Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910
Author Topic:
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: At the Edge of a Knife (see OOC to join)
on: October 27, 2004 11:42
((Hi-Ive been a dead loss for a while, i know and Im sorry but Im a little confuzzled because Wren said she would leave her live rp before she went away but it is not there so Im not sure.....I apologize Vende for not replying to your post. Also just to say this is after the WotR so little elves are in Lothlorien... )))

Lothlorien always had been said to be mysterious and modestly beautiful. The trees were portrayed in poems and stories created long ago as golden and elegant. A sort of magic once had drifted through. A great power intrancing and could bewitch minds. This was in the third age before and during the shadow's dance over Middle-Earth.
Evethire had not set foot in the fair forest since an age ago and his feelings were now different.
The trees were still obviously cherished by tender hands though their great branches were missing something. It was darker now even on the outskirts. The air still had a feeling of strength but the sound of singing was thin.
It was quieter, if that was possible.

The trek went on in a hushed fashion except for the creak of leather and the murmurs of the saddened company between themselves. Evethire glaced behind to see who was following. Aireon was there, which pleased him. Altariel would need her friends with her. Rovan rode beside her looking down towards his horse. Also his cousin followed. Eorlas was a good guide adn a brilliant companion at the worst of times. The faces were fimiliar but Evethire hardly knew them at all. As for Sila he couldn't feel all her pain but it struck somewhere. Then Aidem, he was glad to see. He was valient. His eyes caught for a moment and then brooded back on the turning path. Shadows danced on their trail. At least we are near to safe here Evethire thought.

The song was eerie and getting closer. A though flew into Evethires head, it once had been a dream "He was dreaming of a forest, a forest of tall green trees. Elegant elves walked through, calm and free. Then suddenly everything grew dark. The path through the once lucious trees was dim and fear raced in his mind."
It seemed almost real, as Altariel was fading into the darkness unreachable by anyone of the company. Fear did race in his mind for all their sakes and the guilt of his own will. Guilty of not protecting her. She had never been a fighter. She was delicate.
They reached a fork in the path winding on and on as far as the eye could see.
"Eorlas, which way?" Eorlas came up quickly shaking his head about to say something probably about Evethire being here before. Evethire was growing hazy and his wis were not sharp at all.
"I should say left."
"Would you lead as I have forgotten the way? Please" he whispered as his sight flickered.
He was deeply sorrowed by his friend. Tears were still at bay though.
With the judgement of Eorlas leading the journey sped up. Evethire dropped behind for a while still clutching Altariel tightly.

(sorry-im not sure what to write. Evethire will be more valient shall we say once Altariel is in the elves hands, he is just descovering loss...Could you all say if you are with Raen and Levi or with me coz im not sure who with Evethire, if i left you out now you know why...:evil)
Electra
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 10:08
The company passed quietly through the trees. Sunlight filtered through the golden leaves, dappling the dark ground with shimmering golden shadows. Never having seen the Golden Wood before the war of the ring Aireon found the forest magnificent and untouched by darkness. Although she knew the forest from stories past told, she saw no flaw in its elegance and wondered if anyone else heard the splendorous voices singing faintly in the distance. Noticing the draining sadness etched in Evethire’s stony face Aireon peered down again gazing upon Altariel’s pasty fair face, her cheeks lacking their pale rosy ting, and her lips tightened like a sun-dried raisins from pain. As the reached nearer, Aireon saw the waning light in her friend’s body, and heard the raspy breath issuing from her mouth.

‘Hold on my friend, just a bit longer.’ She thought desperately, although being a true optimist and much more strong willed than many assumed Aireon held no presence of gloom, but a fervent up-lifting demur.

"Eorlas, which way?" Eorlas came up quickly shaking his head about to say something probably about Evethire being here before. Evethire was growing hazy and his wit was not sharp at all.
"I should say left."
"Would you lead as I have forgotten the way? Please" he whispered as his sight flickered.

Comrades’ voices ripped her mind from a musing state. The forked road lay ahead. Three familiar voices entered her mind, as their visions stood before her. On her left stood her valiant father in all his glory telling her gruffly, “This road of habit will only lead you astray,” a comment well remembered. To her right a grouchy old hag she met in Rohan who booed Aireon for her pointed ears, and clashing crimson hair, “No one should bare the crown of blood like you, but perhaps your convictions will surely end in your demise my dear girl.” The voice sent a chill down her spine. Even though she knew none talked about the true roads beyond but about her life, Aireon felt they meant for the same purpose. In the center her mother’s calm and condoling voice issued from a beautiful sea-elf with waving golden hair, “You are bright my young one. As bright as a morning star, and your knowledge will not fail you. Use your best judgment in your choices and nothing shall go array. The Valar has a greater purpose for you yet, decide from the bindings in your heart.”

Suddenly the company veered left ‘No!’ her mind screamed as all her muscles tensed, long fingers visibly clenching Bainren’s reins. Not wanting to offend her best friend Aireon said nothing, only held her tongue. As they reached another fork in the road Aireon exhaled a long bated breath. ‘Thank you Valar for leading us right!’ Aireon thought in exasperation.

Trotting alongside Ëorlas she mentioned softly answering his furrowed uncertain brow, “Might we go right my friend, that would lead us down the middle road, I believe a more admirable path.” Ëorlas only nodded, a wondrous look in his eyes, as if speculating how she knew the way, although did not question her judgment.
Letting her steed’s reins’ loosen Aireon stepped in beside Evethire setting a rapid pace. The group now flew swiftly over the earth. Harmonious elvish song grew nearer still. ‘Not that much further now,’ Aireon thought. The golden leaved trees started thinning. A broad smile swept over her peachy crème face as they broke through the woodland edge.

Quickly dismounting their horses, Evethire gently lifted Altariel from his horse. Gallantly he carried the maiden with tear stung eyes toward the houses of healing. Aireon followed Evethire but her heart and feet stopped short at the beauteous site. Flowers and lush foliage stretched as far as the eye could see, and elegant homes intertwined with the tall trees while lanterns flickered like fireflies from their bows. Her azure eyes glistened as if reflecting the twinkling lights, as she stared into the trees. Exhaustion consumed her senses. For once Aireon realized how intensely tired she felt, as her head throbbed slightly and a faintness washed about her vision. Reaching a hand she gently fingered her forehead revealing a small cut at the base of her hairline. Knowing fairly well the small cut would heal in a day leaving no scaring trace Aireon worried not. Looking about the company her thoughts lingered on Ëorlas, as obviously did her eyes, for his gaze found hers and for a moment they stood silently.

(Finally I have posted, hope that was alright! Anyone is perfectly free to correct me on anything just trying to move the thread along! Oh and for later reference Aireon may be strong-willed, loyal and stead fast but even for all her strength she is very fragile, without really knowing it herself hehe)
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 01:59
[size=1]((Hey everyone - alright I am extremely sorry for the long delay for this post (see OOC) but here's what elfgirl and I have put together so far - thanks for some great writing and I'm looking forward to continuing this :love: Enjoy!))[/size]

Raen kept drifting in and out of consciousness as his horse carried him along. He was slumped in the saddle, holding onto the reins and mane tightly to keep himself in the saddle. Fortunately he had stolen a warrior's horse from Gondor and so the horse was accustomed to carrying wounded soldiers carefully and bringing them back safely. The usually flighty and wild stallion now stepped cautiously and moved as quickly as possible without causing his rider to lose his balance.

Every limb in Raen's body screamed in pain and he struggled to keep his eyes open. It felt like he had been travelling for days. He looked down at himself and through blurred vision all he could see was blood. He swallowed and glanced ahead, trying to clear his dark vision; he did not want to even think about his wounds. His clothes were soaked with blood and clung to his skin, his hair too was matted and plastered to his head. Visions flashed before his eyes of his brother as he began to relive every moment of their fight.

Suddenly his horse let out a neigh, causing Raen to jolt in surprise. After a few seconds he heard another horse answering faintly in the distance. The stallion picked up his pace a little at this and continued on, his ears pricked forward listening intently. A sigh escaped Raen's cut lips, as he knew that he was not far off from the company. Grabbing on tightly and taking a deep breath, he kicked his horse sharply and urged it into a gallop. He wanted to reach the company as quickly as possible. His knuckles turned white as he held on with all his strength, determined to stay astride his horse although it was proving very difficult.

Invisible branches hit him in the face and tried to pull him off the saddle as he past, but he clung on. Apart from it being night, it did not help matters that Raen could barely see and so he only hoped his horse knew where to go. Feeling the wind rushing at his face and his horse picking up speed he knew he was clear of Fangorn and galloping over the open plain towards Lothlórien. He knew that the company must be near the border of the fair forest by now.

After what felt like an eternity, his horse began to slow and finally came to a stop. Weakened by his blood loss and the gruelling ride, Raen slid from the saddle and fell to the ground. He groaned in pain and lay still for several moments, in too much pain to move. Closing his eyes, his thoughts flashed briefly to Levi’s figure and he knew he had to reach the company. Gritting his teeth, he rose to his feet. His horse had clearly gone ahead without him, delighted to be reunited with his companions and satisfied that he had brought his rider far enough. He stood unsteadily as everything began to spin around him. Once he was confident that he could stand still for at least a few seconds, he tried to determine where he was. Through his hazy vision, he caught sight of a few larger darker shapes and the odd flash of silver from the horses’ tack.

Staggering forward, he could make out that they were standing still; obviously they had stopped briefly when his horse had reached them. Stumbling, he slowly gained on them, falling as he went. His sharp hearing was not affected in the slightest luckily and so he could pick up the sounds of the horses and the rushing of water. He was able to work out that they were at the eastern edge of Lórien since the Anduin was the only river beside the Golden Wood. The cooling water sounded extremely tempting to him, however he knew he had to make his presence known first. Approaching the company he attempted to clear his vision by wiping his eyes and spoke to them awkwardly; he didn‘t really have much to say to them. “How is Lady Altariel?” Without waiting for a response he continued, “I suggest you enter Lórien now as swiftly as possible. The elves will already know of your presence and you will encounter them quickly. I will follow you presently…” his voice trailed off at the end, knowing he would have to think of a way in. He was standing some distance back from the group, using the darkness to conceal most of his wounds, apart from the moonlight, which shone upon his blood despite the fact that he was standing in the shadows.

His eyes swiftly searched for Ari and Sila, however in such darkness and with such poor vision he could not identify one individual from the next. Turning away from the company, knowing that Evethire would bring the company into Lórien at once, he walked as best as he could towards the sound of the Anduin. Every step was a struggle for him; he was still weak and longed to simply collapse right where he was however he would not give in until he was alone.

Ari's heart caught in her throat as she saw Raen staggering up to their group, speaking few words. She started to go to him, but something held her back. The fear of what she might find, the state he could be in. She didn't know what had been going on since she had last seen him, but he looked terrible. She didn't want to see him like that, didn't know if she could see him like that, but she knew she couldn't just leave him like that.

He tried to leave the group. She didn't know where he was going, but she knew she didn't want him to leave again. She didn't want to let him out of her sight again. She slid off her horse lightly, landing flat-footed on the ground, and sent her horse walking along with the others. She stepped lightly across the ground, trying to let Raen know of her presence but not crowd him. She didn't know if it was a good time for him, and she didn't want to get too close. She was sure this was him right? Not Levi? She didn't know why, but she didn't want to see Levi when he was in a foul mood. Maybe because he was so disagreeable even in a good mood.

She saw his unsteady walk, his limp, his uneven steps. He looked as if with every step he took, he was wilting to the ground as he went. She rushed up behind him and caught him as he stumbled over the uneven ground, and they fell to the ground as she fell under his weight.

From up close he looked even worse. His eyes were bloodshot, and he was more dirty and ragged than she had ever seen him before. She kneeled beside him, folding up his cloak and putting it under his head to cushion it against the hard ground. Her blond hair fell over her face, catching the moonlight and she saw how bad off she was. She wasn't as badly wounded as he, certainly, but she was travel stained and exhausted.

"I'm here," she said softly, as he looked up at her, a slight smile returning to her face. The same gesture was mirrored in his own. She had questions, so many questions, so many things she had to know, that she needed to know. Now just didn't seem like the right time. She thought of Sila's anxiety as they left, and tried to connect that to his present state but her mind was drawing a blank. She was so frustrated at being left in the dark but yet so worried at the same time.

Raen staggered as best he could, concentrating solely on staying on his feet and reaching the water. He thought he heard footsteps behind him however he didn't stop to listen again as he feared he wouldn't make it any further if he did. Just then he stumbled over something and fell towards the ground. As he fell he felt someone catch him and tumble down with him. He winced in pain and opened his eyes to see who it was.

Looking up, he made out Ari's beautiful face gazing down at him. He lay helpless for a few moments as he felt her take his cloak and put it beneath his head to support it from the ground. He listened to her soothing voice as she spoke and tried to smile in response. He didn't want her to see him like this, so weak and defeated. He felt an anger burning inside against his brother and against himself for allowing everything to get out of hand and that he was in such a condition. Never before had he found himself so beaten up and he knew that Levi was the only person capable of doing such a thing, as was he to Levi.

He tried to rise, but felt her delicate hand pushing him gently yet firmly back towards the ground. For once he didn't object, feeling the weariness wash over him, yet he still needed to get to the river to wash away the blood and hopefully some of the shame. His cloudy eyes gazed up into Ari's and he mumbled softly, "I'm sorry Ari," his voice dropped to barely a whisper, "I'm sorry." He looked away briefly into the darkness, his heavy eyelids closing. He felt smothered, suffocated by the darkness, like it was thick smoke choking him, getting thicker and heavier with every breath.

Ari shushed him, putting a finger to his lips in an effort to silence him, not wanting him to hurt himself by attempting to talk. As far as she could tell he was talking nonsense, about being sorry for something. She brushed his hair back to from his face, touching her fingers to her lips and then pressing them down gently on his forehead. She sighed lightly, wondering what she was going to do with him out here, separated from the group.

A flash of something, perhaps anger, or sorrow, or doubt, as she realized that she would be no help to him. Something inside was tormenting him, clawing to get out, and he seemed less than willing to share with her. Her shoulders slumped with fatigue, the last few days weighing her down. Her eyes were heavy as she stared off into the distance, trying to stay awake for his sake but exhausted all the same.

Raen felt Ari trying to hush him yet he only remained silent for a few moments, merely to gather enough strength to speak once more. He felt that he had to talk to her; there were things he had to let her know, yet he didn't know how. He felt himself falling into endless dark once again and struggled desperately to remain conscious, fearing that he might not have the strength to reawaken... he was so weary. "I love you Ari," he whispered, "Never forget that..." he began to drift off once more and he grew limp.

Suddenly he managed to pull himself together amidst his whirling thoughts. He was not prepared to just lie here and let Levi win. He was not going to leave Ari like this or his infamous life either for that matter. He would not be bettered by his brother. Whether Levi was still alive or dead he would not give him that satisfaction. With a weak yet hard glint of determination, he opened his eyes and did the only thing he knew that would bring him back to his senses quick enough. He sat up and began to rise from the ground. The painful tug at his wounds send sharp jolts right through him, causing him to bite his lip extremely hard to silence his cry.

Sitting upright he looked over at Ari and although he could not yet see clearly, he was able to make out that she was not in the best of condition and he could see by her figure she was weary. Softly he murmured, "It is time for you to rest my love...do not fear for me any longer, I shall be alright…but I must..." he trailed off into slurred speech and stuttered "water," at the end. He reached out with a shaking hand in the direction of her face and felt her hand clasp his. He smiled faintly and gripped it tightly before dropping it once more.

Knowing he could not walk, he began to crawl towards the sound of the water. He was still burning a consuming fire of rage inside at his helplessness and it only became worse with every step. Cursing as he went, he felt the dirt mix into his wounds and sting furiously. Finally in one last cry of anger, he yelled as loud as his lungs would allow and collapsed for a few moments, too angry and tired to go any further. This was not supposed to happen. He was never born to be the defeated peasant and never found himself in such a position in his entire life. It was obviously not settling with him well either as he wasted his energy in anger instead of survival. He thought he heard Ari come near him and quickly made an effort to speak as loud as possible, "No! I must do this alone Ari! You need to rest and recover your own strength. I shall not stoop to the level of one too helpless to do anything but breathe!"

Gritting his teeth he toiled on and heard the sound of water grow louder. Raen's proud and arrogant streak had come through now where he would refuse any help, his mind switched into the serious train of thought of an assassin. Those who cannot do things for themselves don't deserve to live and let others work for them. If they are not fit for life, life is not fit for them. Labouring on, he felt the ground turn damp beneath his palms and with one last surge of energy made it to the cool water at last.

Ari bowed her head as he commanded her to stay back. She respected his need for space and to do this alone for the time being, but she was still worried about how he would be holding up. Knowing Raen, it would not be unlikely for him to be in great pain, and just not be willing to show it on the outside. He could be next to death for all she knew, and the reigning doubt of Levi's whereabouts was still close to her mind. She couldn't figure out why Raen hadn't been more worried about his brother being missing.

She hoped Sila was okay, that the others were taking good care of her. She had seemed so distraught, so hopeless and Ari had no idea why. It bothered her that something was that wrong and she had no clue as to what it was. So many things in this peculiar situation were not adding up and no one seemed willing to explain to her. She wanted some answers.

She glanced up as Raen collapsed by the side of the water. His elbows gave out and he fell, face forward, as she let out a cry and took several steps towards him. Once again he called out for her to stop, although quietly, weakly, this time. She had no clue what he was thinking in his present state and just wanted to be able to talk to him. That seemed a big request for the present situation.

Raen felt himself immersed in cool water as he collapsed and lay motionless for several moments, too weary to care if he drowned or not. The icy water washed over his wounds, the cold stinging yet cleaning them all the same. He lay there hoping to wash away not only the blood and dirt, but his guilt and shame also. He felt so defeated, like a beaten puppy in the streets yet still unwilling to admit defeat. He heard Ari behind him and protested once again though his voice was cracked and barely a whisper.

He could feel Ari's frustration at being left in the dark about everything and concern from behind him and sighed, knowing he would have to talk to her. He owed it to her, whether he liked it or not. He was only trying to protect her, yet he began to realise it was beginning to have an opposite effect and was only upsetting her. He lay back in the water for a while longer, trying to clear his head and forget about his pain. Once he felt he was able to gather enough strength to sit up, he rose slowing into a sitting position, wincing as he did so. Feeling dizzy, he put his hands firmly on the ground to steady himself and swallowed in determination.

