Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Post Your Favorite LotR Movie
on: July 18, 2013 11:52
So, guys, whats your favorite LotR movie, and why? 8O
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
For me, Return of the King...extended...is my favourite. I loved them all, but Return of the King wraps it all up. We went on the journey with the Company. We fought battles with them. We felt their losses. Return of the King brings it all together as we tell them all goodbye.

...and then we can go and read the Appendices for more...
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That last bit is true! My favorite is The Two Towers, extended edition
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with you, Lindarielwen, Return of the King EE is my favorite movie.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I dont think Ive ever made it all the way through RotK EE. Its supeeeeerrrrrr long, but for the sake of the forum I shall try
sifolio
Council Member
Send Message
return of the king, hands down the best
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have FINALLY made it all the way though RotK EE!!!!!!!!!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Hmm.... there are things I don't care for in each. I'd have to say Fellowship because it has Aragorn... I mean Strider, singing the Lay of Luthien. But the Arwen part still pooz me to tears.

dont think Ive ever made it all the way through RotK EE.

Yeah, I know the feeling. It surely has me asleep usually during the Paths of the Dead part. I love PJ getting skewered by an arrow. consider it from me every time. The battle is good, but then they just have to kick back and let the dead scour the battlefield, making it way too easy. Of all of the EE, its the one I've watched the least.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Similar to the book(s), I consider the movie(s) to be one single, very long movie (11 hours total in the EE versions). I actually did a single-sitting run-through of all EEs on a Saturday some years ago, with a suitable number of intermissions for obvious reasons. The movie kept me in the attentive suspension of disbelief mode all the way through – but when my concentration relaxed after the end, I felt exhausted. It feels almost like they need to post one of these warnings for risky things shown on TV: “Do NOT do this at home!” It was also one of the rare times where I managed to get my internal nitpicker to take a nap, a hike, a vacation … whatever, maybe he just passed out at an early stage.

[Edited on 12/06/2013 by Gandolorin]
LithonielGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Hmm, i must say that is difficult. All three movies are amazing and each one has its own clever story which comes to life with such a powerful and moving cast. Including Orlando Bloom (Legolas) Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn) etc. But if i had to choose it would be the third one. I'm new here, so feel free to say hi.
El sila erin lu e-govaned vin. (A star shines on the hour of our meeting)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email