Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First4950515253
Author Topic:
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë watched as several others began to cross the river. Eleniel waded through with her horse, followed by Adonnenniel and Harn and their mounts.

"Aren't you coming?" Eleniel called. Meri and Beri seemed hesitant to enter the cold, dark water and Írimë did not blame them; the river frightened her as well. The two maidens were much smaller than most of the others, and had no horse to guide them. She was about to offer them assistance when Itarildë stepped forward and asked if they would like to ride with her. The maiden smiled as she passed her friend and stepped into the river ahead of her. It would be good for them, help to build trust within the group.

Whispering encouragement to her horse, Írimë stepped deeper into the water. The first few steps were easy enough but as she waded further in the current grew stronger. She sucked in a breath when the frigid water closed around her waist. Her bones ached from the cold. A moment later she chanced to look up just as Harn went under. His horse plunged ahead, leaving her master floundering in the darkness.

"Harn! Hold on, we are coming!" The Elf waded toward him as quickly as she could, holding onto her mount for support. Only a couple of steps away from the boy now, she stopped her horse. The ground here was unsteady, churned up by the previous horses. "Mellon," she said to her horse, "Stand firm." Wrapping the lead rope around her hand the maiden stepped out and grabbed the thrashing boy.

"Back up!" Her horse lowered his head and stepped backwards, pulling both of them away from the treacherous patch. Írimë lifted Harn into her saddle and held tightly to her horse. "Lead us around." Placing each hoof with care, the strong animal picked his way slightly downriver and up onto the bank.

Weary and soaking but very relieved, the maiden helped Harn down and hugged him.
"I am so thankful you are safe! May all of our other friends make it across with no more mishaps."
Then she turned to her mount. "Mellon, I thank you for bringing us to safety. Before now I had no fitting name for you, but now you will be called Taltulca, for your heart is true and your feet steadfast. I am honored to have you for a friend."

[Edited on 09/23/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The horse seemed calm as they entered the water, and Beriadanwen drew strength from this. Itarildë, however, seemed a little ill at ease, studying the opposite shore. The river was loud and swift, paying no heed to the time of night and never relenting in its task, determined that it should not be conquered. Over the roar of the river, she barely heard Itarildë's question. What do I think of Bildarion? That is an excellent question... She mulled it over for a moment and then spoke. "I don't quite know what to think of him. I have seen him now and then but I don't recall speaking to him. I don't trust him, but I also won't condemn him without knowing more of him." She was careful not to divulge anything that Linriel might not want the elf to know.

She was distracted for a while, thinking about the strange elf who always seemed to be dogging their footsteps, while the horse battled forward through the water. Suddenly she was snapped out of her thoughts as she heard Harn call out only to be cut off. Eleniel was a little in front of their troop, so reached Harn first, pulling him out of the water. Not today, river! Beri thought. You will not claim his life, you will not drag any of us down to your lifeless depths. She was relieved to see that Eleniel and Harn reached the other bank without further mishap, and equally relieved when she herself was back on solid ground.

She slid to the ground without hesitation, briefly thanked the horse, and went to see if Harn was alright. Since Írimë seemed to be looking after him, she gave him a smile and a nod and returned to Itarildë. "Thank you, mellon, for your kindness. If we can ever do you a favour, simply ask and we'll be happy to help you.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel felt the cool water envelope her. Her horse, Meldir, remained at her side in the darkness as they began to cross the Anduin. She felt the swiftly moving water try to pull her downstream but she held fast to her horse's mane.

As the water swirled around her, so did thoughts swirl in her head. So much has happened. Linriel thought of the times when the company was just starting out.

She looked back at the shore and saw Bildarion looking in all directions. He seemed frantic and she realized he was looking for her! She reached her arm up to wave when suddenly she lost her footing and was pulled underwater by the rapidly moving current The cold water surged around her and she felt herself being drawn into the depths of the river.

Linriel, being a strong swimmer, let herself get taken down as she held her breath. Down, down she went and when she opened her eyes she knew it would only take a few kicks to get her back to the surface. But.....when she tried to kick, something held her leg. She felt a tight grip around her ankle and she kicked a little harder, making an effort to get free. It felt like a strong hand was keeping her from rising to the surface! She twisted her body in an effort to break free from what was holding her but all she succeeded in doing was stir up the sand on the bottom of the river making the water turn murky so she could not see.

The maid tried to kick again and it felt like the grip on her ankle grew tighter! Linriel knew she couldn't hold her breath much longer so she stopped struggling and quickly reached for the dagger at her waist and began to stab wildly towards her feet. Her blade met resistance so she knew she hit something. She plunged her dagger down again and again. She could not hold her breath any longer and her mouth opened and quickly filled with water.

Linriel kept stabbing towards her feet but she knew she must free herself before she lost consciousness. She felt blackness start to envelop her when suddenly her leg was freed and she surged to the surface! Her head broke the water and she coughed out water from her lungs. Linriel took several deep breaths and looked about and saw Eleniel coming towards her, an anxious look on her face.

"Linriel, I saw you go under but I thought you were just playing and diving in the water! Are you alright?" Linriel coughed a bit more before she answered Eleniel. "I lost my footing and went down, but Eleniel, something seemed to hold me under. It felt like something had a grip on my ankle and would not let go." Linriel shivered as Eleniel took her hand and guided her to the shore on the other side of the river.

Bildarion tore off his bloody and torn tunic and used pieces of it on his arms to stop the blood from flowing. He buried it under some thick shrubs before he pulled on a dry tunic and went back to the edge of the river and began to cross alone.. He saw everyone on the other side and he waved to them. His daughter, Eleniel, was sitting with Linriel and all the others seemed to have crossed safely.

He called out to them as he came ashore. "Aiya, so we are all here." Bildarion smiled as he looked at all of them but then he noticed one was missing. "Thurinlass? Where is Thurinlass?"

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë took off her dripping cloak and slung it over a branch to dry. The maid shivered as she collected twigs and sticks to start a fire. A great splashing came from the river and she looked up in alarm as Eleniel helped Linriel out of the water.

