Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
longbe4thesun
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Which realm should I join?
on: March 01, 2005 10:50
Join Ulmo. We have many writers in our realm.
Manuialel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2005 11:31
Ok, let me try this again. here is a list of what I like

Reading (Austen, Woolf, Bronte. Yates, Wilde, Doyle, Zhan, Stackpole, &c.)
Computers (Photoshop, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, ROBOHelp, Quark Xpress, Macromedia Director, Basic HTML)
Dancing (East Coast Swing, Cha-Cha and Waltz)
Music (Trans-Siberian Orch, Boyz II Men, K-Ci & JoJo, Phantom of the Opera, Nelly, OutKast, Lord of the Rings, &c.)
Movies (Star Wars, Phantom of the Opera, Lord of the Rings, Men In Black I & II, Sky Captain, Ray)
Anime (Gundam Wing, DB/DBZ/DBGT, Cowboy Bebop, Big O, Vampire Hunter D)
TV (Who's Line, American Chopper, Monster Garage, CSI, Smallville, Farscape)
Writing (Not very good at it. I need a lot of work on this part)
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 05:34
Hey all! I am thinking of joining a new realm, as I don't feel happy in my current one. I find that the quiz doesn't usually help me decide, so are there any suggestions to which one I should join? Here is a brief summary of myself...

I am very artistic and love to draw, paint and make.
I also love ceative writing (and roleplay fourms), and write many stories.
I like acting too and drama, and spend alot of time in the theatre.
I love singing and music in general, as well as movies.
I love animals and the outdoors.
As well as stargazing and horseriding,
plus I write poetry,
and I like history, myths, and legends.
I am facsinated by dragons,
I also enjoy dancing,
and am generly very creative.
This is why I am stuck to which realm would be best for me to join.

It would be great if you could help me out! Thanks!
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 07:16
Hey Aerhíril! Here are some hints! I'm not going to suggest Aulë, I can see from your sig that you're in Aulë now (or am I mixing up the Realm insignias?).
Lemme see...

I am very artistic and love to draw, paint and make. Yavanna, Varda, Vána, Vairë
I also love ceative writing (and roleplay fourms), and write many stories.
I like acting too and drama, and spend alot of time in the theatre. *uhmmm* Yavanna?
I love singing and music Yavanna, Varda in general, as well as movies.
I love animals and the outdoors. Oromë, Vána, Yavanna
As well as stargazing Varda, Estë and horseriding,Oromë
plus I write poetry, Varda
and I like history, myths, and legends.Vairë
I am facsinated by dragons,
I also enjoy dancing,Nessa
and am generly very creative. Yavanna, Vána

You know, I think you'd fit into most of the Realms.
Btw, you were a Varda member once, right?

[Edited on 14/3/2005 by Celedë_Anthaas]
elenluin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 10:28
Hey! It could be that you'd like Ulmo as well We are creative people, with lots of writers among our members. We love poetry as well as stories (we have threads for them and we have our own rpg )
Many of us are playing a musical instrument so we do like music! Off course, the choice is all yours, but you're always welcome in Ulmo
And the night shall be filled with music, And the cares, that infest the day,Shall fold their tents, like the Arabs,And as silently steal away. (HW Longfellow)
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 04:26
Aerhíril I think Celedë's suggestions fit fairly well, only I'm afraid we're not very artistic in Vairë (maybe we'd like to be, but it's not one of our focus areas)....

Manuialel, we'd love to help out on this but what would really help us more in coming with suggestions would be if you could somehow come with general traits and likes instead of mentioning specific films and music etc... However as it is now I'd say that for dancing Nessa would be a good choice -as well as for the music....
I believe quite a few of the realms enjoy reading -in Vairë at least this is an activity most of us hold very dear... I hope this was of any help, however little -still, if you could come up with more things it'd make it easier:disco::rolling:
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 06:32
Thank you! That has helped alot, and yes I was once a member of Varda. I have to say I did love that realm. But that's 5 Yavanna and four Varda... and three for Vána. I think I will check those three out as well as Ulmo. Thank you so much!
Fëathoron
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 07:44
Hello! I'm here to talk about the realm of Manwe (for those who are undecided). We are a very small realm and so you truly get to know everyone! We make friends very fast. We love playing (and inventing) games. We are famous (or as famous as such a small realm can be...) for our action thread (a thread that you can only post in *actions*; ours is over 10 pages long and growing!) and our "Manwe's Middle-Earth" in which you take on your favorite race and grow a community (it's like the cross between Age of Empires/Age of Myhology/Battle for Midde-Earth and an RPG). Very fun. We are very random... So if you want a small group of friends that you can have fun with, join MANWE!!! *w00t*
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 11:08
I really want to join a Realm, I just can't decide which one! When I took the test, Oromë came out first. But I also like Vána a lot!
Maybe you have some suggestions:

I like climbling and hiking.

I love listening to music, but can't play an instrument.

I love designing and drawing.

