Register

Author Topic:
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Dartho Annin An-uir: Be With Me Always
on: October 03, 2003 10:24

Suilad, we are pleased that your journey led you here

This RP is truly a labor of love, designed for those looking to be part of a serious, well-written RP. We are not claiming to be professionals, and we are by no means perfect, but we intend to strive for excellence in our writing.

If you are interested in joining this RP, please PM Faenauliel or Rudhwethiel before posting!!!
This helps us to insure that all storylines and characters are in alignment.

Thank you for venturing in, if you do not stay we hope that your visit at least was pleasant. May the blessings of Eru be with you, friend.:heart:

Check out our OOC thread under the main RP menu!

[Edited on 15/10/2003 by Rudhwethiel]
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Dartho Annin An-uir: Be With Me Always
on: October 03, 2003 10:25
Ivorcheneb stood in front of the window, seeing far beyond the landscape on the other side. His ageless brow furrowed with worry; the strong line of his muscular shoulders drooped in weariness. The events of the past days, weeks, and months weighed heavily upon his mind. So much was before them, and so much already behind. He thought angrily of the insolent message he had been forced to bear to Gil-Galad at the council earlier that morning with the king and his closest advisors. Oropher refused to acknowledge Gil-Galad as High King, and Gil-Galad had chosen, upon hearing of Oropher's defiance, to abandon the ruler of Greenwood to his own devices. Ivor's unusually light blue eyes grew even more troubled. There should not be this strife among the Eldar, especially not now. Too much was on the horizon- a horizon that he feared would soon bear a bloody dawn. Ivor's mind roved to the final moments of the meeting, and the new task that was given to him.

That morning was the first time he had seen doubt in the eyes of his king, and it shook him. There was so much to lose . . .

A gentle knock sounded at the door, and he turned from the window. At his bidding a slender, dark-haired elleth entered. She moved silently as was her wont, and as she fixed her grey eyes on him, the thought struck him again, with renewed force: So much to lose . . .

"What is it?" she asked quietly and without preamble, "What have you done?" He was slow in answering, wanting only to fix her face more firmly in his memory; as if he did not see it in his dreams every night.

Too, he knew that once she had heard what he would have to tell her, the wrath of Melkor would seem a boon compared to hers. He grimaced slightly at the thought of her temper, and she did not fail to notice the gesture. She moved closer to him, and he began to think desperately of ways to soften the onslaught. "You look like a queen, hiril nin . . . palace life is certainly agreeing with you." She was not fooled.

"I am not going to bite your head off, I promise. Please, just tell me what has happened." He was not afraid of her; he was an ellon that truly had cause to fear little, and she was certainly no match for him in strength. It was just that horrid temper . . . he loved serenity and she seemed always to carry chaos in her wake. She took another step, the fine garments she wore clinging to and swaying about her figure in a way that displayed her perfection as the rough traveling garments he had hitherto seen her in could not. She had gained a little since he had first met her, and though she was still in his opinion too slim, she looked almost healthy.

He was finding it hard to breathe normally as she moved closer yet. Her eyes, the color of the storms at sea, searched his deeply. Within their grey depths they held uncertainty and even, faint and fleeting, a shadow of concern. Perhaps it was that brief tenderness in her that gave him the final courage to speak.

Slowly and haltingly he began to tell her as much as he was able about the council and the king's decisions. She listened silently as he led up to the most difficult thing he would have to say to her. "The king has ordered that a small group of our warriors go to Mordor to aid in the siege there. The warriors have been selected, and I have . . . I have been chosen as their captain."

There was silence. She closed her eyes for a brief moment, then opened them again. Anything that she might have felt was hidden deeply in their shadows. She moved to take his former place before the window, staring as he had at a landscape that neither saw. At long last she spoke. "When do we leave?"

He gritted his teeth. He knew this would come. "We are not going . . . I have arranged for you to stay here while I am away." "You arranged?" She turned to face him, her eyes snapping with anger. "What right had you to make any arrangements for me without my consent? What do you expect me to do, Ivorcheneb, stay behind and embroider dresses and tablecloths for Eru knows how many months? Dress up and be polite for hours on end, listening to songs and poetry that I care nothing about?"

Secretly Ivor thought she needn't worry about the polite part, but wisely refrained from saying so. He sighed. "Saida . . ." her real name still sounded strange to his ears; but beautiful, right.

He tried every argument he could think of: no ellith were allowed to fight alongside the warriors, it was too dangerous, this was war, not a game; and on and on. For every argument she had a ready response.

Finally, weary of arguing, he gave up. "Fine! If nothing else will please you, come along. But just what do you expect me to tell the others?"

"I don't care!" she retorted, "Tell them I'm your wife, your mistress, your physician, tell them I'm carrying your child, tell them I'm a brilliant strategist. Tell them whatever you want. Only . . . " she turned back to the window, her hands moving restlessly upon the sill and the tension in her body suddenly leaving. Her voice dropped so low that Ivor had to strain to hear her.

"Only do not leave me," she whispered.

[Edited on 4/10/2003 by Rudhwethiel]
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: October 04, 2003 07:34
Ivor's breath caught in his throat..... He raised a trembling hand to touch her delicate braid. He stopped--his fingers mere inches from her raven hair--then drew his hand back as if he had touched a flame. Don't be an idiot! he chided himself silently. You know where her heart lies! He had seen the way her eyes glowed with a long burning ember whenever the curunír was about.

He turned away, crossing the room to lean upon his desk..... "Besides.... How is it that you would willingly leave Palla-...." He caught the word too late, not having realized that his rogue tongue would betray his inner thoughts so. "That is...Gelladar? :blush: I know that his father has returned to him... but that does not make less the love you feel.... for the child." Shut up before you make it worse! Ivor sighed. Saida had always had a way of making him trip over his own thoughts.

Ivorcheneb heard Saida turn and approach him, and the pace of his heart quickened. He turned to face her. "Saida.... I promised you long ago that I would speak no more of what is in my heart," he said, his voice barely more than a whisper. "And I hold to that.... I never meant to choose for you the path you would take." He lowered his crystal-blue eyes to stare at the rug beneath his feet. "I only wished to arrange for you to remain here, in safety....and the happiness that has returned to you."

