groups.

I think I finally "get it" though. For a while I was confused about what a realm was but after looking around and talking to some people I've figured out that they are kind of like sorority/fraternity groups.
Heather_lotrfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2004 12:55
I'll be sending a PM to all the Realm Heads over the next couple of days to find out more information. I have lots of questions. I'd like to find out what kinds of topics each realm discusses and what kind of activities they have going on. I'm also curious to know the activity level of each realm. I'm excited! I think this is a great board, everyone is so nice and helpful, and I can see myself staying for a long time and making great contributions. Everyone is so patient with my questions and I feel like there is a real family atmosphere. Now that I get it, I think the whole realm concept is great.
tsproffitt
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 20, 2004 01:39
I need a realm that has a lot of things going on! But I like small groups.

Well if youre looking for a realm like that i'd reccomend Ulmo We are really a great group, we've got alot going on and are always looking for great new members to join us! Alot of us here in Ulmo have formed great friendships with one another, hope to see you there!
ElenAlasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2004 02:19
Trying to sneak up on us eh?? Vana is also a smaller Realm. Which I'm sure makes your quest to find your realm so much easier.
Heather_lotrfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2004 03:31
ElenAlasse, you just made my decision even harder. I wasn't considering Vana at all, but your your sense of humor makes me reconsider.
ElenAlasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 03:36
awwww, I'm sorry!! :cry:
Morlothwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 08:25
I must speak on behalf of the Realm of Nessa! The Realm of Nessa is currently all girls, and we are very proud of that!
We are one of the smaller Realms to be sure, but we are all great friends! Mostly, we like to joke around and get in a few laughs. But, we are planning to do more Realm activites together. We are pretty much into everything, isn't that weird? We love poetry, music, and dancing to name a few. I hope I'm making it alittle easier for you? But, I don't know if I am! lol! *sings 'Jingle Bells' at the top of her lungs*
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 10:51
Nienna is a really great realm. pretty soon, you get to know everyones quirks and stuff, cuz we have a small active member group. we also have nature, music, writing, poetry, and other threads. really funners!!!
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 22, 2004 11:01
Yeah, Nienna is great! I love this realm, everyone is soo friendly there, and we have lots of activities, games, music+art threads and a completely crazy Pub
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2004 02:29
oh yes, you can't forget the Pub!!! the insanity rocks, right Sindae?!:evil:
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 11:41
Yuo it does I haven't been in there for quite some time, so I don't know what's going on there right now, but I liked it when I still visited it frequently
Heather_lotrfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 12:09
Well, I have it down to three. Mandos, because I like the humorous side of life. Nienna, because that is my highest score every time I take the quiz and the realm head has been so nice and helpful to me. And Yavanna, because I share a lot their interests and their members are friendly. This is sooooo difficult.
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 12:26
Just a reminder Heather, that if you find you want to change realms for whatever reason you can do so in three months and with the way time flies these days, three months isn't that long at all. :love:
Heather_lotrfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 01:00
I've decided on Nienna!
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email