Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Which realm should I join?
on: September 10, 2005 11:11
Based on your description, you would fit in in Yavanna too... But it is of course completely up to you! I hope you will be happy in whatever realm you choose!
lanelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2005 06:01
i'm with Gaerlass, I am totally confused

like my avatar?

visti my story site @
http://www.freewebs.com/vanesse
Ninjoo
Craziness' Spiritual Caretaker
Send Message
on: September 26, 2005 06:14
Well lanelas, why don't you tell us some of your hobbies, interests etc, and we'll try to come up with a nice suiting realm for ya.
Oh, and a tiny reminder, CoE doesn't allow people advertising their site in the posts. You can put the link in your signature, though.
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: September 30, 2005 12:40
i'm with Gaerlass, I am totally confused

put up some descriptions, like what Ninjoo said... we would be delighted to know you more and find the perfect Realm for you!
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: February 28, 2006 03:21
I know this thread is kind of old, but I was wondering if I could get some help anyway. I have been thinking about joining a realm, but not sure which one because it seems that most or all are about some sort of talent such as drawing or writing and I'm not talented in any of those things. I am also not sure what you do in the realms?
As for a description of myself:
Quiet, not very sociable, more comfortable in small groups, hard working, very organized, a bit of a perfectionist. Not very artistic: I can sew fairly well and draw a little, can't write stories or poetry though and don't know how to do graphics or anything on the computer.
Hobbies: photography, watching movies, reading- I read everything I can get my hands on by Tolkien and am very interested in the history of M-E. I mostly hang out in the discuss the books forum. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Elioclya
Lady of Ithilien
Send Message
on: March 01, 2006 01:13
Well, since I'm from the realm of Ulmo I can really only help with that... We have lots of thread games - as do most of the realms from what I've gathered - as well as threads for sharing your day, some roleplaying, and a great new thing we've started recently which is all about helping each other out with computer-related stuff: making images, basic HTML, getting pictures into posts and so on. There's also a thread where we can post and read each other's writings. Some of us take part in the Walk to Rivendell, and we recently had a photo contest, where we shared our photographs of lakes, rivers and oceans (we are after all Ulmo's realm ). At Christmas we do a card exchange, which is fantastic, getting cards from all over the world. We're a pretty tight-knit group.

*comes up for air*

So that's Ulmo
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: March 01, 2006 10:09
Dowlen, omg, we're like the same, though I love to write and draw. Anyway, in Varda, we have so many games there, contests, not only about writing but also in photography and more. You could join different discussions, have a fancy name, and have fun in Varda.

It's for you to decide which Realm will you choose. Good luck!

[Edited on 3/4/2006 by Ilfa]
fogriipus
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 03, 2006 08:50
Your personality sounds like mine, too.

In case you haven't joined a realm yet, I'll tell you something about Oromë:
We are not having too many active members at the moment, so one certainly won't get lost in the masses. The list of our members doesn't give the right picture of the number of active members in our realm at the time (we're "cleaning" the list of members right now, see LadyCeleborn's post above).

Things that are somewhat common to all in Oromë: We love nature (especially woodlands; trees and forests), animals (especially horses and hounds) and music. I think the main interest of these vary between people - some love horses, some do hunt, some play an instrument, etc. What's also said about the members of Oromë is that we're vigilant/observant and persevere.

In the realm forum we have four subforums: Tolkien, Debate Club, RPG & other games, and Book Club. The book club will start reading a new book (very likely The Hobbit) soon, if there are enough interested readers. We have Welcome Wagon and Birthday Brigade, which both would like to have more volunteers. We also have a realm webpage, newsletter (everyone in Oromë is warmly welcome to take part) and sometime ago we had a working realm chat on msn, which was a really good way to get to know other members in the realm. It would be great to get that working again. We've had writing contests and some kind of photo swaps. When thinking about the threads in the realm forum all in all, I'd say the realm of Oromë is a tight community, but it's really easy to get in - people are friendly.

Anyways, I hope you'll find the right realm for you!
Dolwen
Send Message
on: March 03, 2006 10:21
I thank all of you for your friendliness and replies.
Muireall
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2006 06:23
Well, I'm leaning towards the Realm of Aulë, but I wondered if there any of you could advise me differently. (I am doing my research on the Realms though )

I enjoy making things more than anything else. I'm not really what you would call artsy (I haven't papier-mâché-d a thing in my life) but I enjoy working with my hands and creating things. (Ex:Writing, websites, drawing...etc.) I am also semi-training to become a luthier (a violin maker).

