Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I knew it! I knew it! As soon as I wrote *deep purple* I thought of you!!!!

Black
4% (3)
Black/Brown
14% (1)
Brown
36% (2)
Brown/Blonde
15% (1)
Blonde
8% (6)
Blonde/Red
3% (2)
Red
3% (2)
Red/Brown
9% (7)
Bald
0% (0)
Other
9% (7)
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Elnath
Council Member
Send Message
I have medium brown hair and I got it bleached in streaks a while back. Although the bleached spots I dye quite often. My go to color is raspberry or red.
I tried blue, but it turned green... so I do warmer colors instead of cold ones.
(Blues typically will turn green unless you bleach your hair so that there is no yellow, because blue + yellow = green)
When I was younger I had a light brown color, and then in my younger teens before I first dyed my hair, I had five or so different shades of brown mixed altogether.
I am at a bit of a dilemma though... My hair is shoulder length, and I love it... However, I would love to have super long hair like I used to...
My hair was so long, I had to move it before I could sit down.
Annog nin daf pladan tele ci?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
It is so true what happens to blue so I usually get pink or purple. Your raspberry really sounds awesome.

My hair is down to my waist in the back and it manages to always get caught under my arms. I am getting a few inches taken off on Saturday and will decide then what colour to have my *hunk* done. (I have a piece underneath I have coloured every 5 or 6 weeks)

If you would love to have long hair like you used to then don't cut it. How about extensions? Where are you? Here in the States we have a place called Sally's and they have extensions you put in yourself and are really nice and not very expensive.

[Edited on 05/21/2015 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
To get my hair to grow, I would frequently cut it. Six inches off every three months. After that, it started took grow like crazy. I can't keep anything off now. My bangs need to get trimmed about every month.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Elnath
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen-
I live in the States, and I go to Sally's for my hair dye. I think extensions would be fun, but I want to try wigs so bad. I love my short hair. I actually want to get a long pixie, however my mom would not be down with that. But with wigs, I could change my hair anytime I want and not even worry about damaging my hair with dyes, or constantly cutting it only to want it long again.

Findemaxam48-
My bangs need to be trimmed right now, but I am kind of on the broke side, so I must wait.
I had my hair at my jawline in February and now it is almost past my shoulders. (which makes sense because the shorter the hair, the faster it grows.)

Me and my hair like to change things up consistently.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I keep my hair long, it is just the hunk I change.

I am not good with short hair...it is not me. I think wigs are a totally great idea. That way you can change the length and the colour and that would be a lot of fun.

I trim my own bangs. Get a pair of cuticle scissors....those are one ones with the very short blades. Do not cut straight across. Take tiny pieces at a time. Hold between two fingers, and only cut a little of the length at a time. Do not cut them when they are wet. My bangs go to the bottom of my eyes.

And hey, welcome to the Council of Elrond, Elnath.
Elnath
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen-
I have bangs that are hard to cut on my own. It takes hairdresser talent to get them right because my bangs aren't straight across. I have tried many a time. Plus my hairdresser is my friend, so why not go? LOL
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I have gone to the same girl for 7 years now but I am fussy about my bangs. She can do all the rest, but don't touch my bangs!
Elnath
Council Member
Send Message
my hair done (before pink):
my hair when it was long and I let it air dry:
My best friend has long beautiful elf hair I mean seriously:

I have pictures somewhere where I did my little sister's hair Like Legolas'...

[Edited on 05/22/2015 by Elnath]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
My friends love to style my hair, since I am about two inches from being able to sit on it.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Edhelharn
Council Member
Send Message
I don't style my hair. I'm one of those people who shun makeup, fashion, whatever, though I don't mind if other people do it. My mom cuts my hair at home, and it looks fine. She cut layers into it once by tying my hair as a ponytail on top of my head and cutting straight across. Instant layers. I get it trimmed every once in a while, just a couple inches. It's about down to the small of my back now at its longest.

I used to have bangs, when I was about ten. They reached a little past my eyebrows. Then I convinced my mom to let them grow out because I hated getting them cut every few months.
Image Image Love is the strongest force the world possesses - Mahatma Gandhi
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Elnath, do you still have those bangs?

My purple hunk was freshened up on Saturday and I got about 4 inches cut from the bottom.

I have been out in the sun a little and my sun kissed strands are coming back.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am happy for this sunny weather! I can't wait for my hair to get natural highlights again.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My hair was so dark just a month ago and now with this heated sunny weather, I am surprised how much it has lightened up. And not all of it gets lighter, just some strands all around which makes me happy.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Same! I love getting natural highlights. No dyes needed! Mine typically stay for four months after most of the sunshine is gone.
Elnath
Council Member
Send Message
lindarielwen-
I need to get them trimmed, but yes I do. I love this so much.
Although I really have been thinking of getting a long pixie.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
What is the difference between a long send a short pixie?
Elnath
Council Member
Send Message
Max-

Here are examples.