The sun that shone through the wide window caught a glistening in his light eyes. He breathed in deeply to chase away the tears that threatened.

She came to stand close to him, raising his chin to make him meet her stormy gaze. His heart felt as if it would burst within him. "You assume much.... When will you learn not to presume that you know anything of my thoughts?..... Or of my desires?" She turned and made her way to the door. When she spoke again, the anger in her voice was barely held at bay.... "I am going with you!" He cringed then as the door slammed behind her. He let out a great sigh and shook his head.

As the sun bent her head to kiss the sea, he stood at his window looking out over the Gulf of Lhûn. Slowly an idea formed in his mind, and his smile returned upon his lips. Quickly he turned and left Gil-Galad's palace. As he made his way through the darkening streets, his plan took shape within his mind. This could actually work! he thought as he arrived in front of the large soot-stained building.

He walked through the archway into the dark interior, the acrid smell of the forge filled his senses. "Angdan!!!!" he called.....

[Edited on 5/10/2003 by Faenauliel]
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2003 05:36
Saida roughly brushed a hand over her eyes as she stormed down the hall, her blue and silver gown swirling about her. He could make her so angry! She hated that he got to her like that, hated that he could make her feel anything. She thought of what he had almost said about Pallando, and laughed humorlessly. Ivor was so intelligent, so keen-minded and skilled when it came to military maneuvers- how could he be so daft about other things?

And that stupid promise . . . it was for the best, she knew, considering her past and the effects that still lingered to haunt her. But there were times when she wished such words had never been spoken between them.

Finally she approached a door at the end of another long hall, where the most luxurious rooms were reserved for the most honored guests. She lifted her fist, and after hesitating for a moment, softly knocked. "Come in," a deep voice responded from within.

She entered quietly, her eyes falling on the giant, dark-haired wizard who sat by the window. He held an infant carefully, lovingly; as if it were the most precious gift of the Valar. The scene cut Saida to the heart- there was another that should be here. Pallando was still one of the most beautiful beings she had ever seen. Raven hair, thick and glossy, hung to his broad shoulders. Slim streaks of white started at both temples and ran the length of the silky blackness. He looked up, and his eyes were the blue of a starless night.

It was still not easy being near him, and she felt it all the more as she approached and ran a loving finger across the baby's soft cheek. Pallando caught her wrist when she started to move away, and drew her down to face him. He stared at her, forcing her to lift her eyes and return his gaze. "Don't," she whispered pleadingly, futilely trying to free her wrist from the strong, warm fingers.

How could one man make her feel so strong, and another so weak?

Finally he released her, as if he had seen in her eyes what he sought. "You love me, you know," he said quietly as she turned away. "I know," she said wearily, "I'll not deny that. But it's too late, Pallando. There never was any hope. Let it go."

The Istari stood and held the child out to her. "This is our hope, Saida. This is our healing."

"Don't!" she cried, turning her back to him,"I cannot do it, Pallando. I cannot be what you want."

She pressed her hands to the side of her head and started to cry. She could feel it coming; the Shadow . . . why was this happening, when he had once been the only one that could stave its coming?

Pallando placed the sleeping infant in an ornate cradle and moved to stand behind Saida. His arms went around her waist, she could feel his hot breath on her cheek. "You are all that I want," he whispered with his mouth against her ear.

Sadia broke out of his embrace and ran to the door, where she stopped and turned back. Tears streamed down her face.

"She's dead, Pallando. I'll never be who she was. Gelladar is Jehan's child, not mine. She was your heart- not me. Let her be at peace."

Tears flowed freely down the man's strong, beautiful face. His eyes were like forests ravaged by fire and rain; desolate and lifeless.

"Why should she be at peace when I shall live in eternal torment?" he cried . . . but Saida was gone.

[Edited on 7/10/2003 by Rudhwethiel]

[Edited on 8/10/2003 by maeghin]
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: October 09, 2003 02:48
Faevathor was troubled. He stalked out of the palace and headed out to the stables, seeking the solace of his grey stallion, Mithfaer's stall. Tending to the horse had always calmed him.

He hadn't been in the room when Ivorcheneb had delivered his message, but sensed that something had not gone well. His dark eyes reflected his worry and he suspected that there was a rift developing between Gil-Galad and Oropher. Eru only knew what that would mean for the future.

Mithfaer whinnied when he saw his master approach, and Faevathor smiled. "Well, sir!" he greeted the horse. He chuckled as Mithfaer tossed his head and reached out to stroke the silky nose. "Always my faithful friend." he said, and indeed, his heart began to lighten a little.

They had a special relationship, these two, warrior and horse. Faevathor had raised Mithfaer from a colt and trained him carefully. Faevathor spent quite a while brushing the fine coat until it shone. Then, opening the stall door, he led the horse out into the stableyard, vaulted to his back, and rode quickly toward the forest. There was much to think about, but for the moment, he revelled in the feeling of being with his trusted friend, his dark hair flaring out behind him as Mithfaer gained speed.

The trees became a blur as they wove their way through the forest, until finally, Mithfaer slowed to a walk. Faevathor stopped him in a small clearing and dismounted. One hand resting on the horse's neck he tried to think about what he should do.

(OOC: Corrected Character name spelling! Duh! :dizzy: )

[Edited on 11/10/2003 by gwendeth]
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: October 13, 2003 01:21
**He walked through the archway into the dark interior, the acrid smell of the forge filled his senses. "Angdan!!!!" he called.....**

Ivor sensed a movement to his right and turned quickly. Upon the wall, a huge shadow danced in the firelight cast by the forge. The shadow grew as Angdan entered the open area where Ivorcheb stood. Ivor noted how dark and forboding the giant silhouette looked as the metal-smith entered.

Angdan stood looking smugly at the crystal-eyed Ellon, his arms crossed at his chest. They stared at one another for a moment....Then Ivor burst out laughing!

"You know," the Elf began. "The way you carry yourself, I'd say you truly believe you ARE as tall as that shadow!" Ivorcheneb's bright eyes overflowed with tears from his laughter as the Dwarf joined in with a deep guffaw.

