Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Crazy stuff you have done in real life relating to LOTR
on: February 09, 2013 10:08
Hey you could decorate with all the stuff you got from Denny's!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2013 10:10
I could! I could have the menus and do a hobbit meal with cake afterwards.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2013 10:42
Yes, you should! I think Sara Lee has a frozen lemon poppyseed loaf. You slice it and make it like French Toast, cut it in squares, and you now have Misty Mountain Treasure!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2013 04:26
they don't have the Hobbit menu here! :'( sad. he he. do u think it will come back out when the second movie comes out?
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2013 04:27
I hope so!
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2013 08:03
they better have it! or else i will go and protest! he he
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2013 10:49
I have finally completed my cloak project! I'm hoping to get some pictures of it (with me in garb...hopefully, still trying to convince my Mom that it is okay to go and watch the Hobbit in garb) I might be able to get some pictures of it this weekend.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2013 11:14
So, I work at a high end Bed and Breakfast, which also has a restaurant and bar. They recently redecorated the restaurang and bar with a new color scheme and stuff. Anyway, they are going for this alchemy theme, but when my fellow geek coworker and I saw the bar's new paint job we were like, it's a cave, like in middle earth! with jewels in the ceiling and everything. So then we were like, the bar is turning into a Dwarf cave, we should have a theme night. Then I started planning this middle earth party in my head of course.
Then a couple days ago I was ironging these 100% cotton table clothes with a really crummy iron because the good one broke. And I was really, really bored and after laughing about how slow this was and the silliness of the "stain resistant" coating that supposedly reduces how often you have to wash them, until it wears off... I thought, "we should have ordered tableclothes from Lothlorien, then the food would just fall off, and they would be wrinkle free. But no, in true (insert business name) fashion, we cheaped out and ordered from Mirkwood. But since everyone has been talking about how the bar looks like Dwarf cave, they just assumed that everyone who works here is a Dwarf, so they sent us the EXTRA wrinkly ones." My friend and I were laughing pretty hard about that one.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2013 12:12
Isn't is wonderful to put yourself in Middle-earth as you go about your daily life? You are lucky to have a friend to share this with you. Most of us here, do not.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2013 12:17
starofdunedain, that is one terrific Birthday cake! What flavour was it?
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2013 09:43
Congrats Lastiel! How did it turn out?
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2013 05:09
It was chocolate with creamy frosting. It's almost gone now. 8O
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2013 05:44
Oh, the cloak is so warm and soft, I don't think I'll ever really go back to wearing sweaters. Unfortunately for my family. LOL
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2013 05:50
he he. cloaks are like nice warm blankets wrapped around u, don't u think?
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2013 12:48
Oh, yes it is like a nice warm, toasty blanket!
Taug anin ú-daug.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2013 04:59
When there is a chill in the night air, I love to wear my cloak.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2013 08:32
ok, so this is somewhat crazy! yesterday, my cousins were over for my mom's bday party. we always play sword fighting and Shekia warriors. while we were playing shekia warriors we decided to stop and mix it with the old version and the new version, and then add some new things to our game. (we made this up) So we started all over agagin. I was a Shekia warrior and my brother was a wizard. My cousin Liam was a Ranger. so when Mac, the farmer, was questioning us why were were here? who are you? all of that, Liam and i said at the same time with out planning, " We wish to stay at the inn. Our business is our own," then Mac goes, " Alright, i made no offence! it's my job to ask questions after nightfall," Liam, Mac, my brother Levi, my cousin Finn, and me all started laughing. the other kids there who have never played this and have never seen LOTR or anything didn't get it. btw, if any of u have questions about Shekia warriors, PM me
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2013 02:47
Quote from Lindarielwen on February 16, 2013, 14:59
When there is a chill in the night air, I love to wear my cloak.

Thats not crazy, thats awesome! I would love to see your cloak, if you ever get a picture of it, I'm really interested in Lotr costume.