"Linriel, I saw you go under but I thought you were just playing and diving in the water! Are you alright?" Linriel coughed and the answered, "I lost my footing and went down, but Eleniel, something seemed to hold me under. It felt like something had a grip on my ankle and would not let go."

Írimë's eyes widened when she overheard Linriel's news. It seemed this venture was ill-fated indeed, if such things happened only the first night out of Lorien. Flames began to lick at the kindling and she slowly added bigger sticks until the fire was glowing brightly.

"Come, everyone! Warm yourselves by the fire." She filled a pot with water and brought it to a boil, then added tea leaves. "Here is hot tea to help bring rest to our weary minds."

Her brow wrinkled at the news that Thurinlass was missing. Where could he be? If he didn't turn up soon they would have to abandon the trip to Cuiviénen.

[Edited on 09/21/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë smiled at both Meri and Beri, then led Silmë towards the other horses, thanking him for his strength and kindness in carrying them ashore.

The fire had been lit, and Írimë was nearby, and Itarildë was beginning to walk towards her, when she looked up to see Linriel and Eleniel both drenched and looking bedraggled. She also noted Thurinlass' absence. Where could he be?

Itarildë had also overheard of Linriel's misfortune. Making her way over, she cast a black glance in Bildarion's direction, for not watching over Linriel. Despite her mistrust of him, she understood he must care deeply for her.

"Linriel, are you alright? I hear you were dragged under the water."

-------------------

Hirnaeranin awoke with a start and looked down at the pouch at his waist. Lifting it, he emptied the contents into his palm, then subsequently cried out when a white hot flame ripped through his palm. Looking at what he had dropped upon the ground, he saw it was the ring he had promised to take to the Lady Itarildë.

How odd... I wonder what power this ring holds... Maybe I'm imaging things.

Running a hand through his hair, Hirnaeranin once more got onto his steed and rode off into the night. He had to make up more time, or he wouldn't catch up to the company travelling towards Cuivienen. And with so many Elves in attendance, who knew what could befall them? Especially considering some of the more well-known members he'd heard had joined them...
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Green51leaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruion wandered along the paths near the Lothlorien, closely guarding the borders of the land that had helped him in his time of need. This time however, he was several miles off of his normal route for no apparent reason. That is, until he sensed a night darker than any he had sensed for a long time, directly in his path. This is not normal said a voice in his head. Setting up camp on a ridge near the river, he partially fortified the ridge and stood guarding the impassable water boundaries. His head began to swim. Against his habit and training, he fell asleep. In his dreams, he saw a boy with a scar and a group of elves.

-------------

He awoke with a start to hear shouts and singing. What is going on here?, he mused. Rousing and looking down, he saw a merry fire. Too far away to see identify friend or foe, he took his bow and an arrow, readied his sword, and took off to the fire.

[Edited on 09/22/2015 by Green51leaf]
"Not all who Wander are Lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel shivered, not from the cold, but from the thoughts weighing heavily on her mind. I know something was holding me underwater. It was not a vine or some creature. It felt more like a strong grip.... by a strong person

She looked around at the company. All were accounted for except....except.....Thurinlass! Where could he be? He was supposed to lead us across the river! Linriel shivered again and spoke quietly to Eleniel. "Have you seen Thurinlass? It is not like him to just vanish especially since he knew crossing the river might prove dangerous." Linriel was relieved to see that Irime prepared a fire and was making a kettle of tea. Just what she needed to calm herself. The maid stood up to get closer to the fire but her legs were unsteady.......

Suddenly she felt strong arms encircle her, keeping her on her feet. It was Bildarion. "Linriel! Linriel! What happened? I saw you go under the water but I know how much you like to swim and dive. I was looking for Thurinlass so I turned away but the next moment your head was above water and you were gasping for breath."

Bildarion looked at her face with great concern and he pushed her hair from her eyes. Eleniel came to stand next to Linriel and spoke to her father. "Ada., Linriel lost her footing and went under the water. When she tried to kick, there was something holding her leg."

The formidable Elf turned sharp eyes to Linriel. He saw a bit of fear on her face which was so unlike her. He remembered watching as Linriel held her sword with two hands, running through a group of orcs, slicing and stabbing at any evil creature in her path. But now, her face showed concern and worry...and a nagging touch of fear.

"Linriel, What happened? What has frightened you so?" Bildarion looked deep into Linriel's eyes. "What happened?"

She answered, "I saw you looking for me and I waved but lost my footing and went under. I let myself glide to the bottom, but when I tried to kick my legs, something was holding me down. I kicked and tried to get free but couldn't so I drew my dagger and stared stabbing towards my feet. Water began to fill my lungs but I kept stabbing and finally, me leg was freed. Eleniel saw me surface and came to help me. That is all I can tell you." Linriel finished, a little breathlessly.

Bildarion looked towards the water, still rushing, never stopping, and noticed the current was strong. He turned back to Linriel. "I should have been with you during the crossing but instead I was looking for Thurinlass. I do not know where he has gone, but come, let us sit by the fire" To Eleniel he said, "Thank you daughter, for looking out for Linriel." Bildarion put a protective arm around Linriel and was pleased she did not shake it away as she normally would.

The three Elves joined the others at the fire and Irime brought Linriel a mug of tea. "I heard what happened, Linriel. How terrible for you. I am so happy it turned out well." Linriel nodded at the maid and took a sip of tea and let the warm beverage soothe her.

Itarilde joined the group and spoke words of comfort to Linriel and the maid replied, "Itarilde, thank you for your concern, I think my leg was caught on a vine and I couldn't get back to the surface." Linriel took another sip of tea. "But enough of this talk. The night is beautiful and full of stars. Let us have some much needed fellowship and song. Bildarion, would you please get my harp for me?"

Bildarion smiled and eagerly went to Meldir's saddlebag and retrieved Linriel's small harp. He handed the delicate instrument to Linriel saying, "I have not heard you sing in a long time, meldanya." The maid returned his smile and started to strum her harp and sing softly.

It wasn't long until the rest of the small company joined in the merriment and song and music filled the night air.

It had to be a vine....it had to be

[Edited on 09/23/2015 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"I am so thankful you are safe! May all of our other friends make it across with no more mishaps."