Slowly, the ellon regained his composure. "Mellonen," he said to Angdan. "Remember how you are constantly telling me that you owe me for saving your hide from those Rangers in that tavern.... And that if there is 'anything' you can do to repay your debt to let you know?" The Dwarf eyed Ivor with mock suspicion. "Aye!" he answered. "Well... I think I have finally thought of a fitting payment!"

[Edited on 14/10/2003 by Abraon]
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2003 05:07
Though she wanted nothing more than to run back to Ivor, Saida knew she could never do that. Instead she made her way to the palace gardens, careful to avoid being seen. She knew that there were those who did not wish her presence there, even though she had come in the company of a king's messenger and an istari; and she could not honestly blame them. She was not afraid- she was just tired of fighting against everything that surrounded her.

Out in the garden Saida secluded herself in the cool shelter of a rose arbor. For a few minutes at least she could have some sort of peace. The evening breeze was sweet; it wafted the fragrance of the roses around her. She wiped the remaining dampness from her eyes and leaned her head against slender the trunk of a brethil tree, and as the sun sank lower into the sky she fell into a deep sleep born of a weariness within.

The shadows of night had fully enveloped the land when at last she awoke, and for a few moments she sat perfectly still and attempted to get her bearings. Finally she stood, her muscles stiff and her throat raw from the night air.

It was a beautiful night; stars like the fairest jewels from the mines of the dwarves shimmered in the deep purple sky. Saida was just about to leave her hiding place when the sound of footsteps met her ears, causing her to sink breathless back into the shadows once again.

[Edited on 15/10/2003 by Abraon]
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 15, 2003 04:31
How long Faevathor had sat lost in thought he didn't know. But it was full dark when his attention was reclaimed by Mithfaer playfully lipping at his long hair. He smiled and said, "Aye, mellon nín, we have been here too long."

He sighed, rose from the rock on which he had been sitting, and vaulted to Mithfaer's back. He still hadn't made any decision and it bothered him. He wished he could discuss it with Êlvainiel. She wouldn't have understood the problem, but she understood him. But she wasn't here. He had taken his wife to stay in her father's house, where, he hoped, she would be safe.

As they slowly made their way through the darkened forest, Faevathor sighed again. Perhaps the best thing to do was to speak with Ivorcheneb. "Aye," he thought to himself, "that would be the best road to take."

Having finally come to a conclusion, of sorts, he thought ruefully to himself, he spurred Mithfaer into a trot. "Aye. I will talk to Ivorcheneb."

[Edited on 15/10/2003 by gwendeth]
SadisticYoda
Danger to Mankind
Send Message
on: October 15, 2003 04:56
"Remember how you are constantly telling me that you owe me for saving your hide from those Rangers in that tavern.... And that if there is 'anything' you can do to repay your debt to let you know?"

"Repay ye debt?" The surly dwarf eyed Ivor. His reply included a shy smile

"Well... I think I have finally thought of a fitting payment! But ya know me, all I can do is weld some metal.. but that armour of ye friend seems very.." The dwarf thought for a minute of a word to say. He was obviously stumped, but regardless stared right into Ivor's eyes. A word finnaly came to him.
"bad.. yah, bad." the dwarf looked a little confused.

Ivor stared at Angdan for a moment, but then broke out in laughter. "Bad, just bad!"

The blacksmith nearly jumped into the air. "Alright, then it's settled! I'll make ye an armour plate, the finest I can possible create! Come back in a few days now, I'll gather this armour you want."

Dolenaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2003 05:32
Iavaisil had spent the whole day in a thoughtful state. As she was no one of any real importance, she was not privy to the councils of the king. All the same, she wished that she could know what was oging on. Something important was happening; it crackled in the air.

She roamed the halls restlessly. Passing through a partly opened door, she heard voices. Briefly she fought over whether or not to listen, but curiosity won out. She paused, barely daring to breathe.

"The king has ordered that a small group of our warriors go to Mordor to aid in the siege there. The warriors have been selected, and I have . . . I have been chosen as their captain."

Her breath caught in her throat. She knew it! So the king was sending men out...

Hearing footsteps coming toward the door, she quickly melted back into the shadows, her heart racing. The door swung open, and a slender elf brushed past, with a look of horrible anger and sadness in her face. Iavaisil felt a wrench of pity, but knew it was not her place to intrude upon the other's problem's. She sighed, but remained where she was.

When the other had gone, she slipped out of hiding and out doors to the palace gardens. She knew what was happening, and she hoped that maybe this was her chance for adventure. Propping her back against a tree, she played a few thoughtful notes on the flute that hung at her waist. She had wanted to leave for a while. The kingdom was fair and full of all she could wish for, but she had a wanderer's spirit. Darkness fell as she sat, playing and thinking.

She did not realise she had nodded off, until she woke suddenly to the stars shining bright overhead. Humming softly to herself, she stood and walked swiftly back into the trees, brushing past a fragrant brethil tree, where Saida was hiding. Image

[Edited on 16/10/2003 by Beleg_Strongbow]
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 18, 2003 02:34
Faevathor aimlessly stalked the palace halls. He had done so for hours but he hadn't found Ivorcheneb anywhere. He could feel the tension mounting, though, from everyone.

Whispers, rumors, 'North, South, which way would they go?' seemed to be on every lip. That they woud get no help from Oropher was now clear.

He sighed, and returned to his room. As was his habit, he checked his weapons carefully, testing the tautness of the bowstring and the sharpness of his sword-blade. As he whirled the blade around several times, the shining blade glinted from the moonlight streaming in through the window.

Satisfied, he put his weapons away and stretched out on the bed for the rest of the night, closing his eyes half-way.
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2003 06:04
Saida watched in relief as Iavaisil passed by her hiding place. She had seen the elleth before, playing skillfully the silver flute she carried as she wandered the palace grounds. There was something about her that Saida almost envied- a glimpse of something she herself may have been, long ago, if many things had been very, very different.

But the darkness in Saida's eyes lingered only a moment, replaced by a sharp look of cunning. The elleth had apparently lived here for a long time, and might have overheard something concerning the coming battle.

She knew there were things that Ivor would not tell her; she smiled sardonically at the thought of him trying to protect her from the rougher things of life. He should know better by now. And no doubt he'd be worried sick over her absence. Oh well, he'd just have to worry a little longer. She would not pass up this opportunity for knowledge of the present and future events in what would surely be the beginnings of a cataclysmic war. This is what she was born for . . .