Glancing behind him, he motioned for Ari to come closer to the water. She reached his side quickly, obviously relieved that he was no longer ignoring her assistance. However he made no attempt to move and just sat silently, staring into the darkness in silence. Everything that had happened was just a blur and he needed to straighten things out in his own head before he even attempted speaking to Ari. Reaching out with a shaking hand he grasped her's and gave a weak smile, his drained pale face studying hers for a few moments before glancing ahead once again.
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2004 04:48
Sila was in a daze. She sat limply in Tasar's saddle, letting the horse decide where she wished to go. Sila heard the voices of the company--the remaining company, she corrected herself painfully--but she couldn't seem to make out anything they said. She felt as if they stopped for a moment, and a voice she hadn't heard in a while cut through the haze of shock around her. Partiallly, anyway. Who was that? she asked herself. It was many long minutes before it registered in her mind. Raen... Suddenly Sila was in control of herself again, and she looked around wildly for her friend. But he wasn't there.

Neither was Ari.

Sila reined Tasar in a bit and looked around more carefully. But Ari was certainly not there.

"Where is Ari?" she asked Aidem, who was riding closest.

"Ah, well she's back there a ways--"

"Thank you." Sila turned her horse around. "I have to make sure she's alright!" she called back to him. She frowned as she trotted back and saw that he was riding with her. "What are you doing?"

"Not letting you go off alone." he answered gruffly.

"Ah." Sila nodded, scanning the darkness for Ari's horse. "There!" she exclaimed to herself, and nudged Tasar forward until she was standing next to Ari's mount. Sila dismounted unsteadily and walked around. "Ari?" she called softly. Aidem sat on his horse, trying not to look as if he'd had any sympathy whatsoever for the distraught girl. Sila heard movement by the stream, and hurried over. She saw Ari and...someone else. His dark hair fell into his face, and when the two of them looked up at Sila, his dark eyes looked like black holes in the night.

Levi! Sila muffled a frightened scream and stumbled back a few steps. Then her brain started to plod along and she realized that Ari wouldn't be helping Levi so tenderly, and in fact probably wouldn't be helping him at all. Sila gulped a couple times, tears springing back into her eyes.

"Raen?" she asked timidly. A tired but familiar voice came from the riverbank.

"Sila? Are you alright?" Sila nodded, relief flooding her that Raen was alive, combined with the somehow terrible thought that Levi must be dead. But she drew herself up regally.

"I'm perfectly fine." she declared in her best noblewoman's voice. "And I would just like to tell you that I shall certainly listen to your advice in the future."

And with that, everything that Sila had gone through that afternoon and evening rushed through her mind, and she collapsed.

((Vende, I'm SO sorry for dragging Aidem with me, but poor Ari can't take care of both of them alone! Besides, I figured he needed SOMETHING to do! :love: ))

[Edited on 8/11/2004 by Rosie_Gamgee]
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2004 01:01
Rovan didn't really care if Levi and Raen came with them to Lorien or not. He barely noticed Aireon taking place by his side. His eyes were gazing at the road in front of him, his mind absent. Hi barely was thinking at all. This used to happen to him over the past four years, and always after another useless fight with orcs. Fight, that roused his rage but gave no comfort for his aching soul. And killed a hope, again and again...

Even Anto had noticed that and tried to walk as smoothly as possible, as usually after fights.

Rovan had no idea about the time that had passed, until a soft song reached his ears. He slowly came back from the blackness to find the group already dismounted. He hadn't noticed they had stopped... And he was the only one still on horse. It was difficult to move. With a sigh, Rovan heavily slid off Anto's back. He looked around... And his eyes grew wide. WHAT was this place?! It looked like an enchanted forest from his mother's fairy tales. There were inmensely large trees, their trunks shining like good silver, the leaves above his head seemed golden, the whole nature was sparkling!

"I must be dreaming. This day's fight has left too great impression on me," he thought to himself. Did he say the words aloud? He didn't know. "Ay, Faldin..." he whispered the name of the one that was always on his mind. Rovan shook his head and rubbed his eyes, trying to awake. The trees were still there. Rovan frowned. What was the meaning of this. Was he going insane? No wonder. He looked around. Nothing in this place seemed familiar to him, as if he suddenly had been taken from his world and placed into another one. His heart started beating faster. Grabbing the hilt of his sword, he cast a careful look around.

"Where in the Middle-Earth am I?!" he said to himself.

((OOC: don't be surprised. He has never been to Lorien, and the elves he is travelling with are the first ones he has seen so close!))
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2004 05:35
Aidem had halted his horse a small distance away from Sila's, watching as she dismounted hastily and hurried to the stream where two figures, presumably Raen and Ari, were huddled. He also dismounted, but made no move to go any further, trying to figure out why he had suddenly felt the urge to follow Sila anyway. Because of this he missed their conversation, quiet as they both were and only looked up in time to see Sila fall limpy to the ground.

Aidem stared in shock for a moment, not recalling that he was probably the only one among the group with the strength or will to move, before hurrying hesitantly to where she fell and kneeling beside her. He glanced at Ari and Raen, somewhat confused before putting a hand to his forehead in frustrationg and though, muttring to himself. Aidem looked over at Raen again.

'So did you two have any plans on trying to catch up with the group or were you just going to sit sopping wet with stream water all night? I'm not a well-educated man, but something tells me that would only worsen your condition. Not to mention the fact that someone just collapsed,' Aidem added as an afterthought.

((A little short, I know, but Aidem's just bewildered right now.... So sorry!))
GreenEyedElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2004 03:32
The tall Mallorn trees with their golden leaves loomed above their heads like sacred pillars through the dusk as they pursued onward. Ëorlas sat silently riding at a quick trot behind Evethire and Altariel. The animal had gone long without much food or rest, but he felt that the horse's will had lost none of its potency. He and Arodas had been friends for ages, and Ëorlas never considered himself to be, or ever be, the master of him, only good companions. Remembering the time they met. It came after Ëorlas had departed the Golden Wood after a journey Northward when the world was not yet consumed in shadow and the great kings of old still lived in lordly magnificence.

With a flare of excitement still lit in his eyes, Ëorlas tried to recooperate from the goblin attack. There was a silence among the company again. Even the birds who were finding their homes for the night dared not to break the mode. He suddenly found himself unable to take his eyes off the woods, for the trees were still as elegant as he remembered even in the dark of night, and it gave him a sense of belonging, but a power which was once strong almost bewitchingly glorious that Lothlorien usually possessed was no longer present. Sadness filled his thoughts to ponder its fate and if there would be anyone left to speak of its beauty hereafter.

Soon elvish voices of song lingered vaguely on the air. They reached a fork in the road and Evethire halted to look back at Ëorlas. He saw his cousin's grim face and listened as he spoke.
"Ëorlas, which way?"

Quickly shaking his head with a smirk on his face, Ëorlas rode up beside Evethire and peered in both directions.
"I should say left," he said without contemplating the matter too long. Gladly complying to take the lead from his cousin, Ëorlas then slightly picked up the pace.

A small smile curved on his lips when Aireon came to his side, acknowledging her presence.
"Might we go right my friend, that would lead us down the middle road, I believe a more admirable path," she said, juggling glances between him and the paths ahead.
Ëorlas nodded, a wondrous look in his eyes, as if speculating how she knew the way, although did not question her judgement. After traveling for years together he couldn't recall a single time when her judgement went ill. He wanted to quicken the pace they were riding so that Altariel could receive the medicine she needed sooner, but a haze clouded Ëorlas's mind realizing how weary he'd become. Leaping from his horse to land on the mossy turf he decided it best to walk the path, hopefully surpassing the tired spells that struck his body. Evethire had dismounted as well, letting Altariel rest in the saddle. Aireon too quietly slid off Bainren's back. Rovan stayed on his horse, a gloved hand holding visibly onto the hilt of his sword. The blade glinted lightly in the moonlight.

Ëorlas heard him mumbling and could only decipher a single sentence and possibly someone's name.
"I must be dreaming."
The tall elf smiled, watching the man search his surroundings, and replied cheerfully to Rovan after a few moments.
"Nay, this is no dream, but these enchanted woods are enough to make one think it!" He sighed. It was then that he realized, looking back at Rovan, that Ari and Sila, even Aidem were gone. Halting to make it know to the others they stopped and hadn't an inkling as to where they had run off to.

"They can be accounted for along with Raen and Levi later. We must get Altariel to aid." Evethire voiced, pulling gently on the reins of his steed.

Ëorlas nodded slightly to his cousin and started off again. Elvish voices were soon heard as they approached the house of healing. Lanterns lit up the path with amber light in the darkness. Evethire carried Altariel into the hut and Ëorlas stopped just outside, deciding not to follow. He held his hand up to eyes and found two parallel cuts on the back. They had bled slightly and with long graceful fingers he studied them further, but found that they would heal in no time. Just has he touched the wound he almost winched in pain but held it back as he saw Aireon gazing over at him. His eyes lingered on her and found it difficult to look away. Impossible even. The lanterns lit up her face vaguely outlining her features and red wavy hair spilling down her shoulders in a neat, yet messy fashion. She stood elegantly staring at him through the dim flickering light with soft blue eyes that held worry. Ëorlas could see it in her eyes, her uncertainly of Altariel's fate. He embraced her in a hug and began to whisper into her ear that Altariel would be fine and better by daybreak. Ëorlas drew back as he saw Rovan approaching.
"Any luck of spotting the others?" Ëorlas asked as the man dismounted his horse, Anto. He appeared to be still enthralled with Lothlorien's aura.

(Hey guys great posts!:heart: Oh, and sorry if I got a little carried away with the emotions Ëorlas had when entering Lothlorien! Cheers!)
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2004 03:25
Evethire dismounted from Blethian roughly, letting Altariel flop gently forward. Blethian would protect her. Aireon and Eorlas were leading their horses also in front. Evethire was beginning to cheer as a light flooded over the path as they drew nearer. The melody were reaching a loud din, it was beautifully written.The arcs of the tune were like a meanding river.
The lanterns marked their way towards their temporary destination, the healing hut.
Evethire looked back at Altariel, her eyes were closed but her life was being twidled with by the magic that lived in Lothlorien.
They stopped nearby and Evethire went ahead. He slipped Altariel's limp body off the steady Blethian who stood patiently. She felt cold as stone. They walked hurriedly into the hut.
It was dimly lit and smelt of the most wonderful herbs imaginable. The first vision to hit Evethire was the numorous colinders of plants and liquids. His heart was racing and missing beats.
" Cormamin lindua ele lle Evethire son of Elethir. *My heart sings to see thee* Im am glad to see you reached us." The voice was steady and calming. It belonged to an elf, he was dressed in shimmering white, long and loose.
"I am glad to have your aid, dear friend" Evethire replied weakly.
The elf came forward and took Altariel and smiled to Evethire
and then whispered deeply "She will be fine, by the promise of the Valar she will be fine." He turned and then Evethire took his leave from the hut.
The weight of Altariel left him physically and mentally. He stood for a moment to listen to the quiet mumblings in side between the elves. He didnt feel as empty.
She had to be alright
He sighted Eorlas and the others. They had not seen him yet.
He took a few steps away from them just to catch up with reality.
Everywhere was blooming and elegant. The boughs of the trees intwined gently chatting with each and bowing happily. Their curious colour was in many legends and it always took a moment to take in. After a while he walked back to the rest of them.
"Any sight of Sila and Ari and their company?I hope they are alright. If they dont return in a while I sahll look for them. Altariel will be there for the night. Are any of you injured." He was addressing Aireon, Eorlas and Rovan as they were the closed.

(Thank you for posting-they are all wonderful. Thanks for moving on-i was delayed with computer problems.)
GreenEyedElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2004 08:49
Ëorlas took a few more steps back from Aireon when he heard Evethire's voice. He hadn't noticed that his cousin had already appeared from the hut and it startled him a little. The dark of night was now about them and he wished he had a better perception of the time.

"Any sight of Sila and Ari and their company? I hope they are alright. Are any of you injured." He was addressing Aireon, Ëorlas and Rovan.

Turning his head back toward the ground Ëorlas remembered the cut on his hand. No healing remedies would hasten the recovery of such a mere scratch, he rationalized. Before turning and walking up to Evethire, he looked around the forest for any sign of Sila and Ari.

"No.. I believe we've lost them." Ëorlas started as he stopped in front of him seaching the scenery once more.
"If they don't return in a while I shall look for them."

"Amin nauva auta Evethire. Altariel needs you by her side tonight." Ëorlas voiced just above a whisper as he put a gentle hand on Evethire's shoulder.

*Amin nauva auta - I will go
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2004 02:03
"Amin nauva auta Evethire. Altariel needs you by her side tonight." Ëorlas voiced just above a whisper as he put a gentle hand on Evethire's shoulder.

Evethire's brown eyes concentrated on his cousins. He was right, he was always right.
He nodded "You are right. Thank you, for doing everything you have on this journey. It has saved many problems."
He turned and looked away towards Aireon standing a little away "Also Aireon, she has been great."
Looking back he continued in a strong tone "Maybe it would be good to look for them. Who knows what has happened. They cant be to far away. I think Raen is back with some of the others but Levi, I haven't seen. Have you?" Eorlas shook his head. "He might be with Rean."
"Maybe someone could go with you." After a pause "Thank you." He gave an encouraging smile and then left to talk to Rovan.
Rovan was nearby and with his horse.
"Are you injured or indeed is your horse?"
The man looked up.He looked a little surprised.
"It is amazing here isn't it? I haven't been here for a long while. Have you ever been her before?"

~>>---->~
((This feels weird))

Altariel's coughed fiercly. A poison caught in her fragile throat. It tasted like a hot mixture of treacle and a vile liquid. It mad her slutter and cough. It was spreaading everywhere in her body. Her mind ammediatly thought of orc draught. She was dying. She almost wished for the pain and suffering to leave her body. Stop the struggle, let her go and leave the pain of living. She waited, her mind was calm but everywhere was screaming in pain.
The elf looked at her. He was worried for her state. She looked so weak and delicate.
Her eyes were closed. Her breath was almost gone. He ordered for some herbs to be brought. Some other elf ran quickly out of the hut. Crimson blood stained her clothes. The injury seemed to be worst in her thigh.
He made a drink from the herbs. This would helphis staedy voice muttered.Then he turned to the other wounds. He cleaned them and bandaged them as best her could.

She felt pain everywhere. It throbbed like a rushing heartbeat. She couldn't remember what had happened. Her eyes remained closed as she listened for a sign of life. No noise was around. "Where was everyone, was she almost dead?"
Her breathing was still shallow. She was completely confused. A deep sleep waved over her again. Her head drooped.

*Amin nauva auta - I will go.
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: December 10, 2004 01:00
[size=1]((Alright everyone sorry for the disappearance (long story which shall go in the OOC where it belongs ) but anyway here is a post - I'm afraid it does drag out in places however I hope you enjoy nonetheless and let's get back into the swing of things! ))[/size]

Raen began to shiver as he sat in the icy water and shook violently, yet he had neither the strength nor energy to move. His lips turned a deep shade of blue and his teeth chattered uncontrollably. Despite all of this, Raen was barely aware he was still in the water or where he even was. His mind was millions of miles away; thoughts were swirling around as hundreds of different voices screamed at him, each memory trying to be heard first.

Just then he felt someone squeeze his hand and he opened his eyes wide with a jolt. Glancing over, he found Ari staring back at him and he relaxed once more, now brought back to reality. He sighed deeply and knew that they needed to move soon... it wasn't safe to stay here too long and he knew it was going to take him a long time to get anywhere if the struggle to the river was anything to go by. Swallowing he realised just how thirsty he was now that his senses were beginning to return and cupped some water into his hands. Once he had rinsed out his mouth and taken a drink, he splashed the water over his face.

He saw Ari looking at something over his shoulder and he too turned to see what or who was there, an iron fist gripping his heart tightly as he silently hoped it wasn't a foe, knowing he would never be able to protect Ari like this. It was then that a figure appeared into the moonlight though still some distance away from the bank. Raen thought he saw another figure further behind, although he was not sure. He felt a wave a relief wash over him as a small delicate figure stepped into the moonlight, clearly belonging to a female.

"Raen?"

As he heard the familiar voice he felt a wave of relief wash over him. However he waited for her to come closer, until he was sure that this was not some illusion. He answered as loud as he could, his voice urgent, though every word appeared to fall to the ground in exhaustion, "Sila? Are you alright?"

Straining his eyes, he tried to make out her figure as best he could. He wanted to ensure that she was not injured and had recovered from her ordeal, for which he continued to curse himself about. Finally she had come close enough for him to see her properly and he sighed thankfully as he saw she was without any major injuries, although she was somewhat pale and distraught looking.

"I'm perfectly fine." she declared in her best noblewoman's voice. "And I would just like to tell you that I shall certainly listen to your advice in the future."

Raen couldn't help but let a small smile curl at the edges of his mouth at Sila as she answered him, acting like a true noblewoman from the tone of her voice. He closed his eyes and nodded slowly at her last remark, wishing it were true, but knowing her stubborn nature to know it would not last for long until she made her mind up about something else. However he was content that she would listen to him for now perhaps. He was about to reply, when Sila suddenly collapsed to the ground, clearly everything had taken its toll on her and become too much. Although he had to admit that his strong willed friend had suffered and gone through a lot more physically and emotionally than many others had and that was only in one day alone.

His weary and lethargic mind began to slowly work as he wondered what he could do. Clearly Sila needed attention yet he couldn't walk and Ari was extremely exhausted and unable to bring Sila and herself safely into Lothlórien alone. However he did not need to worry for much longer as Aidem appeared and knelt down beside Sila. Raen did not know when he had been happier to see the thief apart from back in the prison where he had first befriended him.

'So did you two have any plans on trying to catch up with the group or were you just going to sit sopping wet with stream water all night? I'm not a well-educated man, but something tells me that would only worsen your condition. Not to mention the fact that someone just collapsed,'

Raen did not reply at first. He realised he was going to have to figure out just how he was going to get into Lórien, however he considered Ari and Sila much more important as he always would and decided to worry about himself later. Anyway, he reckoned now that the fair forest had declined rapidly in population, that he would not have too much trouble with the remaining elves. With any luck they would not recognise him. He turned to the situation at hand and quickly made a few decisions. Both Ari and Sila needed immediate attention and so the most important thing now was to get them safely into the forest.

Turning back to Aidem he answered hoarsely, "I already said I would follow presently and I shall once I am fit to do so. However you are right and so we must get Sila and Ari into Lórien," He smiled at Ari before glancing over to Sila's limp body with concern. She had been through more than her fair share of trouble... even if she did sometimes bring it on herself. He shook this thought out of his head as quickly as it came. It had been Levi's fault not hers and so he was rightly paying for it; paying for allowing his brother to spiral out of control and not being there to protect her from him. Raen's anger was not about to subside anytime soon, although unlike his brother, he was able to keep it under a firm rein until it was safe to unleash it.

