Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1415161718Last >>
Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Merry Christmas, everyone!! I hope you all have a fantastic day!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Happy Boxing Day to very many British Commonwealthers!
Here in Germany, it is the second Christmas Day.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

*goes back to sleep*
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends. And, I would like to wish everyone a bright and beautiful New Year.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I also hope everyone had a lovely Christmas - I'm now back at my laptop to hack out 3 essays before I jet off to Japan for a spot of skiing/snowboarding! If I don't post it now, I may never do, so:

Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Happy New Year to all from Germany!!!

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Happy New Year to all from sunny Florida.

May this New Year bring much laughter and good health to all of you.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lizandroll_the_troll
Council Member
Send Message
May I take a moment to say how happy I am that the sun is setting a wee bit later each day? Sunset at 4:48? YES!

Blessings to all! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season.

hmmm.... I still have some extra snacks. Cream cheese with pepper jelly or mint jelly and crackers. Here ya go! *sets platter on table and throws confetti everywhere* Here's to a great year! Does any one have special plans or goals?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Just dropped in to grab a coffee to go, and to wish all of the patrons of The Green Dragon Inn a very Happy New Year.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Loves the confetti in my hair

Takes a small plate of crackers with cream cheese and pepper jelly, gets a mug of egg nog and sits by the fire.

Yes, this will be a wonderful New Year.
Hithfaerwen
Council Member
Send Message
Happy New Year everyone, from the now-cold Hungary. I'm the newest member here, so I would also like to say hello.

[Edited on 01/05/2016 by Hithfaerwen]
Those we love do not go away, they walk beside us every day...Unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear. ~ For my unforgettable dear friend Buksi, and the angelic Lindarielwen
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to the Council, Hithfaerwen. There are lots of friendly people here and you will find plenty of things to do.

What brought you to the Council? Did you see all the Hobbit movies? When did you become interested in Tolkien? Are you going to study a language? Did you read the books? If yes, do you have a favourite?

Come, join us at the fire, and tell us about yourself.
Hithfaerwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for the warm welcome Lindarielwen.

When I read the Elvish Beauty for Mere Mortals article, I stayed there for a while and I thought this place feels like home for my mind. A virtual home, with nice people to share with.

I saw all the Hobbit movies, and I'm still re-watching them because I always find something new, I haven't noticed at first. I was an owner of the 3 LoTR books since 2003 but it took me a while to understand what treasure lies withing reach. Two Christmases ago, my husband took me to the premier of the last Hobbit movie and I fell in love with the world and with what the movie and Tolkien has to say. I immediately caught up with the movies, then I read The Silmarillion, and I'm continuing with The Children of Hurin. I'm still at the beginning, but The Silmarillion was a piece of art, in an enjoyable but unique way. Which is your favourite?

I would like to learn Elvish later. I suppose you are fluent in the different languages, how hard was the learning process?
Those we love do not go away, they walk beside us every day...Unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear. ~ For my unforgettable dear friend Buksi, and the angelic Lindarielwen
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The only Elvish I know are a few phrases. I started studying Sindarin but liked Quenya much better so I gave that a try. In the long run, who would I talk to anyway? I am happy to know a few phrases to use on friends and store clerks once in a while.

My favourite Tolkien book is The Silmarillion. It took me 5 tries before I was able to read it without any trouble. And you are right, it is a piece of art.

I am so happy you joined the Council. You will find plenty of things to do here besides the languages. Over the years, I have made many good friends here. Check out the Games Forum. We always welcome new players.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
The Great Book by JRRT was and will remain The Lord of The Rings. To a degree, everything about Middle-earth published since The Return of The King in 1955 has "only" vastly expanded the Appendices (which were not included in the 1955 original issue).
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I love the Appendices. Plenty there to make another movie, don't you think?
Estel Telcontar
Council Member
Send Message
BORED!*comes rushing in* Anything to do here?
lizandroll_the_troll
Council Member
Send Message
I've always found The Hobbit to be the perfect read-aloud..... And I've read it to anyone who would listen. (:

The Silmarillion captivated me much more when I read it this past year--I have a lot more experience with legends and myths and could really appreciate the vast world Tolkien took a lifetime to create. It has been a while since I read "The Lord of the Rings" itself, but I did dig it out of storage and brought it to my new place, so, soon!

Drat.... Why are there still so many holiday cookies around? *finds a slightly stale gingerbread man* I just can't resist these things.... All week I've been catching up on cookie and tea flavors.