I'm very observant, optimistic and calm.

I do very well at school, I love learining about ancient civilisations.

I love animals, and my favorite colours are green and blue.

Ideas anyone? :dizzy:
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 04:35
I'd suggest:
I like climbling and hiking.Oromë, Tulkas

I love listening to music, but can't play an instrument.Yavanna..? Ulmo...?

I love designing and drawing.Aulë, Yavanna, Varda, Vána

I'm very observant, optimistic and calm.Vána, Varda, Yavanna, Manwë, any others...?

I do very well at school, I love learining about ancient civilisations.Vairë

I love animals,Vána, Oromë, Yavanna and my favorite colours are green and blue.

If you can't choose between Oromë and Vána, maybe you should PM the Realm leaders to ask what sort of activities they have Have fun in your Realm!
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 07:41
I want to join a Realm too, but I can't really decide I used to think that I would join the Realm of Varda one day, but now I'm having some doubts. Every time I took the test (I have done it once in awhile the last couple of months) Varda came out first and she is my favourite Valar, but I like the Realm of Vána and the Realm of Ulmo too. Besides, I'd rather join a small (or average) Realm, and Varda is so huge

Here are my interests/character traits;

I love writing stories and poetry;
I like to sing and to dance (although I'm not really good at either of theme )
I love horseback riding;
I like to act;
I like languages
I love myths and ancient cultures (I like to learn about every culture actually )
I like to hang out with a lot of friends, but I also enjoy being alone;
I love nature, especially the sky (I'm in love with the moon and the stars :love: )
I'm usually very optimistic and I laugh a lot, but I can also be very calm and quiet;
I like to help people out if I can;
I love animals;
I hate war and any other kind of violence, I'm very tolerant and I wish everybody could respect each other but unfortunately that's never going to happen

So... any suggestions? Right now I'm thinking of joining Vána, but I'm still not sure.

[Edited on 1/4/2005 by ~Mirilien~Undómiel~]
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 07:52
Your optimistic nature would go very good well with Vána, but then again you are a many-sided person, just like me!

But seeing as how you could use some unprejudiced advice right now, I won't recommend anything.

I do have a suggestion/tip, though. You could PM both Realm Heads to ask about their Realm and what they do and stuff. Maybe that'll help.
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 08:39
I love writing stories and poetry -- Varda
I like to sing and to dance (although I'm not really good at either of theme -- Nessa and Ulmo
I love nature, especially the sky (I'm in love with the moon and the stars -- Yavanna, Este, Varda, and Lorien

Besides, I'd rather join a small (or average) Realm, and Varda is so huge

Don't let the huge member list fool you! Not everyone who is a member of a realm participates. Some realms are a bit bigger than others, but that doesn't mean that you'll be overshadowed or lost amongst the group.

Yavanna, Nessa, and Vana have always seemed like the cheery and optomistic realms. The stars are a major theme for Varda, Manwe likes the sky, and Ulmo likes music. Pick whatever is most important to you. Personally, I think you'd fit well in Varda.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 07:36
TheLadyArwen is right, Varda may be big but that doesn't mean we're more active than the other Realms, per se. I'd say you'd fit Varda well.

You can always switch after 3 months.
sweetlittleelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 12:55
~Mirilien~Undómiel~,
I think that if you like:
I love writing stories and poetry;
I love horseback riding;
I like to hang out with a lot of friends, but I also enjoy being alone;
I'm usually very optimistic and I laugh a lot, but I can also be very calm and quiet;
I like to help people out if I can;
I love animals;
I hate war and any other kind of violence, I'm very tolerant and I wish everybody could respect each other but unfortunately that's never going to happen.

Orome has those qualities, I think, which is pretty much the majority of what you said. Also, Orome is relatively small, but not TOO small. Hope I helped,
Luvs,
~Sweetlittlelf
Fëathoron
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 05:48
Oromë sounds right... (But Manwë isn't bad either lol )
Tyrhael
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 05:42
>I love writing stories and poetry
>I hate war and any other kind of violence, I'm very tolerant and I wish everybody could respect each other but unfortunately that's never going to happen.
>I love to sing and dance

With those qualities, Mirilien Undómiel, I think you'd fit well into the Realm of Ulmo . We're a small, close-knit community as well, so you'd be able to enjoy the bonding which that entails. I think you'd like being an Uluvyr [Follower of Ulmo]. Our members are known to like music, and are very tolerant; we also have threads dedicated to poetry and stories.
You can ask around if you want any more information; though I don't hold a position of power in my Realm, I'd be happy to help if there was any way I could.