Stepping silently from her hiding place, she could barely make out Iavaisil's retreating form in the darkness. "Daro! Aníron peded na le." [Stop! I wish to speak with you.]

((OOC: Forgive me if I butchered the Sindarin, I'm still new at this! :dizzy: ))

[Edited on 18/10/2003 by Rudhwethiel]
Dolenaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2003 11:09
Iavaisil spun around at the sound of a voice behind her, taking in the sight of the elleth she had seen earlier that day. Arching an eyebrow quizzically, she waited for the woman to continue. Unconsciously her fingers ran along the keys of her silver instrument. She wondered what one of the higher people had to say to her, for few ever spoke to her, even the commoners. But no matter. She waited patiently, entertained by the music in her mind.

[Edited on 18/10/2003 by Abraon]
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: October 25, 2003 06:53
Ivorcheneb had left the dark, smoky workshop of the metal smith and wandered the marketplace for a bit, lost in thought. Since the first moment he had looked into Saida's eyes, he had wanted nothing more than to be by her side....always. But for the first time, he did not want her to go where he must. His responsibilities would be great, and he would not be able to be as watchful and protective of her as he would want.

Then his eyes lit up and a large smile graced his fair face. He remembered their run-in with the dragon in the northern wastes and shook his head, laughing at himself. Perhaps we should just send Saida into Mordor, he laughed to himself. But, then, that would be too cruel a way to deal with Sauron!

Just then Ivor passed a shop which sold pretty trinkets and jewelry. In the window was a delicate silver chain with a beautifully crafted pendant. It was a dragon of mithril with bright saphire eyes. Seeing the 'Closed' sign in the window, he knocked upon the door and the shopkeeper answered looking rather annoyed. "We are closed!" she began. "Please!" Ivor begged, giving the lady his best look of desperation. "The pendant, there, in the window!" The mírdan shook her head and smiled. "Alright," she replied, shaking her head. "How could anyone resist such eyes!?"

As the stars shone brightly overhead, Ivor made his way through the palace courtyard and up the grey stone steps. He softly sang to himself as he walked through the garden carrying the small, beautifull wrapped package. He was so lost in thought that it startled him to come upon Saida talking quietly with another. He smiled brightly and approached to greet them. "Le suilannon, Hirilen!" he said brightly, bowing to the ellith. "Saida, I was just comming to find you!"

[Edited on 29/4/2004 by Faenauliel]
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2003 11:40
Saida had just begun her inquisition of the other elleth when she heard Ivor's voice.

"Le suilannon, Hirilen!" he said brightly, bowing to the ellith. "Saida, I was just comming to find you!"

Saida gritted her teeth in frustration, resolving not to let her irritation show in Iavaisil's presence. Iavaisil must not know that anything was amiss. She lowered her voice so that Ivor could not hear, and whispered urgently to the elleth: "Meet me tomorrow morning in the rose arbor. It is of utmost importance- and speak of this to no one. Now go!" she hissed, not unkindly.

Ivor watched in confusion as the other elleth left hastily. His confusion was only deepened when Saida grabbed him by the arm and began dragging him out of the garden. They had gone but a few paces when Ivor recovered and dug his heels in, refusing to move another inch.

"Do you care to tell me what was that all about?" he asked, his intense blue eyes demanding the truth. Saida shrugged carelessly and met his gaze without flinching. "Nothing. Just another servant who is infatuated with you- I told her that you were not interested and that she would do well to keep her distance."

Ivor rolled his eyes. "Don't lie to me, Saida. Keep your secrets- but you would do well not to stir up trouble in this place." She looked up at him, grey eyes wide with feigned innocence. "Trouble? I believe you are the one who stayed out until this unholy hour, hir nin. I shudder to think what you may have been doing."

He winked at her, ignoring the anger in her voice. "Close your eyes and turn around, and I'll show you what I was doing, 'out until this unholy hour'". Saida looked at him skeptically, but her curiosity got the better of her and she complied. She flinched visibly when he touched her, she couldn't help it; but the gesture cut him to the heart. He stepped away quickly and spoke, keeping his voice natural with an effort.

"There. Open your eyes." Saida opened them and looked down to see the beautiful pendant lying against her fair skin. "Oh, Ivor!" she whispered, taking it in her hand and holding it up as high as the length of the chain would allow so that she might see it better in the near-darkness. The mithril dragon with it's sapphire eyes gleamed int he moonlight- a costly gift, to be sure.

Of course it brought to mind images from that terrible and wonderful day- the sight of Ivor with his golden hair swirling about his powerful figure as he drove his sword to the hilt in the great beast's back; the heat and the stench of death; the pain and the weariness and the healing.

Before she could stop them, tears welled up in her eyes. She turned back to Ivor and raised her small hand to his face, cradling his cheek in her palm. She spoke with difficulty, as one unused to gentle words. "It is a beautiful gift, Ivorcheneb. And I thank you- for everything."

[Edited on 27/10/2003 by maeghin]
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: October 27, 2003 03:57
Pushing aside his curiosity about what Saida was up to he bid Saida to close her eyes. When he slipped the delicate silver chain around her neck, his hand softly brushed her warm, pale skin. His heart leapt in his chest and it's pace quickened....rushing away from him like a wild horse on the open plains. Her reaction to his touch brought him harshly back to reality. Surely she does not shrink away from the curunír like that a cruel voice deep within him whispered. It took a great effort for him to keep his voice from trembling.

"There. Open your eyes." Saida opened them and looked down to see the beautiful pendant lying against her fair skin. "Oh, Ivor!" she whispered, taking it in her hand and holding it up as high as the length of the chain would allow so that she might see it better in the near-darkness. Before she could stop them, tears welled up in her eyes. She turned back to Ivor and raised her small hand to his face, cradling his cheek in her palm. She spoke with difficulty, as one unused to gentle words. "It is a beautiful gift, Ivorcheneb. And I thank you--for everything."

