Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First910111213Last >>
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
It appears Istalon is still having computer issues this night so I don't know. Linriel will hang around...she likes his wine Image
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Looks like Itarildë made it back on time! I'm really enjoying this RP, everyone's characters are so complex and I can't wait to see what Cenor's Creepy Character does... and Bildarion for that matter
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Crossed Paths has been through many characters and has endured a lot of changes. Members have come and gone. Some have come back only to leave again, others never came back and some came back and stayed. Start to read it from the beginning, I think you will enjoy it. It is only 46 pages.

Bildarion is my attempt at writing a guy. I am not very good at it so he is sort of my learning experience. Have you portrayed a male character? One of your own making?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Not yet, but I'm planning for Hirnaeranin to be my first own-making male character

I may go back and read from the beginning at some point! But I'll need to set aside some time

I'm hoping to stay as long as possible! I know I've only been on CoE for six months-ish, but I tend to be here almost every day

[Edited on 05/31/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
If you read a page every day, it will only take about a month and a half and now that I am thinking about it, all of us should read the whole thing. Hmmm..but thinking about that, I think the pages are quite long so even half a page a day would be fine. I am sure I have forgotten a lot of it and those who were not here in the beginning might enjoy knowing the entire story.

The one who started it all, dear Ella, has not posted in ages and she was quite good and is missed. Her character, Ella, and her Fili have been left in Mirkwood and can resume their role at any time should she decide to come back.

I am here everyday, in the morning for a while and I come back in the evening. I hope you are with us for a long time!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I've read some of it, just not everything....

I am not meaning to insult Itarilde, just according to an Elf of It's age...Itarilde is pretty young...If I need to change it I will! Just let me know.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
It's fine Cenor, I'm not quite sure when CP is set, but I've always said Itarildë was born in T.A. 1774, so going by that, I usally say Ildë is only about 1200 and something years old (if we're in a time similar to that of the Battle of the Five Armies and after).
Image Image
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Well the Whisperer was born in the First Age...so yeah
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Haha yes, he's definitely a lot older than Itarildë
Image Image
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry for the length of that post... and of course, pictures make them look even longer. Lindarielwen, HuldahMaria, do either of you know if the roleplay has ever taken us to Rivendell?
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around much. I was house sitting with my sisters this past week and didn't have access to Wi-Fi for the second half. I have been keeping up with the posts as much as possible and should have a new one up soon.

You all are writing fabulously as usual!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
We have not been to Rivendell.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Wolfie, never say you are sorry for a *long* post. Your writing is always very creative and a delight to read so keep it up!

Ilde, your char is older than Linriel who is 1037. How old is everyone's char?
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë is 1,552. One of the older ones in the group.

Now it was my turn to write a very long post. I hope that isn't a bother to anyone and that it was alright.

[Edited on 06/02/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Ah, so Itarildë is older than some of the others. She acts younger I think, mainly I'd say because of 'sheltering'. She does leave Rivendell, she just doesn't go very far, or when she did go far, she came back for a long time and stuck around.

Everyone's posts were so nice post-toast!
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I think Irime is the oldest then not counting our dear Firstborn, Thurinlass. After her is Itarilde followed by Linriel then Eleniel. I am not sure but I think Adonnenneil is next followed by Ilyea then our sweet Meri and Beri and of course our human, Harn is the youngest. I think that is all of us.

I am not sure about the last four (not Harn) until they post their ages.

All the posts have been wonderful, everyone!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn is 19 now if anyone doesn't know

Should the wolves attack the horses or should The Whisperer just give everyone a piece of fear?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I think we are enjoying the little sense of fear, that bit of the unknown that The Whisperer is bringing to the story.

If a wolf attacks Meldir, he will kill it. Image
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, Huldah. That makes things easier. I have a character I may add in, just briefly, and Rivendell may be the place to put him (if you lot would be happy to travel there after we go to Cuivienen, though that may be a long time away).

Beriadanwen is 387 and Merilwen is 413, so I think they are actually a little older than Ilyea, if I'm right. But although they are now fully grown, they are a little short for elves, Beri especially, and that along with their generally mischievous expressions make them look younger than they are (in relation to human life-cycles). Also, although they are mentally matured, they have little experience and have lived with only each other for company for a long time, so are often childish.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Rivendell sounds like a good place to visit, Wolfie. This role play was revamped as a journey around Middle-earth so Imladris is a likely place to visit.