Turning back to the others, he softly gave out a few orders, yet he had a steely determination in his voice, one that clearly stated there was no room for argument. "Ari, you must leave me now and go with Aidem and Sila into Lórien," He paused, still weak and caught the look in her eyes before continuing, "Please, you must do this for me my love. You have helped me greatly but now it is your time to rest and it is not safe out here. I shall be alright now, trust me." He only hoped she did.

He now looked at Aidem, "Can you manage to bring Sila into Lórien on her horse?" He didn't doubt the thief in the slightest, but he just wanted to reassure himself that everything was still in control and that everything would be alright. He felt a nagging worry in the back of his mind and grew frustrated. Raen rarely ever worried about anything in his life, (except perhaps how long he had to wait for his ale) preferring to take everything as it hit him, yet he knew that the future was hazy and just this once, he needed to know what was coming.

As Aidem carefully lifted Sila off the ground, Raen caught Ari's wrist and gripped it tightly before she rose, speaking to her in a faint whisper one last time before she left, "Look after Sila - she will need you once she awakens. I know that..." He hesitated for a brief moment, "I know that I have left you in the dark for a long time... too long, but I promise that I shall speak with you once it is safe and you have rested." He glanced around where he sat almost as if he was looking for someone. "But you must also promise me that you will rest and stay within Lórien's borders...Take care," He kissed her on her forehead following with a kiss on her lips, although a weak one. Releasing her hand he motioned for her to leave.

He watched their figures fade away and did not attempt moving out of the river until they had disappeared within the trees and were a fair distance away. Sighing deeply he mustered as much strength as he could and crawled out of the water. Dropping to the ground once again, he lay motionless by the bank, too exhausted to do anything else. At this point he no longer cared either.

After what seemed like half of the night had slipped past when in fact it was only an hour at most, he finally decided to check on his overall condition, feeling his energy return a little. His eyes had thankfully cleared and he could now see much better although still not perfectly. His body was torn and scarred, the fresh wounds still bleeding, or least bleeding once again after crawling from the water. He was in so much pain it was hard to move, yet he knew that he would have to do something about them soon. Biting back the urge to cry in pain, he slowly pulled his shirt off (or what was left of it) and used a knife to tear it into strips. He had not the strength to tear it with his bare hands.

Firstly he washed the makeshift bandages in the river and then placed them on his leg so as not to dirty them on the ground. Feeling along his belt with his fingers, he searched for something. A rueful smile crossed his face as his fingers wrapped around the small bottle of ale he carried. Tempted as he was to drink it, he needed it for a more important purpose, one he was not going to enjoy. Unscrewing the top, he took a small sip just enough to wet his lips before turning to the first wound on his leg...

This time Raen really did roar in pain as the alcohol seeped into his wound, no longer able to bear the pain in silence. Setting the bottle down, he swiftly bound his leg with a bandage and secured it with a knot before continuing on, wanting to get it all over with as quickly as possible. With every wound he tackled, he cursed Levi even louder. Now he did not blame anyone who created such a fuss by his rough methods of healing; not that he had healed many, but enough to remembers the screams and roars of intense pain. A rogue's methods were not the kindest or most effective, but it was enough to keep you alive... most of the time. It was one of the reasons he always left his wounds open, but even he knew he couldn't leave these wounds like that unless he wanted to bleed to death. He did not fear pain or death, he was just not ready to go yet; not without a fight.

Forcing himself to continue on, he did not stop until he had bandaged as many wounds as he could reach and he ran out of cloth. Opening his mouth to drain the bottle of the remaining ale, he was disappointed to find that there wasn't even a drop left. With a heavy and weary sigh, he decided it was time to move. His wounds stung ferociously as he crawled towards the trees yet he laboured on until was underneath a tree and out of sight. He was not about to make himself an easy target for anyone. Lying still for several long moments with his eyes closed, he listened to the still of the night. The deathly silence hanging in the air like a knife waiting to strike.

Raen felt his eyelids grow heavier as his body begged for rest and sleep, but he fought as best he could. Raen never did sleep when he knew it was not safe to do so and he was not about to now. He had never been so vulnerable in his life. Deciding to see if he could stand, he reached up to grab hold of the tree and very slowly rose to his feet, inch by inch leaning against the tree with all of his weight. He gave a satisfied smile and let go of the tree to see if he could stand alone. However he had clearly overreached himself and was asking way too much of his heavily injured body on top of all of the night's events. With a blackened rush, Raen felt himself falling and his limp body hit the ground with a thud.

[size=1]((Well much as I hated doing it (Raen is killing me right now for it! ) but i had to make him faint as there is no way he could have gone on any longer having lost so much blood without passing out - it is amazing he lasted so long! Anyway best if you all leave him be - he'll come round himself and the rest of you just relax in Lórien now and get to know one another!!!))[/size]
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2004 12:58
(This is going on alittle but you can fill your characters antics in)

A deep draught kept Altariel in a slumber.A dream caught her minds eye, a tasteless image.
It was misty. A thick black mist had dropped. It was smothering brightness. The air was chilled and stinged her cheeks. She was alone standing as still as the beautiful statues that were keeping Lothlorien. She wasn't frightened just curious at the silence that lingered.She was looking towards the sky when the mist cleared. The stars were threatened. The lake water lapped to break the solitude and quiet.
Then suddenly she saw Serithion galloping from a foe, riderless and frightened. The lake still lapped and then gurgled like a river.Though someone was missing from the scene. She knew this.

Altariel woke feeling feverish and ruined. She sat up. A glowing light impaled her brown eyes like a whip across the face. Her eyes had not seen proper light for a long while.She looked around slowly. The motif on the one small statue was pure brilliance. She had heard of it. Her eyes then hit upon a young elven man who was sitting near her. He obviously had not noticed ahe had awoken. She lay back down as the strength in her wa diminishing. He looked up.
"M'lady, how do you feel." He got up and came forth.
In truth she was senseing the terrible pain again in her stiff limbs." He nodded looking at her grieved face.
"May I have a glass of water" she finally said. He bowed and turned away.

(Sorry it is of boring status-not quite sure what to write at the mo.)
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 05:29
((Not the greatest post, I know, but it's the best I can come up with for now.))

Aidem nodded in response to Raen's query before kneeling and carefully lifting Sila's limp body off the chilled ground. Ari still knelt beside Raen as he carried Sila over to where their horses stood.

With a rather frustrated sigh, Aidem hoisted Sila onto his horse's saddle, concluding that there was no way to get her to remain seated on her own unless he tied her there, which he would have no intention of doing even if there was some rope handy.

For once his horse was being decent towards him and didn't shy away when he mounted as well. Aidem assumed that Ari would ride Sila's horse which would be helpful as it would allow them to find the rest of the group more quickly. That, at the very least, was a plus. It was unfortunate that Sila had collapsed, though; so many in the party were already injured and those who weren't didn't seem in the best state emotionally. Not to mention the fact that it was rather awkward for him to be riding double with Sila. Perhaps he should have let Ari take care of that; they seemed somewhat close, at least more well-known to each other than Aidem was to any of them.

Aidem shook his head and brought himself back to the present and waited for Ari to join him.

((Sorry, can't go any further without Ari, who I assume will go with Aidem. I certainly hope so, as he has no clue where he's going. ))
GreenEyedElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 02:59
(This a combined post from Electra and I. Hope you like it! Sorry we kinda moved ahead a little!)

Ëorlas was glad that Evethire complied with his offer to remain here with Altariel while he went to search for their noble companions. A smile of satisfaction spread on his lips. It surprised him how easily Evethire submitted to his request, but somehow Ëorlas knew it was for the good. He didn't know how long the search could take and what if Altariel woke up without Evethire there to comfort her. Surely, he could not replace his cousin in such a strong bond of friendship.

"Maybe someone could go with you." After a pause, "Thank you." Evethire gave an encouraging smile and then left to talk to Rovan. Ëorlas nodded and watched him disappear into darkness where Rovan stood with his horse. For the first time he realized how quiet the woods had grown with the dead of night upon them, though it wasn't a maddening silence, more of a peaceful slumber. His keen ears struggled to find the slightest bit of noise that might hint to the direction of their comrades, but there was nothing. Over the soft moss and gravel pathway Ëorlas walked toward Aireon where she stood holding her arm with the opposite hand. She gave him a pretty smile when he stopped in front of her, but it soon faded to a worried expression which he could tell she tried to hide.

Catching Ëorlas’ glance she turned toward him. Watching Ëorlas walk toward her, she rested one hand on her elbow. Smiling prettily as he stood in front of her, however the smile washed away into a troubled expression. Biting her lower lip, she tried desperately to hide the fact, but his blue star penetrated her own.

"Now, now...." Ëorlas mumbled in a low comforting tone that had a hint of sarcasm in it. "I've known you far to long to be oblivious to that look in your eye." He watched her glance rest on the ground as she sighed, crimson hair falling into her face. Ëorlas grew more serious and he knew she was not in the mood for any sarcastic remarks. "I know you're worried about Altariel Aireon, but she'll be fine. Evethire is going to be right by her side the whole night and I told him that I would look for the others."

“I know,” she replied softly. Lifting her head, she pushed a lock of crimson hair from her creamy face. Losing herself in his eyes once more, finally the last piece of his words ran through her mind again, ‘I would look for the others.’

He paused when she looked up into his eyes. "Would you come with me? Don't feel that you must though, it is merely an offer."

For a moment her gaze faltered, something lay in the depths of his eyes. A shard of black scattered across the blue abyss. “Aireon?” his tentative voice shattered her conscience. Her warm gaze narrowed, and her nose crinkled with disapproval, “No!” she spoke drawing back. Then turning her face toward the ground she shook her head. Crimson curls swishing about, “I’m sorry,” the harsh tone was entirely drained from her voice.
Ëorlas's breath caught abruptly in his troat as he saw the emotions Aireon could no longer control. A confused and concernd look crossed his brow when she forced herself to look up once more.
Peering up at him again there lay tears in her azure eyes, threatening to fall, but she would not let them. Pausing she inhaled a deep sigh, brightness returning in her face. “They will return, don’t worry,” a small reassuring smile crept over her scarlet lips. Laying a delicate hand on his shoulder she finished, “Please don’t go tonight.” Ëorlas opened his mouth a few times like a gaping fish. Starting three times with three different beginnings but couldn’t refuse her. Sweet laughter issued from her mouth like a song bird’s chortle, “Can you not speak now?” grasping his hand she said light-heartedly, “Come on I want to show you something.” However Ëorlas for a moment stayed still, entirely taken aback from her stern refusal to go search for the others. Aireon felt something sticky beneath her hand. Twirling back around, she glanced downward. Removing her fingers she saw blood upon them. “Now you absolutely won’t go looking for them until I fix your hand.”

“Aireon- it’s fine, truly,” he protested as she grabbed his other hand and pulled him along toward the houses of healing.

“No it’s not,” Aireon gave her rebuttal. Ëorlas gave a small sigh muttering something such as, ‘Women,’ under his breath.

“Ah the lovely Aireon,” spoke an elven man dressed in regal silver garments, “Returned again I see.”

“Yes,” she spoke forwardly with a matter-of-fact tone, “The gentlemen’s hand needs tending to. Would you happen to have any spare supplies?” The he-elf glanced from Ëorlas to Aireon momentarily suggesting that he heal Ëorlas but decided against mentioning for the young lady seemed quite capable. “Here you are Miss,” the tall he-elf answered handing her a bowl filled with steaming water smelling strongly of herbs, clean bandages and other knickknacks. “Thank you,” replied Aireon, leading Ëorlas outside.

With bowl under one arm, and cloths under the other Aireon let go of her dear friend’s hand. Guiding him down a dirt pathway through a thicket Ëorlas followed in good humor, asking “Where are we going?” out of curiosity.
“We are heading, here.” Finished Aireon, halting in a grove of trees. Turning around she smiled sweetly. Glancing upward at light filtering through the ash colored trees. “Isn’t it beautiful,” Aireon mentioned setting down the supplies and spinning around with her arms stretched wide, her hair the color of a blood red sunset whirled about her. Stopping Aireon weaved slightly but regained her balance quickly. “You should try spinning, it’s very invigorating,” she told him with a laugh. A teasing smile played upon her lips as she locked eyes with him again. The golden light glimmering within his deep blue orbs gleaming like a perfect blue sky. Ëorlas could only laugh and smile back at her merriment. Clearing her throat Aireon broke the gaze. Kneeling down, she picked up the supplies. “Please be seated,” she offered, holding out a hand toward a rock.

Lifting his hand, she let the wound soak in the seaming herb bath. As he rested his hand the the water it started to bubble slightly, turning a thick milky color. Ëorlas raised and eyebrow and looked on with uncertain eyes. He had never seen such a remedy. “This is just a slight cut. Aireon you really don’t need to do this.”

“Yes, and you may just get a slight infection if I don’t. While you left me on your travels I met a man who lost his entire left hand to a rose thorn in his thumb,” she contradicted with a sarcastic grin, knowing she could always win in their arguments.

Opening a small blue bottle, pouring the essence onto a clean cloth, “This may sting a bit,” she commented lifting his hand from the solution, and dabbing the wound gently with the cloth. His cut hissed and foamed slightly as Ëorlas gritted his teeth determined not to let the pain show, “Sorry, maybe a bit more than I expected.” Rapidly opening an amber bottle she emptied a watery solution over his blazing cut. Ëorlas then let out a sigh of relief as Aireon wrapped his hand with a clean cloth. “There you are, should be good as new by morning.” Looking into his eyes once more Aireon blinked repeatedly feeling weariness wash over her again. Yawning she spoke softly, “Please don’t go tonight. If they do not return by day break we will surely search for them,” with a grin she added, “You may wake me as soon as the sun shines over the mountain peek,” Lowering herself onto the soft mossy ground, she finished. “Come lie with me, the stars are most glorious tonight. And I dare say I doubt to get a wink of sleep.” They stared up at the stars, as Ëorlas spoke to her, pointing out constellations to her.

Long ebony lashes fluttered, as her lids slowly lowered. Aireon soon fell into a deep slumber. Dreams flooding her mind:

Colors flashed before her eyes. At first calm, muted creams, yellows, and placid goldens. The heavy reds, dark stone greys, and shards of black. Then everything suddenly became pitch black. Slowly color arose, as if from a spiraling hole. The golden creamy color. A honey hue spiraled about with a steely blue.

A marmalade sky lay out before her...then wait there was blue steel lines running through the beauteous sky. They were bars. Was she caged? Trapped in something? Aireon tossed in her sleep turning over, thrashing at the ground.

The dream came back again, white this time. She couldn’t see anything. And then, something. There was a misty blue wavering like water. Black shards appeared, like the unclear blackness within Ëorlas’ blue eyes. Then wait, the black objects molded into forms. Aireon saw black birds flying upward, about a larger black figure. The figure was a person. But who? The person was falling, collapsing. No! It couldn’t be! Aireon’s mind panicked as the name she knew so well rang out in her head. The name she loved and cared for so dearly: Ëorlas.

Aireon sat bolt upright. Cold sweat beads glittered upon her face and arms. Her chest heaving, as her eyes blinked growing accustom the bright daylight arising. Dawn had come. Whipping the sweat from her brow, Aireon rose.
“Are you alright Aireon,” Ëorlas asked, concern evident in his low voice, still weak from sleep. His voice startled her as his hand touched her cold arm. “Your freezing.”

“I’m fine,” she replied gulping. “Have the others returned?”

“I have not yet checked, I only just woke. Are you sure you’re alright,” Ëorlas’ eyes lingered on her pallid face, drained of color.

“Yes,” continued Aireon, “We must find them.” Grasping his hand not bandaged she raced through the trees toward the clearing. Ëorlas jolted forward and ran with her back to the healing house.
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 12:03
(Thank you for that wonderful post, it is wonderful! )

Evethire sat a little away under a tree waiting for news of Altariel or the others. The night lapped in and draped the trees in a deep mauve. The stars were astonishing. The eyes of the past
Evethire stood up at the din of light footsteps. His head drooped to the ground as they stopped and he heard voices.

“The gentlemen’s hand needs tending to. Would you happen to have any spare supplies?”

It sounded like Aireon and Eorlas, he guessed. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath that caught in his chest. He was worried and couldn't enjoy the beauty of this amazing place until his friends and companions were safe.
He felt someone's presence nearby. He opened his eyes to see the young elf standing looking at him pouting.
He muttered in elvish "You look perturbed." Evethire raised his head "I'm fine thank you"
"Thats what your cousin said." Evethire nodded and smiled to think of his stubborn cousin.
"Is there any news?" The elf nodded. "She is well and awoken by confusion it would seem."
Evethire felt a swell of happiness. The elf continued "She should rest and not be troubled with what events happened." Evethire frowned at him. "You are right but can I just see her?" The elf bowed "So be it"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evethire left towards the hut. The dim blue glow surrounded him from the beauty of the trees. It still was mystical even though the Lady of Light had gone across the sea.
The place was quiet and his footsteps were lightly repeated.
Altariel was lying down in her bed near the entrance.
He went over and stood silent beside her. Her eyes were closed but a tear was ardent. It hung like a crystal.
He spoke in a deep steady voice, reassuring and calming "Altariel?"
She opened her eyes and sat up. "Evethire" she was smiling at least. "Oh Evethire what has happened."
Something tightened in his heart. "Altariel, you need not to worry now.You need rest."
A tear made of fears ran down her cheek, alone. She hung her head in sorrow and grief. "Is everyone okay?"she stifled quietly. Evethire stared at her pallid being and replied "No" as quietly as he could. This was a key to the truth and a wave of sorrow. Her face now flooded with tears. "I saw them, someone missing, in danger and Serithion running from a foe." She looked up and steadied her gaze on Evethire. "Something is working with evil or we will have bad times ahead." Her voice was unusually deep and stressed. "Evethire I cant tell you what I feel but I'm worried.Who is missing that I have thought of?" She paused and caught his eye.
"Altariel you need rest, I will not speak of the worst, but I know this, nothing is going to be easy but we shall face it if it comes our way." He stood up and took her cold hand.
She nodded and then calmed a little asked "Where are Aireon and Eorlas? Are they okay?"
"They are as well as they can be and you are not to worry, please, don't worry.I shall be here." He let her hand slump to her side and with one last glance he left the healing hut.
Altariel lay back down and tried to drown her thoughts away.
The elf returned with her required water and shook his head in dismay as her eyes closed again in sorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~

Evethire went back to the previous sitting place a little perturbed with what she had said. The sky had turned darker.
He too felt tired from the ride so he lent back to the trunk and sleep waved over him.
He woke from what seemed like a few hours sleep. It was still early and he could hear little movement. He wondered where the company near or was it just the small collection of elves pondering their peaceful lives. He rose and walked towards the place where the members had assembled the night before. No one was there. They must have not returned yet.
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 03:44
[size=1]((Okay huge thanks to Electra for Cara and Aireon's parts in this :love: It was great to write with you again! Now I believe that at last we are ready to continue on with this...))[/size]

Raen's eyelids flickered groggily open before quickly shutting tight against the blinding sunlight once again. Adjusting to the bright light, he opened them once more and found himself staring straight up at the branches of a tree, high above his head. A loud groan escaped his dry lips as he felt the stinging pains all over his body and the throbbing in his head. He rolled over and stopped with a wince, forgetting entirely about his wounds. He very slowly and carefully sat up and took in the area around him, trying to think of just where he was.