Her gentle touch upon his cheek threatened to steal his breath away. He looked deeply into her stormy eyes wishing desperately that he could stop time and exist forever in this moment. He began to laugh nervously. Which is more of a torment, Ivor he asked himself. ...her cruelty or her kindness? As his annoying laughter grew he knew that it mattered not.... So long as she allowed him to remain near her.

Saida's brow furrowed in mock annoyance at Ivorcheneb's laugh. "Forgive me," he said quietly, trying hard to stiffle any further outburst. He stepped away from her as they moved up the stone steps which led into the palace corridor. "I am happy my gift pleases you, Saida," he said. Then his crystal-blue eyes narrowed mischievously. "Just don't tell your curunír that I gave it to you.... I wouldn't want to be turned into toad!"

[Edited on 28/10/2003 by Faenauliel]
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2003 06:02
"Just don't tell your curunír that I gave it to you.... I wouldn't want to be turned into toad!"

At Ivor's jesting words, Saida's thoughts flew back to her last exhcange with Pallando just hours before and her face grew hard. Apparently Ivor cared little where her heart lay, if he could jest about it so easily.

She replied smoothly, "I am sure I can find some way to convince him to leave your elfhood intact. I will leave you now . . . no doubt he is much troubled over my absence, and will not be happy when he learns I have been idling away time with strangers."

Saida spoke the word 'strangers' in a way that was intended to wound deeply; twisting in his heart like a knife's edge. And if she had looked back to see his face as he stood there,she would have seen the stark fruition of her intent.

She left him, deliberately heading in the direction of Pallando's chambers. But as soon as she was out of Ivor's sight she turned down a side corridor and doubled back to her own slightly humbler rooms. It was but a few hours before dawn when she finally slept, but even then she could not rest. Her dreams were haunted with dark eyes and light; an infant's cries and the sounds of battle.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 29, 2003 02:23
Faevathor woke just as the sun rose. For once, though, his sleep had not been restful. There were too many 'what ifs' on his mind. Sighing, he rose, readied himself for the day, and took up his sword. Fortunately, there was just enough space in the small room that had been allotted him in the palace.

Standing in the middle of the room, he went through his morning exercise, whirling the blade, spinning, slashing, making sure that his warrior muscles were at their height. One never knew these days when they would be needed.
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: October 29, 2003 08:28
Ivor watched as Saida turned and quickly headed off toward Pallando's room. His heart felt as if it had sunken into the pit of his stomach. He had meant the comment to be only in jest.... or had he? You know where her heart lies! the cruel voice within him whispered. He would never hurt Saida for anything in this world. But perhaps his jealousy over the way she felt for the curunír had caused his words to have an edge that he had not meant.

Ivor sighed and impatiently wiped away the tears that threatened to fall. Perhaps she will be so angry now that she will remain here in safety. he thought. Then instantly he laughed. "Ivor," he said to himself. "If you truly believe that, your ARE and idiot!"

He made his way to his room, trying hard to get some rest, but any escape into sleep eluded him. He could only sit and stare out of the large window at the Gulf, hating himself for what he had said to Saida.

Before sunrise, he gave up on rest and rose to prepare for the day. There was much he must do to prepare to leave, and first he would need to speak with those he had chosen to accompany him. He bathed and dressed, then sat looking out at the growing light as he absent-mindedly rewove his long braid. Finally, he took his sword from it's wooden cradle upon the mantle and secured the sheath to his belt. Today, his visits with his friends would be official. He must ask them to follow Gil-Galad into battle....perhaps at the cost of their immortal lives. He sighed, dreding the task ahead, then turned and made his way out into the corridors.

First, he went to the room of Faevathor. Ivor knew the ellon had a good reputation as a swordsman, and, more importantly, was very loyal to King Gil-Galad. Ivor straightened his tunic, sighed, then knocked softly upon the door. As the door opened, Faevathor smiled his greeting to Ivor as he tried to catch his breath.

"Fae... you practice your skills more than any other ellon I have ever known!" Ivor teased. Faevathor smiled, but no joy touched his eyes. "Yes... but with the talk that is going about as of late, I assumed that practice would, indeed, be needed." Ivor's own smile faded and he nodded.

"You know then what I come to ask." Fae nodded. "I know many who would be glad to have you as thier Captain.... I am one of them." Ivor could say nothing. Gil-Galad had been like a brother to him, and Ivor would do whatever task the King saw fit to give him. "You may count me among your troops," Faevathor told him.

Ivor thanked his friend, then told him that a meeting would be arranged for the evening. "But, now, I must go. I have many to speak with before then." As he saw Ivor out, Fae put a hand upon his shoulder. "Do not worry, Ivor. You will lead us well." Ivorcheneb smiled his thanks then turned to go, his task weighing heavily upon his heart.
Dolenaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2003 11:28
Iavaisil, at the command of Saida, quietly slipped away at the aproach of the other elleth. The questions bubbled in her head about what the other woman could possibly want with her, but she saw too much danger in trying to eavesdrop. Winding her way silently back through the garden, she sat on the ground near the rose arbor and curled up to sleep, her precious flute cradled close.

She had rooms of her own in the servants quarters, although she was no servant herself, but she rarely used them. She disliked staying indoors, as the sounds of so many elleth disturbed her thoughts of music. Closing her eyes, she opened her mind to dreams of song.

The morning dawned, but she slept on, waiting patiently for Saida to find her.

((I just added a character description in the database for any who care to look))

[Edited on 10/29/2003 by Dolenaglar]

[Edited on 30/10/2003 by maeghin]
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 30, 2003 10:05
Faevathor stood in silence for some time after Ivor's visit, thinking about what was to come. He was glad that Ivor would be leading them. Faevathor's bow and sword would indeed be at Ivor's service, and that of the King.

Finally, though, he replaced his sword in its scabbard, left his room, and walked swiftly to Mithfaer's stall. But this time, he just sat on an upturned bucket. With his eyes closed, in the comforting presence of his faithful friend, he thought again about what might happen at the evening's meeting....and...he thought about how much he missed his wife; and wondered if he would ever see her again.

[Edited on 30/10/2003 by gwendeth]
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2003 03:25
A tall ellon made his way through the palace gardens, moving like a wraith through the morning mist. His face was youthful and handsome, but there was a hardness about his narrowed eyes and a grim set to his mouth. He paused and listened, his keen senses detecting a presence near. One hand went instinctively to the knife upon his hip, but he did not draw the blade. He had learned long ago that haste was often the way of folly.

