Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
EldarChild
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: All jewellery-related discussions
on: December 26, 2004 03:23
Well I don't have enough $ to purchase any of the replica jewelry but a friend of mine owns Noble's Elven Necklace so I'm offering this warning: It wears quickly. The sterling is overlayed on what looks like brass? (copper-colored metal). Granted she wore hers everwhere but now she's going to have to either paint it or get a jeweler to repair the silver.
Grey_Pilgrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2004 06:20
I received a 9 carat gold One Ring for Christmas. While it doesn't look exactly like the one in the films, it's still a beautiful piece, as you can hopefully see from the picture. It was taken with my camera phone, so it's not exactly crystal clear. I've been told it was bought from Franklin Mint. I treid to find out the cost (I know I probably shouldn't) but their website is down at the moment. I must say it really looks well in my Minas Tirith sculpture.

[Edited on 28/12/2004 by Grey_Pilgrim]

[Edited on 28/12/2004 by Grey_Pilgrim]
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 12:40
I hope someone can help me with this (pleasant) problem.

I got the "Arwen Evenstar Pendant" as a Christmas present, but my parents haven´t actually ordered it of the internet yet.

Where is the best place to get it? My parents where planning to buy it of the "otherland" site (uk), but they were out of it. I have looked at the one on the Noble Collection, and it looks nice, but every site seem to use the same picture.

I am confused, does anyone have any advice to give me.

I would reccommend the Noble Collection because they use the actual cast of the necklace, so it will be more authentic and more like the one in the film. Plus, I got mine there and it is very gorgeous.
Hiraeth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 12:52
I bought my Evenstar pendant from the NewLine website and it came with a nice wooden box and COE. It is beautiful. however I had it a few days and a crystal fell out, which I found and superglued back which worked fine, but now I noticed another crystal has come out and this time it is lost. I wondered if its possible to get a replacement crystal? NC do not ship to the UK and I had to buy all my NC items through third parties. Also it took me 3 years to get Narya and the stone fell out about 2 weeks later. I have all the elven rings also the elven necklace, brooch and charm bracelet which are OK apart from the two pieces. I would still recommend the NC jewelry about all other ones I have seen. Can anyone help with the above please? If I get any more info on this I will post. Hope all the people with broken peices can get them fixed.
Idril2
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 08:28
Hi
Does anyone know where I can buy LOTR jewellery in Canada?

:heart:
Caroline (Idril)
OselleElentari
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 03:19
I am crying out in desperation to all Lord of the Rings fans in Australia! Is there ANY shop in the country where you can physically buy an :heart:Evenstar Pendant:heart: of excellent quality? Or do I have to buy the jewel online or fly to New Zealand?
VendeaErunyauve
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 08:44
Hello! If anyone has any LOTR jewelry parts, I would be interested in buying them. In the small amount of spare time I have, I like to make stuff out of broken jewelry. If you lost an earring or lost part of a LOTR keychain, etc. please PM me and let me know. Thanks!
Eoandriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 07:04
I don't know if anyone is still on here that would be able to answer my question (last post was jan 05).

I was considering buying (from Noble Collection) Arwen's Headdress, when I emailed them about the size they just told me what the site says "5'1/2 x 5'1/2" (inches).

My question is this: Would this fit an adult head? I'd be buying it to wear as my wedding headdress and it's a lot of money to spend on something that may not work as such.

Now, I've read somewhere that it doesn't go behind the ears (as I originally thought) and that Liv Tyler had to tie a brown ribbon to it and tie it under her hair... does anyone think that it might fit that way?

Anyone know? I'd really appreciate any help!

Thanks!
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2005 03:26
I am crying out in desperation to all Lord of the Rings fans in Australia! Is there ANY shop in the country where you can physically buy an :heart:Evenstar Pendant:heart: of excellent quality? Or do I have to buy the jewel online or fly to New Zealand?