With a rush, the previous night's events came flooding back into his mind, causing his head to throb even more. A sinking feeling filled his stomach as he thought of Levi and felt a wave of anxiety flood through him when he realized he didn't know where Ari or Sila were. However after a few moments, once he had worked out exactly where he was, he realized that they were inside the forest being well cared for. He then remembered Altariel's poor condition and knew that the rest of the company bar Levi was in Lórien too.

Sighing deeply he knew he was going to have to find a way into Lórien and join them soon. He had a feeling he would be alright since there were very few elves left however he could not be too sure that a few wouldn't recognize him. Deciding that he needed a drink to quench his parched mouth first, he rose stiffly and made his way very slowly down to the river again. The ale had cleaned out the wounds from any possible infection from all the dirt however they did not make the healing process any easier and so with a great deal of pain he managed to walk unsteadily over to the river.

Splashing some water on his face and drinking the cool liquid from his cupped hands, he sat on the bank and wondered how on earth he had managed to get himself into such a mess. He couldn't walk far that was certain and he felt weaker than he had ever done. Being a very impatient person he knew that he wouldn't find it easy to allow his wounds to heal. Besides he didn’t have time to sit around doing nothing when he didn't know exactly what had become of his brother... whether he was dead or alive.

Suddenly he heard a twig snap. Cursing his stupidity for not listening out for anyone as he normally did, he quickly reached for a dagger and rose to his feet as best and swiftly as he could. He did not know who was there but he was not about to give them the impression he was weak and vulnerable, friend or foe. The dagger shook in his hand slightly under the strain and he called out in a cracked voice, "Show yourself!"

A brown leather boot stepped first from the underbrush. Raen tried to stand as calmly and still as he could, not afraid of who might emerge from the bushes, but wondering how much strength he could muster to fight them with if needs be. However much to his surprise, a tall woman emerged from low hanging branches, light ginger hair cascading over her shoulders instead of a threatening foe.

“Cärendil why do you insist on hearing things, when you hear nothing at all. You do calculate the factor which you are human and not an elf” called a male voice behind her. Pushing back the branches a he-elf surprisingly almost fell over a root protruding from the ground, as his startled eyes set upon Raen’s crumpled figure quivering with dagger in hand exclaiming a small “Oh” in exasperation.

“I hear nothing do I?” repeated Cärendil mockingly, her sweet voice playing amongst the trees. The elf only grumbled in response. Advancing on Raen slowly without a weapon unsheathed, the girl's light green eyes flickered over his many wounds.

“Cara, you silly girl don’t go near it, you’ll surly provoke it to strike,” stated the elf standing back skittishly.

Raen listened in silence to the male elf and the maiden argue and watched them with suspicion, however he was too weary and weak to even bother answering the elf back, when he was addressed as an 'it'. He did not really care what they wanted, he just wanted to be on his way to rejoin the others and to make sure that Ari and Sila were safe.

“He is a human, not a thing,” retorted the maiden irritably. Stopping abruptly before him, early dawn rays played amongst her appearance clad in doe colored riding pants, and a fitted rusty colored blouse, with an overlying green vest bringing out the unique spring green of her eyes. Kneeling a few feet from Raen she seemed unafraid of his wobbling dagger pointed directly toward her chest. “Are you alright?” she asked calmly.

Raen did not respond, but neither did he remove his weapon. He was quickly debating in his mind whether he should try and make an escape or if he should remain where he was and see who these people were and whether he could use them as an excuse to get into Lórien. His gaze flickered back toward the elf before fixing his eyes on the female in front of him once more, trying to remain as steady as he could in his condition.

“I will not harm you, Sir. What is your name?” her tone sounded soothing and sweet, however Raen still would not answer, but shook violently under the weight of his small dagger. Her crimson lips pursed in thought patiently awaiting an answer, yet nothing came. Not leaving his intense gaze she informed the he-elf, “Alert the other two, this man is badly injured and must see to aid.”

“But, he may be vicious. At least he looks vicious,” replied the he-elf.

Raen would have laughed at this, however his injured and weary mind was still registering everything that was going on and he wasn't so sure he wanted to stick around for whoever these 'other two' were. He had by now worked out that they must be guards of the woods, however although they were no threat so far, he did not want to be surrounded by guards. He took a wary step back and narrowed his eyes. Now that the tables were turned and he was the injured one, he was instinctively acting cautious and distrustful of everyone and everything around him. He couldn't afford to take any chances.

For a split second Cärendil whirled her head around, “Go!” she repeated. The he-elf jumped at her command, running off through the thicket.

Raen took his chance, lashing out he uttered a single word, “No!” He would not be taken for a weak or helpless man. Charity was never something he took lightly, or if he could help it, something he took at all. He prided himself in being a rogue and an accomplished assassin, depending on nobody but himself and whoever's lives he took that paid him, for all of his own crooked and unpredictable life. He thrust his dagger forward towards her, yet it was only half-heartedly done and more of a warning than anything else. He may be a rogue, but unless he was paid to kill a maiden, he was a gentleman towards them most of the time.

The dagger flew at her chest. Nimble fingers caught Raen’s wrist before reaching her. Stiffly taking the dagger from his grasp she wrestled with him, keeping him from hurting himself more than her. “Hold still. I won’t hurt you. Your injuries need tending to.”

“I am not going anywhere. My wounds have been tended to already and I need no further help," Raen answered stubbornly in a cracked voice. He felt her take the dagger from his fingers, yet he did not have the strength to protest too much, already he was growing dizzy yet again.

“You will if I have anything to do with it,” voiced Cärendil, “I don’t care who you are or what your name is, I’m not letting anyone die on my watch, a valiant man or villain. That is for Lórien’s council to decide,” she told him, applying only enough force to hold him back (which wasn’t much considering his condition). Letting his fists drop limply, she grasped about his waist. Picking him up as lightly as an elf, she slung him over her shoulder. Carrying Raen through underbrush, twigs and branches was an ordeal in itself. Raen squirmed and attempted to free himself as much as he could.

To his utmost shock, Raen suddenly found himself being carried by the woman on her shoulder. He knew he was very skinny and light being a poor ruffian, but still, he was being carried by a woman. He struggled to get away, however it was then that he finally realized how undermined his strength had become because of his wounds. The ferocious energy and anger in his mind just wasn't being transferred into his actions. Blood loss and pain made him weak and slow minded. He focused on one aspiration: freeing himself, although it wasn't exactly going to plan.

Vaulting Raen onto a golden mare, the maiden mounted the horse with ease, seating herself behind him. Giving up the struggle he realized this girl might just be his salvation and solution for entering Lórien without conflict.

Slipping a slender arm gently around the man’s waist she lightly held him upright, not wishing to further his injuries, although kept a cautious eye on his movements.

“Who is he?” one of the guards asked as Raen’s head began slumping.

“I don’t know,” she replied. The girl’s voice was the last words he heard, as Raen drifted into unconsciousness yet again.

Upon waking his black eyes narrowed, he heard elvish morning songs. Brilliant golden light glittered over the trees. The dark earth littered with fallen leaves glowing like a golden stream. The four on horseback entered through a glade. Only then did Raen realize they passed through Lórien’s thorny edge. Evethire, Rovan, Ëorlas and Aireon welcomed them at the clearing.

~*~

Aireon halted beside Evethire glancing about franticly for a sign. ‘Had the others returned?’ she thought desperately. Soon her question was answered as the weary stragglers entered. Aidem’s horse clomped heavily, followed closely by Ari and Sila. Obviously Sila collapsed on Ari’s horse, her head bowed low, as her figure weaved astride the steed. The group rushed toward them, helping each from their equally tired animals. Kindly elves guided the rest of their company toward the healing houses. The four followed closely behind, making sure each was carefully looked at before leaving them alone to rest. As they exited Aireon noticed Raen was not with them. “Where is Raen?” she asked seeing as a few hours passed from whence the company regrouped.

Again her answer swiftly bounded through the trees. A sturdy golden mare broke through the thick foliage. Her blazing blue eyes veered directly at the slumped figure. “Raen!” she gasped breathlessly. Leaping from her spot, Aireon hurtled toward the guards. Evethire, Rovan and Ëorlas strung along behind. “Is he alright?” asked Aireon frantically.

“He will be quite fine I believe,” replied a sweet voice melodically. Gazing upward, the figure steering the magnificent horse came into view. As the beautiful maiden’s ginger hair flowed about her lightly tanned face with glittering green eyes, Aireon noticed Ëorlas was not in fact staring at the horses rippling muscles but instead enthralled with the girl. Clenching her teeth, Aireon smiled politely hiding her jealousy. ‘Why should I feel this way? He is my friend...just my good friend, she compromised. “Pardon my manners, I am Cärendil,” the maiden shook hands with Aireon and the others. Hearing noise from atop the horse, they all realized Raen finally woke. “He must see to a doctor right away,” she informed them.

Raen spent the rest of the journey drifting in and out of oblivion and soon he could not determine what was real and what was a dream. There were voices in his head, some were distant and some almost too loud. Images flashed before his eyes, both ugly and beautiful. Finally he felt the horse come to a halt and he glanced up wearily. He saw familiar faces and after a few moments he recognized them as to the other members of the company. Sitting up straight he tried to look much better off than he was and give the impression that he was just fine. Turning back towards the woman who had brought him into Lórien, her name just slipping his mind he replied, "I am just fine now and I do not need to see any healers. I thank you but you have done enough and I do not need any further assistance." He had now brightened up slightly, but it was just enough for him to regain his stubborn streak and he wasn't going to go anywhere without an argument.

Cärendil chuckled, “As your friends may have noticed you may be stubborn and quite strong but your audaciousness will not save you from blood loss. And if I may say, your own bandages are wilting, no mater how carefully done Raen,” her brows furrowed hoping she caught the correct name from the red-head, feeling slightly nervous around the numerous beings, who obviously knew this man. Dismounting her mare, she offered Raen a hand, which he deliberately refused still squandering his rebuttal. “They will show you to the healing house,” the maiden motioned to two he-elves draped in flowing white attire. Taking the reins of her horse she started strolling away, steering her horse toward the stables; thinking this man must have been of some importance being welcomed by so many. However his cautious reactions toward her help stuck in the back of her mind; never something a noble would have done. Hearing footsteps coming up behind along the walkway she turned around...

Extremely disgruntled by his whole situation, Raen dismounted from the horse as swiftly and painlessly as he could, ignoring any attempts of assistance. Glaring at the guards, he reluctantly followed them, still without any intentions of going to any healer. However, he knew that he had to tread carefully within these trees and draw as little extra attention to himself as possible.
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 12:00
Aireon rushed up to Evethire in a flurry. She looked puzzled and anxious. She probably had the same thought that evethire was thinking "When would they return?"
Evethire raised a hand to pat Aireon sypathetically on the shoulder as a horse was heard. It was Aidems horse,then the others appeared. They were weary not doubt butEvethire drew relieved just to see them. As they got nearer it was apparent that Sila had collapsed.
Evethire rushed forward and helped Ari and Sila off the horse. Other went to aid Aidem. To the healing houses they went and Evethire followed suit after waiting a moment to see would Raen and Levi return but the coast was clear. They hopefully were to come soon.
He left after seeing that they were looked after to the highest degree.

“Where is Raen?” she asked seeing as a few hours passed from whence the company regrouped.

Evethire was to reply but once again his actions were faltered as a mare was approaching towards them. She was the colour of a swift golden sun rise. Aireon pelted from he standing plavce and ran to the horses side. "Raen" she gasped. Evethire ran too. It was Raen thank the valar.
The rider upon the horse who accompanied Raen was very beautiful. After looking over his friend Evethire looked at her and was astonished. She was clad in pale coloured clothing and her ginger hair it seemed was bound in pure wealth, it shown. He soft green eyes turned to look at Aireon. This lady was radient with beauty and Evethire couldn't quite take his stubborn eyes off her.
She spoke “Pardon my manners, I am Cärendil,” the maiden shook hands with the whole company surrounding the valient steed. Evethire smiled and bowed his head in respect.
Then it was apparent that Raen woke.

“He must see to a doctor right away,” she informed them.

He sat up to Evethires surprise and told the maiden differently. He was not convinced, Raen seemed to be more alert than in the few moments that had passed but he obviously had gone through some toils. However raen was stubborn and nothing could change such a trait.

Cärendil chuckled, “As your friends may have noticed you may be stubborn and quite strong but your audaciousness will not save you from blood loss. And if I may say, your own bandages are wilting, no mater how carefully done Raen,” The maiden now named as Cärendil dismounted. Evethire felt below this sweet soul. He moved a step away. She left with the brave horse. Evethire watched her go until raen brough him back to his senses. Evthire offered a hand but was refused with a look from the dark eyes.
Everyone watched as he followed reluctantly towards the healers. Most unlike Raen Evethire thought.
Aireon was standing beside Eorlas, Evethire took the opputuity to leave the throng to see could he see either Altariel or hopefully someone else....

(( The posts so far are jaw dropping quality,meaning they are amazing and thank you...the new characetr is wonderful Electra ))

Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 05:38
Rovan was watching the arrival of the lost mebers of the group from more or less a distance. Although he had travelled and fought alongside with them, he had not grown attached to them. So instead of helping them to the Healing Houses the Rohir went to the weary horses to see after them. He frowned at the elves who came to take the mounts, preferring to be left alone to care for the animals. But nevertheless he went with them, insisting that he lead his own stallion.
He came to a building he could swear could never be a stable. It was made of the finest wood he had ever seen, with intricate carvings. A wide white door led to a large round inner yard covered with clean white sand. I the walls of the yard every now and then a similar white door was set, but smaller. Rovan counted over 50 such doors. There were several elves brushing or excercising horses of different sizes, ages and genders, but all of the animals looked exceptionally well kept. They were strong, full of life and energy, their short hair shining as they moved. Involuntarily, Rovan's eyes went to his own tired mount, his coat covered with dust and sweat. Anto looked in his master's eyes as if he understood and shook his mane bravely: I am not worse than they are! Rovan patted Anto's neck and followed further in the stable yard. Several elves cast concerned glances at the worn horses but went on with their own duties.
The three elves that led the horses of the travellers stopped at one of the doors. As it opened, Rovan saw a small room with six stalls, only one of them taken. Everything was remarkably clean, the floor was covered with fresh hay, in the corner of each stall there was a wooden bucket with clear water. All the horses were unsaddled and gently led in the stalls, where the animals first drank their fill, then started to eat hungrily. Roval listened to the soft, flowing language, as the elves gently talked to the horses, stroking them, comforting them in the new place. It occured to him that he would like to stay there if he were a horse.
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 11:27
The sound of the many voices, chatting left his ears. He now followed the sound of hooves. Soft and delecate hooves. He was not rushing as he did not want to be noticed yet.
He was being aimless but he had some longing to see her....Cärendil.

The night had passed soundly and Altariel's slumber was not disturbed all though elves walked silently to and fro.
She sat up, her back suddenly got the rush of cold air. It stang for a moment as the damp sweat chilled. She swung her legs to the side of her bed and buttoned up her clothes. She couldn't stay here any longer. It felt like years. She ignored her pains. An elf came in, he was the young elf who had brought her water before.
"Miss, steady miss. Where are you going?" he sounded concerned.
"Well I thought a walk might do me some good and also Im sure this bed is needed. Please may I se my friends?"
He looked disturbed, he wasn't supposed to let her go and he was surprised at her strength. "Well if you can walk and are not feeling painful.." Altariel stood and took a feeble step and fell onto her bed. "Your injuries were not small" He smiled and lent a hand "Come I shall come with you."
Altariel strode leaning on the young elf. They talked of Lothlorien and other far off lands, Altariel had not thought
about for an age. He was very benevolent but she wished to see Evethire and Aireon and good old Eorlas and not to mention the infamous company but as far as she could see they were not around.
"Aran, khila amin." A gruff looking elf had come up to them and requested Aran to go. Altariel understood and looked at Aran. He smiled and said in elvish he had to go but she should be okay.
He left away and she continued on in search of Evethire.

Evethire could see the stables as he approached and saw the many horses being tended for. Cärendil had come this way but she wasn't visible now.
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 01:50
[size=1]((Major thanks to Rosie dear for this :love: Here's something to get this going again at a gentle pace - now that we're settled in Lórien for a while you have the liberty to move around the forest and do as you wish (well within reason if you're thinking Raen & Levi style ) so now's the chance to establish conversations with people who you normally don't ))[/size]

Raen followed the guards towards the healers, a scowl firmly set upon his face. He did not appreciate the fact that the guards were keeping pace with him and watching him from the corner of their eyes. He was finding it increasingly harder to escape from them as when he slowed down, they did too. Glaring from side to side he began to rack his brains of a way he could get rid of them. A small grin spread across his face and he halted in his tracks and glanced at both of them. Shifting from side to side he spoke quickly, "I hate to inconvenience you but I am afraid nature calls and I cannot afford to wait. I know my way through these fair woods and I can easily catch up with you."

Neither of them seemed convinced, but then elves never were whenever Raen addressed them. One of them stared at him before replying slowly, "We shall wait here for you."

Raen nodded, not put off in the slightest and turned to walk through the trees. As soon as his back was turned he grinned with delight and swiftly began to put as much distance between himself and the elves as he could. The thought of them both standing there waiting for him when he would not return cheered him up immensely.

Now that he was free of them, he began to wonder where he had actually planned on going anyway. It was then that Sila and Ari sprang to his mind and he knew that he had to find them. Guessing that they would be at the healers, he realised that he was going to have to go there anyway. However at least he could hide from any healers who decided to look after him. He walked as quickly as he could without over-tiring himself and watched the trees ahead with alert eyes.

Switching to the frame of mind of the assassin he was, he used his skill of sneaking around undetected to get past any elves he came across. It was not long until he reached where the healers were located and he drew closer. Surveying the scene for a few moments, he leant against a tree to regain his breath and to steady his weak legs. He could feel that if he did not sit down soon his body would fall for him. Cursing his aching wounds and blood loss he gritted his teeth and moved in closer. Silencing his cries of pain as he ran by biting his tongue hard until he could taste his blood, he reached the healers and began to search for Ari and Sila.