Silently he moved forward, his intense gaze focused on a screen of rose bushes. Whoever was there was just on the other side, and he must pass by there to reach his destination. Careful to avoid the thorns, he parted two of the boughs and looked through.

A young elleth lay sleeping on the other side, curled up on her side with a silver flute held tightly in her small hand. She was tiny and delicate; with skin and hair darker than most of their kind.

Quietly the ellon let the branches fall back into place, and rounded the end of the hedge to the place where the elleth lay sleeping. He didn't want to scare her to death, but he did not want his presence to be known at the palace until he had had a chance to speak with his cousin, Saida.

He slid to his knees beside the sleeping elleth, covering her mouth with one hand and capturing both her wrists with the other just as her eyes flew open. She struggled briefly, but his grip was like iron. "Be still," he whispered. "I will not hurt you." Her frantic movements calmed, but her wide eyes remained locked on his, fear and anger warring in their depths.
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: November 02, 2003 06:30
Ivorcheneb had spoken to several more old friends and was on his way to meet with another. Lost in thought, he turned down a corridor and found himself at Saida's chamber door. He sighed deeply, knowing that his choosing to come this way had not been entirely unintentional, and stood for several moments arguing with himself about whether or not he should knock.

Why do you torture yourself so? the cruel voice within his mind whispered. What would you say if she answered? Ivor tried hard to silence that voice with the soft, nervous laughter which had so often worked in the past. But he found, lately, that he could not always hide behind his smile. Besides his mind went on, You know the direction she went from the garden.... How would you react if she did NOT answer?..... Rush to the chamber of the curunír, sword flying?

Ivor closed his eyes tight, trying hard to push such thoughts away. But doing so only brought forth the image of Saida in Pallando's arms. A tear fell swiftly down his cheek and he brushed at it impatiently. He wondered how--when he had always found it harder to cry than to laugh.... had even been unable to cry for his lost family--his feelings for Saida were so impossible to control!

He sighed loudly in frustration at himself and quickly turned to go, leaving his question unanswered.... Then the door behind him opened and he heard her soft voice. "Ivorcheneb?.... What are you doing lurking about out here?" He stopped short, unable to ignore her bidding, and turned to face her anger once more.
Dolenaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2003 06:44
Iavaisil was wakened suddenly from a dream of sweet music to the presence of a large hand across her mouth. Her wrists were pulled backwards, and she flung her precious silver flute behind her on the soft plants lest it be harmed.

"Be still. I will not hurt you."

She heard his whisper and, sensing that to struggle was useless, she slowly forced herself to stop struggling. Her wide eyes stared up into his. She felt anger at him for disturbing her peaceful rest, but also fear. What did he want with her? Was he a threat to any others?

She felt his hand twitch involuntarialy at the sound of light footsteps approaching.

[Edited on 3/11/2003 by Saurid]
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2003 06:09
"Ivorcheneb?.... What are you doing lurking about out here?" He stopped short, unable to ignore her bidding, and turned to face her anger once more.

Saida stood in the doorway in her bare feet, blinking the sleep from her eyes. Her hair was tousled and the hem of her shift was visible beneath the blanket she had wrapped around herself against the morning chill. Ivor couldn't help but smile. For one raised in the northern wilds, she hated the cold. "I did not mean to disturb you," he replied, not sure what else to say. He waited for the scalding torrent of her angry words, but to his utmost surprise it didn't come.

"Caun is here," she said quietly, dropping her gaze. "What? How do you know?" Ivor asked, a bit confused. Saida's young cousin had travelled with them for a time on their first journey together; it was he who was responsible for saving Gelladar's life and returning the infant to Saida. But as was his wont he had disappeared one night as the rest of them slept, and they had not heard from him . . . until now.

"I just know." Saida replied, moving restlessly and staring at the floor. He placed his hands on her shoulders and gently turned her back to him, willing her to look at him. When she did he saw all the confusion and all the pain that made him love her in spite of her cruelty. Without another thought he pulled her within the safe confines of his arms and torso, warming her slender form with his strong one and gently stroking the raven hair that fell down her back. "I told you that you do not have to be afraid of who you are, or the gifts that you have been given," he whispered.

"Do you know what my name means, Ivorcheneb?" she said quietly, "It means 'fortunate' . . . I always thought that was the cruelest stab of all."
She pushed him away, but without her usual roughness. "Go . . . I need to get dressed and find Caun."

[Edited on 6/11/2003 by Rudhwethiel]
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 04, 2003 03:08
Mithfaer nuzzled Faevathor's shoulder, startling him out of his musings. Grinning, he reached up to stroke the horse's silky nose. "Ah," he said, "At least you are here, my friend!" Mithfaer tossed his head at that, as if in agreement. Chuckling, the dark-haired Elf gave him one final pat and left the Stable.
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2003 05:54
After many days of rough travel, Súlfalas had at last arrived at Gil-Galad's palace. He had never been here before, but he was not one to feel uncomfortable in a strange environment. Besides, the High King himself had summoned him here. Change and trouble were coming, and neither was a stranger to the dark-haired ellon.

He seemed not to notice the furtive looks that followed him. Indeed, he was a striking figure; standing well over six feet tall with long, dark hair and silver rings piercing the lobes of both his ears. He was a warrior, and no one that saw him doubted it.

It did not take Súlfalas long to find the stable, it was larger and more luxurious than many fine homes. He dismounted his huge black horse, Caden, and led him into the stable. There Súlfalas settled with a stable attendant for the stallion's care and feeding for the night, and turned to go. Another ellon had left just ahead of him, and Súlfalas lengthened his stride to catch up to him. "Le maethor gweth en aran? You are a soldier of the king's forces?" Súlfalas called. Faevathor stopped and turned. "I am proud to be so," Faevathor replied, eyeing the dark stranger warily. "Can I aid you in any way?"

Súlfalas extended his hand. "I am Súlfalas, here at the king's bidding. I am to join the company led by an ellon named Ivorcheneb. Perhaps you know of him?"

