Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1213141516Last >>
Author Topic:
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Well I'm back. ( )

I love catching up on all the old posts... So what are people doing for the summer?
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Hey 'Arrow, you have an avi, and he's most certainly an awesome character!

And welcome back Elfmaiden

As some of you who are everyday posters on CoE may have noticed, I'm popping in and out of existence on CoE recently, due to my life being a little hectic! My exams are finally over (I passed everything! ), but my clinical time is now full-on, and I'm working as many hours as possible, so I try to come online, but most days, I'm just too tired! But I do miss playing on the Games Forum and in the RPs!

I promise I'll be back once my head has become accustomed once more to long shift patterns. (13 hours is a long time to spend working at a hospital...)
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
elfmaiden77 said: Well I'm back. ( )

I love catching up on all the old posts...

Welcome back Lady Elfmaiden! *bows* It's good to see you again!

elfmaiden77 said: So what are people doing for the summer?

I'll let you know as soon as December rolls around.

Lady Itarilde, hope you have a moment to take a breath and relax now and again. We miss you when you are gone!

Oh... the mobile coffee van is here at work beeping their horn ... off for a caffeine hit.

Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Luthien16
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone, I only just recently joined this site, I made my account a bit ago but haven't actually used it until this very moment...
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Hail and well met Luthien!

*bows*

Welcome!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry, what are people doing for the summer *and winter*
I am going to be a counselor for a summer camp, and not much else....
Maybe begin the book I've been planning to or teach my little brother how to do the origami if he bothers me enough
Hello Luthien! Good to have you on!
And Ilde, take care of yourself! My siblings keep me *well informed* how stressful some jobs are with the long hours.
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone, long time no see! Even though my exams are over, I have lots of summer work to do and that's been keeping me very busy! I've been trying to come on more often, but it hasn't been working ^^'
Welcome, Luthien, it's wonderful to have you!
As for summer plans, I want to just finish all my school work, and start taking fencing lessons. Not much, but enough to keep me busy
Come to the dark side and join the
we have cookies! :hugs:
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
So all you northern hemisphere uni students are enjoying the summer break?
I hear it's tinder dry on old home state of Washington.

Coffee for anyone?

*fires up the espresso machine*
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*walks in and hears about coffee* I would like some! My, it has been a long time since I was in here last. *takes a seat at a table* How has everyone been doing?
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Been enjoying the Abbey Medieval Faire this weekend!

*Fresh coffee for the Fair Lady Eruwestiel*
Luthien16
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for your greetings! My summer has consisted mainly of (attempting to) figure out how forums work and learn Quenya and Russian at the same time. So it is fun.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Quenya and Russian? Yo are ambitious!

We had one good day at the Medieval faire, and one not so good one. Saturday was quite fun! Jousting, melee battles, arts and crafts stalls, period venison stew and lovely elderberry and juniper ales!

Sunday we didn't get inside the gate due to the boots my wife was wearing, I had to practically carry her back to the car as he feet got badly blistered. Next time she will have them broken in!
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Wow! It looks like we have a few more regulars now which is very nice to see. Welcome!

We're still battling drought and forest fires in my neck of the woods, although a couple of days of rain did give us a bit of a break on both fronts. It's definitely been the most amazing summer I've seen in years. Fortunately, we haven't had water rationing (yet) other than the usual no watering of lawns, washing cars etc.

Managed to get my lawn (read that as "weeds" mowed before they blossomed into something really dreadful. LOL Not sure what some things are, although I do recognize the buttercups and dandelions. The gardens are starting to come along nicely. They got off to a great start and then slowed down due to lack of moisture but the mid-week rains have given them a boost.

If anybody enjoys medieval mysteries there's a great series by Jeri Westerson (The Crispin Guest Medieval Mysteries) which take place near the end of Richard II life. They are available on Amazon.

Have a great weekend!
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, I haven't been here for two months. Not much is going on down here except the heat. It is too hot to go out and enjoy the day.

My yard looks nice though. The hibiscus is blooming and my crepe myrtles have such lovely flowers. I have a pitiful orange tree that gets a few blooms and only produces one sad little orange that falls off before it matures.

The little lake sparkles in the sun and I enjoy watching the turtles sunbathe on the shore.

I see a lot of new members post once or twice and then we do not hear from them again. We are a friendly lot and always welcome newcomers into our midst and it would be nice if they would hang around and give us a chance.