I also love computers. Anything that has to do with computers I just jump at. Lol, if I don't end up a luthier, there is always technology.

As for my personality...I LOVE learning, but I have the capacity of being a horrible procrastinator. Humor (esp. irony and satire) is very important to me, and also the way I present myself. I like to take time and formulate my words for the best effect when I am speaking to anybody. I am pretty laid back, in times of trouble or embarrassment, but I let myself get pretty excited when I want to, or there is a good reason for it. I LOVE to act (not as a profession though) and I tend to break out in these dramatic bursts and see how hard I can make people laugh. I value strength of the mind/will, along with integrity, above bodily strength, but I regard bodily strength and health as a virtue as well.
Thats basically it.
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 24, 2006 12:32
I am also semi-training to become a luthier (a violin maker).
Wow :drool::drool: I play the violin and I have always found it so fasinating how one little thing in the making can change the tone (and also the price) so much

As for realms... Vaire at the moment deals with threads mostly relating to poetry, writing, reading, history and some art as well. We have places where one can post sound files of them playing musical instruments or reading poems etc. We have quite a few games and humour is something we enjoy... many of the members actually profess to be 'corrupted' (to gain more of an understanding see our Council Courier newsletter here )... oh and the majority of members also suffer from procrastination... we actually had a fairly active thread going about peoples experiences in this area for a while . Anyway (in short) I think that basically sums up the realm of Vaire.
Muireall
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2006 03:53
I have always found it so fasinating how one little thing in the making can change the tone (and also the price) so much

Ohhh yes. The soundpost is the soul of the instrument, and I'm always afraid I'll knock it down when I work with a violin, and my master will have to take the top off and put it back right. *shudders* It changes so much if you move it the least little bit.

I did join Aule, but before you posted this, methinks. I am happy with Aule though.

Awesome that you play the violin! How long have you played?
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 29, 2006 07:31
Awesome that you play the violin! How long have you played?

Around nine years... I started when I was nine
Saelchiril
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2006 07:36
I've been thinking of joining a Realm but I don't know which one is right for me.
Could somebody help me??
My personality:
At school:I'm hard-working and good at learning languges.And computers.I'm not really fond of sports.
Free time:I like reading good books.Listening to music.I love watcing movies.I write fairy tales!!I LOVE drawing.My friends say I'm pretty good.I love nature and animals.I have 2 dogs.I also enjoy shopping.
With friends and family:I'd say I am a practical person,I like to be honest and hate it when I'm wrong,but I'm not the kind of person who doesn't admit it when he's wrong.I like to get along with everybody,but sometimes I can't...
That's all...

[Edited on 7/11/2006 by Saelchiril]
Dolwen
Send Message
on: November 07, 2006 11:14
I don't know if you have tried the quiz yet or not, it is helpful to some people and not for others. But what I did when trying to decided was to read all of the realm pages and make a note of which ones sounded interesting to me. You have to stay in the realm for 3 months before changing, so I didn't want to make a quick decision. Then I pm'd those realm heads and asked for some info on the realm. All of the realm heads I pm'd were happy to help. I ended up choosing Vaire due to my passion for Middle-earth history.
Lweven
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2006 02:41
You said you are good at learning languages? Vana is making a language of their own. All of us love to write and I try to have regular drawing and poetry contests. I really think you would fit in just fine in Vana, no one likes to be wrong there, lol! We did have a Book Club that we're trying to start again but until then we have a book discussion and a music thread. Hope that helps you alittle.
Saelchiril
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2006 03:20
Thanks!I really needed help.I've tried what you suggested and I am among Vana,Lorien and Orome.I'm not sure yet,but I think I'll join Vana.
ElvenAtHeart
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 19, 2006 04:59
Hi, everyone! I would love to join a realm, but am having a rather hard time of deciding. I do have it narrowed down to two preferred, though. The two I am thinking of are Vana and Varda. But to me it seems as if my personality fits both--so I can't really decide! Plus there's all the others... Any suggestions? By the way, I tried the quiz, but it didn't work too well for me...It gave me a place to start, though.
At school/work: I try to work my hardest and like to do well. I like to try and follow the rules, though I also enjoy having fun while doing so.
In my free time: I love reading, writing, and drawing. I also LOVE to be around animals and nature. I like to use my creativity and I also love to daydream. I'm not very competitive and don't like to be - though I do play a bit of basketball. I'm not too sporty. I enjoy ice-skating and swimming, though. I also like music. I play the flute and the piano. oh--and I love gardening.
With my friends and family: I love both to death. :love: I enjoy their company and I love to discuss things with them. I enjoy drawing with a few of my friends -- we like to get into that stuff together. I don't think any of my friends or family are as much of a stargazing or daydreaming as much as I do, but they understand.