Saida rounded a hedge in the garden to see Caun holding the elleth Iavaisil in a firm grip, his hand over her mouth to keep her from crying out. "Caun!" Saida hissed, "What are you doing! Let her go!"
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 05, 2003 02:42
Faevathor keenly scrutinized the newcomer for a few moments, and then extended his own hand. "Yes. I know Ivorcheneb well. I am Faevathor and have also joined Ivor's Company."

Faevathor eyed the stranger's horse. A fine one, he noted as it was led away. He knew a good horse when he saw one. Turning back to the Warrior, Faevathor solemnly regarded him again. Nodding, he said, "Come this way. I will see that you are given a room. A meeting has been called for tonight."

As they walked toward the palace, Súlfalas questioned the dark-haired Faevathor. "Then nothing has been decided yet?" Shaking his head, Faevathor replied, "No," and then sighed. His voice taking on a bit of steel, he continued, "Other than that it is clear we will get no help from Oropher." Súlfalas stopped for a moment. Meeting Faevathor's eyes, he said, "None?" "No," was the answer. Scrutinizing Súlfalas again, Faevathor could see this news was as unwelcome to the new Warrior as it had been to him. As they continued on, he said, "We shall see what transpires at the meeting. At least..." and he trailed off for a brief moment..."At least we will be following Ivorcheneb, and that is a good thing."

Falling silent then, Faevathor lead Súlfalas into the Palace and made him known to the steward who would see to his needs.

Following the newcomer with his eyes, the Elf nodded to himself. A good addition, he thought. We will need every skill available in the days to come. His heart still heavy, the Warrior returned to his room, took out his sword and again began his excercises, clearing his mind to be fresh for the evening's discussion.

[Edited on 5/11/2003 by gwendeth]Image

[Edited on 5/11/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Dolenaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 07:15
"Caun! What are you doing? Let her go!" Iavaisil heard the voice, but could not see who spoke because of the way her head was twisted. The hand released suddenly, and she backed away hurriedly, making sure to keep her back away from the others. Now freed, she recognised Saida as the owner of the voice. This discovery only increased her apprehension, however. She knew very little about this strange female, only that she had the power to do many things. Scooping up her flute lovingly, she stared defensively at the two, especially the one called Caun. The silence seemed to cling like mist. Who were they working for? She was highly suspicious from being attacked out of a sleep. Even unconsciously, her fingers played a silent melody on the flute's keys.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 07, 2003 12:29
Faevathor eyed himself in the mirror with disgust. He then turned and gave a baleful look at his sheathed sword. He had practiced for about an hour, trying to empty his mind of concerns, but for once, it hadn't worked. His brow dark, he stalked out of his room and down the hallway. He met several elves along the way, but his look was such that no one spoke to him. Which was good, he thought, as he wasn't sure he would have responded as politely as he usually did.

Catching sight of one of the gardens, he started to enter it but stopped. It was already occupied, and there was a tension in the air that stung his elvish senses. Backing away before he could be seen, he turned and walked quietly down the hall.

[Edited on 7/11/2003 by CarolP]
moonletters
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2003 05:37
Closing the ornate door to her bedroom, she glanced ruefully at her surroundings. She would be leaving soon, the exact date still eluding her. She loved it here, having grown up under the king's protection. No one really knew of her, because as of yet, she was really of no importance to the royal court.
And now, heavy on her mind and body lay the impending war, which she of course would join. For as much as she may have loved the castle, she cared nothing for the many occupants inhabiting the space. Especially the ones she knew naught of; which unfortunately was most. They knew less of her than she knew of them, though. She was almost a ghost to them, someone they'd heard a rumor of at one point or another, but had never seen. No one knew of her, and even least of all talked to her-if she could help it. The king had seen her becoming a recluse to the castle at an early age, but bound by her vehement wishes to be left to her thoughts and his own duties to the people he ruled, there was no chance for him to reform her. Not that she minded, of course. More time for her music, and the literature she immersed herself in. A Lore Master was what she wished to be, nothing more nor less. And yet, she chided herself, she had foolishly signed up for the war against the Dark Lord. Impulse really. She had wanted to live, outside of her books, to see it happen and to be there. Easier to retell it, she reckoned to herself.
But now, she wasn't as sure. She knew how to fight, that was a given. One of the princes had taken kindly to her and tutored her in the art of using a blade. But he had married since then, and had no time for her anymore.
'Come now, Cirya ,' she though,'No need to lose yourself in the past. There's a war to pack and practice for. You can't be as slack as you have been these last few months.' And with that, she set her mind on training; wiggling out of the dress she though of as absurd, and ill-considered. Changing into a pair of pants with a thin over coat with high slits to let her move more freely and comfortably, enabling her to kick with ease, she quickly left her room. Walking with silent footfalls, she headed towards the gardens, easily avoiding anyone who happened upon her.

[Edited on 12/11/2003 by CarolP]
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2003 04:09
Saida grabbed Caun in a fierce embrace, but then pushed him away roughly. "What in the name of Eru did you think you were doing?" she snapped. Caun shrugged carelessly, unaffected by either her embrace or her anger. "I had to pass the place where she was sleeping. She would have heard, and I did not wish my presence to be known to any others until I had found you."

Saida's eyes narrowed. "Perhaps you are right . . ." Suddenly she turned to Iavaisil and held out a placating hand. "Do not fear. This is my cousin, Caun. I am sure he is deeply sorry for any discomfort he may have caused you," Here she shot a warning look at the blond ellon, but he merely looked away in disinterest. Saida frowned, then quickly replaced it with a smile as she returned her focus to Iavaisil. "There, no harm done, right?" Without waiting for an answer she steered them all back in the direction of the palace. She heard another approaching, and she prayed it wasn't Ivorcheneb. She'd have enough explaining to do to him as it was.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 12, 2003 11:54
White-faced, the messenger raced his horse through the forest. The closer he came to the palace, the more he cringed at the unwelcomeness of the news he brought with him.

Almost he turned back at the thought of Faevathor's reaction, but knew that the news would, one way or another, be discovered. Sighing to himself, the messenger knew it had better be sooner than later.

[Edited on 12/11/2003 by gwendeth]

[Edited on 13/11/2003 by CarolP]
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: November 12, 2003 04:24
"Do you know what my name means, Ivorcheneb?" she said quietly, "It means 'fortunate' . . . I always thought that was the cruelest stab of all." She pushed him away, but without her usual roughness. "Go . . . I need to get dressed and find Caun."