Sila was sitting up in her bed, awake but not really appearing so. Ari was in the neighbouring room, either sleeping soundly or just being very quiet. Sila couldn't hear even the slightest hint of movement coming from her friend's room. It was all she could do to keep her mind off of everything that had happened. She wasn't sure how long it had been - time could have sped up or stopped entirely for all she noticed or cared. She was weary - not physically, anymore, but emotionally and mentally. So instead of moving or thinking, she just listened, and wondered absently what all the noises were. There was one - someone walking in the corridor. But then it stopped. Either the person had gone out of her hearing range, or they had stopped walking.

Then, Sila's door opened, and she tried to summon the energy to look at whoever it was. But she knew, with a bit of sadness, it wouldn't be him, which was silly, considering all he'd done to her. She sighed quietly, and the person in the doorway spoke in a rather familiar voice.

"Sila?"

Raen sighed with relief when he saw Sila in the room, but he frowned when she didn't respond or move and went to her side to see if she was alright. He could barely remember her condition from the night before but the images that flashed before his mind were enough to tell him that she would be extremely wounded emotionally if not physically too. Again he saw Levi's eyes in his mind and he felt his anger rising like a raging fire, however he suppressed it knowing that it would do nothing but waste energy which was crucial to him right now.

He sank down at her bedside and put a shaking, bloody hand on the clean white sheets before removing it when he saw that he was leaving marks all over her bed. He looked into her face with concern and whispered softly, "Sila? It's me, Raen. Are you alright?" He wondered whether she did not want to speak to him after what had happened and added, "Just tell me you're alright and I'll leave." He sat down on the ground to steady himself and waited anxiously for an answer.

Sila blinked slowly, still staring blankly at the wall across the room. She didn't want Raen to leave. He was the only person who knew what happened - she needed him to stay. She reached out her hand and, without looking away from the wall or moving any other part of her body, started feeling for Raen's hand. She was saved further searching when he grabbed her hand with both of his. It reminded her of when she used to get sick as a child, and her oldest brother would sit with her and tell her stories to make her laugh. Tears sprang to Sila's eyes, and she held on to Raen's hand tightly.

"Don't leave me alone..." she pleaded, her voice soft and raspy from stress and weariness and held-back tears.

Raen grasped her hand firmly with both of his and squeezed it gently in comfort. He remained silent for a few moments, unsure of exactly what to say to her, rarely finding himself in such a position. He realised that he was crossing new territory in his life all along the way of this journey and being thrown into situations he never thought he would have to face. He was still finding it difficult to deal with them all, being injured the hardest to accept and letting Sila down the toughest to live with. The only thing he was sure of was that he could never let it happen again. Raising his eyes to look at Sila he whispered softly, "It's alright Sila, I'll stay as long as you need me here."

"Thank you." Sila snuggled down in her covers, more at ease than she had been, and feeling ready to sleep. She felt secure, and through her rapidly increasing sleepiness, she fancied that she was a little girl again, back home with her favourite brother watching out for her. "G'night, Perrie." she murmured as she drifted off to sleep.

Raen frowned slightly but didn't make a sound. Instead he tucked the covers closer around her and kissed her on the forehead. "Sweet dreams Sila," he whispered softly. He remained there until she had fallen into a deep sleep, his own eyes growing weary of fighting rest themselves. Gently slipping his hand from hers, he rose and quietly left the room. There was one more person he had to search for before he could finally admit defeat and lie beneath a tree in a deserted part of the woods and that was Ari. He needed to make sure she was alright too. Glancing back at Sila sleeping soundly, he closed her door over and walked away to search for Ari, careful not to run into anyone else.
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2005 09:41
"Cärendil?" Evethires voice rang out echoing of the stable walls. Only the moving horses answered in low snorts and grunts. Evethire walked a few steps. She had to be here.
"Cärendil, are you here?" his voice was strong but affectionate.
He came to the end of the stables and saw no sign of her,only the precious grooms were there working delecately with each beautiful horse. She obviously was a maiden of mystery.

Altariel walked slowly through the bowing trees feeling generally at peace. It was so quiet now that she was alone. She wondered where everyone was. She was idally walking when she heard Evethires voice. He was calling for someone. She went closer. He was looking for a maiden. Evethire had never spoken of this name before-Cärendil, what a unique name.

Evethire strode back stopping to pat Blethian before moving back into the shadows of the trees. Altariel was waiting for him. He was a little surprised to see her.
"Cormamin lindua ele lle"* he spoke and gave her a tight hug. Altariel was glad to see a friendly face she knew and dearly loved.
"Lle ume quel" she replied grasped with joy. He took his hands away and ammediatly the warmth gave way. He was smiling. "Im glad you are well Altariel" he spoke in a deep voice as if to show his strength. She just smiled and asked of the events she so wanted to know.

"Well the battle was fierce. Our opposition were trolls and it was all in a deadly wood. We have some amazing fighters and all the foe were slaughtered.Then I raced here with you accompanied by Aireon and Eorlas. The others followed later."

They had sat down under a mallorn tree, right in its twisting roots.

"Hows Levi?" she asked before she could stop herself and quickly continued "and Raen and Sila, Ari and Rovan, Eorlas and Aireon...oh I hope they are well. Do tell me Evethire, everything and anything."
"Well Sila and Ari is in the healing hut and Raen I have bearly seen but I suspect he has been caught by the healers and is getting some oitment for his ailments."Evethire smiled at Altariels soft curious brown eyes. She looked so innocent and young.
"and Aireon and Eorlas?" not showing her curious mind of Levi.
"They are off walking the land and addressing their own concerns." Reading her eyes he added "Levi has not returned yet but we still hope, something happened out there and I had gone ahead...Im not sure what happened but Im sure if you asked Sila or Ari they may know."
"No, I dont think I should bother them yet. Though that is terrible news, but Im glad the rest are fairly well."
She stood and looked far away into the forrest, away from Evethire who gazed up at her.

"This journey has proved a bad place for me. All for the sake of a harp and some ruddy treasure. I hope it is worth it." she looked back at the elf."I shouldn't have come."
He stood up "Its not for you skill with a blade, I brought you but for a companion and also you gave you life to me-you swore it in front of the company. We cant leave the treasure for the evil to find, it braced a power that we cannot share. The stone is precious and if you are willing to help me I would be glad. Or you can cease in your tracks and not come with us." he lowered his voice when it came to the journey's goal. he caught her by the shoulders"You dont have to come Altariel." She looked sideways. When she was ailed, her mind was running through her reasons to live how she could grasp live agin. Her heart had panged at the though of ...Levi, no she daren't say a thing. He wasn't hers....

Finally she replied "I shall come dear Evethire."

They walked slowly back to the entrance of the healing huts.

((*my heart sings to see thee))
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: August 23, 2005 04:23
[size=1]((My huge apologies for the delay in giving this a kick start as promised, however here it is at last. Huge thanks to elfgirl for Ari in this post[/size] :love: [size=1]and so here's a little something we put together to get this going once more))[/size]

Walking slowly, his body weary and weak, Raen moved as silently as possible and continued to search for Ari. His sharp hearing picked up on footsteps heading in his direction and he froze for a brief moment before moving into the shadows, however they passed by behind him without pausing. Moving on again, he stopped every so often to check another healer's room as he passed them, however so far they were empty apart from one in which a healer was busy dressing an elf's wound. He quickened his pace as he saw the elf look up and sighed in frustration.

Catching sight of another door, he put a bloody hand on the handle and softly opened it, glancing cautiously into the room, unsure of what or who he was about to find... Much to his delight and relief, his dark eyes fell upon Ari's delicate figure and he swiftly entered the room, shutting the door behind him once again. She had not seen him and so he crept over to her, before gently placing a hand on her arm. "Ari.." he whispered softly, "Are you alright?"

Ari closed her eyes and ran her hands back over her hair, breathing in the silence of her room as the door closed behind the healer. She heard several sets of muffled footsteps outside from the urgency of the others, but she was fine. She only hoped Sila was, though, her friend seemed badly shaken. She had looked for Raen even after leaving him in the woods but hadn't seen him since. A hand landed on her arm which she assumed was the healer back to see her again but as she turned she heard a more familiar voice.

"Ari...are you alright?"

Her lips parted in surprise and her hand flew out to his face, to make sure he was really there. She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him to her. She was still so lost about where he had been, what had happened to him, why he hadn't explained any of this to her, but she trusted him enough to tell her when he had the time to.

"I'm fine, I will be. Is Sila okay?" She looked down at him, still bruised and bleeding. "Raen, what about you? You need help."

Raen winced in pain as she drew him close, however he did not make a sound. He longed for her loving touch and closed his eyes for a few moments, content to just stay there with her forever and to never let her go again. He sighed heavily, a mixture of relief for Ari, followed by remorse and weariness from the previous events.

Slowing opening his eyes again, he kissed her head softly and replied, "I have just been to see Sila, worry not. She will be fine, just give her some time. She had fallen asleep when I left her, something I'm sure you should be doing too," he looked down at her with a smile.

Putting a hand out to the wall, he braced himself against it and finished, "As for me, I shall be as lethal as I ever was by tomorrow. Since when have you ever known me to suffer from a few small scratches?" He pulled a lopsided grin at her though the pain was still hidden in his eyes. He knew better than to try and fool Ari who knew what he was like, however he had his pride to consider and wouldn't submit without a fight. He leant against the wall a little more to ease the pressure off his legs, deciding to have a good look at his wounds later and work out how long they would take to heal. He didn't take kindly to elvish healing, preferring his own rough methods, enduring the pain only made him stronger for the next time he acquired a wound.

Ari stared him firmly in the eyes, seeing his resolve falter as the pain passed through, his steely glare failing as he looked at her. She saw several wounds that looked worse than the small scratches he was trying to pass them off as being.

"Raen, I'm not listening to any of this, no more. I'm taking you to see a healer, not letting you dump wine in your cuts." She ran her fingers lightly along the several raised scars he already had along his arms. "I'm not letting you stay in pain any longer. I'm not sleeping until you see someone."

She watched as he leaned against the wall, unable to support himself, and worried about him. She still had to find out what happened to him, what all went on, but there'd be plenty of time for that once he was well again.

Raen stared back at her, a dying defiance in his eyes, knowing that she had him cornered into a situation which was going to prove very difficult to get out of. He attempted to keep his humour light and his mood carefree as he brushed off her comment, "Nonsense Ari, you need your sleep and I will not have you stressing over me. How about you lie here and sleep and while you do I will go find a healer myself then?" He kept his face innocent and honest as he said this before swiftly adding so she would not dwell on his suggestion for too long, "And it is not 'dumping wine' into my wounds, it is a very effective method of healing them." A small smiled touched the corners of his mouth as he finished, though he felt riddled with guilt.

Slowly and with extreme care he stood up straight again and gradually supported himself on his own two legs once more. Putting his arms around Ari's shoulders he directed her towards the bed and attempted to convince her to lie down, "Come on, you need your rest. I shall go once I know you are safely asleep."

She narrowed her eyes at him, feeling him slowly shift his weight onto her shoulders as he attempted to steer her towards bed.

"Raen, if you lie to me, I-I'll," she searched for words. "The minute I lie down you'll be off once again with your effective methods and I don't want to hear another word about it!" She brushed a bit of loose hair out of his face. "I don't want to see you hurting any more. Now please, go."

Raen found it increasingly difficult to lie to Ari when he looked into her eyes. He could see that she was not going to be easily convinced. He glanced down to the ground to shield the guilt that crept across his face. "I am not hurting anymore than I can bear. Pain is character building and it keeps me tough Ari," he paused briefly to glance at her before lowering his eyes to the ground once more, "It is a useful teacher as I become immune to the pain so smaller wounds shall not hinder me in a fight when I know I can endure greater injuries."

He knew there was no point in lying to her. She would know if he had seen a healer or not and he did not want to upset her anymore than he already had; so he figured his best option was to be honest. His theory may sound like a thought of a mad man, however it made perfect sense to him, and for all he knew, he may be mad. It wouldn't have surprised him after the years of terrified looks and criminal punishments he had received.

With a grave smile he took a small step back from Ari before kissing her softly on the forehead. He intended to leave her before she could bully him into having his wounds looked at any further. Content that she was safe, he too needed a rest and intended to return to her once he was in slightly better and in more convincing condition. "Sleep," he whispered softly as he turned towards the door.

However as he did so, to his utmost disgust and despair, the door opened and his eyes met those of one of the elves he had escaped from earlier. The elf stopped in his tracks and called over his shoulder so that another came up behind him. Raen glared as he recognised the other to be a healer. Scowling he glanced around the room like a cornered animal frantically searching for a hasty escape.

Ari set her mouth into an unhappy grimace as he kissed her on the forehead and got up to leave. She was not at all pleased, but her expression turned to that of happy surprise when in walked two of the elves from the healer's.

"Raen, they're not going to hurt you." She said softly, with a hint of a smile playing around her mouth. "I know you're well capable of taking care of yourself but I don't see any reason why you can't just stay for a few minutes."

She almost laughed at his expression, rather like a young child seeing something that frightens them. She knew he wasn't afraid, but it amused her to see him like this all the same. He, who was so usually relaxed. She took his hand and gave it a squeeze.

"I'll make you a deal. I'll sleep, and you do this for me." She said as her hand dropped back down to her side.

Knowing he was cornered, Raen gave the healer’s a look of pure loathing before reluctantly sitting my Ari’s side, his hand still in hers. He detested it when he was cornered and had to admit defeat, not taking kindly to anything that injured his pride. Narrowing his eyes he glared at the elves and using his slightly rusty, yet well mastered Sindarin, he muttered in their direction.

“Fine I will stay a few moments, but only for her sake and not mine own. Do what you must and no more.”

Sighing heavily he turned back to Ari, “I hope you’re satisfied,” he commented with a wry smile, “I don’t believe in this…” he clenched her hand tightly in pain as they cut off the remaining rags of his shirt, “… this… refined and painstakingly detailed method of healing. The recovery time is far too long and the scars much less impressive.” He gave a small mischievous grin at his last remark before scowling at one of the elves as he raised his eyebrows at him and gave a sharp pull at one of Raen’s makeshift bandages.

Feeling weak and dizzy from loss of blood, he moved his gaze down to the ground and concentrated on staying upright. He was thankful he was already seated or he would have found it almost impossible to stand. His wounds began to sting as they were exposed to the open air once more and he could feel fresh rivers of blood begin to trickle down his skin when they were aggravated.
Tasar_Took_Nualda
Self Appointed Defender
of Denethor

Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 05:31
(well I am hoping that the PM I received means that Rosie will be posting for Sila soon *crosses fingers* So I'll post out ahead of things a bit to introduce my two characters and the situation they will be found in. )

They had lost the wolves. That seemed important, every night the baying was farther off and that should have at least been a source of comfort. But as one worry faded another bloomed. The wound on Avylan's leg was not doing well. And while the Dwarven folk were of hardy stock, it was starting to take its toll on him. He looked pale and more and more did he lean upon Malli as they walked.

Malli was frightened, very frightened. She knew Avylan as well as she could know herself and she could feel him weakening. For this man who had raised her and cared for her all her memorable life it was a terribly unsettling thing to see your rock of strength and protection falling.

The miles they traveled grew less and less everyday. The number of hours Avylan needed to sleep grew more. Soon they were hardly going anywhere in a day. And sooner still it seemed that they went no where.

Camped inside a ring of yew on a knoll Malli stopped them. The young girl needed to find some way to help Avylan's wound to heal, to drive the growing sickness from him before they could move on and before it was too late. But how? She knew not what to do with the wound the wolf had delivered Avylan. It did not close and though she cleaned it regularly with water and tried to keep the wrapping on it clean as well there seemed some rancid nature to it that she could not be rid of.

"Papa..." she said to him leaning down near his ear so as to wake him gently. "Papa, we are running low on water and food. I must go and fetch more."

The dwarf stirred and nodded before he opened his eyes. What a set of circumstances he had gotten them into. This was the first trip away from the mountain he had taken since he had first come across Malli on the road side. Such an adventure it was going to be and where were they now? All their companions dead and he wounded and burdening her.

He looked up into those bright blue eyes of hers and smiled behind his beard. He summoned what strength he had and sat himself up. "You be careful, do not stray too far from camp."

She knelt down and fussed for a time with the blanket over him and made certain the fire was not in need of tending and that there was their remaining water within his easy reach. He watched her, his grey eyes still sharp even with the fever that tried to take hold of him. It took a lot to make a Dwarf sick but this wretched wolf bite was doing its darnedest to succeed at just that.

As Malli flitted about the camp site, checking her quiver and stringing her bow Avylan watched her. As he had all the days previous he swore to himself and then prayed to Mahal that he was going to mend and be just fine. He knew what his sweet little Kitten (as he often called Malli) had done in order to save him and he would not have her be a murderer for nothing. He would not have had her kill their last companion only to watch him die anyway.

It had happened in a split second, everything. He felt the wolf's teeth pierce his flesh and his ax came down to sever the fell thing's head. The rest of the pack had been closing but he stood his ground as did Malli and Elfolc their last companion surviving from the company that had left Rohan.

And in an instant Malli turned, fired an arrow into Elfolc's side and grabbed Avylan and made him run. The arrow shot from her bow did not kill the man of Rohan, only made it so that he could not run as fast as they, even with the dwarf wounded. They heard the brave Rohir's last cries as the beasts ended his life and the two of them ran onward and to their relative safety.

His sweet darling little girl had done that. Not for herself though, if it had come down to it he knew she would have thrown herself to the wolves if it would have secured his survival. He knew because he would have done the same for her.

The Dwarf pulled his axe onto his lap and nodded to the girl, "You go on now Kitten, and be quick in returning. This Dwarf's stomach could use a healthy serving of your coney stew."

Malli turned to face him, her golden curls bouncing light as her laughter as she nodded and then trotted off into the trees, "Worry not Papa, when have I not been good and quick?"

(okay there they are my two set up and waiting for when you all abandon your elves)

[Edited on 8/31/2005 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 06:33
((I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACK! :heart: *dances* Y'all know you missed me, right? Okay, let's get this party started - I'm gonna try to get Sila to do something OTHER than sleep... It's liable to be pretty short, but it's better than nothing, right? Right! Here we go!))

Sila woke up slowly, savoring that warm drowzy feeling that she so rarely had - being in a soft bed in clean clothes with no one attacking her, shaking her awake, or kidnapping her. Her comfort fled quickly, though, when she remembered where she was and why she was here.

Levi.

He had kidnapped her. Attacked her. Proven to be very dangerous. And what bothered Sila the most was that she was lying in bed wishing he'd walk in the door. She didn't even care if he apologized (not that she didn't WANT him to), just as long as he was here.

With her.

