Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1718192021Last >>
Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im just going to take a guess that it's the woman. Seems unpredictable. Plus, we don't know the guys motives for throwing her against the wall, etc.

Am I taking this too seriously?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
No your not.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Good. So, what was the answer? Who was the antagonist of your little blurb of experimentaion?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
The guy, he is hired to kill the escaping queen.

So I was challaged to list 10 books that have stayed with me. Unfortunately I do not have ten friends on facebook to challange. Could you guys help me. I will only post your username, list, and the fact that you are from CoE.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Sure! I would love to. So what are the exact perimeters of this? You need to say ten books, and then we say?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Ten books as well, I believe Maxie. My brother did that thing. At least, think it's the same thing.

I'll help, Cenor.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Just ten books but then you half to challange ten people but you don't have too.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Okay! I will try to post/PM the books soon.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Okay. It comes in pints?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Haha! I know what that's from!

I will post three now and the rest in a little while.

1- The Bible
2-The Girl of Fire and Thorns- Rae Carson
3- The Book Thief- Markus Zusak
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
4- Lord of the Rings- Tolkien
5- I am the Messenger- Markus Zusak
6- Wintergirls- Laurie Halse Anderson
7- Cut- Patrica McCormick
8-Emmanuel's Veins- Ted Dekker
9- Black- Ted Dekker
10- Crank- Ellen Hopkins

And here is a poem that I wrote, imitating e.e. cummings.

Sunset

The day’s last breath of life,
before it spirits away to a place unknown,
encasing the weathered firs of a pine into brilliant orange
before it passes.
Look,Look!
See the way that the rays make the ground glow?
As if it were a lake laden with gold.
Everything halts, just for a moment,
in overwhelming gratitude towards the sun.
A marvelous thing of beauty; it sits all day
in order to rejoice when it falls.
And all falls silent-
hush, hush-
as Apollo paints the sky lavender and magenta
before he vanishes into the inky blackness.

OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
@Cenor: I'm willing to take you up on that, if you still need recruits. But before I post my list...so they all have to be books I like? And do they have to be books, or do short stories and poems count as well? What about children's picture books?
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I think any book counts, OneSizeFitsAll.

Can we post more than ten?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
If you wan't but I will only post ten on Facebook Yes any books.

Love the poem!

Here is another "Whose the Bad Guy."

The man watched silently as the house went up in fire. Two gun reports told him that they had killed the man and his wife. They had already tomahawked the oldest son in front of his parents. Just then an Indian appeared dragging a girl with golden hair. He was leading her away to his village. No he thought I won't let him do that. He raised his gun and peered through his sight at his target.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Nice poem, Maxie.

Gotta think on that one, Cenor.

My books:

#1. The Bible
#2. Rangers Apprentice series - John Flanagan
#3. Percy Jackson series - Rick Riordan
#4. Storybound - Marissa Burt
#5. The Rivers of Judah series - Catherine Farnes
#6. Wings of Dawn - Sigmund Brouwer
#7. The Two Princesses of Bamarre - Gail Carson Levine
#8. The Adventures of Pippi Longstocking - Astrid Lindgren
#9. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - A. Conan Doyle
#10. Ella Enchanted - Gail Carson Levine

I think those are probably mostly my favorites...just watch though, when I'm in bed tonight, I'll be like, "UGH. Why didn't I think of that book earlier???"
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
@Cenor: The girl is the bad guy! Please?

@Mareth: Ella Enchanted is pretty hilarious.

My Books

1. The Bible-God (starting to feel a bit cliche... )
2. The Silmarillion-Tolkien (gotta have at least one Tolkien on a site like this)
3. Tikki Tikki Tembo-Arlene Mosel (kid's book *blush*)
4. Mr. Standfast-John Buchan (Actually all the Richard Hannay books...that just happens to be my favourite)
5. Swallows and Amazons-Arthur Ransom (and its sequels...)
6. Girl of the Limberlost-Gene Stratton-Porter (because it's sooo bad it's not even funny. I hate to say it off a classic, but Worst. Book. Ever!)
7. Chronicles of Narnia-C. S. Lewis (in memory of the good old days when I had a crush on Edmund, Eustace, and Digory all at the same time and read all the books forty times each. Which is why I never read them now...)
8. Skeleton Key- Anthony Horowitz (And all in the series. They're terrible, but I have to admit...I like them)
9. Orthodoxy-G. K. Chesterton (I'm so weird...)
10. Bleach-Kubotite (Um...does this one even count? But I had to put it on here...)

And I just KNOW I'm forgetting all the best ones!!
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
@onesizefitsall- We randomly quote #3 around my house sometimes. And I really enjoy Chesterton. I haven't read Orthodoxy, but his poems are great. Everlasting Man is really good too. I haven't quite gotten through some of his other stuff. Someday when I don't have school all the time.....
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have read Orthodoxy! Didn't care for it much, though.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I will give you guys a hint: It is either the Indian or the man.

These lists sound great!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Man. That is my guess.

So, why do you guys write? Has that been bounced around on here?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
You are correct!

The biggest reason I think is that I want to share the stories in my head that I enjoy so much. What about you Maxie?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Because I can't not write. I have a message to say that is important, and the good Lord knows that I'm not going to be outgoing enough to go up to people and talk to them about what I have to say. So I have to tell a gloomy message somehow, and the only way I can do it is to have these conversations with people I invent and have it all be in fiction.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
I write because usually I think I have an awesome story idea. I sit down and write it because I feel like it's a story worth telling. Even if no one else likes it, I want to see how the story ends.

@maxie- just out of curiosity, has your library gotten a copy of my book yet? I'd love to see what you think.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
No, it hasn't! Gah, it's I think thirty fourth on their list to buy. I have friends who work at the library and I am applying, so I am doing everything in my power to get to it!
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
I'm sorry to keep replying to everything really late, but life with a broken computer is...not life.

Anyway, @rhodi: You've read Tikki Tikki Tembo? You're my instant hero!!!!! All these years and you're the first person I've met outside of my family who had read it! I like everything I've read by G. K. Chesterton so far (ever read, The Man Who Was Thursday?). I haven't gotten around to reading the Everlasting Man yet, but several of my siblings have, and loved it.

@Maxie: Why not, out of curiosity? Too boring? And great question, by the way.

I write because I would be bored to death if I didn't. Besides that, I love words, and putting them together to make them sound funny, or clever, or gloomy. (Which is why I tend to write more poetry than prose...I love playing around with rhyme, alliteration, imagery, etc.) And then to top it all off, I love to think about things from other people's perspectives, throw new ideas out for all to see, and have fun in my own imaginary little worlds.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I was reading about 20 other books at the same time. Might pick it back up eventually.

You should post some of your poetry for us! Speaking of interesting prose, has anybody here ever read Ellen Hopkins?
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
@ OneSizeFitsAll- and yes! You should share some poetry!!

No, I haven't read any Ellen Hopkins.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
She is fantastic. But I would say she is more for older readers, she tackles things like drugs and abuse, and there is some rough language. I will not elaborate any further, because that is not what CoE is about, but I love the way that she worked her story: free verse poetry on every page.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I haven't read any Ellen Hopkins either.

Have you guys read the False Prince?
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
One more who hasn't read Ellen Hopkins. Or the False Prince.

I'm too shy to post my poetry. *runs and hides*
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
How about PMing it?
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
O.O Even worse...
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Post it anonymously?
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Is that possible?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, just say "I did not write this"
<< First1718192021Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email