Everyone have a great day!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Hey folks, I'm still around. Been flat out working on getting several million dollars worth of stock moved from our too-small warehouse to an off-site facility. They haven't told us where our offices will be located as yet, but being we're basically evicted from our current premise by 30 November, there is a lot of work to be done. Chances are if I don't like the commute to wherever they decide to house us, I may have to look for work elsewhere.

As for the new members.... not sure what is up with that. I got into saying hello to them at one time in the intro thread, then decided not to anymore until they show a desire to return. So when I see 5 posts, I then say hello. I am guessing that many are only here for the language tutorials.

Anyway, I'll have a large long black and a caramel slice ....
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I used to greet the newbies as well, and I also stopped.

So many chat me asking about languages and I am of no help. I tell them there is more to this site than the languages and to take a look around. Most don't. I do not know how much help they get with the languages if they have questions but I notice they do not stay.

Can't hang around for coffee, have to make a supply list in case we get hit with a hurricane next week.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Luthien16
Council Member
Send Message
I can't vouch for the other newbies, but I'm still here! I just don't have anything exciting to say...
Lindarielwen, your garden sounds beautiful! You have a lake with turtles? That is so lovely. A hurricane is not so lovely though.
My summer garden is mostly dead at this point and is waiting for me to plant the autumn garden. But I also have three hens, we're going to be getting more once the heat lets up here, but they are very sweet. This morning one of them bit my cat's nose, which freaked my cat out. But other than that they are very sweet.

Coffee is good, but I think the caramel slice sounds delicious.

[Edited on 10/01/2015 by Luthien16]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Luthien16, how good of you to join us. And hey, we are not looking for excitement, just some fellowship with other members. Come join us in the Games Forum, you will meet lots of great members there as we are quite active.

What kind of chickens do you have? Some members here have chickens...some even lay coloured eggs!

My garden stays the same all year since I do not have to deal with the cold. I gave up on veggies years ago but I have my flowers. The lake outside my door is very small but it is full of life...turtles and fish and a snake or two. Ibis, egrets, cranes come to visit and there are many ducks as well.

I am going to go out and bring my lawn ornaments in because they will turn into flying projectiles if the storm hits.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Good to see ya Luthien! The salted caramel slice is wonderful!
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Hey all!! Made my volleyball team! And started HS!!!!

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
@flyingarrow: how's your dare doing? If I remember correctly, I was #44.

[Edited on 08/28/2015 by Gandolorin]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Gando, your post just prompted me to add my name to Arrow's role play list....I hope she makes it. But how will that work anyway? Are we going to have to really role play to accomplish this?
Luthien16
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, I have an Ameraucana, a Barred Rock, and a Rhode Island Red. We got them in the spring this year as chicks, so they won't start laying eggs until September or October; but my Ameraucana, Roxanne, should lay bluish or greenish eggs, which will be really interesting.

I love herbs, but unfortunately most herbs only live one season, otherwise I would plant my garden in a way that I wouldn't have to do seasonal replanting. Despite how many times it's happened, I still get sad whenever my herbs die, which is silly.

Arveleg, a couple months ago you posted a cinnamon and cardamon cookie recipe which sounds so good. I am intending on making them either today or tomorrow, I have a lot of cooking to do so we shall see, do you do a lot of cooking or do you just happen to know really excellent recipes? Also, from your past posts it seems you live in the Southern Hemisphere?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Image *shakes off dripping umbrella*

Hey! It's great to see you. I have been super busy over the summer for some reason. Its been extremely dry and hot here and we've been waiting for decent rainfall. So the rain we're supposed to be getting over the next few days is very, very welcome.

*goes and gets a coffee and a cream slice*

Mmm ..... this cream slice is amazing! It goes well with my coffee.

My kittens are now almost 14 months old and are still creating havoc around the house. I'm not overly fond of the wee critters they bring in, but I'm used to it having had cats for many years. I'm still looking for a puppy but I'm not in a rush.

Have an awesome Sunday, and a great week!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Well, the hurricane broke up so now all we have to worry about is heavy rain which is what we get almost every day anyway.

Khaleesi is doing just fine after her spay and is running around like a Wild Thing as always.

My friend ordered baby chicks and they came in the mail...in a carton right to her mailbox. I cannot imagine them going through the postal service here.

I found over the years that the heat here is not very good for growing veggies so I just get mine from a local farmer's market. I never tried growing herbs but I do have wild garlic growing at the side of my house.