"Thank you," Harn coughed. "For saving me."

Nodding his gratitude to Eleniel, he took the cloak she offered him and wrapped it around his shoulders. The next thing he knew, Linriel had almost fallen captive to the river, but had been rescued by Eleniel. A fire was started and tea hung over the inviting flames, but cold thoughts ran through the young man's head. It was here. He remembered his times as a slave, seeing a tall figure wrapped in black with two wolves trailing at It's heels. The map he had picked up, he could still picture every detail of it in his head. That night he had run, and only a few days later he had been found by the company.
There was only two things to do, neither one was appealing to him. Either stay with the Elves and bring on more trouble, or start running again and pray that the evil one didn't find him. He shivered as he made his fear based decision.
Linriel began to sing, driving Harn's decision even deeper. Everyone's attention was focused on her or the song, he was sitting across from Linriel, and no one was looking at him. Slowly, he scooted away, before slipping out of the firelight altogether. As quietly as he could, and when the song increased in volume, he stole away to where the horses grazed. Finding Ithil, he put the tip of his forefinger against his lips, indicating silence.
"We can take the path above the river bank," he whispered, strapping his saddle to her damp flanks. "Its dry up there and won't leave marks. No trees there, so we won't make a sound."
Digging his fingers into Ithil's white mane, he pulled himself up onto her back and turned her head to the south. He sighed as Linriel's horse planted his hooves and refused to let them pass beyond the circle of horses.
"Come on," Harn hissed. "Let us out. Please?"

[Edited on 09/23/2015 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë sat down within the circle of friends and firelight and sipped her cup of tea. It delighted her when Linriel suggested they sing, for this is what she had wanted before their troubles earlier in the night. Closing her eyes, she felt the music carry her away to beautiful and distant times and places. Then, something brought her back. A feeling...

She opened her eyes and looked around the group. Thurinlass of course was missing, but so was someone else. Where is Harn? Although she had only known him less than one day, the maiden felt a strange connection to the boy. Had she not already rescued him twice? What coincidence led her to him right when he needed help she did not know.

There was something else too; a new presence, though this one was not unfriendly. Slowly Írimë stood and left the group, wandering into the trees as if to check on the horses. Harn was up on his horse, apparently trying to leave. "Harn, what is wrong? Please, can I help you?" she said, looking up at him with a worried expression. Suddenly she froze, listening to the night. "Someone is coming." Appearing unconcerned, she drew her dagger and held it at her side, waiting.

[Edited on 09/24/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Meldir snorted at Harn and stomped his hooves as if bidding the boy to stay. Ithil put her nose against the neck of the mighty stallion as if in agreement. Both horses turned as they heard a soft voice speaking to Harn, asking if he needed help.

Meri and Beri sat close to the fire, letting it's warmth ease the chill of the river from their slight bodies. Itarilde sat with them and it wasn't long before they joined in the singing.

Eleniel settled close to the fire as well and she cast a glance at her father, Bildarion.
She noticed he was smiling at Linriel as the maid sang and played her harp. I wonder what would have happened if they had wed...if my father never disappeared into the night so long ago.

The singing continued but the flames burned low. Bilarion stood up. "Continue singing. I will bring more wood for the fire." As he left, his hand brushed Linriel's hair. Eleniel smiled as she observed a slight blush cross Linriel's face.

[Edited on 09/24/2015 by Lindarielwen]
Green51leaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eurion was in a clump of trees close to the fire. Yes, there it is. Peering from behind the branches, he could see a large bonfire and could hear eerie singing. Off to his left, he saw a figure walking into a clump of trees.

Stalking through the underbrush, he saw a young man mount a horse and try to leave before another figure came and stopped him. That was it. Eurion was prepared to fight, and started to stalk toward the figures.

Suddenly, he saw a figure rushing through a break in the trees to his left. He drew his sword, rushed forward and hit the figure with the flat of his blade. Bildarion hit the ground without a sound.

----------
Bildarion smiled as he remembered the good times that he had with Linriel. "Continue singing. I will bring more wood for the fire." As he left, he brushed Linriel's hair. Continuing on, he started as he realized what he had done.

Smiling, he walked through a hedge of trees. Stopping, he thought he sensed that same cold malice as before. The feeling disappeared. He picked up a branch. As he bent down to get another, he heard a crack. Looking up, he saw the boots, then nothing.

-------

"First one down" he breathed. Seeing the others still around the fire eerily singing, Eurion continued to the horses. Cold... He started, confused... "What am I doing...", he wondered. his mind straightened out, he continued. Sneaking up, he started to wonder at the singing, then he saw the two still standing there. Thinking the human in trouble, he snuck up and drove his sword at a downward angle. One of the figures spun and blocked the swing with a large Knife.

While in sword lock, he saw his opponent's face. He was stunned. His enemy was a Elf Maid. Faltering, he was struck. Blackout.

-------

His mind swirled. Unconsciously, he saw the boy on the horse. "I know him...". As his mind searched for answers, he felt cold. He saw, no no no, he felt it, no... he heard it... a cloud of evil malice creeping over the landscape. He heard a voice... it was evil. A hate that he had never encountered before. The voice was speaking... You cannot escape.... Nothing. Just... blackness.

[Edited on 09/25/2015 by Green51leaf]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am posting this on behalf of Song

Írimë heard a thud as someone fell to the ground. Her heart pounded in time with the running footsteps coming closer…closer. At the last instant she spun around, blocking the overhead swing of the clocked figure. The fire flared in the background, briefly illuminating her attacker’s face. He was not a hideous orc or the evil shadow from before, but a man.

The overwhelming need to protect Harn quickly overcame her surprise, and in one fluid motion she sidestepped him and drove the hilt of the dagger into his temple. The man toppled over heavily and Írimë sheathed her knife and knelt beside him. Good, he was just unconscious. “Harn! Help me carry him.” She quickly tied him up and then took hold of his boots and began to drag him toward the camp. A few steps back and she tripped over something. Bildarion!

“Linriel! Eleniel!” she cried. Would this nightmare never end?

Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Harn, what is wrong? Please, can I help you?"