In the future: I hope very dearly to be a writer. I've always loved stories...
My personality: I'm VERY optimistic. (Sometimes I'm so optimistic I scare myself. But it's all good. SEE! There I go again....haha...) I am a daydreamer, and very creative. I guess I'm a bit bubbly, yet sort of quiet. (XD, does that make sense?)
Thanks in advance!
Timpenin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 19, 2006 05:48
Hmmm...personally, I think you'd like Yavanna. The arts are a major major passion for us, and gardening/nature as well We even have two current/future music majors. Writing isn't quite as big but most of us are, at the least, RPers (myself included) on the side. We're on the small side, so if you want to be around lots lots of people, you won't find that in Yavanna, but we make up for it in chocolate

Keep in mind that you CAN change if you join a Realm and decide it's not for you
Yavannildi and proud!
ElvenAtHeart
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2006 11:19
Ooooh, chocolate. Thank you, I'll keep that in mind, and I'll go search a bit more...

I took the quiz again and this time it actually helped. I took my time on the questions.

It told me Varda, Vanna, Aule, or Vaire.
I do like the the sound of Varda and Vanna best...I'm back to square one again, those were some that I started with. Actually....it's more like square four or so...hmmm...
Square one: Take quiz. Look at all of the Realms, but especially those that the quiz gave you.
Square two: Eliminate some of the Realms. Jot down the ones you like.
Square two: Look more. eliminate more.
Square three: Eliminate even more.
Square four: Take quiz again. Look more at the realms it gave you and the ones you had in mind, then eliminate.

Yeah, I think I'm at about square four.
Five must be the final, Haha. Wait...I asked here and you gave me one and then I looked at it too and--there are too many steps.
Maybe I'm at square ten or something. Oh, well...doesn't really matter.

Second edit: I use smiley faces a lot, don't I?
[Edited on 20/11/2006 by ElvenAtHeart]

[Edited on 20/11/2006 by ElvenAtHeart]
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 07:50
I would love to join a realm, (probably Vaire) but am often very busy. How much time would I need to devote to it?
Dolwen
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 08:02
Cirdaneth, You really don't have to devote any specific amount of time. We have members that are on daily and others that are also very busy and are on when they can.

ElvenAtHeart, have you tried sending a pm to the heads of the realms you are interested in, they maybe able to help narrow it down a bit by providing you with some more info. I saw Vaire on your list so I can give you a little info about it. We also aren't a very big realm. Many of us are avid readers, so we have discussions on books, poetry and history. We have debates and create quizzes. We also have many games as I believe all realms do. We also have many members who claim to be corrupt. :evil: lol. If you would like more info, just let me know. I wish you luck in choosing your realm and am sure you will be very happy with your decision.

[Edited on 11/21/2006 by Dolwen]
Elwingda
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2009 02:14
I'm debating whether to join the realm which seems the most interesting to me or the one which seems to get updated regularly perhaps indicating that there are more active members?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: October 05, 2009 08:52
It is entirely up to you.

You are not bound to any certain realm, you can change realms after 3 months. If you want to try the more active one, that's fine, or try the one that's more interesting. Sometimes you discover you like the one that's doesn't seem interesting at first!
Dolwen
Send Message
on: October 06, 2009 03:51
Hi Elwingda,
In my opinion, the realm page being updated regularly doesn't necessarily mean there is more activity than any other realm. If you are concerned about activity then I would pm the head of the realm you are interested in and ask about the realm and it's activity to get a better idea. But like Eru posted, you may be pleasantly surprised with a realm that didn't make your top choice. Hope this helps.
Ellirwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2011 05:58
Hi! I am having a lot of trouble with finding a realm. I think I have narrowed it down to three: Nessa, Vaire, or Vana.
Nessa was the first one I looked at because I have a huge passion for dancing, but judging from what I was allowed to look at, it seemed a little... dead.
Vaire and Vana seem more updated, and I like them too.
My interests, talents, etc:
-I play the piano
-singing
-dancing
-reading
-writing (stories, poetry, songs)
-art
-love Middle Earth history and languages
-real foreign languages (for me, this is any language besides English)
I think that's all I wanted to say. Thank you to anyone who can help.

