Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
20 degrees. And six feet of snow.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
We are freezing down here! Only 60* right now at a little after 9 in the morning.

Stay warm, dear Maxie.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
findemaxam48 said:20 degrees. And six feet of snow.

Yeah, just heard it on the TV news (I think even yesterday evening?).
All of Eries county is buried in snow (other counties too?).
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gando, we were on the news in Germany!?!?

Yes, all of Erie County and parts of Niagara, Genessee, Chautauqua, Wyoming, and Cattaragus counties. But they are not as heavily populated as Erie.

23 degreese now.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
No snow for us. It is 62°F here. It's supposed to stay in the 60°'s until Sunday, when it's supposed to get up to the 70°'s. Then after Monday it should be getting back down to the 50°'s.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Jealousy! It is suppost to be in the forties, maybe fifties tomorrow- figure that one out- so now we have some potential melting issues.After Monday, back to snow.

Also: we can travel again, but the grocery stores are picked over. So, we called a pizza place down the road...and they are open! We can walk to go get food.

[Edited on 11/22/2014 by findemaxam48]
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Went down to about 1.7 C, 35 F last night on our balcony, so it could have been just at freezing outside. Lowest temperature we've had here in the second half of the year. But for the region, we are headed for the warmest year of all time since recording began, unless we get Siberian weather up to New Year's Eve.

[Edited on 11/23/2014 by Gandolorin]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
In the forties, now. Beware snow melt.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
On our TV news again today. The melting could be worse that the snow.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Doesn't look like it for our area. But we will see.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
It's currently 30° (C) here.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Well, Arveleg, since you live in the antipodes (vaguely in the general latitudes of Middle-Earth), that's no wonder. Image

Low temparature last night was 41 F / 5.2 C, high daylight (hazy) temparature 47 F / 8.4 C.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
In the sixties now.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Glad you are having a heat wave, Maxie. Are the streets still buried with snow? Has there been any flooding? I did not see anything on the news.

Sunny and 75* here today.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
There is minor flooding, but not in the area. Yes, the streets are cleared, but there are still some issues. Such as school. The high school I attend was deemed structurally unsafe as well as unacceptable, and it flooded this afternoon. I will be heading on back to school December First.

Thirty two now.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Wow. Sounds...exciting, Maxie!!

It's 44.7 (farenheit) here, and it's predicting snow tomorrow. *taps thermometer* Honestly?
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
More snow again today. Currently 29.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
A white Thanksgiving here!! Which is big, for Virginia. 36 F
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
During the night Tue 25 to Wed 26 we had our first night frost (maybe a couple of degrees below), so now all trees and bushes which have hung on to their leaves are dumping them too. But since then it has stayed above freezing, so I have not had to resort to my heavy coat yet.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
28 degrees here. We had another mini snowstorm on the drive home from Thanksgiving dinner. Way to break in the new car!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Today was beautiful...sunny sky and 80*

I planted poinsettias today.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
BOO! HISS!

Temperature hovering above freezing, but continuously overcast and occasional drizzles or even short showers. The humidity makes it feel colder and much more uncomfortable. Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Okay! Okay!

Today it is raining and so so chilly...we are at 64*

tries not to snicker
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
BOOOOO!!! HISSSSS!!!

That's §$%&ß@#€ 18 C above freezing!!!

Currently -2 C / 28 F here
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Another beautiful day here in central Florida. It was 83*F, sunny, and will be the same tomorrow. January is right around the corner so a freeze might be on the way.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
It is 45*F here and overcast. Christmas day was a very pleasant and sunny 50*F. Yeah, no white Christmases here!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Stayed below freezing the last two days or so, and due to head down into the teens F the next couple of days (or rather nights).
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
28 here currently.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I can barely remember coldness like that anymore.

Going outside in a sundress and sandals at this time of year just doesn't seem right, does it?

(evil grin)
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
How cold is it where you live?

Not very. Hasn't gotten below 22°C/72°F overnight, and has been as high as 35.5°C/96°F in the day. The high humidity plays a factor in the heat index too. The thunderstorms and the associated showers help a little, but they clear off and it all evaporates and makes everything steamy again. The electric bill has been taking a hit with the air conditioners running.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Below thirty degrees with wind chill.
MeliaStormcrow
Council Member
Send Message
Around 33 or 34 degrees here. So, I few degrees warm with snow.
"The King beneath the mountains, The King of carven stone, The lord of silver fountains Shall come into his own! His crown shall be upholden, His harp shall be restrung, His halls shall echo golden To songs of yore re-sung. The woods shall wave on mountains And grass beneath the sun; His wealth shall flow in fountains And the rivers golden run. The streams shall run in gladness, The lakes shall shine and burn, All sorrow fail and sadness At the Mountain-king's return!"
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Where I live it's currently -1°C, which is about 30°F I think? We haven't been able to keep the snow that fell unfortunately.
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
It is 71*F right now with clear skies and an almost full moon.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
It is 71*F right now with clear skies and an almost full moon.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email