Any new ones I should try?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Estel Telcontar said: BORED!*comes rushing in* Anything to do here?
By your CoE name, I would assume you're an Aragorn fan so I would quote the actor who plays him regarding boredom:

[Edited on 01/11/2016 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Those of you who know me, know how I feel about people who are bored. Let's see...there are 9 main forums, 10 if you are in a realm. Under each forum are several main headings and once you click on one of those, there are hundreds, nay, thousands of topics from which to chose. Also, on the left side of the screen, there are 14 more areas full of information. Don't get how anyone can be bored on here. Not to mention our chat where there are plenty of people you can talk to.

liz, did you ever try green tea with pomegranate? How about Chai? Can't help with cookie recipes though. Don't eat 'em or bake 'em.

Hey, Estel, you can wash the dishes and get the floors swept if you like. Then get yourself something to drink and join us at the fire. Or why don't you give the Games Forum a try?

[Edited on 01/11/2016 by Lindarielwen]
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I would contribute to the above comments, but I am currently in mourning to an idol of mine - "I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with potential of a superman. I'm living on." - RIP David Bowie ♥

[Edited on 01/11/2016 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
He is now really Stardust.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
And now, so is Glenn Frey. Take it easy.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*walks through door and stamps snow off boots*

Hi everybody! I hope everyone living on the east coast in the path of the big snow storm is safe and warm. I've been watching the coverage on CNN and it's been pretty impressive. Fortunately, where I live we rarely get any meaningful amounts of snow.

*grabs a hot chocolate and a muffin*

For those of you stuck indoors for the next couple of days, what will you be doing to occupy yourselves? Reading would definitely be a favourite of mine.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*gets a mug of hot chocolate and joins Evil~Shieldmaiden*

It's been chilly down here....around 45* and really windy but at least there is nothing to shovel. We are just snuggling in and will be watching some dvds. I think Game of Thrones will make the cut and maybe some Harry Potter.

We have been watching coverage of the snowstorm too and don't miss that bad weather one bit.

*sips more hot chocolate*
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
I was actually stuck on the East coast all last week because the roads were so bad. Thankfully I made it home safe yesterday! Three to four feet of snow was the most I have ever seen. I loved it, except shoveling my friends driveway......
Mironiel_EA
Council Member
Send Message
Where I live it's snowing like crazyyyy. SO MUCH SHOVELING!!! At least it's nice to look at XD
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The last year I lived in Ohio the snow was tremendous. Deep and heavy and I lived on a main street so my driveway kept getting buried under snow from the city plows. I never minded shoveling though. I found it invigorating and refreshing to be outside battling with Nature (I never won). But my backyard opened to a small Wood and it was so pretty at night under a Moon with a gentle snowfall. I loved listening to the snow.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*finishes cocoa and muffin*

Well, I must be off. I have a ton of dishes to do and, as everybody knows, I detest housework so my mood should plummet shortly.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

*waves goodbye and heads out the door*
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*takes empty mug to the sink and washes it*

It's a lovely sunny day so I think I will go for a nice walk around the little lake. Maybe Crow will be hanging around.

Oh, before I forget....the Book Club will be reading The Silmarillion. All are welcome to join us.

*leaves the Inn and goes to the little lake to enjoy the day*
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
enters inn hurriedly*

Hello all! I hope you're well! I'm stuck doing long shifts at the hospital while trying to finish my university work! Oh the student life...

England's weather is abysmal as always. So nothing new

I've brought everyone some belated Chinese buns as I was late for Chinese New Year for everyone, and also as I'm celebrating the fact I've been offered my first graduate hospital job! Have a nice drink on me guys
Image Image
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Cheers, Ilde! Image Congratulations on that first graduate hospital job!
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*saunters into the Inn and immediately heads for the coffee machine*

"Gotta love fresh coffee and a Chinese bun. Thanks for bringing them to the Inn, Ildë, and well done on your new job."
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you both! I'm glad you like the bun E~S! I could do with one of those coffees too. This research project won't write itself! Especially considering I'm drooling over holiday ideas in Germany's Black Forest region... Must concentrate on graduating before booking holidays...
Image Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*finishes her cocoa and bun, and prepares to leave*

"Boy things are sure quiet around here! Where is everybody?

I hope everybody has been enjoying their weekend. I haven't done much other than the usual shopping and *grimaces* housework. If I don't see you, or talk to you later today, I hope you have a good week. I'm off to the 'big city' on Monday to look at appliances, and cars."

*rises from her seat and takes dirty dishes into kitchen to rinse them, and place them in the dishwasher*

See ya later!
<< First1415161718Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email