Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
The_seventh_Ringbearer
Council Member
Send Message
Post Fav EE scenes. Spoilers for all movies.
on: December 21, 2004 06:15
OK, the Lord of the Rings set is now complete! :cheers: All the movies are done and the Extended Editions have all been put out. Now I was wondering, which one of the Extended Scenes was your favorite? It can be from one, or all three of the movies. It can also include the documentaries.

I'll start it off. My favorite Extended Scene from FotR was the Council of Elrond. My favorite E scene from TTT was the scene where Faramir remembers the day Boromir left and my favorite scene from RotK was Frodo and Sam in the company of Orcs. :disco:
thefey
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fav EE scenes. Spoilers for all movies.
on: December 21, 2004 07:00
One of my favorite scenes would be from the EE of RoTK-in the midst of battle, Theoden stops and appears to recognize Eowyn. The look on his face was priceless. The whole "I know your face" scene when he was dying was one of the most touching scenes from RoTK. Also the Witch King's Hour from EE RoTK-that was intense.
Nick_5
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 04:16
I love the scene in FoTR when Aragon pay a tribute to his mother. I just love everything about it!!
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 10:04
Difficult.... I'm guessing, right now:

1. Théodred's Funeral (TTT): this is one of the most beautiful scenes in the entire trilogy. Completely unnecessary and uncanon, but really beautiful cinematography and that song based on Beowulf... Amazing.
2. Merry's Simple Courage (ROTK) because it sums up Merry's character so well.
3. Rest on the banks of Anduin (FOTR) because of the discussion between Boromir and Aragorn, which is a-ma-zing and spot-on. Sean Bean really blew my mind here.
4. Éowyn's Stew (TTT): just so funny, and I loved the little reminder of Aragorn's age there, and Viggo's sublime acting
5. Aragorn by Gilraen's grave (FOTR) because of the reference to Gilraen... loved it.
Fawlen_Peredhil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 12:45
1.Eomer finding his sister on pelenor fields.
2.Drinking game between Gimli and Legolas.
3.Theodreds funeral.
4.Mouth of Sauron
5.In the company of Orcs(Frodo and Sam in diguise)
Moonwalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2004 12:45
RotK: Mouth of Sauron, Witchking vs. Gandalf and the scene with Pippin and Faramir.

TTT: Faramir's flashback when he remembers the day Boromir left. And the scene where Faramir saw his dead brother. That was a great scene.

Can't say anything about FoTR right now, but I do liked the scene where Boromir and Aragorn met. Boromir was polite (maybe a little shy too) and now he actually tried to start a conversation when in theatrical version he only dropped the sword and left.
LadyWoodelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2004 03:39
My favorite extended scenes from ROTK, are the houses of healing, and the drinking game between Legolas and Gimli.
My favorite from TTT is the final tally.
I can't think of one for FOTR at the moment.
zandel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2004 04:29
I like the drinking game and the Final Tally.
IntotheWest23
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2004 03:11
FOTR: the hobbits at the green dragon inn
TTT: wen frodo yells at gollum "don't touch me"
ROTK: frodo and sam with the orcs!!

in my opinion, i don't think they had alot of frodo and sam stuff in ROTK EE. but it was SOOO great
PrincessOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2004 09:14
By the Valar, I HATED the RotK EE! Things go too wrong.
Firstly, The highest hope falls under the ground. Those House of Healing scene! It just look like Eowyn find someone instead becoz she can't get Aragorn. Can't find the feeling I felt when reading the book.Hate these scene...Eowyn so beautiful though.....

And Aragorn break the jewel..was it called evenstar in the film? Just hate the fact that it can't go to Frodo.Pippin got cold feet for everything - everything that he faced steady in the book ......Eowyn not tough by the way....

Why Gandalf's staff had to be broken??????????????

(seems that I am not going around the topic,.,.,.,here's some~)

Love Merry in the film~His word are so touching though very simple! And the drinking game....Legolas so cute~!

1question to ask: Why Faramir didn't help Denethor when he falls down???????doesn't make sense!!!
snowystingray
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2004 10:56
I love pretty much everything about the FotR extended edition. I agree with everybody here about the added Boromir scenes. His scenes were some of my favourites in the theatrical version, and the additions were even better. I also love the hobbits singing in the Green Dragon, because any time when hobbits sing I am happy.

In TTT, I'm not sure if there were any scenes that really stood out to me. I did like Theodred's funeral. Oh, and how could I forget? Faramir's flashback to Osgiliath was excellent as well (can you tell that I'm a Boromir/Sean Bean fan?).