Have a pleasant week, everyone!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Happy first day of Autumn, everyone! This is my favourite Season and since we skip Winter in Florida, I get to enjoy Autumn for six months.

Enjoy this lovely time of year.

[Edited on 09/23/2015 by Lindarielwen]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Enters the Inn

"Thanks for the good wishes, Lindarielwen! Autumn has certainly arrived in this area but it's my favourite season so I'm not complaining. I'll just get a coffee and muffin and join you by the fire."

Goes over to the counter and fetches them

"How are the kids? I can hardly believe that Khaleesi is a year old now. Lovely picture in Cats United thread, by the way. She's sure a dainty thing, isn't she?"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*Gets a tall glass of ice water and stands far away from the fire*

"It's hard to believe Khaleesi is a year old. She is so tiny, just like the little princess she is. The others let her jump all over them but she does get a smack once in a while." *downs the water and goes to get more*

"I just love this time of year but I so miss the vibrant leaf colours we had in the North. Oh, and what I wouldn't give to make an angel in the snow."

"I hear Connor has been up to some mischief."
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Takes a swallow of coffee to wash down her muffin.

"He certainly has. So far he's managed to catch a couple of birds and a rather large rat. I don't mind his hunting practices; I just wish he wouldn't "present" me with them. LOL I keep asking how Khaleesi is doing, completely ignoring the rest of your brood. How are they doing? Who's the eldest? Who talks the most? Who would rather be outdoors instead of indoors? I could ask more but I don't want to be tedious."

Leans back in chair ......

"The weather here is absolutely glorious! I must say I really enjoy the crisp, sunny days that make up our autumn here on the Island. The grass has gone from summer blond to rich green, thanks to recent rains, and the birds have eaten all of the berries on the rowan tree. It amazes me how quickly they devour them."

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Takes another sip of cold water and stands near an open window

"Let me think. Sarabi is my oldest at 12. I have several really animated talkers. Starr loves to talk at breakfast time and Drago and Captain Jack always have something to say. Cassiopeia and Strider are quite good at sign language. Both of them poke and push until they get their message across. None of them have any interest in going outside. I have feeders at my windows and they enjoy watching the birds...and the lizards that climb on the screens. Gandalf lives on my screen porch but he stays inside too."

Gets another glass of ice water

"The weather is just hot. It has been in the 90's for months and I hope Autumn gets things cooled down."

"There is a wonderful sight due in the sky tonight. We will be having a Full Harvest Moon and it is also going to be a Blood Moon and will go into eclipse around 10 ET tonight. This Moon is also a Super Moon, meaning it will be closer to the Earth and will look larger and brighter than usual. I hope we all get a chance to see this delight."

"Have you been enjoying your weekend?"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I just wanted to tell everyone in the States that it is National Coffee Day and many places are giving free coffee. McDonalds, Krisy Kreme and WaWa are three that I know of. Krispy Kreme is also including a free glazed doughnut. WaWa is self serve and you can also get a latte, any size up to 24ozs, and any flavour. I will go to WaWa, their French Vanilla coffee is really good.
Luthien16
Council Member
Send Message
My autumn garden is planted, for the most part, and I was enjoying the lovely weather we were having but now it's back up to the 100's, which is always fun. We got four more chicks, I named one Rosy after Rosy Cotton, the others are Tanya, Eva and Lily. They are so adorable, they have taken to following me around the yard and become very distressed when they don't know where I am.
One of my full-grown hens laid her first egg on Tuesday! It was so thrilling!

Does anyone want fresh-baked biscuits?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
100's? The temps are in the 100's where you live? Where are you? I am in central Florida just a few miles from Disney World. And I am complaining about the 90's!

The Fall gardens are so lovely with the oranges of yellows of the season. When I lived in Ohio, I added ornamental cabbage and kale to my Autumn plantings.

I will pass on the biscuits but thank you.
Luthien16
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, today it was 108, I am in southern Arizona, although it is very dry here so it could be worse. Is it humid where you are? I like the heat, I think it feels nice (if you're in the shade, full sun is harsh) but everyone else seems not too fond of it, shade or no.

I've never really seen many autumn colours here, mostly everything stays green until late November and then it either dies or loses all of its leaves. But occasionally I'll see a tree or shrub with golden yellow leaves, and it is so very pretty.
<< First1213141516Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email