Crazy stuff I have done myslef, got dressed up in Ranger garb and gone out to do photoshoots in the forest. I also only wirte using a quill and ink, tea stain all the paper I use to look like Parchment, Sanded my desk so it looks old, engraved it with celtic knots, Design my room to look like a Lotr/fantasy place. Making my garden ito a rivendell/forest area (even if it is small).
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2013 03:01
I'm trying to learn Sindarin, so I constantly write words and phrases all over my homework and sometimes even in textbooks. It's usually the same things over and over because I can't remember very much.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2013 07:45
Cool!I think the differnt launguages in Lotr are facinating!
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2013 09:44
Chris, I do not think any of the things you do are crazy...not one bit....it all sounds wonderfully normal to me. It would be awesome seeing you in the woods when I go out for a walk. I got my cloak at an antique shop long before I even knew about Lord of the Rings. It is black velvet, lined in white satin, no hood, and the clasp looks like a braided Celtic knot. I wore it just last night with my Elvish ears. My friends no longer harass me about it....
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2013 02:20
Thanks Lindarielwen, Your cloak sounds beautiful, I appreciate your kind words!
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 01:49
Aragorn16Estel everything you do is totally awesome! In fact none of the stuff everybody here says they do is crazy, it cool really. The topic should be called: Cool stuff you have done in real life relating to LOTR.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 02:14
Ariadwen, I must totally agree with you! You are correct, none of us do crazy things regarding our love for all things Tolkien. We are the normal ones! I never realized I was normal until now.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 11:20
Normal is relative. To most of us here wearing cloaks and wanting to walk amongst those in Middle Earth is completely normal. To those who obsess over sports that is normal to them while what we do is abnormal in their eyes. So I guess my point is, if you do things that others think are weird or strange and they are normal to you then you must be doing something right!
Taug anin ú-daug.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2013 11:12
Okay...I went on a hike with some of my friends in the woods around our house. Of course we took our walking sticks with us. And we "fought" orcs, goblins, spiders, trolls, and maybe some other things with the sticks. No, I am not a normal teenager. Yes, I'm a nut.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2013 02:54
ImageSounds like Awesome fun, what most teenagers get up to....I think I'd rather be a LotR nut!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2013 10:46
Oh, I know I'd rather be a LotR nut!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
ZergLuxRusher
Council Member
Send Message
3 months ago I was bored in school at geography class and I writed the name from Quenya in Tengwar: http://postimg.org/image/c68rzglc9/ , that day I got three 5 marks (that is biggest mark in school at Croatia) then next day I writed it also in the my book for Croatian Language and I get 5! (my first 5 from Croatian class ever xD) So next week friend who was sitting next to me noticed that my books for school are full of: http://postimg.org/image/c68rzglc9/ he asked me what is that and I yell Quenya! xD Now whoul class think I am Lotr Geek cuz I was these week tryed to make them start to read Lotr books , The Hobbit , Silmarillion
But I think Quenya in tengwar gives me luck , maybe it is Placebo effect
I wish the more people start to Love Lotr , The Hobbit , Silmarillion and all FROM MIDDLE-EARTH !
Sory for bad english (I am one of the best pupils in english class) but I often made mistakes!

[Edited on 05/12/2013 by ZergLuxRusher]
In a hole lived a hobbit...
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
That's beautiful ZerLux! Do you read the English or Croation version of the books? Maybe you could start a Tolkien club at school. Your English is very good, just one thing, those pesky irregular past tense verbs. It's 'wrote' not 'writed'.
ZergLuxRusher
Council Member
Send Message
Ohh ok tarcolan
I will try!

I read Croatian version!

ZergLuxRusher
Council Member
Send Message
I forget to write, today at swimming pool in my city I accidentally yell out:
FOR GONDOR when I was jump from jumping board! xD
I need to learn how to control my Lotr/Tolkien side!

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
But that's awesome, Zerg! I wanna do something like that sometime. And get stared at.

I've probably said it already, but when we went to watch The Hobbit, we dressed up for it. And we were the only ones dressed up. So therefore we got stared at like we were idiots. It was awesome.
ZergLuxRusher
Council Member
Send Message
HAHAHAH
But the best is to look peoples faces when they watching you!
Its precious!
Council Member
Send Message
This is related to the hobbit-
My sister was trying to make her bed, and I kept pulling the sheets off, just to irritate her, and finally she tackles me and wraps me in the sheet yelling something like, " ha! I trapped you in the spider's web!" so what did I reply? "attercop!"
And ran out of the room laughing hysterically to get on CoE.
...all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email