Ivor stood at her door for a long moment, wanting so much to go in and take Saida into his arms. He sensed that, finally, Saida had let him closer to her heart than she had allowed anyone in a long while. Only his fear that such impulsiveness would cause her to fortify the icy wall that she had built in protection of that heart caused him to think better of such actions.

Reluctantly, he turned away from her door and hurried through the maze of corridors which led him to Gil-Galad's Councilroom. He passed the armed guards at three different posts along the way. The heightend tension of Sauron's growing threat was evident, even here within the Palace. The Dark Lord's forces had been at Lindon's borders before, and the memory of that great battle lingered.

As Ivorchened thought about this past defense of Gil-Galad's realm, he past the last of the guards, receiving from them a salute of recognition. He bowed his head slightly--his long braid waving behind him--and covered his heart, returning the salute.

When he entered the Councilroom, his breath caught in his throat. Many Elven captians were gathered about the large table. At the head of the table was Gil-galad and his long-time friend Hîr Elrond. But this Ivor had expected... what had surprised him was that, also, there was the Númenorean King, Elendil, and his sons Isildur and Anarion.

Ai! This day just gets better and better! the crystal-eyed ellon thought to himself sarcastically. He had been among those who had helped to defend Gil-galad's realm against Sauron's attack, and he had dealt with the Númenorean's before. Ivor had always found them to be brackish and smug--too convinced of their own worth. He sighed deeply, then found his seat near the head of the table. Gil-galad nodded his greeting to Ivorcheneb, then turned back to the task of pouring over a large map that had been spread over the wide wooden table. Lord Elrond and Elendil each in turn pointing out tactics and possible routes as the room hummed with conversations.

Ivor smiled as Faevathor took the seat next to him. "Did you know they would be here?" Fae asked, nodding toward Elendil and his sons. Ivorcheneb's annoyance was evident in his light eyes. "No," he replied, shaking his head. Faevathor could not help but laugh at his friend. As the last few warriors arrived in the meeting hall, Gil-galad stood and the room quickly grew quiet--the very air was heavy with expectation.

"As you can see," the King began. "Here, gathered among us, are our Númenorean allies. Who, not so very long ago--at least to our people--were the deciding factor in the battle to save these very lands." Ivorcheneb watched as the Númenorean Prince--the one called Isildur--smirked arrogantly. The ellon stifled the urge to laugh out loud at Isildur's insolence, and quickly turned his attention back to the Elven King in order to avoid doing so.

"As you all know," Gil-galad continued. "Sauron has, once again, risen in the East...And his threat grows greater with every moment. There are no words in any tongue to describe the extent to which his power has grown...We face a difficult battle--to say the least--more difficult than any we have yet known." Ivor watched as Gil-galad's eyes grew dark, his brow furrowing involuntarily. "But, with the blessings of the Valar, we have--this time--the opportunity to destroy Sauron, and rid Middle Earth of his threat for all time."

Ivorcheneb looked about the room at the Elves gathered there. Many he had fought alongside in past battles, and all he trusted greatly. But the soldiers of Númenor worried him. Of the few gathered in the Councilroom--mostly representative ranking Captians--none seemed to fathom exactly what lay ahead for them all. Conceit and pride shone in their eyes, and none seemed to grasp that the fate of all the free peoples of Ennorath lay in thier hands.

As the meeting wore on, Hîr Elrond and Elendil speaking in turn with the King, a messenger was shown into the hall and was pointed in Ivor's direction. He approached quietly and whispered to Faevathor, motioning for the warrior to follow him outside. Ivorcheneb looked at Fae curiously, and his friend only shrugged and stood to follow the messenger into the corridor beyond.

As Faevathor exited the hall, Ivor turned his attention back to the discussion at hand.
moonletters
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2003 08:15
Cirya walked quietly into the garden, unawares of anyone else who happened to be there. She knew at this precise moment, that the king was having a meeting. A very important one at that. Many of the race of Men would be present, some of Númenor she thought. Two of them had been dignified, but the third was cockier. He was named Isildur or something silly like that. Ivorcheneb was also to be present, but when she checked in with the servant who was watching the meeting for her, he wasn't there. She knew he was an important figure, and would soon be her commander.
The servant had given her a funny look when she'd asked, which she interpreted as: “Who are you to ask me to watch here, and how do you know Ivor?” She guessed that the servant probably knew the man personally, otherwise he would not have known or cared if she knew him or not. It was surprising how much she did know of the other occupants of the castle, which was really not that much, but seemed to be much more than was normal for never meeting everyone of them. Which brought her thoughts back to the servant, and why he was there in the first place.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Earlier that day...
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

“Calacirya,” said the king and she wondered why he never used her nickname, “I will be having a council today with the leaders who will be in the battles to come. Many of them come from the race of Men while others are kin who come from distant lands. I ask you to stay out of the meeting,” and here she noticed the pointed. but somewhat amused, stare which told her he had noticed her eavesdropping the last time, ”for they may not take kindly to having a woman in their midst.” The king knew that this would probably inflame the younger woman, but he had no choice, he always told her the truth and she did the same for him; it was an unspoken agreement between the both of them that would never be broken.

Cirya did fume at this remark, but bowed her head and agreed to his wishes. She knew full well that it was not he who looked down on her, for he had taken advice and council from her before; but that did not stop her from being angered that her gender hindered the respect she was given by others no matter how she earned it. And so she said simply, “Yes, my lord, I will do as ye wish. Might I wander now a bit? I know ye have much planning to do.”

And immersed in his thoughts again, he gave a distracted nod and she bowed away from him and walked away. This is how she had found the servant, and convinced him to sit in on the meeting in her place.

Her thoughts now snapped back into the garden, and Cirya suddenly stopped, for she heard voices farther in the garden. Deciding that her training could obviously be done somewhere else much more quieter, she turned 'round and began to walk away. But the voices followed her, and her curiosity won out. She turned around to see what lay behind her and was startled by an inquiring voice.
“Who are you?”

[Edited on 2/03/2000 by moonletters]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email