Merilwen and Beriadanwen are a delightful, light hearted addition to Crossed Paths.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Ooh, so we'll be going to my dear home Imladris, then? I'm sure after our journey to Cuivienen, everyone will be close enough friends for Itarildë to introduce them all to Lord Elrond; bar Írimë of course, who he already knows.
Image Image
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Rivendel sounds fun!

[Edited on 06/04/2015 by Cenor]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, we should go to Rivendell after Cuivienen but that will take a while.

Cenor, how many wolves are now amongst the horses? We are preparing to fight something but I still don't know what. Will there be some sort of battle? (I hope so) And if yes, against what?

We do need a little action for a change.

[Edited on 06/05/2015 by Lindarielwen]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Just Bloodlust...and he was there. For a future post please leave Bloodlust unburied when the company leaves that area.

Well It has "vanished" for tonight. When will It strike next?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am not sure how long we will be at camp... still have to spend the night and I am not sure if Thurinlass is going to tell a story. It really would not be typical to leave the carcass unburied for any length of time...it would be buried immediately.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
*facepalms* That was a stupid idea...okay how about burying the wolf under stones? A sort of shallow carn?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Perfect...you read my mind

And hey, no ideas are stupid. You are a very creative person and come up with a lot of really great ideas to enhance this role play so keep bringing on your *stupid* ideas
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Great posts, everyone! I look forward to seeing what will happen next.

Lindarielwen, you got me again with Bildarion. That guy has so many secrets!
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone, sorry for my absence! I'm indefinitely on clinical now, and working all the hours sent my way at work! So I'm stretched again!

So, my apologies if my post is rushed. I just wanted to make sure Ildë stayed in the loop! I may edit if I see anything that could be improved upon
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Ilde, your post is just fine and gives me something to work with.

Do not apologize. The idea here is to have fun, not to be bound to make a long detailed post when time does not make it possible.

Some posts are long, some posts are short...but they are all interesting and fun to read.

Having you as a member of this role play is a joy. Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Ilde, your post is just fine and gives me something to work with.

Do not apologize. The idea here is to have fun, not to be bound to make a long detailed post when time does not make it possible.

Some posts are long, some posts are short...but they are all interesting and fun to read.

Having you as a member of this role play is a joy. Image
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Lindarielwen. I'm trying my best, but yesterday I just couldn't think of anything entirely elaborate!

I'm hoping Maxie and I get to work on our original idea we had for our characters, and that I eventually bring Hirnaeranin into the RP. It's all about timing!

EDIT: I've editing my last post to add a bit of background to Hirnaeranin and it looks like he'll be coming along soon enough. If everyone is okay witht that?

I just had a look at the post tonight and decided it was a good idea to flesh it out a bit more

EDIT EDIT: Turns out I made the post a little too long. Sorry everyone!

[Edited on 06/13/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Friends:

I apologize for my absence of late. My cousin, who is nine years of age, has fallen fataly ill and I have been staying with my Aunt and Uncle in order to watch their other children, and in preperation for a possible goodbye. I will post today (6/14) but I will be returning to them tomorrow for the surgery that will decide whether the young boy lives or dies.

I would like to commend you all on your latest post, I am thankful to be among so many so talented.

Lastly, there will be no story this night. The area is no longer safe in the mind of Thurinlass. The company will be moved at least across Anduin before they sleep.

--Istalon.

[Edited on 06/14/2015 by Mr.Panda39]
The sky is afire with wroth, and the rivers are red with blood.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Friend Istalon, do not think of it! You are dealing with a lot right now. I pray the situation will turn out with the best possible outcome.

We have friends over for a few days, so I will post when I get a chance. I hope I don't hold anything up.

May sunlight grace all of your paths,

~Song
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Hello All,
I apologise currently for not posting! I'm trying to keep track of things, but my part-time job and studies at the hospital are getting over my head! I'll be back as soon as I can!

Istalon - I hope all is well, and send my best wishes to you all.
Image Image
<< First910111213Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email