Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
Huin
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Which realm should I join?
on: July 31, 2011 11:49
It sounds like Vairë is fairly active currently? Aulë doesn't seem to be doing much, I rather wish I'd considered this decision more carefully.
Image ImageRealm of Vairë, Corrupted faction
LadyBrooke
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2011 05:56
Yes, Vaire is fairly active, and has been for as long I've been a member...you can switch realms at the end of 3 months, as I recall.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: July 31, 2011 09:10
If a realm is 'dead', you can switch realms earlier. There is no way for members to know in advance if the realm they have chosen is active.
If you wish to change realm, I would suggest contacting LadyCeleborn, Huin. She is in charge of realm stuff and I guess that unlike other members, she has access to all realms' forums to see if they're reasonably active or not.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: July 31, 2011 09:21
Yes, that's right. I remember it saying you can switch Realms early under special circumstances. It's such a shame about the other Realms.
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
~nólemë~
Send Message
on: July 31, 2011 09:35
I'd say it's better than it used to be, Calen. Nessa and Orome are active again (at least they appear so), for instance.
To find out if a realm is active or not before joining, I'd suggest glancing at the newest posts in various sections of the CoE forums, and look at the posters' signatures. Many of the active posters have their realm's insignia there. It's not an entirely accurate way of learning about a realm's activity, but better than nothing.
Also, you can check out the news paragraphs on a realm's profile page to see what has been done recently. Again, not a 100% reliable way of learning about the realm's activity, but a clue still.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: August 01, 2011 03:27
The best way would be to pm a leader or the realm head from the realm you are interested in and ask about activity and such.
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: August 02, 2011 07:01
Also, you can check out the news paragraphs on a realm's profile page to see what has been done recently. Again, not a 100% reliable way of learning about the realm's activity, but a clue still.

Yer, but we rarely update ours And as for our Realm website, none of us are technically minded enough to know how to change it, it's ancient now!

Are we doing Realm parties again soon then? Is that for this September Dolwen?
Huin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2011 09:36
Nólemë, thanks for the tip =)
Image ImageRealm of Vairë, Corrupted faction
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: August 02, 2011 10:04
Orome is not active, unfortunately.
~nólemë~
Send Message
on: August 02, 2011 10:42
@ Eruce - still, having an active realm head is a good start, huh? If an active member joins, then there's something to start working with.

Huin, you're welcome. Enjoy whatever new realm you choose.

@ Dolwen - that, too. Or if a leader is offline for longer periods of time, then an admin or mod who is a member of the realm. Those should be online at least once a week.

@ Calen - 2010 is okay, I'd say. If a realm has news blocks from the last year or two, it means it's fairly active.
I know exactly what you mean about being technically challenged with codes. I struggled with inserting member birthdays some time back - heaven forbid if I ever were to create some realm graphics.
And yes, this year's realm parties will take place in September.

[Edited on 2/8/2011 by ~nólemë~]
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: August 04, 2011 08:59
Yay! We had such a good time last year. (Can't believe its been a year though!)
ArwenElfMaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2012 03:04
hey everyone...I want to join a realm. what responsibibities toes that insue? and what benifits does it provide? My hobbies are reading, making anything, baking, playing violin and viola, and obsessing over all things LOTR....any recommendations?
Thanks everyone!
Namarie
"What are we holding onto, Sam?" "That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo. and it's worth fighting for."
IndilwenLanathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2012 04:13
Responsibilities: You are to have fun in whatever Realm you chose and if you do not have fun you will be....uh, idk, but just make sure you have fun ^^

Benefits: You get to know more people like you. Its like a mini community within CoE. CoE didn't really appeal to me much until I found out about the realms.