Harn turned around quickly, and almost guiltily as Irime. He bit back down the temptation to lie and stared at her a troubled look in his eyes.

"Everything is wrong," he choked, tightening his grip on the reins. "The only thing you can do is keep away. Don't follow."

Trying to turn Ithil around, back towards his escape Meldir still blocking his path and his mare unwilling to leave. His plan fell to ruin as iron rung against iron. Leaping off of Ithil's back, Harn drew his sword from its place by his saddle, but the fight was already over, Irime having knocked the man out. Sullenly, he stared at Irime tying the man up, and carefully approached her when she requested aid. He helped her until she tripped over the prone form of Bildarion. Hearing her cry for the others, Harn released his hold on the unconscious man's shoulders.
"Don't follow," he repeated, backing away.
Turning swiftly, he vaulted onto Ithil's back and whirled around Meldir's guard. Turning Ithil's head to the south, he galloped out of sight.

~~~

It knelt by the pile of stones covering the body of It's beloved wolf. Taking off a mask that covered the upper portion of her face, It knelt by the rudely constructed carn. Hazel eyes stared down as a gloved hand caressed the rough stones.
"Foolish wolf," a soft tone issued from It. "Why did you go out for revenge so soon? Dear dear Bloodlust. I shall miss you."
A tear glimmered on the edge of the hazel eyes, before falling down a pale cheek, the lack of color from no exposure to the sun. The hazel eyes flashed as It stood back up. The company would pay for this. It would deal with the boy so that the secret would not be let loose, then take vengeance. It stalked back into the night, where a shadowy horse grazed on the dying grass.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri and Beri hesitantly joined in the singing, so quietly they were barely heard. The sound of the gentle elven voices mixed with the beautiful notes of Linriel's harp lulled them almost to sleep. Unaware of the strife just out of earshot, they sat together by the fire. Beri leant against her cousin, and Meri took her and held her close, just as she used to on winter nights when the air was cold and the darkness seemed never-ending. And, just like those times, they took comfort in each other, in the knowledge that they were not alone. No matter what else, no matter who we lose, we will always have each other, Meri thought.

Beri lay still in her arms, having finally succumbed to sleep. Meri, though equally exhausted, sat on the damp ground and began to think, to remember the times when it had been just the two of them.

Beri ran through the trees, laughing, Meri chasing her. Beri tripped and cut her arm on a sharp rock. Meri cleaned it and bound it up with a rag torn from her tunic...

Meri's shoes were stolen when they were staying in a small inn, and Beri took off her own boots and tied them to her pack, so that they were the same...

The two of them huddled under a bush, riding out a storm. Running through some meadows the next morning, their clothes soaking wet, shouting to the sky that it could never bring them down...

A few days after they had been asked to leave the Elven Halls of Mirkwood, feeling so jealous as they passed villages where people greeted each other cheerfully, everyone knowing everyone else, all living in harmony. Feeling so alone, if it is possible to feel alone together...

She was so tired and so wrapped up in thought that as the others came and went and called to each other she neither heard nor saw them at all.

[Edited on 09/25/2015 by wolfbladequeen]
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel stopped in the middle of her song when she heard Irime cry out. It took her a moment to realize that Bildarion did not return with wood for the fire. She noticed Meri and Beri were sleeping and she smiled at the two cousins as she stood up. Her smile faded as she heard another cry, and Linriel dropped her harp as she ran in the direction of the horses.

As Linriel reached the horses, she did not know what she was seeing. She first realized that a horse was galloping away and it seemed to be Harn riding Ithil. She looked to the ground and there was Irime trying to rouse.....Bildarion! What is going on here? Linriel hurried to Irime and the fallen Elf. "What is this, Irime? Was that Harn riding away? Did he do something to Bildarion?" As Linriel asked her questions, her hand went instinctively to the pouch around her waist. Fumbling around, her hand found what it was looking for...a small sprig of peppermint leaf. She crushed the leaves gently in her hand and put them under Bildarion's nose. "A tulta tuolya, a tulta tuolya," she whispered. Irime poured water on a cloth held it to Bildarion's forehead. "What is going on here, Irime?"

As Linriel spoke, both maids heard footsteps. It was Eleniel rushing up, a worried look on her face. "What is,,,,?" She stopped talking as soon as she saw her father lying on the ground. "Ada! Ada!", she cried and looked to Irime and Linriel. At that moment, Itarilde came onto the scene. "I did not want to leave the camp but thought help might be needed." It took another moment for Itarilde to take in what was happening.

At that instant a moan was heard. The four Elves looked to the bundled figure laying on the ground, starting to stir. Another moan escaped his lips and it was then that Irime spoke. "That, that man, came upon Harn and me at the horses. Harn was bent on leaving and I was trying to stop him. It was then that this, this......" Another moan and the maids walked slowly to the figure on the ground. "He drew his weapon and it seemed he would cause me injury so I drew my blade and managed to hit him to the ground. Harm helped me drag him to the tree and tie him up. It was then that I tripped over Bildarion. Harn chose that moment to mount Ithil and leave. I do not know where he is going."

No one spoke for a while as they stared at the prone figure on the ground. The figure moaned again as Linriel gave it a shove with her boot. "He must have been the one who attacked Bildarion. Look at his clothes! He is a Ranger! Why would a Ranger attack us? We presented no threat." she said. It was then that Linriel felt a hand on her shoulder and she turned to see it was Bildarion. "Throw some water on his face. Get him up. We will find out what caused this folly," said Bildarion sharply.
Green51leaf
Council Member
Send Message
Voices... "He's waking up..." Light! Yes! Pure light like the end of a tunnel. Fading... The light fading... Webs! Sticky webs of evil... Binding... Traped... Light! The Light!

-------------

Eruion woke and groggily shook his head. His eyes blurred. Closing his eyes, he used his other senses to find his surroundings. Tied. His hands were tied. Smoke. He was tied near the fire and sitting on a stump. Opening his eyes, he saw... Orcs! Eruion began to struggle.

The guards began to shout and gather near. Eruion got mad as they laughed and danced around him. He heard someone shouting in Black Speech. He began to black out again. Eruion struggled for his life.

Nothing... Just blackness. White! Blinding white light! Gasping, Eruion looked up and saw several maidens in shining white clothes and a man dressed as the brightest of stars. His vision cleared and he saw the elves, standing around him looking concerned. One of them was singing a soft tune in their own language.

Getting up, Eruion noticed that his head still hurt and he still couldn't think clearly. As the elf finished her song, his mind cleared. Looking at them again, he asked, "Where are the Orcs!?" One of the elf maidens answered "There are none. It was a dream." Turning to her, he asked "And your name is?" "Irime. My name is Irime." answered the elf. "Then thank you for your help. Now, is there any way to repay this debt?" asked Eurion. "Yes." answered Bildarion. "You hit me with the flat of your blade and struck at a woman. That qualifies you to repay us. On top of that, one of our members has run off!" As Bildarion spoke, someone started yelling their head off right outside the camp.

Through the trees came Harn, yelling at the top of his lungs, screaming about orcs. Just as he got back to the group, dozens of Orcs came in from all sides, effectively surrounding the company. "Can I have my weapons!?" cried Eurion. One of the maidens untied him and made ready their weapons. Throwing weapons at Eruion, Bildarion stood, facing one corner of the camp, his hand upon his sword.

As the orcs came in within reach, each warrior drew their weapons upwards from the sheath, killing the first Orc in range.

The battle began...

[Edited on 10/01/2015 by Green51leaf]
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel shoved the unconscious man with her boot. "He must have been the one who attacked Bildarion. Look at his clothes! He is a Ranger! Why would a Ranger attack us? We presented no threat."
"Throw some water on his face. Get him up. We will find out what caused this folly,"
said Bildarion sharply.

"Linriel, you are right," Írimë said. "Something is amiss here. Perhaps he was placed under some kind of enchantment? After the other events tonight it would not surprise me." As the others discussed the matter amongst themselves, Írimë began to sing softly. There is power in song, her father had said, and this was proving to be true.

The Ranger started to struggle against the bonds that held him both outwardly and inwardly. Finally he gasped and opened his eyes.
"Where are the Orcs!?" the man demanded.
"There are none. It was a dream."
He turned his head toward her. "And your name is?"
"Irime. My name is Irime," the maiden answered.
"Then thank you for your help. Now, is there any way to repay this debt?" he looked first at her, then to the other members of the group.

"Yes." answered Bildarion. He barely covered the anger in his voice as he spoke, "You hit me with the flat of your blade and struck at a woman. That qualifies you to repay us. On top of that, one of our members has run off!"

Írimë glanced over at Bildarion with a glimmer of new respect. Whatever else he was or had done, he always sought to protect his friends. When he was around, that is. She did not know much of Linriel's story, but it seemed Bildarion had deserted her at some point many years before.

"Orcs! Orcs are coming!" Harn ran into the clearing, gasping for breath. The pounding of many feet behind him confirmed his words.

"Can I have my weapons!?" The Ranger shouted.
Doubting the wisdom of what she was about to do, Linriel untied him and Bildarion threw him his weapons. "If you dare to harm any of us I will run you through with no hesitation," the tall Elf said grimly.

Írimë positioned herself in front of two young cousins, hands on her swords. The next instant orcs burst through the trees and ran for the group. Her heart pounded in her ears as they came closer...closer. The twin blades of moon and sun flashed in the firelight as she drew them forth and cut down the first orc. Her world seemed to slow down and she spun and drove the deadly swords into another enemy.

They were sorely outnumbered. How long could the weary group hold out against the dark forces? Soon the sun would rise over the trees in the east...

[Edited on 10/03/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Fell fate had driven him back, now he would stay for a time with his companions. Raising his sword, Harn charged an orc.