"Sitting here feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to help anything, Silamiren." Sila told herself out loud and climbed reluctantly out of the bed. Her clothes were nowhere to be seen, but there was a simple elven dress hanging on a hook by the door. Sila sighed, not relishing putting a dress on, and looked around the room. A washstand with soap and a hairbrush sat in the corner, and Sila gratefully washed her hands and the back of her neck, and pulled the brush through her hair a few times to untangle it some. Then she held a short staring match with the dress.

The dress won.

A few minutes later, a relatively pretty young lady walked out of Sila's room and began looking for a familiar face.

((well... that's that. Let's get this party started again, shall we?))
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: October 02, 2005 09:24
[size=1]((Okay this past month has been a hell of a lot more hectic than i ever imagined it would be, even so it's no excuse *kicks self* time to post before Raen gets too mad at me for leaving him with... healers ))[/size]

Raen awoke slowly, his eyes flickering at the bright sunlight that streamed through the room. With a start, he sat bolt upright, trying to work out exactly where he was and what he was doing there. Giving a muffled yelp as he did so, his sting of his wounds brought him back to reality.

He was in a bed in an elvish healing house. With a groan he glanced around the room as he attempted to recall how he had ended up here without putting up a fight. His face then contorted into a scowl as he recalled the elvish 'brew' he had drunk, that was supposedly meant to help regain his strength after so much blood loss. It was now he realised that it was purely to knock him out into a deep slumber so they could finish treating him and lock him up in a room. Vowing never to trust elves again, or to get himself wound up in a situation where Ari was able to blackmail him into submitting to them, he slowly sat up to inspect his wounds.

He looked down to see a large, fresh white bandage wrapped around his torso, and another two on his arms; one on his forearm and the other on the opposite upper part of his arm. The other wounds that were exposed to the air were covered in some sort of poultice and no longer filled with dirt. The scars on his neck and face had also been well looked after and his bruises were colouring nicely. Sighing, he reluctantly admitted to himself that the healers were as good as they claimed and although he was still very stiff and sore he did feel alot stronger, although he would never admit that to anyone else.

They had managed to keep him quiet for this long, however now that Raen was awake he was determined not to lie idle for a moment longer. Rising to his feet, he walked around the perimeter of the room to stretch his muscles and to get his bearings once again. Catching sight of a small bundle of clothing, he eagerly walked over to dress himself so he could leave. He picked up the tunic and sighed in contempt at the silvery blue material that was decorated in fine elvish stitching. He gave a snort of disgust and dropped it once again. He would not walk around in something like that.

Deciding that he would rather walk around in his black trousers and no shirt at all, rather than the clothing he was left with, he splashed his face with the water that was left in the basin before dunking his whole head in, ridding his mangy hair of all the dirt and blood that had been sticking to it in clumps. Once he was satisfied that he was looking more like his handsome self, he turned to open the door and leave.

Just as he was reaching for the handle however, someone else from the other side opened it, and, taking him by surprise, the door flew towards him and whacked him in the face. Moaning he brought his hand to his head and closed his eyes, cursing softly. He really wasn't having a wonderful time at the moment. He heard the soft elvish exclamations of surprise from a she-elf and opened one eye to see who it was.

A petite she-elf stood there, obviously one of the healers, and although elves are immortal, she looked fairly young for an elf although Raen could not claim much expertise in that area. She rushed forward to look at his head, however Raen took and step back and raised his hands to show he was fine. "I'm quite alright, I've had enough healing to last me a lifetime thank you!" He gave his head a shake to straighten up his vision once again before adding, "Now if you'll excuse I wish to leave."

The elleth did not looked in the slightest bit pleased as he began to walk past her and she grabbed him firmly by the arm. "You are not fully recovered my lord, even a knock on the head, for which I give my deepest apologies for, can affect you much more than usual due to your current condition. Please sit down."

Raen snorted and raised and eyebrow, "I do believe that right now I can tell my condition better than any and I assure you I am in the best of condition as I can be right now."

"Than perhaps right now the best of condition is not good enough. You have lost a dangerous amount of blood and those wounds," she motioned towards his stomach, "proved to be near fatal, you are fortunate to be alive at all my lord."

Deciding to take a different angle on winning this argument separating him from his escape, his lips curled into one of his most charming smiles and he replied, "And you have no idea just how thankful I am to all you fair healers for your aid. I realise the danger I was in and so that is exactly why I must get up, so I can go out and appreciate my second chance and go to see those that I hold dear to me," his every word was dripping with sarcasm, for he knew that he had lost count of the amount of 'second' chances he had received, yet the elleth appeared to find this slightly more convincing.

"I am sure that a beautiful elleth such as yourself has many a charmer pursuing your heart and so for whatever one has captured it, you must have experienced the sickening worry if he was ever in danger. So you must understand how important it is to me to go and see those that I am close to and love."

The elleth's cheeks were touched with a pink hue at this and her grip on his arm faltered. He knew he had struck gold and so pushed his point even further, "Even if anything were to happen to me, would it not be better to spend my remaining breaths in the peace and love of others than lying here alone? I truly will not make any greater recovery until I can see them."

She finally released his arm and he grinned in pure delight, knowing he was still on top of his game despite his injuries. However, just as he was about to leave she stopped him again and he rolled his eyes irritably, but kept his composure nonetheless.

"My lord, I will let you go, but you must dress first." She pointed to the crumpled clothing he had so ungraciously left on the ground.

He flashed a cheeky smile and answered, "Grateful as I am for the clothing, I would prefer to remain as I am. The.... eh... colouring.... does not quite suit me.... I am more partial to black myself." After this comment he could no longer keep a straight face and burst into laughter, although painful laughter at and he gently clutched at his sides to relieve the pain.

The elleth looked almost offended and obviously left speechless from such a comment and remained motionless as he left the room. He shook his head and did not waste a further second in case she suddenly decided to force him to put on a shirt. "Elves....," he muttered, "Have no sense of humour whatsoever, they are all still stuck in the First Age!"

Striding out of the healers feeling considerably better and greatly amused, the stares he received only amused him even further. He glanced around searching for a familiar face, as he had no idea where he was going.

Suddenly he heard hushed urgent whispers nearby and halted in his tracks to listen, his ears pricking in interest. He turned to see two elves in conversation, both with very grave faces. He recognised one of them to be a guard of the woodland border.

"...... two guards found dead by the border of the Anduin...... blood everywhere... black as night..."

Raen's face darkened, he had translated enough to grasp what had happened. Turning, he walked straight over to them. "Let me see the bodies," he demanded.

Both elves looked up at him, startled by his appearance. So deep had they been in conversation that they had not noticed him.

"Show me the bodies at once," Raen pressed, his voice slightly threatening and grave, "It is very important."

The elves looked from one to the other, before one finally nodded and replied, "Follow me."

Raen walked briskly beside them, his speed tugging at his wounds slightly, although he didn't care. Following them into a small room he walked over to where the two bodies lay beneath bloodstained sheets. Ripping them off the bodies, he exposed the gory and horrific truth beneath. He narrowed his eyes slightly and spat on the ground. He had seen enough. Turning, he stormed out and left the two elves standing there, completely bewildered by what had just happened.

Cursing loudly, Raen kicked a log and kept walking, his eyes engulfed by rage.

He was back.
elfgirl555
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2005 06:49
(Arwen, your PM box is full )

Ari sighed as she brushed her hair out of her face again. She hadn't gotten any rest at all, and thought it best to leave Raen to get some sleep. He probably thought she was just being a bother yesterday, she didn't think he saw her deep concern for him.

Still no one had told her what happened to make them run away so quickly. She had seen Sila, the fear on her face as she held back tears and told her to leave without Raen. When she saw him, she was barely able to contain her questions long enough to get him help. She wished to know the mysterious circumstances surrounding those closest to her, but they didn't seem in any position for that kind of serious conversation when she last saw them.

She was looking for Sila, to make sure her friend was alright. After seeing to Raen, she left him with the healers so he could recover, and found herself wishing she hadn't left his side. She had merely gone out for an extended walk, finding herself with a lack of things to do besides sit around and worry.

Her peaceful surroundings had calmed her somewhat, and now she wished to return to them. As she approached Sila's room, the door opened and Sila walked out, wearing (to Ari's surprise) a pretty elven dress.

"Sila, is that you?" She called jokingly to her friend.

(Rosie I hope you don't mind a little conversation. And eventually, can someone tell Ari what happened? )
Electra
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2005 09:10
(Surprise!!!!!! Hello everyone, I, Electra am back and ready to write! Hope none of you missed me…too much, hehehe. Thank you for supporting poor, frustrated Aireon and the wandering Cara, while my minor disappearance took place. Suppose we should get this celebration started…and my characters up-to-date, From Arwen’s accusation: “sunlight that streamed through the room,” I am only assuming it is the subsequent day. Wonderful posts everyone!!!!:love

Cara stroked a stiff bristled brush through her mare’s now shining golden coat. Proudly standing back, the human beamed at her work, as the horse chomped contentedly on long grass. With tangled hair, a mud speckled shirt previously unblemished, and soaked riding pants, Cara appeared quite disheveled. Although her success was much more appraising. After heaving a bushel of oats before the horse, Cara exited the stables. While brushing her hands on her pant legs and humming lightly, Cara came upon a curious sight. Noticing the human she plucked from the forest border the preceding night, Cara raised an eyebrow at his chosen attire: black pants. Clearly he cared not for the elvish wear, but then again, neither did Cara, for the most part. She preferred riding attired from her home Arnor, consisting much of earthen colors, soft cotton, and leather material. Or clothing her brother brought, which he imported from various foreign lands, usually consisting of exotic silks and odd bobbles.

Casting a sideways glance at the door from whence Raen came, she saw two guards conversing animatedly in quivering voices. Approaching them quietly she slapped a soiled hand on each back saying, “What have you two found,” giggling at their jumping figures. They rounded on her, both seething with irritation.

“Never do that again Cärendil Mortesen!” One elleth scolded in a hushed elvish tongue. Lowering her eyes, Cara knew when the elves acknowledged her by full name, she tread dangerous ground. It was then that she saw their focus. Gasping, a hand flew to her mouth seeing the pallid faces. Retreating a few steps, Cara’s sorrowful eyes turned toward the guards, asking in a whisper, “What happened?”

“We don’t know,” the elleths stony expression softened apprehending her mournful face, “Do not trouble yourself with such things young one,” a slight reassuring smile rose in his blue eyes. “There will soon be a celebration welcoming our visitors. And might I say, my child, those cloths are not quite fitting for the ceremony.”

Breaking away from the fretful sight, Cara glanced down at her own soiled clothing. “Yes, Sir,” Giving a slight bow she hurried quickly away from the scene. Starting at a brisk walk, Cara hastened her pass. Accelerating, she blindly ran toward a building, a friendly face, anything that might shatter the feeling which crept through her veins, as if her blood had chilled. Cara’s one weakness was death. More capable of death than the elven company generally surrounding her, Cara deeply feared this fact. Customarily she could barely stand being around those in morning and the deceased. This became quite complicated when faced with danger, which made her profession as a guard all the more ironic, and absurd. Occasionally Cara wondering if this fear aspired from her father’s death resulting in the grief, and poverty brought upon her family.

‘A small child with wind swept ginger hair, dressed in a formal black dress clutching a white flower in one hand and her elder brother’s calloused palm in the other,’ flashed before her eyes, ‘The child’s unusually faint green eyes stared vacantly out at the sea, watching the dark waves constantly undulating, as her soft hollow voice lifted, in song toward the misty blue sky,’ the vision swept away as the real world came crashing back. Ramming sidelong into an elleth, she flew backwards, smacking against the ground heavily. Cara let out a small yell of pain, although she wasn’t quite sure if it accounted more for the memory or the aching sensation at the back of her head.

“Are you alright?” asked a concerned voice, as blue eyes gazed over her figure awkwardly sprawled on the ground.

“I’m fine, I’m fine,” she answered, roughly shaking off his helping hand. Clumsily brushing herself off, she stuffed her shaking hands in the pockets of her pants, wishing that she was not as frightened by such an inevitable occurrence. ‘We all must die someday! Why are you so scared of death?!’ she mentally chided herself as the elf asked again, worry expressed in his eyes, as her nose crinkled in irritation. “Yes, quite,” she remarked crisply, then remembering her manner, as she rose. Realizing that she bumped into him, Cara fumbled for apologetic words, “Sorry, I…uerr…bumped into you. I wasn’t looking were I was going,” gazing about her surroundings she added absentmindedly, “Or knew were I was going.” Her rich voice possessed an odd lilting accent, unlike the elves in the woods, and much different than the humans who accompanied this visiting group. The second elleth stayed motionless, staring at her as if in a fog. As a pretty girl’s warm brown eyes shot wildly from Cara to the grey-eyed elleth blankly starring at her. The young lady’s rich brown locks dun-up in an extravagant fashion, and dainty figure adorned in a lavish dress looked quite perturbed by the one sided starring contest.

An odd nervous sensation prickled in her stomach, as Cara’s cheeks flushed a soft scarlet. The elleth’s grey eyes were quite captivating themselves, as lustrous shinned silver, and his features sharp as stone, gave his striking appearance character. Unlocking his gaze Cara continued awkwardly, “Welcome to the Golden Wood,” she added with a slight bow, “We hope you will stay long, as there is a celebration held in your honor,” glancing down at her grimy cloths she added with a small laugh, “later that is.” With that Cara gave another curtsy and whirled around running off in the other direction.

Finally reaching her own abode, Cara sprinted up the white marbled staircase bursting open the double doors. Other elves glanced up in horror and disgust at her rude entry. “Sorry,” she whispered apologetically whisking quickly through the sitting room before bounding up another flight of stairs. Cara lived in a sanctuary of sorts. The elves residing there spent time reading or meditating on events or thoughts. Most made their profession as healers, or historians. As an interloper, Cara kept her distance and tried her best to keep quiet. Intrigued by their history and healing methods Cara sought knowledge from the elves. Although at times most elves relinquished at her request reluctantly, however over time, they soon caved because of her sweet nature. Readily journeying into distant cities and towns needing her aid, the elves grew accustom to her nomadic lifestyle and always welcomed her return. Recently traveling away for months at a time, Cara easily forgot the humble manners which the elves bestowed upon her. This time the residing company in her own building did not greet her as pleasantly.

Grasping the brass doorknob, she wrenched the sticky door free. The battered oak door creaked open revealing a quaint room with a large circular window facing the doorway. Through the window a small balcony twinned of white silver could be seen with small golden flowers peeking over the edge as the vibrant green vine weaved throughout the balcony fence. Shuffling into the small room, she accidentally slammed the door behind her. Fatigued, the human then flopped onto the white linen, newly lain across her cot. Pulling off her dirty boots, she sighed with relief flexing her sore toes. Striping her soiled clothing, and throwing them on the floor beside her cedar dresser, Cara delightedly crossed the room toward a welcoming drawn bath. Sinking into the bath filled to the brim with steaming hot water she lay there letting the billowing steam caress her face and fingertips become creased before remembering the celebration. After washing, she clambered from the bath hastily scrounging in her almost empty drawers for proper attire before noticing a silky dress hung on her four poster bed. Plucking the soft dress from the post she slipped the gown unskillfully over her head. Glancing down at a pair of jeweled shoes which looked fit for a princess, a grimiest erupted on Cara’s pleasant face. Giving a disapproving snort Cara turned to long lost black boots tucked away in a corner. Smiling at her find, Cara tugged at the laces. After wrestling with the boots which were now too small the disappointed human tossed them aside and turned once again on the menacing decorative beauties. She glared at them as if they were a dangerous bug which needed to be smashed immediately. Pulling them carelessly on Cara rose haughtily clomping across the room heading straight for the door. As she reached her hand out, the door came swinging back in her face.

“Arg!” yelped Cara, rubbing her nose in pain as she stumbled backwards a few feet. A pale hand grasped her arm, before she toppled over.

“Pardon me Cärendil,” a surprisingly short she elf gave a gasp as her doe brown eyes fixed on the human’s tangled locks, “But oh-my! Dear, you wouldn’t want to go to the ball without doing your hair,” the petit young lady exclaimed closing the door and blocking the escape route with her tinny frame.

“Oh but I really would,” Cara replied trying to edge past her friend, Lhûneth. Some elves made fun of Lhûneth because of her large protuberant eyes for an elf and the way she became exasperated over everything, calling her Lhûny Lhûna. Cara always defended Lhûna in ever case, but in some instances, like now, she thought their comments were right on pare.

“No, no, no, come sit!” the girl demanded dragging Cara away from the door and forcing her onto the bed.

“Truly its fine,” continued Cara, resisting her help and rising again, only to be pushed back down in a seated position.

“Your hair is simply a mess, but not that you can help it,” added the she-elf waltzing toward the open window, returning with a handful of golden flowers. Cara sat grinding her teeth, as she watched Lhûna’s perfect silky blond hair swishing back and forth. Not only was Lhûna’s helpfulness annoying, but rubbing in her human imperfections wasn’t something she had in mind as a relaxing return to the Golden Wood. So what if she was blond and beautiful, at least she’s short and has big eyes. Although Cara fated having large eyes as well, and gave a great remorseful sigh as Lhûna set to work on her temperamental hair.

“Your hair is too short, and quite impossible if you ask me,” Lhûna commented finally after putting the last touches on her hair, which was now pulled up in very small elaborate braids which made an elegant zigzagging effect and was strewn with flowers, almost creating a crown or halo. “There now you are the image of a princess.” She added splendidly, folding her hair tools and vacating the room once more after Cara mustered the most truthful Thankfulness she could muster.

“I didn’t want to look like a princess,” muttered Cara rising from the bed once more, “I would have much preferred a clean pair of breeches and a nice…silk shirt…” as she had crossed her room, the reflection in the full length mirror made her pause. An unexpected smile broke over her stony face at the remarkable difference. Proudly she noticed the dress hung exquisitely on her slight frame, obscuring the fact that she lacked a more feminine chest than most, at least comparatively to her rather biggish hips, which she despised. The sea-foam green dress matched her eyes, dipping low exposing her backside, which gave a short train, rippling to the ground resembling a mermaid’s tail. Excitedly bounding out her door, she practically leaped down the stairs. Walking into the open air filling with music, and chatter as delicious aromas wafted towards her, Cara took an inhalation before starting toward the growing crowd.

(Hope this is alright, sorry it wasn’t my best but will have to do. Also please pardon the length I got a bit carried away, hehehe, but hopefully now we can set aside the straining tension for a while and bring a few laughs. Although I don’t mean to press the celebration by any means, only trying to move this story along. Please feel free to change, add or edit anything if misread prior posts. For accuracy the three elves are Evethire, Eorlas and Altariel. Cara crashed into Eorlas, only because I thought Evethire would be too speechless to say anything…actually I wasn’t sure what you would have him do Leafy, sorry if I took the wrong emphasis…you may alter it in whatever way you prefer!!Aireon is not lost, she will come back later.)
Tasar_Took_Nualda
Self Appointed Defender
of Denethor

Send Message
on: November 20, 2005 12:58
(monster post courtesy of Arwen and myself enjoy!)

