Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Legolas the elf prince
Council Member
Send Message
I'm reading the 75th anniversary edition but I couldn't afford any other ones because I bought sting
arwen1300
Gosling of Vána
Send Message
I have one fairly new copy from 1998 or after (couldn't find the publication date) and several illustrations.

I also have a well-used (starting to fall apart) sixty-second printing revised edition (June 1977) No illustrations except the maps in the front.

Both are from used bookstores.
Image If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin
Bad Luck Turin
Council Member
Send Message
Mine is the paperback Collins Modern Classics one. Always loved it, perfect for catching my eye as a child.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I have a recently annotated version. Very cool except I end up reading the book and skipping the notes or reading the notes and skipping the book.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ready for this, everybody? Drumroll, please....

First Edition.

Or, at least, I was. I got to the second page, and then was too scared to touch it. It is ona special shelf all of it's own, at the moment. I bought it at a yard sale for 25 dollars, and thought it was steep, but, oh well. I brought it home and noticed it was weathered, and then I looked up the information on the Internet. Multiple sources confirmed it, but I am going to have to find some place to take it, to see if it's for real and I haven;t been giving myself false hope. But all signs point to yes.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
OMG Maxie First Edition! *Applauds* and for $25!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email