Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Eusonia
Council Member
Send Message
Post Elven Clothes help needed!
on: July 27, 2013 02:25
I dont know if this is the right place for this, please alert me if it is not...
So, I know this doesn't sound great but I still have my childhood baby dolls and they need elven looking outfits to go in my room and I was wondering if anyone knew how to make elven infant clothes? Also, any ideas what a young elf would wear? I assume elves are babies at the start of their lives...?
I miss you. I miss you both. I miss you every week, ever day, every hour, every minute. Every second I shatter once more under the weight I have to carry. My heart bleeds afresh from this old wound.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I think you saw my advice when you put this under another forum...but did you see the thread on here entitled Your Original Middle Earth Creatures? I would check that out.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eusonia
Council Member
Send Message
I have looked but I havent found it that much use to me...
I miss you. I miss you both. I miss you every week, ever day, every hour, every minute. Every second I shatter once more under the weight I have to carry. My heart bleeds afresh from this old wound.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would try re-watching the movies then, or finding passages in the books that describe Elves. If you search online for rthe passages, that will be of help to you as well. But I would think that the clothes would be slightly flowing and not very fitted...hope that helps
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Hi Eusonia, I'm pretty sure there are a few essays on Elven clothes online, so I'd try googling 'canon (or Tolkien) Elven clothes', or medieval children's clothes, which should come up with images as well. Those can then be adjusted for dolls. Or you can just browse the galleries of your favourite Tolkien artists and see what Elven children wear in those images. I know for example Karina Chmiel drew some Middle-earth children, both of Elves and Elf-friends, and she seems pretty knowledgeable about medieval costuming (after all, she designed the costumes for 'Born of Hope', I believe?). Once you've picked a design, you can consult out Last Homely House section (left menu bar) for costume-making help, or our thread for Elf costumes in this forum; or you can ask one of the prolific costume makers at DeviantArt. I believe there are some members of e.g. the 'Elves of Tolkien' club who make Elven clothes for dolls.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The thread for Elf costumes is on the next page, I believe, in case you need help finding it.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email