Well, I don't live in Australia, and maybe there's something there, but here, where I live in the US, I have to order online from the stores to get the jewelry I want. The only thing I've seen in stores are one ring replicias...
Aireleniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2005 11:28
Help! I have the Nobel Collection Evenstar (love it). But, my best friend kind of broke it when I was showing it to her (loooong story) and smashed the lower right teardrop crystal tip. Does anyone know what the crystal I need to replace it and if I risk structural damage to the top and other crystals if I get it fixed?
Gelleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 01:41
..Does anybody know the website for that Golden Harmony thing? ...I'm trying to buy Nenya for a resonable price.
(pleae pm me)
IloveFrodoBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2005 05:33
I would love to have the Evenstar,but I want one that is durable because I read that the Noble Collection jewellery is too delicate. How can I contact Jasmine Watson? She's is the lady who design the necklace.
Is the sterling silver tarnished?
Also, I would like to have the Elven brooch.
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2005 10:41
Help! I have the Nobel Collection Evenstar (love it). But, my best friend kind of broke it when I was showing it to her (loooong story) and smashed the lower right teardrop crystal tip. Does anyone know what the crystal I need to replace it and if I risk structural damage to the top and other crystals if I get it fixed?

I had a similar problem with my necklace. I'd searched everywhere for the crystal of the same shape and I couldn't find it anywhere.
Something nice about the Noble Collection (well, in my case anyway) is that they have a 2 year warranty on their jewelry. If it breaks within two years of you having it, they'll send you another one for a low price if you call and ask them about it. I called and talked to them and they told me to send my broken Evenstar pendant with a $20 check for the shipping and replacement fee. They were very cooperative about it and they made the entire process very easy for me.
So if your jewelry is broken beyond repair I highly reccommend doing this.

I would love to have the Evenstar,but I want one that is durable because I read that the Noble Collection jewellery is too delicate. How can I contact Jasmine Watson? She's is the lady who design the necklace.

I doubt that contacting her will give you a less breakable version. She was there to design the ones Viggo wore and he broke about 20 different versions of the necklace while filming. At least, that's what I've heard. The necklace is just very delicate. I'm sure some versions are more sturdy than others, though.
RiverEntwash
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2005 05:48
Can anyone tell me how long the leaf part of the leaf of lorien brooch is? I'm hoping to make the one in Last Homely House. Thanks!
HugoWeavingFanHere
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 06:58
I was wondering if any one could help ? I'm looking for the one ring. I'v found some on good old ebay and i really would like to get one. They are all gold plated or i think gold covering or something like that. Are gold platted good or bad ? Or if you have one has caused any trouble ? Thanks
niftyelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2006 08:26
I have a One Ring. he he....

yeah, sorry, kinda hyper.....yeah.

I also have a Lothlorien Brooch. Mind you, it isn't authentic. Made out of pipe cleaners, actually. I'm not even sure how acurrate it is (you have no idea how hard it is to find a good picture of those things).

yeah.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2006 10:01
Pipecleaners???
niftyelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2006 10:04
yeah, I seem to have a talent having to do with making things out of pipecleaners.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2006 05:35
lol
Alata
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2006 02:29
I have a friend who owns Nenya, The Evenstar Pendent, The One Ring, and Sting!
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2006 06:29
*looks jealous*

Where did he/she get them all?
aughtonste
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2006 11:08
Think this is the correct place. Does anyone know where to find ME related cuff-links. I,ve looked on the usual LotR shops but to no avail. Something with a silmaril would be good for a starter. Or perhaps the JRRT logo. But thats probably copywrited.

Aughtonste
Brethil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 09:22

thats like me! I own Nenya, Evenstar, one ring and Glamdring! :love: :love:

But cufflinks? I've no idea they even made LotR cufflinks!
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 10:31
I'm sure they do, it's just where to get them....
Lorien~ethel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2007 03:48
The Atelier des Elfs does some brilliant tiara/diadem work:

http://ambreagorn.free.fr/diademe.html

I remember seeing a replica they did of Elrond's headress that was lovely. They also do custom work. I saw a pic of their rendition of Arwen's "coronation" headress and it's speactacular!

That site is really cool. What language is it in? I can't read anything. What if I wanted to order something:cry:!?
Adonnenniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2007 01:35

I remember seeing a replica they did of Elrond's headress that was lovely. They also do custom work. I saw a pic of their rendition of Arwen's "coronation" headress and it's speactacular!