Nessa has only two active members(myself and our awesome realm leader). We like anything and everything. If I could talk about only one thing from Nessa I would say that we are all writers. As far as I know, everyone that has joined has been a writer of some kind.
We are also absolutely crazy and random. We hold two things most dear and near to our hearts: Poptarts and Sponge fighting. Well, lets make that three things because we are obsessed with llamas too

Don't know exactly what you're looking for in a Realm but just to give you an idea of what Nessa is about.
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: January 12, 2012 09:55
I would say the best way to pick a realm is to check out the different realms news pages. You can see what sort of activities they like to do and learn more about them there. Not to take away from the quiz...but it's not entirely accurate...really. I think Nessa was one of my lowest percentages, but I choose Nessa anyway because I liked the way they were presented on their news page...and I've never left! As discussed above, you can usually see how active they are and how large of a Realm they are by looking at their news page (depending on how often they update news articles and member lists, of course ) We've even included a section on ours were members have written what they think about being a member of the realm so newbies can get a sense of what goes on. Hope this helps!

I'd also like to note that while the Valar of each realm had specific traits like weaving and hunting and whatnot, doesn't mean you have to be like a serious hunter to join the Realm of Orome for example. I don't think Indilwen is a dancer, and I've never taken a dance class in my life, yet we're the only active members of the dancer's Realm. In fact a lot of our members haven't been involved in dance classes or professional dancers. Not saying you shouldn't join a realm because their Valar's renowned pastime is also your own...I'm just saying you might find that you fit in better with a different realm despite the fact that you've never done that particular hobby or whatever. Does that make sense?

And you totally made me :blush: Indi!!! You're awesome too!!! lol

[Edited on 13/1/2012 by vanyar]
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 13, 2012 04:45
The only true responsibility is that you have to stay in a realm for 3 months before you can move to another, if you wish to.

What vanyar said is true... just because a realm's description doesn't match you, doesn't mean you wouldn't like that realm. I was in a realm that was contrast to what i liked and just absolutely loved the people.
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: January 13, 2012 09:11
Like vanyar said, normally the best way to tell what is unique to each realm is to look at their realms page. Some realms even have specifics of their realm on the charter tab as well. You could also private message the realm heads of those realms you are most interested in and ask them what their realm is like. In Vaire many of us are crazy about the Silmarillion and we are a more studious bunch I guess you could say though that doesn't mean we don't have fun. Our realms unique thing is that most members choose to be a part of our corrupt or uncorrupt teams (for lack of a better word) and we have some playful banter back and forth concerning that.
~nólemë~
Send Message
on: January 13, 2012 12:59
I can only echo what has been said above.

- benefits - you get into a closer-knit community of people with similar interests, where you can take part in all sorts of discussions, play games, RPG, do contests etc., all within the realm, unlike the CoE forums which are separated under various admins and tend to be frequented by a different group of people each (very roughly, I know there are folks who browse through all ).

- requirements on joining a realm - none. But if you pick a realm whose people have interests vastly differing from yours, you may not be overly happy in that realm. Since realm change is allowed to do only after 3 months (unless the realm is 'dead' or for another serious reason), I'd suggest you take a while to consider which realm to join.
Good ways to see which realms are active and what they specialize in is checking their front page for recent updates, and also see if they have a profile in the 'Realms Banners' thread here in General Realms Discussion; the latter can also tell you a bit about what the people in the respective realm are like and what their general hobbies are. For realms not listed there, you can just send a PM to the realm's head; they'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
LadyWormwood
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Which realm should I join?
on: March 09, 2013 06:36
I am pretty new around here & I really want to join a realm. I am kind of torn between a couple Realms that seem like a good fit. I wanted to take the test I had heard about but cannot find where it is located. Do any of you have any suggestions for finding the right realm for ones self? I do not want to rush into anything, I want to find the right one. I have some commitment issues as of now LOL.
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: March 09, 2013 07:03
Lol well there's no rush. I think the quiz didn't survive the server change we went through about a year ago. I would recommend checking out the newspages of the realms and private messaging the realm heads of the realms you're interested in. We realm heads will happily answer any questions you might have about our realms' activities and anything else you want to know. Good luck!
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2013 01:27
LadyWormwood, you could try taking this quiz to find out which of the Vala you are:

