Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
LOL nice 213415, gotta love our sisters xD. Liked ur comment.
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 05/20/2013 by 213415]
...all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us...
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
OK, so i dont know how crazy this is, but i changed my name on gmail to Iellwen! my elvish name! lol. it is funny!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
But you love your Elvish name so that is fine...good for you. As for me, I still wear my Elven ears when I go out.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
ZergLuxRusher
Council Member
Send Message
Nice!
Sory for these noob question but how to know my elvish name?
In a hole lived a hobbit...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
On the side of the page there is a list of things. Run you mouse over "Languages of Middle-Earth" and click on "Elvish Names Database".(A link for it if you need it: http://www.councilofelrond.com/elvishname/) Then type your name in the little box, select a form of Elvish, and click "Submit", and there you have it.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
ZergLuxRusher
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you!
My Quenya name is Valdon
It isnt so bad xD
In a hole lived a hobbit...
Council Member
Send Message
Today I was shopping with my mom and she said, "do you want to go to the Citadel?" I got soooooooooo excited because I was thinking, you know, the Citadel of Gondor (not that we have one of those anywhere near, but still)
She was referring to the Citadel Mall nearby, which has no connection whatsoever to Minas Tirith.
*sigh*
Daeneth
Council Member
Send Message
One time I went to a con, and brought some lembas that I found the recipe for here on CoE, although I think I ate too much of it myself, so that the cinnamon thinned out my blood, since I had nosebleeds for days after... People were like "YAY! Lembas!" when I offered it to them. Of course, I was dressed as an elf. And there was an all-elven photoshoot at the con, since there were so many elves there! I think "Lady Elrond" was with some journalists or something, so she rounded up ALL the elves at the con and took a picture of us. We also have a rather famous elf here in Norway. Marita Tathariel. At least she claims that she has fans from everywhere, and that's why she has English vlogs mixed in with the Norwegian. I guess I'm veering off topic. But she was there and had a speech! And I was there and asked her questions :3 She said she really liked this page and that it was here she learned Sindarin.

Now that I have read all the funny things you have done or do, I wanna wear my elvish ears out! (school, at the mall etc.) It wasn't so bad going round the capital, having little children telling their mothers: "Look momy! An elf!" when I went home from the con.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
213415 said:Today I was shopping with my mom and she said, "do you want to go to the Citadel?" I got soooooooooo excited because I was thinking, you know, the Citadel of Gondor (not that we have one of those anywhere near, but still)
She was referring to the Citadel Mall nearby, which has no connection whatsoever to Minas Tirith.
*sigh*

Haha! Though if someone said that to me, I would be more likely to think of the Citadel from Mass Effect first lol.
jakalova
Council Member
Send Message
On two of my Magic the Gathering decks I have LOTR sleeves. Eye of Sauron on my pet deck and The One Ring on my other deck. I do enjoy quoting Gimli when frustrated or angry. When new people are hired at work I explain that the back of house is Mordor, and "one does not simply walk into Mordor!" My boss thinks it's funny.

@213415: You must be a SC denizen as well.

[Edited on 06/03/2013 by jakalova]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, so we were out today, and we were driving threw town, and I saw a small store called "The Green Leaf". Yeah, I though of Legolas Greenleaf.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
There was a housing development here called "The Shire"...they had to take the sign down.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
I did a fishtail braid on Sunday, only my roomie noticed though...sign... I fully intend to do it again sometime when my parents are here and go to lunch at The Greenleaf restaurant, just because. Oh, and my arms were burning so bad doing it, fishtailing your own hair is SERIOUSLY hard.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Daeneth
Council Member
Send Message
HuldahMaria said:I did a fishtail braid on Sunday, only my roomie noticed though...sign... I fully intend to do it again sometime when my parents are here and go to lunch at The Greenleaf restaurant, just because. Oh, and my arms were burning so bad doing it, fishtailing your own hair is SERIOUSLY hard.