-Matt
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 05:52
Thanks for all your reactions :love:

As you can see, I've chosen the Realm of Várda
sweetlittleelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 04:50
Good choice! Hope you have a good time thereGood Luck
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: April 20, 2005 12:51
I just wanted to let you know that I've made up my mind and joined the Realm of Oromë. I love it there!
sweetlittleelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 03:17
Congrats,~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
! Glad you like it at Orome. Thats me too! Orome Rox!
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 04:30
hi! i would like to join a realm, but don't know which one. i did the test, but it was so confusing and i have a question too.. what do you do in a realm?

well, a little about myself:
I love the nature, specially the oceans. Sunsets and sunrises are one of the most beautiful things i know, and the stars too. I also like to wander in the forest, or just watch the sunset sitting on a cliff.
I listen to a lot of music, i'm a movie fanatic and book lover.
i'm pretty social and friendly most of the time, but if someone annoys me, i give back.
I love too cook. When i have the chance, i play guitar or piano (not so well though) I also love to sing, and I sing in a choir.
I'm an animal lover too, and I own a dog. I like writing stories and be with other people.

Thank you all very much for any advise or suggestions

longbe4thesun
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 04:34

I love the nature, specially the oceans.

I listen to a lot of music,... and book lover.

When i have the chance, i play guitar or piano (not so well though) I also love to sing, and I sing in a choir.
I like writing stories and be with other people.

Based on these qualities I'd suggest Ulmo. We all love writing, books, the ocean, and music. We also love hanging with each other. So I would recommend you should come over and give Ulmo a try.

[Edited on 23/4/2005 by longbe4thesun]
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 10:07
I love the nature Lorien, specially the oceans Ulmo. Sunsets and sunrises are one of the most beautiful things i know Lorien, and the stars too Varda. I also like to wander in the forest, or just watch the sunset sitting on a cliff. Lorien
I listen to a lot of music Ulmo, i'm a movie fanatic and book lover.
i'm pretty social and friendly most of the time, but if someone annoys me, i give back.
I love too cook. YavannaWhen i have the chance, i play guitar or piano (not so well though) I also love to sing, and I sing in a choir. Ulmo
I'm an animal lover too, and I own a dog. I like writing stories and be with other people.

I would suggest Lorien or Ulmo. Lorien because we love nature, sunrises/sunsets, and wandering. Ulmo would fit your music and ocean interests.
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 06:48
thank you very much longbe4thesun and TheLadyArwen you've been really helpfull Lorien's just so big..
i have to think about this. we'll see what's gonna happen
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 05:28
Well, if I were you I wouldn't let myself be intimidated by the size of a realm ~figwit~, unfortunately quite a ew of the realm members are inactive (this goes for any realm really) so even if a realm looks big there may be only a cozy amount of people posting
GlorfirithAnnun
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 04:29
Ugh! I can't decide!

I took the quiz and it keeps putting me in Ulmo because I like dolphins (my guess) but I just don't fit there!

I've also had Orome for second loads of times but he was tied with Mandos.

I would be suited to both Mandos and Orome but I just can't decide which to pick :sob:
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 02:31
GlorfirithAnnun, why don't you tell us your interests, then we can help you decide, if you like?
GlorfirithAnnun
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 03:49
I broke down and picked Orome just like half an hour ago.

I really love the woods and I really love horses and that's what made my decision. I was already leaning towards that one anyway. My main problem was I'm really shy (sometimes) and was afraid to get together with people I didn't know.

But the forests and the horses... :love:
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 08:08
Now, don't be shy any longer, just go ahead and present yourself there, and jump in to anything interesting they have going on there. That's the best way to get to know the other members.
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: May 27, 2005 11:17
just wanted to tell you all that i joined the Realm of Ulmo some time ago, and i love it there!
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2005 04:07
I'm glad you found a Realm for you.

I joined the Realm of Varda because I like poetry and stargazing...although I can never find Orion, which is sad, I know.
Adablaer
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 09:46
I'm also very interested in joining a realm. So far I've narrowed it down to three choices, but it's still a hard decision. Here are some of my qualities:

--I enjoy writing poetry and stories.
--I love to read, especially fantasy.
--I love learning about culture of other people.
--I'm quiet and calm, and my friends know me as the peace-maker.
--I like animals and nature.
--I'm not very athletic, but I love to swim.
--I like listening to jokes and laughing.
--I prefer small groups to large ones.
--I'm hard-working and care about schoolwork. I dislike math, but I love language and history.

I'm open to any and all suggestions.

[Edited on 5/6/2005 by Adablaer]
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 10:26
--I enjoy writing poetry and stories. Varda
--I love to read, especially fantasy. Lorien or Vaire (I'm pretty sure Vaire is the reading realm...)
--I'm quiet and calm, and my friends know me as the peace-maker. Lorien
--I like animals and nature. Lorien or Orome
--I'm not very athletic, but I love to swim. Ulmo or maybe Tulkas
--I like listening to jokes and laughing. Mandos
--I'm hard-working and care about schoolwork. I dislike math, but I love language and history. Vaire???

So far I've narrowed it down to three choices, but it's still a hard decision.

Which three?
Adablaer
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 11:03
Which three?

I'm trying to decide on either Nienna, Nessa, or Vairë.
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email