Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Post Favorite Place to Shop?
on: September 02, 2013 12:53
So, do you have a favorite place that you like to go for clothes, shoes, whatever? Post it in here!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
I do like all the clothes from Twenty One, but I can't afford any of them! I like shopping at Plato's Closet, which is an awesome second-hand store for gently-used mall brand clothing! But we do a lot of second hand shopping because we can't afford all the nice expensive clothes. I mean seriously, since when do people have enough money to buy $80 jeans?? Or $30 shirts??
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with you there. I like Plato's closet too. And lots of times, what with the second hand shopping, you can find mall brand clothes there that were from "last season" that are very cheap. Also lotrelessar, I feel like us girls should go shopping by ourselves without mothers involved
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
I get most of my clothes on ebay. I don't need clothing often, but when I do, there usually isn't anything available in town that fits what I need, when I need it since my affordable options are pretty much Bi-Mart, Goodwill, and a local consignment store. Not really helpful when you are like, I need a pair of long black leggings, pretty much guarantees there won't be any in my size when I go look.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Some of my favourite clothes have come to me second hand. My black velvet cloak came from a consignment shop...lucky me. I have gotten some great clothes at yard sales as well. Walmart is good for cheap and colourful. But for new, new, new, I go to Bealls. I am not sure if that is a Southern store. They have the ruffled skirts I like and the dresses with handkerchief hems that I love. Also Vera Bradley purses and lots of sparkly things.

[Edited on 09/04/2013 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I found a few Vera Bradley purses and such at Goodwill for...drumroll please...$5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Including the large totes and lunch bag thermals. I just bought myself a new wallet

my current favorite store is Bath and Body Works
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, Vera Bradley is awesome! My friends who are identical twins always have Vera Bradley at their house. One of them gave me a Vera Bradley mini-hipster for free! I loved it, but sadly it was too small to fit what I needed. It's a shame that Vera Bradley purses are so darn expensive, but you do pay for a really pretty, high-quality purse
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I'd rather wait until the older styles go on sale before they are "retired", becasue in order to make room for the new designs, they sell the old ones at crazy low prices. One of my friends bought a hipster for $15
Hawkins
Council Member
Send Message
my absolute favorite place to shop is Tractor Supply!! I can get anything there from clothes to tack and feed
Lothriel
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I don't think there's a Tractor Supply near me (City- dweller struggles) but I know of several friends who live out of state that go there often.

My new favorite place to shop is Amazon, since I lack the time to head out to the mall and such. When I do shop in person, though, I love FYE (For Your Entertainment). It's essentially a huge nerdy store that carries a lot of fandom items, from Lord of the Rings to Marvel to Harry Potter.
Hawkins
Council Member
Send Message
I love amazon, buy most of my books and blades from there, never heard of FYE but it sounds cool
Lothriel
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I must say I like to shop on Amazon as well. Although, I do check things on Etsy periodically.
meganjoe45
Council Member
Send Message
My favorite place to shop is Mixxmix Coupon, from here I easily can get new fashion trend by using discount codes without going anywhere, and it carries a lot of new and unique designer dresses. I mostly prefer to do online shopping.

[Edited on 10/17/2019 by meganjoe45]
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Sadly, I usually just shop online these days. But if I go into anywhere, probably TJ Maxx.
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Anyplace but online.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email