Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Post Favorite LOTR Weapon
on: May 16, 2014 04:45
My favorite weapon is Herugrim, King Theoden's sword. Also Aduril, the bow and arrows of the Galadrim, and Aragorn's dagger that he uses to stab the troll in the movie.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
canopilindi
Council Member
Send Message
My favorite would have to be hadhafang, due to it's smooth design and it's mistress
However I also love narsil because it cut off the hand of the dark lord.
My final choice would be the elf sword thorin wields, yet I can't remember the name nether the less it's sick

-Commander arrows
Lol
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Thorin's sword is Orchrist. Narsil only chopped off one finger. Even that deserves respect.
Catorce
Council Member
Send Message
One of my favorite weapons in Middle-Earth is Glamdring, Gandalf's sword. The best scene of Galadrim was during the fight with the Balrog...
Olvar
Council Member
Send Message
Isn't the best weapon just the fact to refuse power, and so the ring ?
Mironiel_EA
Council Member
Send Message
Do Tauriel's bow and her daggers count?( I mean, I know she's not canon, but I love her weapons) I also love Sting.
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
Favorite? Gotta go with the classic: Sting. It's small, like me. And it glows. Ten points for that.
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I would like to mention a very underrated weapon.... The sword of Westernesse that Merry carried.

"So passed the sword of the Barrow Downs, work of Westernesse. But glad would he have been to know its fate who wrought it slowly long ago in the North-kingdom when the Dunedain were young, and chief among their foes was the dread realm of Angmar and its sorcerer king. No other blade, not though mightier hands had wielded it, would have dealt that foe a wound so bitter, cleaving the udead flesh, breaking the spell that knit his unseen sinews to his will.
-The Battle Of The Pelennor Fields
Book V - The Return Of The King

This passage is so powerful. The sword that undid the Witch King! The Dunedain, with their Numenorean skill, made some great weaponry. No, it wasn't elven-wrought, but the First Age knowledge of the Eldar was learned by the three houses of Edain, and Numenor was a mighty Kingdom, and this carried over to the Numenorean realms in exile. This nameless sword gets little mention. And I wonder what he who wrought it had named it. I love the lore!

It is yet another thing that PJ Boyens & Co totally stuffed up in their re-write screenplay ... eliminating the whole of the North-kingdom and any tale of it.

[Edited on 09/20/2016 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Lady Luthien
Council Member
Send Message
I love Narsil and Anduril after it. I also love Sting, slayer of spiders; the sword helped Bilbo, Sam and Frodo out heaps of times.
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email