Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Which collectible is the best?
on: March 19, 2007 04:14
I'm pretty new for collectibles. I though of making a poll where you could recommend a collectible. Because so far I have no clue which are worth getting.

Edit: Sorry if a poll like this has been made before...

[Edited on 20/3/2007 by Lorienel]
Statues / Busts
0% (0)
Dolls / Action figures
13% (2)
Jewellery replicas
19% (3)
Weaponry replicas
50% (8)
Posters / Artwork
0% (0)
Games
6% (1)
Dishes
0% (0)
Other
13% (2)
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Post RE: Which collectible is the best?
on: March 20, 2007 04:21
Honestly if you are collecting for personal enjoyment, then I would say whatever you like the best. But the weapons are definitely worth collecting. I have 4 and they are very well done (the ones from United Cutlery anyway). I have action figures, collector's plates, weapons and some misc. but the weapons are my favs and are probably the most valuable.
TolkienLibrary
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2007 03:15
I'm for sure a booklover and collecting books is my passion! So yes books are the best. No film merchandise can top a 1st UK Hobbit for example
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 01, 2007 09:50
I would say jewellery, because in addition to it being a fantastic collectible, you can actually use it. I own an Evenstar and wear it quite often - it's not one of those things that sits at home gathering dust. You can use it, it's out and proud! But to be fair, owning a piece of LotR weaponry would be exciting... still, I would go for the jewellery.
Will_Belegon
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2007 07:23
I have one of the Anduril replicas from United Cutlery and I am very happy with it. I also have some of the figurines that I like.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2007 01:47
I would totally collect all of them if I could. But if I had to chose one thing it would be books I've managed to find a few rare Tolkien books And nothing is nicer then the feel of a good old book.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email