~~~

Earlier that Day

Imrothon swayed in his saddle as Aira trotted down the hill. His thoughts were turned to the finishing touches of the song that had plagued his mind throughout his return home.

Our Star fade
Let our cries
Come to you

His harp beat an awkward rhythm against his back at it swung back and forth from the jolting movements of the horse. The soft humming of the elegy contrasted oddly with the pleasant tweeting of songbirds and the warlike cries of hawks.

Blood and tears
Run mingled in rivers wide and deep

Aira snorted, as if requesting something of a lighter tone from his master. The Gray Havens was too long of a journey to be singing the way his master preferred. Imrothon patted his steed's copper colored neck and fell silent. They came to the Anduin, but the elf would not take the mountain passes, preferring the Gap of Rohan, even if it took more time, over the treacherous snow. He camped by the river, enjoying its laughing voice which reminded him of home. As he drifted into the blessed realm of dreams, he strummed absentmindedly at his harp breathing out the words.

Never to return to the home of the sea
The Gull of the Spear I cry to thee
Call us home

In the middle of the night a heavy oppression lay in the air, causing Imrothon to bolt out of a peaceful sleep. It vanished, leaving an air of uneasiness. Then came a cry aliken to an animals, but much more evil. The brown-haired elf swung into the saddle at the sounds of battle after hastily putting out his fire. He would investigate this skirmish, and see if there were allies that needed aid.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beriadanwen slept on as fighting began around her. Merilwen was not asleep, but might as well have been for all the attention she paid the world around her. She was dimly aware of the clashes of weapon-on-weapon, but only in some small part of her mind. And that small part whispered that it could not possibly be anything to do with her, for what had she done? Though she should have known better, she still believed, somehow, that there must be a cause for everything. No one would be attacked without reason, surely?

The cousins would have been easy targets for the orcs, had Írimë not been standing near them, slaying any enemies who came that way. If she had been roused from her tired trance, Meri would have stayed right where she was, or, if she had any energy yet to summon, she would have fled, with Beri by her side. At that moment, with nothing seeming real but the warmth of her cousin, she would not have recognised the others as her companions, or recalled that they shared this foe.

Beriadanwen dreamed of her brother.

Cylleruion sat on the floor of their flet, braiding his hair and singing something about a pony who was very naughty. Beri made some leaves into the shape of a flower, and brought it to show him. He smiled, told her it was beautiful, and then started to tickle her. She giggled and ran away, forgetting about the flower, which fell to the floor, now just leaves again. He bought a hunk of wood and, using a number of small knives and other instruments, carved a flower like the one she had made, only more delicate and far more beautiful...