Short:

Long(this is almost exactly the one I want):
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I really like the second one.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am having my hunk done on Saturday. I let my girl pick the colour. I love how the sun lightens my hair.

Maxie would you get your hair cut that short? My hair was short, but not that short, when I graduated from junior high. Never, never, never again. I thought of getting it cut right to my chin not too long ago, but changed my mind. And I am sooooo glad I did.

To me, the only dif between the two pics above are the bangs.

This is the latest pic of the back of my hair

[Edited on 08/04/2015 by Lindarielwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Beautiful, Lindarielwen! We have a very similar hair color.

I had my hair cut to my ears when I was nine. It looked awful. That is a contributing reason to why I like my hair long.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, your hair is gorgeous!! Be sure to tell us what color your girl does for you. I am sure it will be beautiful!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen said: ... This is the latest pic of the back of my hair ...

I have finally figured out why your latest pic had me scratching my head! In the pic before that (November 04, 2014), you had a hat on, a grey thing with, for recent European standards, a wide brim; we would certainly consider that to belong in the cowboy (-girl) hat category.
It certainly changes the total impression quite vividly! Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks for the kind words about my hair. With it being so long, you would think I would wear it in a lot of different ways but I just wear it down. I do like to put the coloured piece in a braid now and then.

My hunk is now dark blue...very different from my usual pink or purple. I probably won't get this colour again but she said it will lighten up as I shampoo.

Check out Timeless Salon on Facebook and scroll down. They do a lot of creative things with colour.

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, your hair is absolutely beautiful! Your blue chunk sounds lovely. And I like those blinking stars in your signature.

I've been meaning to get an updated picture of my hair in here, but keep forgetting to get one of my sisters to take one. Ah, maybe one of these days.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Council Member
Send Message
My hair's catching up to Thorin's (finally), though it's more the color of Fili's (naturally curly strawberry blonde, natural, not dyed). Everytime I cut it off to shoulder length, I always end up regretting it, so it's only trims from now on, no matter how old I get (I just turned 43 last month). Even when I had to renew my driver's license, I left it down, since last time, I had it back, so it looked like I had a pixie cut (which wouldn't suit me at all, since I'd look like a guy, and I even prefer guys with long hair. I think the men in our day and age should take inspiration from the men of Middle-earth, especially the dwarves, since I find long curly dark hair much more attractive than long blonde straight hair, which I find rather dull and dreary).
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Hair Colour: Purple
Style: Buzzed, i.e. super short
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Evil~Shieldmaiden said:Hair Colour: Purple
Style: Buzzed, i.e. super short

Hair Color: *shrug*
Style: now that you mention it - ah yes, not surprised.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, Evil~Shieldmaiden, let's see a pic of that purple hair!

I would love to do mine all purple but it would have to get bleached and I don't want to do that to my hair.
Eadburga
Council Member
Send Message
My haircolour is maghogny Brown... with some red lines in it!!
~I aear can ven na mar~
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I had my hunk coloured red for the holidays and I love it. My girl also put some curls in my hair instead of the usual flat iron straightening and I love that as well. It is fun to play with colour and different styles.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
No outside help for any of my hair.

But what I do notice is that head, beard, mustache and eyebrows just do not seem to be able to agree on a uniform color. Makes me think of siblings who have gotten old, grumpy and cantankerous. Image

I must correct my above statement: No outside help that lasts more than max a day; the mustache does use the help of (weekend) coffee for some temporary darkening ... Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, my friend has brown hair and eyebrows and a brown mustache but his beard is kind of salt and peppery but mostly brown.

I have seen guys with dark brown hair and grey beards.

So I wonder why that is.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
So, I realise most people have no idea what my hair looks like so, I'm going to add 3 pictures below which describe (and show) myself and my hair! I once had hair to my knees, which is why I now rock variations of pixie cuts

This is myself, now (though my hair slightly longer now.

However - my hair is currently the bottom right colour:
Image[/url]

But! There are times, when my hair looks like this, as I frequently cosplay as Frodo:

[Edited on 12/29/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Lindarielwen, that's a genetic thing. My dad starting graying at 21 and unfortunately, I got that gene. Without a beard, I got gray hair on my head. If I let my hair grow out I'd have almost totally silver with a single group of darker hair right at the widows peak. I haven't let it do that in forever. Maybe when I hit 70. I'm letting it get lighter - more toward strawberry blond than the darker red I used to prefer. Natural color is dark blond, which I never liked. Heh...
<< First45678
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email