Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LuthienReborn
Council Member
Send Message
Post authenticity
on: January 22, 2004 02:45
How can you tell if an item is authentic? I know I'm probably being stupid, but I would like the best replicas. I've been trusting Noble, but I've also been to the Tolkientown Store a couple times and I wonder which one is better. Right now I'm leaning a little towards Noble, but I really don't know. Please help me, I'm ignorant
Rue
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: authenticity
on: January 23, 2004 08:28
Both sell licensed LOTR merchandise only, so you really can't go wrong with either one regarding authenticity. I think Noble Collection has even started sending certificates with some items.

Personally I like Noble Collection. Their customer service is good and I especially like their LOTR's catalogs. I can't afford much in them, but I do love to look.
Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 02:24
Usually when an item is authentic, the item description will tell you so and will also usually mention a certificate of authenticity. Both Noble Collection and TolkienTown offer items with certificates. I've been a customer of both sites and have been pleased with everything I've received, Noble or TT.

If you do decide to buy TolkienTown, though, might I suggest going through the CoE store? They're an affiliate of ours and CoE receives a percentage of the cost, which we use to defray the cost of running the site.
LuthienReborn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 05:30
Of course I would do it through this site. Do I just go to the CoE store and click on the link that takes me there or do I have to tell them I'm getting it through this site. I'm confused.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email