I can't fishtail anyone or anything. I contemplate stuffing my old wig on my piggybank-globe and try braid its hair for practice.
Daeneth
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Crazy stuff you have done in real life relating to LOTR
on: June 11, 2013 04:38
Cillendor said:I'm trying to learn Sindarin, so I constantly write words and phrases all over my homework and sometimes even in textbooks. It's usually the same things over and over because I can't remember very much.

Haha. I have a whole notebook dedicated to Sindarin. And when my Spanish-teacher sees me droodling funny signs in my book, she gets quite impressed since I can study two languages in the same class. Try to write down an entire small conversation. "Mae govannen." "Im [your name here]." etc. I hate my teachers for giving me silly exercises to do, but quantitative studying like that is the one that helps the most. If you use the dragonflame dictionary, you can look up words as you go along. And the courses here. That's a great help.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
As soon as I learn someone's name I try to think of what it is in Elvish, then call them that. Me and my friend used to drive people crazy by singing lotr parodies all lunchtime, and sometimes I get funny looks when people see my desktop background covered in sticky notes with lotr quotes on them. And I got told of for reading out 'The Fellowship of the Chips' really loudly. Oh, and I'm glad there's so much about cloaks and dressing up on here, because me and my friend are planning to dress as Fili and Kili for pranks week! And am I the only one who doesn't let anyone into my room unless they tell me the word for friend in Elvish?
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh yeah, and if I ever get a wordy maths question I reword it using LOTR stuff
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Council Member
Send Message
My sister was chasing me with scissors and a two-pound weight (yes, this happens quite frequently) so I ran into my room and locked the door. (I wasn't even that annoying! The point is, she's clearly overreacting!) so she starts to bang on the door, like run into it with her full weight, and I just started chanting, "Grond! Grond!"
She didn't find it nearly as amusing as I did.
Gabrielochka
Council Member
Send Message
I became an elf, dwarf and viking hairstylist, and it's become one of my actual jobs. I was thinking of having a salon and calling it Locks of Lorien or Rivendelicious

[Edited on 03/13/2014 by Gabrielochka]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Locks of Lorien is a great name. Any LotR fan will recognize *Lorien* instantly. The other name is too much like that show Jerseylicious where the only thing those stylists did was fight and argue. Your hair looks great, good luck in getting a salon. Go for it!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love the name as well! If you lived closer, I would definitely go there. Just make sure Lorien isn't trademarked.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Good thought about the trademark, Maxie. I bet it is.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I know that some buisnesses get the green light for it though, I recall seeing a salong downtown with references to "Guys and Dolls" and "The Wizard of Oz." I would look online, Gabrielochka, to see if you can use the name.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gabrielochka
Council Member
Send Message
I like the Rivendelicious one myself haha. Tomorrow I am doing someone's hair like Ragnar Lothbrok on Vikings, but he doesn't want the sides shaved like that, so I have to get creative

[Edited on 03/16/2014 by Gabrielochka]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Best of luck! That is an ambitious hairstyle!
Gabrielochka
Council Member
Send Message
I think it turned out well for a first try but I want to try it again and do it even better.

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1979704_445857045547143_2056820759_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/1939511_445862282213286_2047182646_n.jpg
coolhorses101
Council Member
Send Message
I have completely covered my schoolwork with elvish and quotes from LotR! and I have a homemade bow/quiver/cloak!
coolhorses101
Council Member
Send Message
every full moon/light night Ilove to ride my horse around in fully dressed in a homemade cloak/quiver=arrows/ bow Hehe I'm nuts.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
That does not sound nuts to me...I think it sounds wonderful!!! Next Full Moon is April 15.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It does sound fun to me as well! I would love to!

Lately I have been hard at work improving my archery skills...
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
Heeheehee. One time at church, the double doors to the room me and my friend were exiting were closed, and I pushed them open like Aragorn did in TTT. *sigh* As soon as I did it I thought of him.
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth_Ravenlock asked to borrow my guitar pick because she misplaced her's. After handing it to her I said, "Please return it when you're done...'it is Precious to me'".
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
HAha! I've said the same thing when a friend requests to borrow a violin bow.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I stand on my cellar and shoot at Wargs Haystacks. I hit them if I'm wearing my contacts
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email