Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First7891011
Author Topic:
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Wow! Those...are...amazing! I can't draw dragon heads very well. Good job!
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
I can't draw animals very well, though...

Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for the compliments, I am trying to push myself to get better but I struggle with proportions! I think your Lion is sweet!

-Chris
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Awesome lion Alexanda! @Chris, yeah, I've got the same problem. :/
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Alex, great people pictures! Wish I was that good...and cute lion too!

Andy the Beagle is adorable, Feyna!

Chris, your dragons are incredible!

I really wish I could draw as good as you people.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, here is a Frost Dragon sketch I did,

ImageFrost Dragon by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, that's awesome!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Nice dragon!
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Hey! I just had this crazy idea. We don't have to do it if you guys don't want to, though.

I thought that maybe we can decide on a scene or something, then we draw the things we are good at. For example, if I'm good at faces, I draw the faces. Since I'm not so good at the body yet, if there's someone who can, they'll draw the body, and so on. We post them up here so we all know where the picture is going. Then someone will put them together and the final picture will be put up here.

Whaddaya think?
thranduillion
Council Member
Send Message
If I might be so bold as to jump in here, that sounds like a wonderful idea, Alexandra! I'm decent at figure drawing (and just people in general), if you find yourself in need of my services!
Image Image
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Glad to hear that, thranduillion! The more the merrier.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I think my brother may be able to put the pictures together, but I'm not sure...I'll have to ask him.

I'll leave the drawing to y'all though, as I'm rather rot at anything but kiddie drawings.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
It doesn't matter, Mareth. This will be a picture that will have elements of us all. We can have some kiddie drawings... somewhere.

Yeah, you can ask your brother. If he's not able to, I can do it.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Here are more:

Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, awesome dragon Chris! Great idea and pics Alexanda! Hmmm...I'm better at animals or nature stuff, but I'm OK with drawing people if that would help. Or Alexanda, maybe you can draw the people, post it on here, and I'll do the outfits (I love designing outfits). What do y'all think I should draw?

[Edited on 04/23/2014 by Mellwen_Bronwewen]
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Nice pictures, Alex.

Mine are like...super kiddie. Like rainbows, flowers, hearts, butterflies, suns...that kinda thing.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, Mareth pretty much only draws kid stuff.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
It's alright! We can have a flower dangling on a dragon, or a sparkly unicorn dancing, or even a rainbow around the good dragon's head, or little pixies trying to fight. This will be something like a group picture. Something we can all take part in.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I guess I can draw a little something. Perhaps one of these days I'll put up some of my kiddie pictures.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Beautiful pictures, everyone!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Aragorn16Estel, would you like to give us a drawing of a fierce dragon in battle?
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
I don't really think I am at all good enough too, I would like to , I guess I'll have a try!

I have got a Tablet for my PC now which is cool so I can do digital art, its a lot of fun,
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Nice! I love digital art.

Oh, and thranduillion, maybe you can give us a human figure (or a few if you want) in action. Once we get those figures, Mellwen can design outfits for them. (Don't worry too much about the postitions, they can be edited to match each other. Just give us the general idea of the pose)

Mareth, how about a pretty background? Maybe the dragon is attacking fairy paradise, and the good allies join in to help.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Oh dear, fairy paradise? Can't really do that..unless they are season fairies and they happen to live in mushroom houses..
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Lol, yeah, I guess that will work Mareth. Sure Alexanda.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
This is my first go on my new Tablet:

Oh bother, didn't work, I'll have to put the pic on Flickr then do it

Here we go

ImageDragon painting by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

[Edited on 05/06/2014 by Aragorn16Estel]
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, that's awesome Chris!
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Amazing! Can you do the rest of the body? In any pose you want. It's up to you, really.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks for the comments, this was just a practise, I am working on a more evil Dragon for a full body pose, this is a practise of his head.

ImageEvil dragon sneer by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Incredible dragons, as usual, Chris.
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
Kinda got tired of drawing this so its only partly done but here it is. Nazgul with part of Barad-dûr in the background (sorry if it turns out really big in the post)

finnr_sig
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, Chris! I can't do things like that! What program are you using? Photoshop?

Nice drawing Finnr.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you Mareth, Thanks Alexanda, I used a free program called Mypaint

http://mypaint.intilinux.com/

Nice Drawing indeed Finnr, I love angle of it!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Those are awesome Finnr and Chris.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Chris, as always, it is great to see your work.

Finnr, I can hear the beating of the wings.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email