Cylleruion left the flet in the morning, with her father. Her father came back late that night, her brother did not come back at all. She saw her father arguing with a tall elf maiden with a silver headdress of sorts and an aura of power. The next morning they left those woods, with her cousin Merilwen...

Just a few months later, after her father had told her what had happened to her brother... Her brother coming to her in the night, only he didn't look like her brother anymore. "Why did you let this happen?" He looked at her so sadly. "Why did you let me die?"

She had had this dream so many times before, but this time the dream changed. Instead of crushing guilt she felt a bubbling anger.

"I didn't... She said... She said you didn't die... Our father lied to me..."
"Are you sure? Are you sure she wasn't the one who lied? Or perhaps you lied to yourself?
"No... The Lady of Lorien doesn't lie, wouldn't lie about this... Please. I just want you back."
And once again as she tried to catch hold of his hand, he turned and disappeared into the darkness.

[Edited on 10/08/2015 by wolfbladequeen]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
It happened so fast.

Linriel rushed to her pack for her sword and ran back to the fray. Orcs were everywhere! The noise pierced her ears as the vile creatures attacked the small group. Without hesitation Linriel began to swing her heavy sword. One! Two! Another! She took a quick glance about to see how the others were faring. Irime was close to the cousins and was holding her own against the onslaught. A twig snapped behind her and she swung around without thinking, her sword above her head,. Four!

Bildarion had his blades drawn but was outnumbered. Just as an Orc was about to strike, Eleniel let out a screech and rushed to her father's aid. Father and daughter battled the Orcs side by side and Linriel allowed herself a slight smile as she ran to the Ranger.

Man and Elf stood back to back as the Orcs drew near. "Steady! Steady!" he said to Linriel. "Let them get closer." Linriel gripped the heavy sword and prepared for the attack. She stared at the foul creatures and waited as the creatures advanced.

The Ranger struck first, killing the Orc approaching him with one mighty stroke. Linriel charged and plunged her blade into the closest Orc's throat. Growls and curses were heard from the ugly brutes as they kept pushing the company towards the woods. Linriel knew they must fight this battle and win so with renewed strength, the maiden let out a cry and rushed into the horde of beasts.

Jabbing! Cutting! Swinging! Stabbing! Linriel felt no pity or mercy for these or any Orcs. She had dealt with them enough in all her travels in Middle-earth and knew they are just mindless killers. She used her sword with two hands and thought she should name it after this battle was won.

Just as the maiden raised her sword once again, she felt a strange sting in her side. She looked down and saw blood seeping down her tunic. An Orc growled evilly as Linriel sunk to the ground.

[Edited on 11/11/2015 by Lindarielwen]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Imrothon dropped Aira's reins and bid the copper colored horse to stay. Retrieving his spear from its sheath attached to his saddle, he dropped to his belly and crawled through the tall grass. Reaching a tree, he crawled up into its branches for a better look. Orcs, Uruks to be exact. Clenching his hand over his sword-breaker dagger he lightly hopped from branch to branch till he reached the clearing. Elves and Men fought the brutal beasts. The small company was outnumbered 5 to 1. Breathing hard, he closed his eyes, wild thoughts and pictures running through his mind.

You can do this. Its been five years since...You can resist it.

He tried the encouraging words, but that dark feeling threatened to take over. Then the elleth fell. Gripping his spear he swung from the branches of the tree and landed behind the orc that was ready to slice off her head. Drawing his dagger he slid one of the grooves around the orcish sword and twisted it so that the sword shattered into pieces as Imrothon drove his short spear into the orc's body. Kicking the carcass out of the way, the brown-haired elf stepped in front of the elleth's body and eyed the orcs with a gleam in his eyes.

Harn stepped backwards towards Irime holding his sword out defensively. He crossed swords with a large brute, struggling to keep he upper hand. The orc batted at him a few times, as if testing the young human, then launched an series of blows that drove the boy backwards. Harn retaliated with an offensive move, and buried his blade deep in the orc. He nearly fell over with the orc as it plunged towards the ground. Struggling to regain his sword, he didn't see the orc approaching from behind.

[Edited on 11/10/2015 by Cenor]
Green51leaf
Council Member
Send Message
Clang! Eurion blocked the swipe of a orc and stabbed it through the chest. Whoosh! Now ducking the clumsy swing of another, and opening in an upward swipe of his sword, cutting the chest of the orc in half. He saw a brown haired elf stab a orc and destroy the sword of the same one.

Crash! Eurion locked swords with a orc, and watched helplessly as a orc ran up behind Harn with a sword raised. Spinning, he cut the orc in half. thrusting his body forwards, he stabbed a orc. Now close to Harn, Eurion could only watch in horror as the monster approached.

From the corner of his eye, he saw the Elleth streaking across the field. Worry welled up in Eurion, and then his vision exploded with bright lights. Fighting the dark, he spun around and caught the sword of the orc. Struggling to stay conscious, he crouched and slid his sword across the stomach of the foul creature.

Dropping to a knee, he pulled his bow from it's place, he strung it and readied a arrow. A orc went down. Standing back up, he reached for another. Too late! Whoosh! A black sword sizzled overhead. Dropping his severed bow, he drew his dagger and slit the devil's throat.

Getting up, he saw another orc, threw his dagger,and stabbed it through the head, ending it's pitiful life. Picking up his sword, Eurion went after another.

[Edited on 11/02/2015 by Green51leaf]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel tried to wield her sword but it was too heavy. She saw the orc advancing and she reached in her belt for her dagger. I will stab him in his throat!

As the orc approached, Linriel noticed, from the corner of her eye, another maid rushing towards her. Itarilde!
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë felt remorse for having slept alongside Silmë for too long (how and when had she fallen asleep with all this excitement happening around her?), to then be awoken to the sounds of a battle ongoing. No matter where she went outside of Imladris, battles seemed to follow her everywhere...
Not even pausing to think twice, Itarildë drew an arrow, and shot a few of the advancing orcs in quick succession, then ran to aid Linriel. As quick as her bow had appeared, it was put away, and she drew her short sword, stabbing the approaching orc, which was looming towards Linriel.