Levi crouched by the riverbank and washed the blood off his hands. The cold, hard glare in his eye looking up and casting a swift glance around every now and then. Wiping his daggers clean also, he replaced them in his belt before rising to his feet somewhat stiffly, although he was not going to let that hinder him. It was evident that he had been wounded, Raen having distributed his fair share of injuries to his brother also, however Levi already being highly skilled in healing, had clearly done a very good job of looking after them and so they were healing fast. He looked much the same despite his injuries, however if one who knew him was to look him deep in the eyes, they could see that it was pure evil that reflected back at them and not Levi.

He cast another glance around, perhaps somewhat paranoid before taking his horse’s reins and walking swiftly away from the river. He stopped briefly and looked down on the ground, catching sight of tracks on the ground. Studying them closer he recognised them as several horses’ prints, but branching off them was a bloodstained trail. His lips curled into a wicked smile, as he knew they must belong to Raen. He was certain that his brother would have received his ‘message’ by now and so he knew it was time for him to lie low for a while and wait until he either received some form of reply from Raen or it was time to prey upon another victim as a warning.

Mounting his horse he kicked it sharply into a gallop and left dusty tracks behind him. Putting some distance between himself and Lórien, he slowed his horse down to a walk and rolled his shoulders gently to try and ease the pain. Catching sight of some trees ahead he decided it would serve as a good place for him to rest in and so rode towards it.

Malli had just covered the fire, she did not want to attract _any_ attention to where they had camped. That was not true she guessed but she did not want anyone knowing they were there before she had time to decide whether they looked friendly or not. The girl sat down on the ground next to Avylan, pulling up close to him. "That was a fine stew Kitten." The dwarf said, letting out a soft groan as he shifted and wrapped one of his arms around her shoulders, pulling her close.

She tucked her head under Avylan's chin, closing her eyes, though she relaxed little in this usually comforting position. She could feel he had a fever, something she had never even heard of occuring in a dwarf. She wished again that she knew what to do to help the wound upon his leg. There was some foulness in that wolf bite and if something did not change soon- - Malli could not even think of what might happen.

The girl closed her eyes yet tighter, to try and stop frightened tears from flowing and then she heard something that had her sitting up. "Do you hear that?" she asked scurrying to her feet. "Avylan do you hear?" she said more quietly as who ever was making those distant hoofbeats could hear her as well.

"What is it Malli?" he said, drawing one of his axes and holding it down at his side.

"I do not know..." Malli said taking up her quiver and stringing her bow. She looked at the dwarf out in the open and looked around trying to guess how long it would take her to drag his bulk into better cover. "I will be right back." And she was taking off to one of the more densely branched trees in the little copse.

Whoever it was, was approaching quickly, at a gallop and she hurried to climb up the tree. She got herself into a well covered position where she see the horse and rider coming. She knotched an arrow and tracked him upon the horse and called out, "Stop! Stop or I will bury this arrow in your neck!" Her voice quivered just a bit. It was not that she did not mean what she said, or could not follow through with her threat but she was frightened and tired and Avylan's condition had worn heavily upon her.

Levi pulled his horse to an abrupt halt and almost gave a low growl as he glared ahead of him, trying to locate his attacker. Cursing harshly to himself, he knew he should have been more careful and although he was anxious to get on his way and dispose of whoever got in his way, he was at the disadvantge in this situation and had no choice but to wait until his attacker revealed themself to him,

"Show yourself then! If you intend to threaten me, face me, not hidden like a coward," he shot back at where he presumed the voice came from.

"No!" Malli shouted, and even though she was hidden she shook her head. "A coward would have shot you without word, or shivered here under cover to await your passing. Cautious, is what I am, sir."

The girl swallowed and though her aim was steady she felt as though the rest of her was trembling. "I need assistance. My companion is hurt, ill from a wound. Either pass along..." there was a slight pause as she hoped he would not. No, she knew nothing about him but she could hope he would be able to help. "Pass along or please help us."

Levi could recognise the voice belonged to a female and could not deny that she seemed capable of looking after herself and was indeed clever enough not to show herself to someone who would have no problem finishing her off quickly. He remained silent for a few moments, his cruel eyes still searching her out before replying, "I shall do whatever I please and no mere maiden with a bow and arrow will stop me. Please do tell me, give me one good reason why I should help you? For someone in trouble you have an unusual way of asking for help."

"He who will do as he pleases should understand a girl being wary." Malli said, quietly as she could shifting her position. It meant lowering her arrow but if they kept talking he would be far more certain to have a good idea where she was.

Once she was settled again and had aim she continued, "I can make it worth your while. We have food and..." oh it was difficult to offer such a thing but she said it, "money, jewels specifically. I promise you will not find them on your own and wounded as my companion is he is still fully capable with his axe. We have come upon much trouble in our travel and I think you can understand that we are a little hard to trusting. But again I beg of you, if you can help, please do."

Levi thought this over briefly. He did not have much need for jewels or money, though a rogue he prided himself in never having the need to beg. He would steal if he was bored but never as a necessity and kill maybe, but that at least paid well. His supercilious nature naturally caused him to think of himself as almost royalty amoung the other criminals to be found. Never willing to help anyone unless there was something in it for himself, he began to think if there was anyway he could use this to his advantage.

It was then that he began to think of a way that these hidden strangers may indeed help him. "What direction are you travelling in?" He asked, ignoring her plea for a few moments until he had made his mind up.

"Avylan and I are traveling, home, to the Lonely Mountain." She said watching the stranger closely. "Avylan is an influencial smith." Malli hoped maybe that might sway the dark haired man into helping them.

Levi tried to suppress a grin from creeping across his face. The Lonely Mountain? They could prove very useful indeed as he knew he would need an alibi for his absence when he rejoined the others. He gave his horse a slight nudge and began to walk closer. "Alright I will help you. Bring me to your companion."

Malli let out a sigh and hopped suddenly down from the tree, her golden curls bounding and bouncing all over when she landed. "Thank you." She said looking up at him her big blue eyes bright with her gratitude. Now she was down on the ground and putting her arrow back into its quiver she took on more of her usual demeanor, that of an excitable and very young woman, likely only fresh out of her teens.

"He is this way." she said trotting off at once, "I have been so worried. The wound seems not to be stitching properly. It was a wolf bite, we lost our remaining companions to the attack. I have been keeping it clean with water but I know nothing of healing. I make jewelry."

Levi glanced down at the young woman as she ran ahead of him and sighed, doing his best to keep his temper under control and his false mask of benevolence safely hiding the wicked beast beneath. He realised just how much he would need this maiden and her companion if he wanted to convince the rest of the group where he was, or else he knew all too well that events could turn... ugly.

His horse caught up with her with a few long, easy strides. "Not something you want to mix together, the healing of wounds and crafting of jewellery," he smirked. "As long as it has not contracted any disease I'm sure your companion will make a full recovery, however let us see the wound before I make such a statement."

Sarcasm was not a thing the girl often encountered so it went beyond her completely as she wondered why someone who constructed jewelry should really consider taking up healing. She decided that he simply did not know what he was talking about since whenever she was anyplace where she worked there were healers around so she did not need to know any of it herself. Now if he had said that traveling was something one should mis together with healing, then she could have agreed with him.

Avylan frowned deeply from under his beard as he saw them approaching. His axe in his hand he gripped at the ready even though Malli looked not distressed. "Who is this you have brought here?" he asked and when she gave him a small blank look he remembered how naive she could be. She had not even asked the name of the person she was bringing into their camp. Why had she brought him? He thought he knew why but had she even _asked_ if he was a capable healer or had any useful knowledge at all.

"I- - I brought him to help Papa." She said, knowing well that small look of disappointment in his eyes. "We need help." She looked up at the stranger on his horse. "You will help him, please?"

Levi caught sight of the dwarf and gave an inward groan. Any previous encounters he had had with this stubborn race had never been particularly pleasant. He raised his eyebrows in slight surprise when she called him 'Papa', however was wise enough to remain expressionless and sat on his horse in silence. When the girl turned to him once again, he stared back coldly for a few moments, his dislike for dwarves briefly struggling to make him change his mind, however he brushed it aside and dismounted. He knew he would not be presented with another oppertunity like this to rejoin the others without arousing suspicions.

"Fortunately for you, I happen to be quite a skilled healer," he answered, conviniently leaving out that he murdered a healer in Gondor's fine Healing Houses in order to take his place for a 'job' and so resulted in picking up such skills. He turned to his horse and began to pull out what he knew he would need for a wolf bite. Turning back he looked to the girl again, "Right then, let's get this over with for everyone's sake."

Malli nodded an expression of relief flooding her features. She nearly scrambled over to Avylan, coming to her hands and knees as she got close to the dwarf. She paused and looked up into the dwarf's face. She was so happy that they had found someone, a healer that she wanted to kiss him but his eyes flicked to the stranger, whose name they still knew not and the girl let out a soft huff of breath and turned to his leg a small pout on her pretty lips.

At any other time the dwarf might have laughed at the look on her face but right now he just kept his eyes on the man she had brought into their camp. He was always leary of men around Malli. She was still young and in many ways naive. In their home there was never any trouble, the girl was never bothered at all because there was not a dwarf in the mountain that did not know about them, and visitors would soon find out.

"I would know the name of the man helping me." Avylan said his grey eyes not completely devoid of suspicion as he held to the handle of his axe still.

Levi's harsh glare fell upon the dwarf and he replied coldly, "My name is Levi."

He could see the suspicion in the dwarf's eyes, but ignored it. Suspicion was something that he regulary encountered amoung strangers, and they were right to keep their guard about him too.

Walking over he crouched down to examine the wound and check for any infection.

Malli pulled Avylan's trouser leg up to reveal the wound. It was an angry color and looked as if it had been reopened more than once because they had been forced to travel without resting or tending it. "I- - I have not known what to do, we had to escape the wolves but everytime we move without resting it seems to get worse and I just do not know what to do. And he is stubborn and difficult to keep on his back." she said tossing Avylan a frustrated look.

"I never want to go from the Mountain again if this is the sort of thing that happens."

"I have had worse and come out on top before." Avylan said, shifting and frowning deeply under his beard. It was the fever he was worried for, he thought that perhaps with the forced rest the wound was doing better but the fever had him feeling weak and tired a thing that concerned the hearty dwarf much.

Levi's brow furrowed as he looked at the wound. It was raging and he could see that the dwarf clearly must be in great pain. To have to travel with a wound such as that, which had not been taken care of... well he would be lucky if even Levi himself could tend to it properly.

"You are very forutunate that he is not delirious with the fever he has contracted." He stated before glancing briefly at the girl. "I am going to need some hot water to clean this if you could please see to it."

Malli nodded and dashed off, grabbing one of their pots and heading for the spring at the side of the hill. In her hurry she forgot to even bring her bow with her, something that did not escape Avylan's notice, "Girl!" he called after her but she was already away. As soon as she was out of view however the dwarf sank down into himself a bit. It was obvious he was trying to keep the extent of his troubles from his companion.

"Impetuous creature." He grumbled and decided that he likely could not have well weilded the axe he held so it was not a sign of trust but vunerability when he laid it aside.

Malli returned shortly hefting the pot full of water towards the fire. Once she got it there she stoked their fire and then came back beside the two. "Is there anything else?" she asked with an eagerness to help all she could.

Levi handed her a few bandages, "Once the water is boiled pour half of it into a separate pot and soak these." He pulled out a small pouch from his belt and handed it to her also, "Put these herbs into the water also, it will speed up the healing process and protect it from any further infection."

He turned back to look at the wound once again, catching sight of the dwarf's face as he did so.He could see that although tough and determined, he was weakening steadily.

Malli took to her tasks quickly, in her haste giving herself a burn on one of her hands but she felt it mattered little. So with a slight hiss she just continued on putting the bandages into a smaller pot and doing as she was instructed with the herbs. As the air filled with their aroma she glanced back at Avylan and gave him a smile.

"She is always happiest when doing what she is told." The dwarf remarked with more than a little fondness in his voice. "Tell me, what has been offered you in exchange for your services. I would know my debts so I may repay them quickly and fully."

Levi glanced between the two of them, and wondered at their relationship with each other. He confessed that he found it difficult to work out; it was unusual enough to find a dwarf and a human as companions.

He remained silent for a few moments, thinking over the offer he had been made of jewels. He was debating whether to mention this or not, as though he liked to make the best of a situation and take what he could from it, he knew that jewels were not what he really wanted from these two unlikely companions.

"I was made an offer of jewels..." he began slowly, ".... although I do not have any current need for them and I will not ask you to part from your treasures." He paused, thinking of how he would phrase his request. "I believe the best way for you to pay your debt would be for you to allow me to accompany you both on your journey to the Lonely Mountain, my companions also once they join us. We are travelling in the same direction and I think it is also in your best interest as I will be there to look after your wound and travelling alone, injured is not a good idea for either of you. You will reach the Lonely Mountain in safety and one piece if you stay with me." He gave a small smile, giving a kind and concerned look, while inside he was smiling knowing that he had made it sound as if it was _he_ who was doing them the favour and not the other way around.

The dwarf looked at the man, raising one heavy eyebrow in question, "Tis not often one of your ilk turns down riches." He turned his head and waved Malli over to him. "You have offered this man some of our jewels and he has turned you down. He wishes us only to remain as his travel companions. What do you think of that?"

As he spoke he reached up and brushed the girl's curls back so that Levi could see clearly the saphire collar she wore. "Is that not generous of him?" He was watching the man's eyes, he did not trust such philanthropic things and he was looking for any deceit or that little spark of greed, either at the intricate necklace, or worse perhaps in regards to his Malli.

The girl however was utterly clueless as to what the dwarf was doing. She turned her big blue eyes at Levi and smiled, "I think that is just wonderful."

Levi looked at the beautiful sapphire collar, and while it sparkled in the light, causing most men to instinctively reach for it, he kept his face blank and still. He could not deny that he would usually happily take something so fine off their hands, however he knew he was being tested and so he was sure not to fail. "It is a superb piece of craftmanship," he leant forward to make a closer study then quite simply turned to look at the pots.

"Is that water ready?" He inquired, changing the subject. He made sure to appear as friendly as he could, knowing he needed to convince them, although underneath and foul mood was silently bubbling, waiting to explode.

Malli smiled brightly at the man, "Papa made it for me, it is my most prized of all my treasures." she said and then looked over at the water and was scrambling to her feet to go over to it. "Yes... oh yes it is." She said giving a hiss as she again reached for the pot's handle without the cloth to protect her hand. "Everything is all boiled. But, how are you going to use such hot things without further hurting Avylan?" she wondered.

The dwarf was pleased with the compliment and that he had seen none but a passing interest in the man's eyes. He had not the skill of some to read into another's intent in their eyes but any dwarf could recognize greed.

"Well unfortunately I am afraid I cannot deny that this will not cause him some pain, however I will do my best to make this as pain free as possible," he replied, "I need the water to be as hot as possible to help kill off any infection. The bandages I can allow to cool slightly before I use them. Boiling them was to ensure that they were clean and to infuse the herbs into the material."

While he said this, he began to take the bandages out of the water, grimacing as his hands came in contact with the boiling water. Draping the bandages over the side of the pot, the air began to fill with steam as they were exposed to the air.

Next he turned to the pot of water and took yet another small pouch from his belt containing a different herb. Emptying it into the pot, he rose and returned to where he tied his horse and fetched some strips of cloth. Walking back he dumped them into the hot water and rolled up the sleeves of his tattered shirt. He pulled out a strip of cloth and turned back to the wound. Glancing up at the dwarf he commented, "You may want something to grip onto to help ease the pain while I clean this, as I warn you it will not be pleasant, this is an angry wound you have."

He gave the dwarf a few moments before bringing the boiling cloth to his skin and proceding to clean the wound of dirt. "The herbs will help with the healing and help to dull the pain somewhat while this heals," he commented. Remembering that it was easier for patients to deal with the pain (and the healer to get on with what they are doing too) if they were distracted he asked, "So is crafting jewellery your profession?"

Alyvan's face was set in a grimace and he was stoic through the process because the look on Malli's face was too much to bear as it was. She came and sat next to him holding his shoulder and looking extraordinarily worried. "Aye, I work mostly with stones but I am proficient in design and execution. Kitten here- - Malli," he said having not intended to use his pet name for the girl but despite his sturdiness, it did not feel good. "She is the true jeweler. She has an eye for detail and a copacity for delicacy that I have not."

The girl blushed at the compliments and he was pleased to see her smile. If it had been Levi's intention to distract _him_ from the pain it was the dwarf's to distract Malli.

Levi glanced up every now and then with a look of interest and nodded, "Well I am sure you both work very well together then and I would imagine your trade is very good. Many greedy men would almost kill another for jewellery such as that," he motioned towards the sapphire collar on the girl's neck.

He stole another glance at them both, the dwarf's slip of a pet name had no gone unnoticed by Levi and he raised his eyebrow at this. By now, Levi had cleaned the wound as much as was possible and so he began to retrieve a fine needle and some thread to stitch it up. Threading the needle on his third attempt, the lighting being very poor, he bent over the wound and slowly began to stitch the wound closed.

"Where do you originate from? The Lonely Mountain?" He inquired as his skilled hands threaded the needle through the dwarf's skin.

"Yes, I was but young when the Lonely Mountain was taken from Smaug, may that worm rot forever at the bottom of the lake. I found little Malli, when she was but a small child on my travels between the Mountain and Rohan. This eventful trip has been our first journey together since I first took her back to my home." Alyvan winced but made no sound at the needle being threaded through his skin.

"My mother had been killed and he took me in and raised me." Malli said giving a small sigh and twisting a small lock of the dwarf's thick hair around her finger. Why they were allowed to speak of this now she did not know, for before with their other companions she was always to be introduced as his apprentice and ward, no details even when asked. But she liked talking about it, she was almost able to forget the danger they had been in or that Avylan was still not well, though they had received help.

"I have lived all my life that I remember in the Mountain. It is a place full of wonders. Tunnels and vast treasures and the sound of hammers on anvils all the time like rain on bells. I love our home." The girl said giving Levi a bright smile, "If you are coming with us, then I would love to show you all of its wonders once we arrive."

Levi smiled, "I would be greatly interested, that is most kind of you. It has been a long time since I have travelled up near the north."