Valar: http://www.quibblo.com/quiz/hdWhN_h/Which-one-of-the-Valar-are-you-like

Valier: http://www.quibblo.com/quiz/hdWkSsf/Which-one-of-the-Valier-are-you-like
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 03:26
Hello everyone, I was wondering how to join a realm, and if so, which one??? I wasnt really sure how this worked...
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 05:55
You can find out all ya need here http://www.councilofelrond.com/realm. Wouldn't bother joining Oremë though. He has been slain. (the last post was by me, three months ago lol)
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 06:30
Between me and another girl we are keeping Nessa pretty active.

You can take the quizzes I posted above you to see which of the Vala you are, and that could help you determine which realm to join.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
~nólemë~
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 03:23
I suggest taking a peek at each of the realms' main page to see which ones are still active (but take that with a grain of salt - I have heard of an active realm whose head can't access the realm page to update), and what common interests the people there tend to have: for example my realm, Vaire, has attracted quite anumber of Silmarillion lovers, so our discussions of Tolkien's universe tend to center around it. You can also take a look at the Realms Banner thread to see what the individual realms specialize in (the thread contains brief descriptions of the most active realms):
http://www.councilofelrond.com/forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=33595.0

Taking a look at the signatures of the people in the CoE forums is also a good clue as to which realms are active, as many proudly display their realm's name or insignia in their sigs.

Hope this helps!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2013 02:38
OK, everyone, I have joined the Realm of Nessa!!!!!!!1 Thanks to all of you who gave advice
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: April 23, 2013 05:25
Yessss!!! We claim another soul!!! I erm.. I mean, we uh, we add another member to our fine and well respected establishment! *nods* yeah, that's what I meant to say... lol In all seriousness, Nessa welcomes any and all who wish to join, and if you or anyone has questions about Nessa I'm more than happy to oblige. As Mareth stated earlier, it has been fairly active the last several weeks, and I see no reason why it should stop so if you enjoy sillyness and want a realm that's pretty active check us out and see if you think you'd be a good fit.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2013 02:43
Thankk you! Im happy to have joined!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have decided to switch realms, since when CoE was hacked, it wiped out evidence that I had joined Nessa I am now a member of Ulmo's realm! And it appears to be pretty quiet. So if your looking to join a realm and you think you'll like this one, please join! IF no one does, i'll be switching realms once my three month time is up.
JoSeDu
Council Member
Send Message
I'm new and would like to Join a Realm... but I don't know which one :/

There are 3 Realms that interest me:

Vána
Aulë
Nessa

I'm a creative and funny person (well some people find me funny, other people just find annoying... but I know they are just jealous of my great sense of humor)
I love drawing, writing, playing guitar and I love animals.
I love being alone, talking to myself (yeah, i'm that crazy), relaxing for a minute and getting inspired.
I love learning new things (that's what brought me here... learning elvish)

Please help!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
NESSA!!! Sorry, I'm a bit biased... I'm going to give you some incredibly helpful advice: do whatever you want.

[Edited on 11/15/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
You can always wait for a bit to join a realm, get to know a few people and then find out which realms they are in. I'm in Ulmo
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Good advice, that.

Another thing you can do is go to this thread --> http://www.councilofelrond.com/forum/thread/36034/page/1/ and take the 'Which of the Vala are you' quizzes.

[Edited on 11/18/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
According the the site rules, when you join a Realm you have to stay for three months before you can leave and join another Realm. It's a good way to gauge how well you fit in.

Realms are an excellent way to express your personal interests and meet like-minded members of the site.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am in Ulmo as well. I highly suggest that you join Ulmo, becasue several of us--myself included- share your exact interests to a T. Even to the point of why you came here, JoSeDu. But do as you will.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
My realm seems to be dead and I have been in it for over three months...

I might pick Yavanna because I love animals and nature, but I don't know which realms are active and which are not...

Any recommendations for me?
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email