"Know your place foul creature!" Itarildë spat a little too venomously before kicking its corpse away from her companion.

Holding out her hand, Ildë helped Linriel to her feet. Whistling to him, Itarildë breathed in relief when Silmë appeared. Her steed knelt, and Itarildë helped the fellow maiden clamber onto his back. Once Linriel was settled, Itarildë reached into a small pouch she kept at her side, then dressed Linriel's wound, wrapping the cloak from Silmë's back around Linriel. The wound wasn't too deep, but was nasty looking. Luckily, it didn't seem to be life-threatening.

"Silmë look after the Lady Linriel, I will help the others." Itarildë looked around to try and see the others in the foray, but so much was going on. "Linriel, you have fought well, but now I must help the others. Where are Meri and Beri? They are too young and easy targets for these brutes. And what of Lady Írimë?"

Itarildë tried not to think about her solider-like reactions would raise questions from her new companions. Only Írimë really knew of her past, and she was happy to leave that behind her. Although Itarildë seemed sheltered, and in some ways she was, there were some parts of her past best left there, where they could no longer harm her...

--------------------------------------------

Earlier...

"Hirnaeranin, one more thing before you leave..." said the Lady Galadriel, leading him towards the stables outside her home, her golden hair flowing out behind her like a wave of sunshine.

He was tired and eager to continue his journey. Having made good time on the road, time was short in joining the company. However, he couldn't refuse a request from the Lady of Lórien.

"Two young Elves, Meri and Beri, also left with the company Itarildë joined. They left behind their horse as they prefer to walk, however, I fear them may need her on the journey ahead of them."

Galadriel gestured towards a horse with a coat the colour of flames, and Hirnaeranin did a double-take at the beauty of the horse. Hirnaeranin tentatively stroked the horse's nose and neck. She snuffed in acceptance.

"Her name is Narroch. There is no need to lead her, she will happily follow Sirdal, as she seems to trust you enough."

Hirnaeranin clicked at Narroch, and thanked Galadriel for her hospitality. He left later that evening, fed and ready for the long ride ahead of him.

Now...

Hirnaeranin decided he could no longer stay here. Climbing atop Sirdal and keeping Narroch by their side, he rode into the night, a hollow feeling in the pit of his stomach. He couldn't help but feel something was wrong. But as he was alone and the night was still, it made no difference to him. He just hoped Lady Itarildë's company were safe. However, his instincts told him that the case was entirely opposite.

"Come Sirdal, Narroch, we must find the Lady Itarildë. I fear she and her companions whoever they may be, are likely to meet with dangers in this large forest."

Sirdal snorted indifferently and pounded on. Narroch nudged Sirdal's head defiantly and the two horses sped into the moonlit night, almost forgetting Hirnaeranin was with them...

[Edited on 11/03/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Arwen_Evenstar_of_Imaldris
Council Member
Send Message
A gold haired elf joined the fight, while the group was outnumbered, the orcs were dropping like flies. Whist slicing of the head of the last orc, one of the fellowship pointed a sword at her back. She froze, and more of the group surrounded her. She dropped her weapons, and raised her hands up to her head."Stormy, of Mirkwood and Imaldris, at your service." She reported. She let several people search her, while not knowing what to expect, finding that she had put all of her weapons on the ground out of reach already. "If I may," She asked, "Please introduce yourselves, as I already have." One that she recalled to be Merri hesitated, "What is your purpose?" "I have been following you for the last day or so, I wish to help you on this journey, Merri. I have already heard some of your names, so don't look so surprised." She added, seeing the idiotic look on his face at the sound of his name.

[Edited on 11/10/2015 by Arwen_Evenstar_of_Imaldris]
Never play an Ace if a two will do -Vairë the Weaver-
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Narroch snorted to herself cheerfully. She was happy to run through the trees with Sirdal, sometimes cantering and sometimes galloping where the path was better. She did not know the male elf-creature who was with them, though she smelled mountains on him, nor did she know their destination, but she was glad to be moving again after staying in the tall-tree-land for so long. She had been well-fed and well looked after, but she was a restless spirit, just like the young female elf-creature who had befriended her.

Narroch felt a sudden strange sadness that she could not have put a name to. She remembered a feeling - the feeling of a gentle voice whispering in her ears, breath on her muzzle - and she thought of the elf-girl. She had left Narroch behind. This was not something she should have done. Narroch had been happy to carry her and the other young female elf-creature who had the same scent. She whickered and tossed her mane, now anxious to leave these trees behind, to be somewhere... other.
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 11/23/2015 by Arwen_Evenstar_of_Imaldris]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel held tightly to Silme's mane as the horse drew her away from the battle. She felt a sharp sting in her side but knew it would pass once Itarilde's compound soothed her wound. The sound of clanging swords sounded in the maiden's ears. She heard grunts and groans as Orcs fell one by one to the skilled swordplay of the small company.

She turned and saw a flash of sun coloured hair in the moonlight. Bildarion! He raised his sword high and brought it down again and again. The hilt of the sword glimmered and Linriel realized that he was using her sword. It fell from her hands when she was wounded and the noble Elf was now using it. She thought of how it was his sword in the first place and a dark memory crossed her mind. This is not the time to think of such things. The past is the past. I must think of the years ahead. A sharp snort stopped her thoughts. Meldir was before them snorting and stamping his feet. "Shhhhh, my friend. Silme brought me here to you," said Linriel to her steed as she slid from Silme's back. She stumbled a little as she reached her horse and she paused to lean against him.........

The battle raged on. Bildarion turned to the young cousins who were being well protected by Irime and he gave a brief nod. It was then that he noticed someone new to the battle....a female Elf with golden hair. Fighting bravely, she sliced heads off the foul Orcs easily. Bildarion looked for Eleniel and she was at Harn's side, close to Irime and the sleeping cousins. This battle will be over soon, thought Bildarion. Then I must give care to Linriel, I know she has been wounded. The mighty Elf met Itarilde's eyes and he hoped she was able to see his thanks in them.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The battle continued but was drawing to a close. The Orcs were being destroyed but the company grew weary.