He finished stitching the wound and secured it before putting his needle away once again to be sure not to lose it. He had a feeling he would need it again in the future. Reaching for the bandages which had now cooled down and were just warm, he began to wrap them firmly around the wound, ensuring that they were not too tight, but firm enough to stay in place. Once he was finished he stood back and gave a bright smile, though his eyes were still empty of any emotion. "There you are, that should keep your leg secure and give it a proper chance to heal. Though of course I do not need to tell you that you must use it as little as possible."

He watched as the girl twirled a lock of the dwarf's hair around her finger, again questioning just exactly what their relationship was with one another. Looking at Malli he asked, "Do you have any burns from the pots that you need taken care of? I couldn't help but notice your hisses of pain," the corners of his mouth curled into a small smile.

Malli's cheeks flushed and she looked down at her hands. "It is not really that bad... I- -" she turned her eyes up to look into his and gave a half shrug, "I have been so worried that having someone here to actually help us, I got excited." But she scooted down closer to Levi and held out her hand, "See it is just little, one here," and she pointed to a place on the inside of one of her wrists, "and here." to the tips of a couple of her fingers.

"And I know very well to be careful around hot things. I swear that I have _never_ burned myself during a casting." Avylan let out a long sigh. He wanted to keep his eyes open, if only to keep an eye on this stranger. However, the relief his body felt and perhaps also the effects of the herbs had him wanting very badly to sleep.

Before Levi could tend to the minor burns on the girl she turned and grabbed the dwarf's blanket and covered him, having seen him lying back a bit from the corner of her eye. "You sleep Papa, I will have some more food ready for when you wake up. Everything is going to be fine now." And then when he did close his eyes her attention returned to Levi.

"You can have no idea how grateful I am you came along." She said coming closer to him again. "And, really, I am sorry for threatening to shoot you, but I had to be careful."

He gave her a charming smile and answered, "I would be worried if you didn't threaten me. You can never trust strangers, especially lone ones, for you have no idea who they are. And if there was a disreputable man around who happened to catch sight of a young beauty such as yourself..." he broke off before finishing, "...this really is a dangerous world you're living in,my lady. You can never be too careful."

He gave her a reassuring smile, almost as if to convince her that he was nothing of the sort and moved on. "Now let me look at your burns." He took one of her hands in his warm, strong ones and looked at it closely. Reaching for the supplies he had taken from his horse he produced a small ointment and rubbed it gently onto the burn on her wrist first.

The girl returned his first smile, giving a small giggle when he called her a 'beauty', Usually it was only Avylan who said such things to her... little did she know it was all out of fear of the dwarf's axe.However circumstances what they currently were he had not had time to have his usual 'chat' with this man. Dwarves are a greedy lot, it is a thing burned deeply into their souls and for Avylan that greed included Malli.

She let out a small sigh, "That does feel good." she said, looking up into his eyes again. They were such a deep and unfathomable black color that she was for a moment just drawn to look into them. They seemed deep, like some bottomless pit and she gave a slight shiver before looking back down at her tended wrist. "Thank you."

Levi stared straight back into her brilliant blue eyes for a few moments, as they sparkled just as much as the sapphire collar did around her neck. He drew his gaze back down to her burns once again as he felt her shiver transfer to him through her hands.

"It is no problem," he replied quietly, continuing to put the ointment on the rest of her burns.

Malli squirmed a little because the dabs of ointment when put on the tips of her fingers tickled a little. She tried hard to hold still and to take her mind from it she asked, "You are not from Rohan?" she shook her head her blonde curls bouncing this way and that, "You look very different from the men that live in Dale, though truly I have seen few. And you certainly do not look like our companions from Rohan did."

She could not stifle a giggle, "At least they had beards." she said, since of course dwarven folk being her standard Levi looked amazingly smooth and devoid of hair and honestly it seemed more than a little bizzare to her. Was not a nice thick, well cared for beard a sign of health? And yet he did not look sickly either, just through the contact of their hands she could feel he was strong enough.

Levi grinned and tightened his grip slightly as she squirmed. "No I am not from Rohan, although I spent a considerable amount of my childhood on the streets there." He laughed at her comment about beards, his own face fairly clean shaven with only black stubble creeping across since they had been travelling."I believe I am originally from Gondor somewhere, or at least I presume my parent's were. I was left on the streets you see," he explained, "Abandoned, forgotten or lost I do not know nor do I have any desire to." His thoughts flashed to Asgar sitting in Minas Tirth, the only one who knew about him and his brother and seemingly their past he presumed. If Asgar knew that he had a twin and he didn't, then he knew that was not all the crook knew.

Setting the ointment down he released her and finished, "There you are. Try not to do too much work with your hands and let the ointment sink in."

"Oh..." Malli did not even really hear what he had said about the ointment because she was too wrapped up in what Levi had said about how he had grown up. "I am sorry to hear such a thing." She smiled at him brightly though and only just barely keeping herself from giving him a sympathetic embrace. She knew what it was to not have proper parents, but at least she had Avylan to care for her.

"You seem to have turned out well enough on your own. You certainly are tall and big, so you must have found a way to manage on your own." She sighed and looked down at her fingers, "How long do you think this will take to soak in... I should make more food, Avylan will be hungry when he wakes up." she gave Levi another small smile, "He is always hungry."

"Indeed, I am very capable of surviving and living alone. I feel growing up as I did gave me a better knowledge of this world we live in and an insight of my fellow race's minds and thoughts. I am very hard to beat in a fight." He laughed, "It won't take long, you wouldn't want him to starve now would you?" He glanced around, "Have you got food here or are you going in search of some?"

"We have very little with us still. But I found where there is a warren of rabbits down the hill a way off." Malli explained pointing off in that direction. "And there are some plants here I use with the rabbit to make stew."

The girl wrinkled her nose and sighed sinking down fully onto the ground, "I am so very sick of rabbit stew. I _never_ want to even look at an other rabbit again."

"You have to survive on what you can when you travel unfortunately. However, if you travel through Greenwood you can be certain to obtain something different."

He shifted slightly where he was sitting and his eyes narrowed as he felt his shoulder burning beneath his shirt. Growing restless he stood up, "I will catch some rabbits for you; your hands should be alright by then."

Flipping out a knife he began to walk away, his brow heavily furrowed as he felt the heat radiating across his back, his eyes growing dull.
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2005 08:36
"Sila, is that you?"

Sila turned around and smiled brightly when she saw Ari behind her. "Ari!" she hugged the woman as if she hadn't seen her in months, and stepped back, fidgeting with her dress. "Yes, well... it is me, somewhere under all this... skirt..." she said, making a face.

((Sorry it's short, but... well, yeah. :love: ))
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2005 04:19
Brushing the horses, Rovan finally relaxed a bit. This all was very strange... All these elves around.... It made him want to leave, to escape this place. Rovan felt as if in a cage, among the multiple trees. He felt so much more at ease in the endless plains of Rohan....

His eyes fell on a woman not far away, who was brushing a beautiful mount. Her clothes were dirty, as they were supposed to be when wotking with animals. Not at all like thos of the elves.... Did they ever get dirty at all?

The woman seemed to be at ease with the elves, or so it looked to him. Oh well, it was not his business. Rovan turned back to his work.

"Do you have a different attire with you, or should we provide you with one for the night?" a melodical voice right at his ear made the man jump.

"Dammit!" he spitted. "You shouldn't sneak around so!" he pured his anger and shame over the calm elf who really hadn't deserved this.

"Pardon me, my lord," the elf apologized, "I really didn't mean to startle you. I forgot that you were not able to hear me approaching," the ellon merely smiled.

Rovan suddenly remembered that he had been asked something about different clothes.

"I do not need anything, thank you," he said. In fact, he hadn't really understood the other part about "the night" or something.

The elf nodded, thanked him and left just as quietly as he had approached.

Setting back to his work, Rovan soon forgot about this conversation at all.
In the Realm of Ulmo
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2005 11:25
(((I hope this is ok Electra...I hope this suits what you were writing.:love: )))

Evethire spoke fiercly with the delicate elves. They spoke of fear and the bad cloud that the company had brought. The elvish they spoke was harsh even in their beautiful elvish tongues. Evethire argued why they hadnt brought this up before. They replied in elvish "Your companions were in need of help and our senses have only understood their reasoning now."
There had been a murder and now everything seemed more intense. The danger at least couldnt hurt them, as they were safe in the woods.
He left after feeling furious at not receiving the information he wanted.
"Come Altariel." he beckoned to her, "We might as well go to our rooms." She rose from sitting on a rock nearby.
The long passages were embossed with swirling decoration and echoed a lot of what their voices spoke. Altariel being young minded thought it was fun hearing Evethires voice being mutated and echoed. He would shake his head at her grins.
One voice rose after the third corner. It was so fimiliar even in the passages. They rounded the corner and saw Eorlas. He was talking to someone or other. Altariel had never seen his beautiful featured face before. She thought he was very handsome and rather finely dressed.
Evethire knocked her smile as he shook his pallid head again and muttered "Altariel, really." He was smiling too. She was surprised, as he seemed to be truely happy after being fraut with worry and frowns.
Eorlas joined them.
"Well how do you find Lothlorien?" her sweet voice asked sounding gleeful.
All in a moment they rounded yet another corner and a maiden bumped into Eorlas. Altariel had barely blinked and the maiden was on her poor back. She let out a yelp.
Eorlas jumped forward. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine," she answered, roughly shaking off his helping hand.

Her voice was full of expression. It had a beautiful tone. Evethire's breath caught in his lungs. She was amazing. So pretty and yet not too delicate. Her eyes portrayed the ocean waves. Words had escaped him completely. He wished, so desperatly to say something as perfect as he thought she was but every time he opened his mouth to say something his dry throat stopped the sound.
Altariel swallowed looked at the maiden and then at Evethire gazing blankly at her. She felt a little annoyed, as he had just told her not to stare. Indeed she is pretty but honestly. She nudged him a little. Evethire blinked. His high cheekbones washed with a misty crimsone. He blinked again and looked at Altariel. She was grinning. His heart was beating like hooves of a canter on sand. He was amazingly encaptured with the girl whos name had escaped him.

"Welcome to the Golden Wood," she added with a slight bow, "We hope you will stay long, as there is a celebration held in your honor," glancing down at her grimy cloths she added with a small laugh, "later that is."

The link was gone. He felt lost for a moment in his soul. He could only smile at her as she bowed and ran off, away from him.
Altariel let out a laugh. Evethire's nerves snapped back into the world around him. He could only frown at Altariel as they continued down the stone tile corridor. He didnt notice the voices of his friends. They were irrellevent to him at that moment.
They reached his room. He bid goodbye to Eorlas and Altariel and told them he would see them later.
The room was appropriatly furnished, of course. A very comfortable place indeed. He sat for a while looking out towardss the mallon trees. He was pleased he had seen her again. A glint made his thoughts falter. It was his bow. It had been polished and restrung. Had he really let it out of his eager eye for that long?
He held it up and cocked the bow with an imaginary arrow. It was perfect. Nothing could destroy his mood of content. He lay back on his bed and closed his misty eyes for a while.

Steam rose in the chamber where a bath was filled and scented. It smelled aromatic and fresh. Altariel dropped her silky robe and stepped in. The water was a marvel to her back and aching muscles. It surrounded her sleek curves and engulfed her long brown hair. Her sense of time was forgotten. She folded sweet lather into her skin and the grime fell away. She looked healthier and more alive. Her hair was shiny and the water made it spread like a wings. She breathed a sigh of relief, which ascended in a cloud of mist.
It was long while before she rose from the water. She stepped out and addressed the drips with a towel embroided with curving elvish blessings. Her soul was replenished.
To the chair she went, drapped with a dress of the most beautiful crimson imaginable. It was sewn to a very high standard and made from a thin velvet and silk. A silk petty coat lay under it, which Altariel slipped on easily. Her curves were hidden elegantly. The dress was not hard to slip on. Once she had tied the sash she scoffed half laughing. She had forgotten the feeling of wearing such garb. Excitment raced through her toes up to her hair.
A few moments later she was ready. Her hair was long and free except for a thin plait running down the centre. Her feet were cloved in "burnt crimson" shoes. Her lips, now red, mirrored her outfit perfectly. Only her hair and eyes were a different hue of a rustic darkening brown.
She left the room feeling amazing and fit to face her fellow friends.

Evethire was late. He turned over to see the door close. He blinked, yet again and sat up. He realised the feast was commensing and he wasn't even dressed. He bolted to his finery and raced to put it on after washing to salve his soiled body.
He finally, ready and dressed. left to go towards the merriment. He passed a couple of elves on the way and it made him think of the maiden. His insides gave a squirm. He couldnt wait to see everyone, especially her.
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: February 08, 2006 04:21
[size=1]((This is not a great post I know, but I just threw something out here so we can get moving once again))[/size]

Raen had been sitting alone in the forest for quite some time now. His anger had by no means subsided, however he was now in a more rational state to control it. Sitting forward he put his head in his hands and sighed deeply. The gory images of the massacred elves were still fresh in his memory and he knew that it was a simple sign, left by none other than his own brother. Raen could recognise enough to see that it was indeed Levi’s handiwork and he had done so to leave a message for Raen. It was clear that Levi was letting him know that he knew they were all in there, and he was waiting for them somewhere outside Lórien. He knew Levi wouldn’t enter the forest, making Lórien seem like an extremely tempting place to stay and keep the group from harm, especially Sila; however he also knew that despite that they could not afford to stay much longer. He had never been one to care much for the lives of others, being responsible for the ending of many, however he knew that Levi would only continue to murder whatever elves he could pick off along the borders and as long as the group stayed inside they would be responsible. Levi was already beginning to demonstrate just how dangerous a character he was and how he was losing control of his own sanity while he fell further back into his curse. He was playing cunningly too.

Rising slowly to his feet, Raen began to walk back through the trees in search of the rest of the group. He had made up his mind. They had to leave, and as soon as possible. While he knew whatever his brother had in store for them was beyond his knowledge and indeed he could not protect them from it, he also knew that they really had no other choice but to leave. He also had a feeling that those who chose to move on with him would be less than those that arrived, many growing wearing perhaps of the journey. The sinking feeling he had however was that one of them would have no choice. Sila. Of all in the group he wanted to see both Sila and Ari safe from harm, however he knew that while Ari had a chance of safety, Sila did not. She was by rights still a captive of Levi’s, and she was also the main reason Levi was determined to reach them. He would not let any captive of his go. Raen found himself in an awkward situation where he found the only way he could protect Sila from harm was to bring her right back into it. He had not had the chance to speak to her since the fight, and he needed to as soon as possible. The others would find out about the murders soon enough, however he was the only one who knew it was Levi who was responsible for them and he intended to keep it that way.

His brow was furrowed in frustration; he was deep in thought. He had never been in such a situation before and he was beginning to realise the penalty of caring for someone. For years he had kept himself detached from the rest of the world, having enough heart to charm any maiden he wished to pull his way, however never enough to form any manner of attachment to any of them. That was until he met Ari. Despite the circumstances he felt a small smile reach his lips at the thought of her. What at the time he felt was just another short romance, had soon progressed into something much deeper. He had also found himself caring for Sila as she was a younger sister. While these feelings were wonderful to him in one respect, they were also extremely troublesome in another. He would never have imagined that he would have managed to get himself wound up in such a situation as he was in now, where he had to consider the welfare of others, who were more important to him than his own life. It was a dangerous thing for an assassin to become troubled even in the slightest by his feelings and conscience.

Walking through the trees, he paused slightly when he heard several voices somewhere ahead of him. He waited a few moments, listening intently until he recognised a few of them to belong to their group. He began to walk towards the voices, his long stride covering the crowd quickly. Finally coming upon them, he found a feast before his eyes that the elves prepared. He could not help but let his eyes stray over to where he saw plenty of ale, waiting for someone to drink, however he flitted his gaze back to the people before him once again and cleared his throat to attract their attention.

"Those of you who have travelled this far with Evethire, Levi and myself, I now place a decision before you. You have made it to Lórien and now have either the choice of remaining here in the elves' hospitality before returning from whence you came, or setting forth on another quest of your own; or continuing further with us. However if you wish to accompany us further, I must inform you that we need to leave as soon as it is possible. We can no longer stay here."

He glanced around at each of them briefly, searching for a look on their face to see who would still be accompanying them. He realised that the unasked question of Levi's whereabouts was still hanging in the air, so mentioning his name was probably going to remind them of it. Also he knew that he should have consulted with Evethire before he put this before them all, since it was supposed to be Evethire's quest and Raen and Levi were only supposedly accompanying him, however there was not much he could say other than the fact they needed to depart as swiftly as they could.
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2006 01:03
Evethire mingled easily with the fine guests laughing, joking and sipping elegantly at some wine m,ade by the elves. It was sweet and fruity. Evethire felt the liquid curse to his head making him forget the worries and embrace the fine feast. Their was a long polished table the hue showing age and fair craft. Suddenly he felt a presence expected and most wanted. She was near. He turned to see the two orbs of ocean dept and beauty. She was looking straight at him but then she looked away and slipped into a conversation with no obligantion. She was obviously repected and he wasnt the only one who found her entracing. Many of the males were stareing blatenly at her with looks of desire, it probably wasnt only the wine! Evethire mad the tipsy decision he would go up to her and speak about some perfect, interesting subject but he took one step and then he noticed Raen entering throught the main doors. He was pleased to see another of his company but Raen didnt look to happy, or was that just the way Raen looked. Evethire smiled taking in Raens ooks toward the ale. He headed up to the "company" and announced"Those of you who have travelled this far with Evethire, Levi and myself, I now place a decision before you. You have made it to Lórien and now have either the choice of remaining here in the elves' hospitality before returning from whence you came, or setting forth on another quest of your own; or continuing further with us. However if you wish to accompany us further, I must inform you that we need to leave as soon as it is possible. We can no longer stay here."
Evethires typsy mind suddenly focused on the man and drew sober, however he did notice the maiden looking concerned at the sudden interuption. "Your reasons are not evident but your reasoning is obviously sincere." Evethire turned to his freinds, "I think we should depart as soon as possible." Some of the company looked blankly at his and some looked cross for the negative speech amoungst such a feast. He spoke finally"Who will take the road with us?"

Altariel had the hope of seeing the elf she had seen with Eorlas previously in the day. She finally saw him eating by himself near the table. Her strides were over exagerated like it would made such a difference.He looked up as she approached. She spoke in innocent elvish, getting to the point "Good evening! Im pleased to see you again." His brillaint brows furrowed and he looked down again, taking in some fish dish. "I mean there is so many faces around here that its nice
to see a familiar face" She looked away embarrashed. He whispered " No its just I dont know your name." Their eyes met. "Altariel"
"Would you like a breath of air Altariel? Its just it is getting rather crowded in here." His voice delighted her soul. "Yes I agree" He strode lightly, she followed smiling. On their way out she saw Raen but didnt think two thoughts about it, as she was with her love.
<< First678910
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email