~Ellirwen
"Though she be but little, she is fierce." -A Midsummer Night's Dream
Maianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2011 08:28
Hi Ellirwen,

Well I’m not sure about Vaire, because I belong to Vana myself, but I would be happy to tell you a little more about Vana.
Personally, I think you would fit very well into Vana. I also love piano, singing, reading, writing, art, and most of the stuff you listed. A lot of Vana members are very artistic. We have a whole forum section dedicated to art and our creations (including writing) where we show each other our work and give feedback. We also have contests such as the Graphics contest which is weekly, and a caption contest. we love to play games and have fun too. We are a very fun-loving community. Everyone is really nice and we always love to help each other out with anything we need. Another important point is there are quite a lot of active members in Vana, so there are almost always things actively going on.
There is also some good information about us (though I’m sure you have seen it) on our description page on the main site.

Vana is great, but please know that I do not know much about the other realms, so its a good idea to get their info before choosing. if you have any more questions though, I would be happy to answer them.
Good Luck!!

~Maia
LadyBrooke
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2011 06:59
Hey Ellirwen,
I'm in the realm of Vaire, so I can tell you a little bit more about us. We have Corrupted vs Uncorrupted where member chose which side they want to be on and then we redecorate a place in M-E. We have photo contests, a thread where members can showcase art, and subforum dedicated to discussing reading and writing. A lot of our members know more than one language and we do have a few threads about them and about history.

Honestly, I could type all day about different things in Vaire and not be finished. We have a very dedicated members so there's always new posts.

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer and I'm sure any other member of Vaire would also be glad.
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: February 19, 2011 12:01
Good luck to you Ellirwen, what ever Realm you join. I hope to see you round the threads soon.
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 20, 2011 12:14
I wish you well with your decision, Ellirwen. I'm from Vana, so naturally I hope you'll join us soon, but I know you'll love whichever Realm you end up in. We're all great people here.
Ellirwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2011 12:59
Okay, I'm back, and I still haven't joined a realm. And now that Nessa seems to have resurrected, it doesn't make my choice any easier. Is there anyone from Nessa who could tell me a little about it?
Thanks,
Ellirwen
Maianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2011 04:49
Sure! First of all, I'm Maianna (Maia for short). Im the relm head over at Nessa. Nessa has quite a few contests/parodies, and games going on at the moment. more members are hugely appreciated. We are all very friendly and quick to welcome new members. right now we dont have a ton of active members. we do have some, but we are a close knit group. we also like to be random sometimes. Llamas and pop tarts are on the favorites list. haha. check out our realm page here:
http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Realms&file=index&action=DisplayRealm&rid=16

by the way, i love your sig stuff! i love phantom of the opera, lotr, and doctor who! (am I wrong in guessing Harthad made those banners?) lol.
asea_aranion
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2011 09:51
I'm a member of Nessa too. I'm mostly there for the sponge fighting.

HAVE AT YOU!

We're a fun bunch. We have definitely been more active in years past, but there's still people who are bringing a revival of the realm, which is great.
Ellirwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2011 04:58
Thanks Maia and asea_aranion!
And yes, Maia, Harthad did make both banners. Aren't they great?

Oh, and I do have one more question. If I join a realm and change my mind, I can switch after three months, right?

[Edited on 18/7/2011 by Ellirwen]
arwen1300
Gosling of Vána
Send Message
on: July 25, 2011 05:30
That is correct. I'm a Vanarian, and I love it, but Nessa is a great bunch too. *waves* Maia left us for them, though *waves at Maia* Vana isn't as active as it used to be, but we're still one of the more active realms. Controversially enough, I think we're more active during the school year, when you wouldn't expect people to be able to get on...

Have fun in whatever realm you choose!
Image If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email