[Edited on 11/10/2015 by Lindarielwen]
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë watched as Silmë carried Linriel over to her own horse, Meldir. Hopefully now the maiden's wound would heal in peace and not cause her too much pain. She continued to cut down others until the numbers began to dwindle. Ildë knew that the young cousins were safe now she could see them lying behind Írimë - the elder Elf knew how to protect others well.

As her colour-changing eyes roamed around the area, they finally set upon Bildarion, the one elf she couldn't bring herself to trust. Their eyes met and she saw within his expression gratitude. At first Ildë was tempted to deepen her scowl, to show him just where he stood in her opinion, but then thought better of it, and held her Half-Elven frown in place. Her expression may have even slightly softened. But not by much. It wasn't that she couldn't see that Bildarion cared for Linriel, but actions spoke louder than words to Itarildë, and Linriel's intial reaction to Bildarion's return had sprung an alarm in Ildë's mind.

Although Ildë would have prefered to continue fighting, she had somehow struck up an almost (strange for Ildë) friendship with Linriel, and was worried now that she no longer had her weapon. Itarildë decided to stand guard of the horses and Linriel. She could see a strange human in the foreground, and the flash of brown hair on an unfamiliar elf within the trees. That can't be good... Who is that? Ildë thought to herself. No wonder Eleniel had been so cautious about herself joining the group...

"Linriel, did you see that brown-haired elf just now?" she asked her companion.

----------------------------

Hirnaeranin watched as Sirdal and Narroch happily 'talked' to one another. They seemed to have become fast friends. Sirdal had definitely perked up since the other horse had joined them. They reached a cross-roads, and Sirdal paused in his tracks and snuffled. Narroch sniffed the ground, her ears back. Sirdal nudged her nose, then flinched his back in a signal to his rider.

"Alright, boy, alright! We'll keep going straight ahead..." Hirnaeranin's eyes were strained but he thought, if his eyes weren't deceiving him, that there were shapes moving far ahead. And if his ears weren't playing tricks, the sounds of a far away battle could be heard in the night.

"Well Sirdal, you wanted an adventure!" The horse snuffed dismissively in response, and Narroch whinnied. "Well, it seemed we're heading that direction. Let's hope we get there once it's died down a little..."
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel's eyes stayed on Bildarion, her once betrothed. She admired the way he handled himself in battle and she learned most of her fighting skills from him. The maiden leaned against Meldir as she held onto Silme's mane. She knew her wound was already beginning to heal. I must speak to Itarilde about the compound she used. Eleniel will also want to learn of this. Linriel smiled as she thought of Maldor, her trusted friend in Lorien. He was a great healer but she was certain he did not know of the mixture Itarilde used on her wound.

Her eyes looked at the others in battle and she saw the Ranger who had just come into their midst fighting bravely. But then her eyes were drawn to another, an unfamiliar face. A fair haired Elf using her blade against the Orcs!

It was then that Itarilde approached and asked Linriel about the stranger. Linriel answered Itarilde. "No, I do not know who she is but I am grateful she is here. Look at her skill with a blade! She is most welcome."

Linriel turned to Itarilde but the maid was not looking at the she-Elf. Her eyes were focused on yet another Elf! As Linriel followed Itarilde's gaze, she saw, high in a tree, yet another unfamiliar Elf, a male, brown haired, watching the battle from above. She paid him no mind. We will find out who these two are soon enough

The two maids stood together as the fighting continued. An Orc got within reach and even in her weakened state, Linriel drew her dagger and stabbed it in the throat. She smiled at Itarilde. "I am feeling much better!"

Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Imrothon leaned against the tree's firm trunk. You can do this...its been five years...they trust you to keep your promise...no more...more of that. A determined light in his eyes, he slipped out of the tree and attack an orc with his spear. The number of creatures was rapidly thinning, but the warriors were wearing out. With his dagger, with a jagged edge shaped like teeth, he broke the sword of another orc, whipping his knife out to slit the beast's throat. Dropping to the ground, he rolled a few paces, jumping up in front of a dark-haired elleth standing in front of another elleth on a horse. He sank his spear into the orcs who had swarmed the area upon sensing blood.

Harn looked thankfully at the other man, the Dunedain, and turned back to fighting more carefully.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel who seemed to have reacted to Itarildë's healing well, answered her question: "No, I do not know who she is but I am grateful she is here. Look at her skill with a blade! She is most welcome. In fact, I am feeling much better!" Ildë turned to look at her friend in confusion. She? The figure I saw was male...

As she was about to correct the other maiden, something fell a couple of metres ahead, then began to roll towards them. Instinctively, Itarildë drew her short sword, aiming it at the figure, and slightly pushed the wounded Linriel behind her. Where is Bildarion at a time like this? she angrily thought to herself for Linriel's sake.

Her other hand then twitched above her dagger. She cursed herself for not having sensed anything earlier. Silmë and Meldir stood to attention their ears stiff and alert. Silmë tried to ignore the fact he had sensed that Meldir was the dominant animal here, and acted as his equal. Their maidens could be in danger!

The figure that had rolled towards them jumped up right in front of Itarildë, revealing it to be the brown-haired elf she had spotted hiding in the trees. Before she could speak, he'd sunk the spear he was holding into an advancing orc, before turning back towards them, looking at the two maidens expectantly.
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The two maids could not help but stare at the newcomer for a brief moment. His skill with a spear, no doubt, saved them from an encounter with the now dead Orc.

"Hantanyel," said Linriel as she leaned on Meldir for support. "Your presence spared us a confrontation with that beast." Itarilde still held her weapon protectively as she kept silent.

Bildarion stabbed yet another Orc with Linriel's sword and cast a brief glance towards the maidens. He noticed the fallen Orc and a newcomer. Who is that? It seems he has come to join the fray. We can always use another blade. His eyes met Linriel's as he turned back to the fight.

The sounds of swords clanging and Orcs growling continued.
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 11/23/2015 by Arwen_Evenstar_of_Imaldris]
<< First4950515253
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email