My favourite extended scene in RotK was definitely the Houses of Healing. It was so breathtakingly beautiful that I cannot understand why they didn't choose to include it in the theatrical cut. The song that Liv Tyler sings is amazing (does anybody have lyrics?).
j0h4nN3z
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2004 01:31
the fellowship: when the fellowship recieves the gifts from galadriel
the two towers: when gimli tells éowyn about dwarf-women
return of the king: the scene, when the beacons are lit. i just love it
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 25, 2004 01:45
FotR: where the Fellowship receive their presents from Galadriel and the little dialogue between Celeborn and Aragorn (which make Celeborn less "stiff" than in the theatrical version).

TTT: When Wormtongue has returned to Orthanc and Saruman speaks about the Ring of Barahir.

RotK: Houses of Healing, because although it is shorter than I hoped and there is no athelas involved, or so it seems, there is a close up of Aragorn's hands (for the hands of the king can heal, very subtile emphasized in this scene).
I also like the scene when Denethor "accuses" Faramir of wanting to be "one of the old people of Númenor". For in the book Gandalf says that both Denethor and Faramir are "true men of Westernesse", while Boromir seems not to be.

[Edited on 25/12/2004 by Eruantalincë]
Ielleg
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2004 07:36
FOTR: When the fellowship recieve their gifts from Galadriel.
TTT: Haven't got it.. yet..
ROTK: Tough one.. I've just seen it one time so far. But i think it is when Éomer finds Éowyn and believe she's dead. That is just so sad.

My favourite scene from the whole ROTK movie is when Théoden speaks to the Rohirrims right before battle. I actually start to cry then.. It's so tuching.. that they know that they may not make it, but ride to war anyway.

[Edited on 26/12/2004 by Ielleg]
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2004 02:35
Here are the lyrics to that song snowystingray, I got them from www.arwen-undomiel.com, and you can also get a sound clip too:

With a sigh
You turn away
With a deepening heart
No words to say

You will find
That the world has changed forever.

The trees are now turning from green to gold
And the sun is now fading
I wish I could hold you closer

My favorite scene in the FotR EE is pobably when the Wood Elves are leaving for the Gray Havens. Its too short though!

In TTT EE, I love Theodred's funeral, (I think Éowyn's song is gorgeous) along with The Final Tally.

In RotK EE, I love the Houses of Healing along with Saruman's death. It was quite gross, and its not how it happened in the book, but I loved it anyway. And the drinking game between Legolas and Gimli was great too.

[Edited on 27/12/2004 by Woodlandelfgirl87]
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2004 08:50
One of my favorite scenes would be from the EE of RoTK-in the midst of battle, Theoden stops and appears to recognize Eowyn. The look on his face was priceless. The whole "I know your face" scene when he was dying was one of the most touching scenes from RoTK. Also the Witch King's Hour from EE RoTK-that was intense.

I totally agree. I loved that scene . well I love any Theoden/Eowyn scene. but that was a great part.
snowystingray
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 11:22
Thank you very much, Woodlandelfgirl87. I'm so glad that song made it into the extended cut. It's just a pity that it isn't on the soundtrack...
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 11:33
You're welcome. I wish it was in the soundrack also. Its so pretty!
Gildor-Inglorion
Elvellon ar Pethdan
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 11:34
- The additional material with the elves in Lothlorien. Particuarily Aragorn's conversation with Haldir in Sindarin.
- Theodred's funeral. Great stuff and hearing Anglo Saxon (Old English) sung is absolutely great.
- Everything new with Faramir. The new scenes are the ones that save his character from the mess PJ made of him in the theatrical editions.
joevc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 07:10
i luved the passing of the elves in fotr
i liked the treason of isengaurad even though its not and xtended scene
and i luved voice of saruman
TezzlesOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2005 06:42
hmmm... tough decisions....

I loved the FotR and TTT EEs but i don't have the TTT regular *gasp, i know* and i've only seen the regular one once, so the EE scenes and stuff seem like normal things to me. on the FotR i really liked the conversation between Boromir and Aragorn, and the part where Merry and Pippin were singing on that table- gets me into hysterics every time.

now on the RotK EE, its a whole different story. parts of it did feel "fake" like i was watching things that didn't belong there. But i did love the part where eomer sees eowyn on the pelennor fields and thinks she's dead. some people think that scream is cheesy but it always brings tears to my eyes :sob:. The scene where Aragorn sees Arwen in the palantir was also really moving for some reason even though it had nothing to do with the book. the look on viggo's face was like the best acting i think he's ever done when he sees her dead and drops the knecklace- its like a heart-wrenching moment!
ladyelven
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 12:33
My Favourite EE scenes are:

The Gift Giving (FOTR)
When Faramir remembers the day Boromir left (TTT)
The Drinking Game (ROTK)
SeashellEyes
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 03:59
FotR- the rest on the banks of Anduin, because of its intensity, RRrr!