That site is really cool. What language is it in? I can't read anything. What if I wanted to order something:cry:!?

It's in french. if you go to the top of the page it has a link that says see this page in english in small font in the centre right. Hope that helps If there us a University somewhere near you, take designs down and see if one of the students will make the circlet you'd like done. That's what i am doing and am in the middle of negotiations with someone to create Galadriel silver and gold/bronze/brass circlet (the really intricate one)
Lorien~ethel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2007 10:03

It's in french. if you go to the top of the page it has a link that says see this page in english in small font in the centre right. Hope that helps If there us a University somewhere near you, take designs down and see if one of the students will make the circlet you'd like done. That's what i am doing and am in the middle of negotiations with someone to create Galadriel silver and gold/bronze/brass circlet (the really intricate one)

Yeah, I noticed that but the rest of the site is still in French. There is no english translation for the other parts of it. Designs huh? I'll check in to that, thanks.
Gladhaniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2010 12:20

Wow, now that's quite a lot :O

For my part, I own the One Ring. It's gold-plated/silver, so it looks gold with silver inscriptions but you can sometimes see under the sun that it's silver underneath ˆˆ

I love my Ring and have it ALWAYS on me. I've named it Andanéya, and I created an entire original story to explain its history, in which it's not the evil Ring, but another one. (:
Lexa
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2012 08:07
Anyone have Narya from Noble Collection?

Someone had given it to me as a present. I instantly loved it, but it’s not as nice as the other NC jewelry.

Inside reads TNC NLP INC USA 6. Shouldn’t it have the 10k stamp too? All my silver rings are stamped .925.

I looked on the NC website, and they currently sell it for $450. I look my ring and it doesn’t look like it would be worth that much. In fact, I have imitation rings from Italy that look nicer than this.

Is the Narya just disappointing? I have Barahir and the Witch King ring and they are both gorgeous! Someone told me they were disappointed in their Vilya. I still would love to have the Vilya!

This Narya kind of looks like a toy ring to me. He didn’t pay $450. He bought it used. The crystal looks amazing, but the rest of the ring looks odd.
ArwenElfMaiden
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: All jewellery-related discussions
on: March 24, 2012 05:15
Here are some links for THE BEST prices i've found:
The One Ring: http://www.myprecious.us/jewelry/frodo_one_ring.php
MyPrecious also has other great stuff, like the Evenstar necklace, the Fellowship brooch, Rings of Power, etc. Also, they give a lifetime warranty on the Ring, which is better than anyone else.
Nenya: http://www.utopiabase.com/movie-themes/movie-memorabilia/lord-of-the-ring/galadriel-ring-nenya.html these people have the EXACT same ring as WB Shop, but for a ton less $. They too carry the Evenstar, the One Ring, and a few nifty shirts too I can't vouch for either of these products' quality, as i own neither, but would love to own both. Especially Nenya
p.s. Although MyPrecious has the Nenya ring, I think UtopiaBase' ring is MUCH prettier! (no offense MyPrecious people)
"What are we holding onto, Sam?" "That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo. and it's worth fighting for."
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: All jewellery-related discussions
on: December 14, 2012 01:02
I own an Evenstar necklace. It is not very detailed, but i got it for my Halloween costume
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I see Galadriel's Ring Nenya is still for sale. Except for a couple negative comments, it seems to wear well over the years.

I had a One Ring about 10 years ago, but it did what One Rings do.... silently slip off and are lost.

[Edited on 10/27/2013 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
I bought the Evenstar pendant. I don't wear it very often, just when I'm wearing something special. And the Nenya ring. Both 'authentic' LotR merchandise. It's funny people want to get it because it's Lord of the Rings... I've heard it many times. People won't believe me when I say I just really like them as independent jewelery.
~Nev~
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I have an Elven brooch like the one Galadriel gave to the Fellowship that I love to wear. It is official LotR merchandise and I found it at a costume shop. It was very inexpensive, more like a novelty item but it is mine...my own.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I have a Ring of Barahir that I wear all of the time.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email