Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Ah, wild hair. I used to always get a perm so my hair could have the "wild" look and I really liked it. This Saturday, I am going for a trim, probably about 2 inches will come off, but better yet, I am going to have a few strands of lilac put in...just a few..

[Edited on 06/19/2013 by Lindarielwen]
Light Blonde
73% (1)
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hmmm..don't know where that voting thing came from...I did not do it. Wow, lots of choices!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
I have short brown hair. It is pretty much the same color as my eyes, only my eyes have some green in them. They are hazel.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I have to get a hair cut soon... I need to put it in a bun every monday, so I will thin it out, and possibly cut it shorter. I cut it short a while back, and I quite liked it but I want it long now...
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
nin_lasgalen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
I have shoulder-length [psychotically frizzy/curly] chestnut brown hair. In direct light, it almost looks reddish. ^^
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have auburn hair, but its mostly this rust red color. I just got eight inches chopped off a week ago, and my hair is still SUPER long, but im not used to this new length yet.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I have short auburn hair :/ I really wish it was long!!!!!
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Then DO NOT cut it!Get some extensions.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
I won't be getting my hair cut for a loooong time hopefully. Every time I get it cut to donate it, just when I think it's long enough to have some left over, it's way too short afterwards, and I end up regretting it. My hair is really short now, but not as bad as last time. I really like long hair, because I can't do anything with short hair Oh yes, it will be growing for a long time
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, time for me to say something about donating hair. Are you sure the hair you have cut is actually being donated? Can it be proven? Will the salon show you the mailing bags and the address? Can the salon show you the paperwork? Is your hair shampooed and dried first? Some salons put the cut hair in a plastic bag and keep it until the hair gets loose and falls from the band and therefore, gets thrown away. I know this as a fact from 2 salons, one in Ohio, the other in Florida. For some salons, it is just a goodwill gesture the salons do to appease the client, making you believe you are doing a good deed. Please, please, please make certain the hair gets donated.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I got my hair cut last week. It's now more like two or three inches past my shoulders. The only reason I got it cut was because of the horrible split ends I had.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, Mareth_Ravenlock, I am glad to hear that it is growing..It wasn't that long ago when you wished it would grow. I think I get a trim of maybe an inch every 3 months or so. I have never had it longer than the middle of my back though.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, we send the hair out ourselves because sometimes the salons don't have the time to send it out. They give us the address and how to properly pack the hair, and we send it out. As far as I know of, the hair actually does get donated. I'm sure the hair stylists wouldn't give us a free hair cut for donating if the hair doesn't go anywhere. And they do shampoo and condition and dry it. The last time I donated my hair, one of my mom's friends (who is a hairdresser) cut it, so she gave us the hair to send out.
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, I am so happy to hear that. Thank you for telling me. Sending it yourself is really a great idea. I hope many people are helped by your kindness and generousity. That is a wonderful thing you are doing. Blessings to you.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thats why I'm wary of donating hair for just that reason. I was going to participate in this years Bald For Bucks by donating my hair, but then one of my teachers told me that if someone has an unusual or admirable trait about their hair, like a certain color or length, instead of donating it, people can auction it off to companies that make wigs just for fashion and not illness. So I was leery of that. She told me that because my hair is reddish and therefore could have been admirable.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I heard the same thing about Asian hair. It is highly prized for fashion wigs. I looked online and found a site called Locks of Love (I think) and it seems they make sure the hair goes to wigs for cancer patients.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, Locks for Love isa very common donor organization.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
My oldest sister and younger sister have both donated hair to Locks of Love. After washing their hair, Mom cut it and we sent it off.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Yep! Locks of Love for us, too!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, lotrelessar--you have The Braiding Binder, right?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
And I love your new siggy!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I have lost the instructions for a great braid technique that one of you sent me...sorry, I do not remember who...it used two strands of hair. Could you please post the way to do it?
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Findemaxam, i think we do have the braid binder. Lindarielwen, I'm not sure which technique it is. Was it the fishtail braid, like this? You said it used two strands, and this one does.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, that is the one! Oh, that is perfect for my hair. Instructions again would be appreciated! Thank you!
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Okay here's a link. This is from a WikiHow website, and it has little video snippets of a lady doing it on her own hair and written directions. It also includes three different ways to make a fishtail braid. Hope that is helpful!

http://www.wikihow.com/Fishtail-Braid
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
How many more braids can we add to our binder? I recall that you took many pictures of my hair in various stages of braiding.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I AM NEVER CUTTING OR LAYERING MY HAIR EVER AGAAAAIIN!! Sorry, just had to throw that out there. I hate my hair like this. It never listens.
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
My hair is reddish brown with multiple underlying colors. It's my natural colr (FINALLY) and it's to my shoulders.
"A sprinter learning to wait."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Both of you have very nice hair.
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
I just got a hair cut last week, but you can't really tell because it's super curly and springs up no matter what length you cut it to. And my hair is kind of a dark blonde colour, but lighter and streaky in summer from so much beach
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Your hair sounds beautiful, Marille. My hair is now in an awkward inbetween stage, as it is red in the summer and brown and the winter. And in the fall, its greenish in the light and I hate that! Like a metallic gold almost! *dies*

I was thinking about getting some side bangs. those of you who know and have seen a picture of me, what do you think?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I just got a hunk of hair coloured purple. It is underneath, on the side, and peeks out. Love it to pieces!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That sounds pretty, Lindarielwen! Do you still have the strands of lilac, or did they fade?
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I want to dye my hair but I feel like it would never look the way I'd want it to or the way I planned. Plus, there's so many different choices!! O.O AH!!!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
You could do highlights, Rod. Brown ones. That would look nice in your hair...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email