TTT- Eowyn's stew, because its, well, funny
and Faramir's flashback, because shows the two brothers' relationship

RotK- Eomer finding Eowyn, because its so emotional
and theHouse of Healing, because I love the song that is played... plus it is kinda cute to see Faramir and Eowyn holding hands
and the Mouth of Sauron, because its so gross I am left in awe
Nimgilwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2005 08:59
My favourite scene is in The Return of the King, is when the riders of Rohen ride to Gondor. I love that scene because its beatiful, and when Theoden speaks against the riders, then I'm jalous because I wanna fight! I wanna be like Éowyn, because she's a woman who fight's, she can do that. I can't because there is no one where I can fight with.
~Aiwë~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2005 11:02
FOTR The hobbits singing at the Green Dragon, and the gift giving

TTT The Elven Rope (Frodo and Sam are climbing down the rocks of Emyn Muil) and Eowyn's stew because its so funny

ROTK Houses of Healing, Mouth of Sauron and In the Company of Orcs
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2005 02:46
FOTR: "At the Green Dragon" is my favorite, too!

TTT: Gotta love "Ent Draft"!

ROTK: This is kinda wierd, but my favorite is "The Voice of Sauruman":evil:
Angel_Of_Athens
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 12:00
Wow I have so many favorites.

FOTR: Haldir scenes

TTT: All the scenes. Theodred's funeral and the battle mostly.

ROTK: Mouth of Sauron and Eowyn and Faramir. Saruman's death and Gothmog's death.

[Edited on 24/5/2005 by Angel_Of_Athens]
TinaHalfelven
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 02:09
FOTR - Uh... I guess the little bit right before the Fellowship left Rivendell with the elves saying goodbye and Frodo going "Left or right?" OR the extended bits in Lothlorien

TTT - Eowyn's stew

ROTK - Mouth of Sauron and the extended battle of the Pelennor fields
Twylight_Aelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2005 05:57
FotR: Hmm... this is rather hard to say. I'd say the expanded version of the the giving of the gifts. It was one of the scenes that shouldn't have been cut. Gimli was great!

TTT: Faramir's flashback to Osgiliath. That was a wonderful scene. Aww... *huggles Faramir*

RotK: Any one who reads my old posts will notice that "In the Company of Orcs" is probably one of my favorite scenes in the entire series. I'm especially fond of the orc with the pretty black eyes who shouts "Inspection!" and whips the hobbits . I'm so glad they didn't have the orcs chase the hobbits, because they might've killed him off! That would've sucked to no end! It stunk enough that he got in trouble when it was all the hobbits' fault .

[Edited on 27/5/2005 by Twylight_Aelf]
Lorna36
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2005 03:31
FOTR: I really liked the passing of the Elves and the departure of the fellowship-where Elrond gives his blessing before they leave.

TTT: Faramir's flashback and the Elvish rope scene.

ROTK: The crossroads of the Fallen King and In the company of Orcs.
Hyperno
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2005 01:39
FOTR - The riverbank scene where Boromir argues with Aragorn (whilst Frodo listens)

TTT - Faramir's fllashback. Just BEAUTIFUL!!!

ROTK - The House of the Healing. But, far too short!!!
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2005 08:45
The passing of the elves.
Denethorsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 08:47
FOTR- Farewell to Lorien. I think it is funny when Legolas talks about the elf bread. and Merry asks how many did Pippin eat. Pippen answers 4 and farts.

TTT- Ring of Barahir. My favorite Grima scene. It is also interesting how even he notices the ring on Aragorn.

ROTK-Since it is the extended, the drinking scene with Gimli. If it were the theater one,. Rose and her baby at the end.
asleepingvision
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 03:47
I started BAWLING when i saw Eomer's reaction to seeing Eowyn "dead". That has to be my favorite scene. ::sniffle::

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Lady_Dreamer
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 08:58
I liked that scene too with Eomer. It brought tears to my eyes.

FOTR-Lorien scenes

TT-Rohan scenes and battle scenes

ROTK-Mouth of Sauron and battle scenes.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email