Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
The_lovely_elf
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Sunchild (free for all)
on: April 25, 2004 03:18
((This is just an idea that popped into my head. I hope its worth your time to join this thread.))

Rowa walked down a street in a city in America. The sun was warm, and she savored its presance. If it were not for what she had been before Romania, she would never have seen the glorious sun again... But Rowa thought it best not to think on it. She had been a Sunchild... Vulnerable to only water, moon and starlight, and decapitation.
(Right now the reader is wondering how Rowa bathes. Its quite simple: fire)
Sunchildren being Goddess Touched, had control over the elements, needless to say, it never rained on days she went out.
Now, however, she was more fomidible than before, having access to the night, the ability to touch water... The only thing that could kill her now was decapitation. And Rowa had the strenght, speed, and teeth of the Timeless Ones.

*FLASHBACK*
Rowa closed the blinds on the window. Sunset... Just before the moon and stars came out. She wished that she could watch a sunset, or look upon the moon, but couldn't. Sunset was betime, Sunrise was wake time. Rowa sighed, and walked across the room. Moving to Romania from her native land of Ireland was a mistake... She thought.
She turned off the overhead light, and attempted sleep. Several hours later, she relized that her attempts at sleep would be futile, and turned the light back on.
SOMEONE ELSE WAS IN THE ROOM!
"I'd hoped to catch you asleep, but I guess not." The vampire grinned, and lunged. He caught her before she had time to react. he sank long, sharp fangs into her throat, and whispered to her, "It wil all be over in a moment..."
She started a fire elemental. She was NOT about to let this vampire take advantage of her.
He shieked, and let go.
(right now, the reader is wondering if she has any family, and, if she does, where are they. She did, at one time, but they disappered during her first year in Romania.)
The vampire lurched forward, and grabbed her again, and Rowa bit him. She bit, and he screamed, in anger or pain. She never knew which. Then Rowa tased the metallic, salty taste of blood. The vampire slapped her. She swallowed.
"DO YOU RELIZE WHAT YOU JUST DID?!" He roared.
" I just swallow something really really nasty..." she said weakly.
The vampire sighed, and explained about vampires.
"In shourt, you now walk with the Timeless Ones, Child of the Sun." The vampire finished, " You are the first Sunchild to be a vampire, and, will be able to walk in the light of sun, or stars. I take my leave of you." And he left.
*END OF FLASHBACK*

Rowa smiled at the memory. The vampire had, inadvertantly, granted her most desperate wish: To walk among the stars.

Of course, now, the vampires were hunting her. they didn't appriciate a Goddess Touched Darned One. The vampire that did this to her had ... Dissappeared at their hands.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email