Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1819202122
Author Topic:
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Oh yeah.

TNP has CDs to put in their CD player in their vehicle.
ImageImage
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I do.

TNP sings out loud in their vehicle while driving.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Gando I've heard it is very hard to get a Drivers Permit in Germany.

Ummm no. I'm not the car singing type and I don't drive yet.

TNP will have a Drivers Permit
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Wrong tense, I've had it since 1973 (but see below).

I can only go by what other people tell me, and what they tell me is way beyond what I did for my NY State driver's license in 1973 (hours of theory, the theoretical test, minimum hours of driving with an instructor before being allowed to try the practical test, the practical test itself). I still have my second driver's license issued 02 July 1976 (when the first one expired). Just took that to the relevant authorities and received my German "Führerschein" issued 30 December 1976 (the picture in it being 38 years old by now!). It's issued for life, with not even a requirement to get your eyes checked every x years (as I did when I got my second NYS one in 1976). Absolutely brain-dead on that point, as far as I am concerned. I may have to exchange it for a credit-card-sized version (with a more current picture) within a certain time period, probably some European Union rule. Have to check that.

TNP has a Driver's License allowing them to drive trucks (I do, up to 7.5 metric tons).

[Edited on 08/20/2014 by Gandolorin]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
No, you shouldn't be driving a commercial vehicle on a Class D permit like I have, but I do regardless.

TNP has more than three pets.

We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Nope, none.

TNP has a driver's license for motorcycles.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
So is it hard for someone without a drivers lisense to get one. I've heard it takes $2,000 or more. So I found this site and I thought people from USA might enjoy this site. http://driving-tests.org/

Nope.

TNP has a boat permit

[Edited on 08/20/2014 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
To get a driver's license in the states, you just have to have a good, insured car to take the test in. The car does not even have to be yours. For just a temporary license (learner's permit) you take a written test. Don't know where the $2000 comes in unless that is to buy a car. Or maybe driving lessons? Oh, and there is an eye test. You read a chart.

No boats for this girl.

TNP has a fishing license.

[Edited on 08/20/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Nope.

Since we are on this topic:

TNP has a hunting license.
ImageImage
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
No, I do not have a hunting license.

TNP has had their fortune told.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Oops I meant to say in Germany.

Not unless you count fortune cookies. Besides I don't believe in such stuff.

TNP will have a concealed carry license.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Yep. they will have to take my gun from my cold dead hands

TNP likes McDonalds.

Cenor, congrats on 1600!

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
@ Cenor: yes, that's about the ballpark with all the required hours.

It's OK, but just like back in the US, I will take Burger King if I have the choice.

TNP likes Tabasco.

[Edited on 08/21/2014 by Gandolorin]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
No idea what that is.

TNP likes coffee
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
hot sauce

Well, I drink the stuff but I have to do things to it, like I add cocoa mix and put Cool Whip on top.

TNP likes mushrooms.
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
YES!!! How could you not like mushrooms, and still like LotR?

TNP likes fisshhhh, prescious
ImageImage
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am not much of a fish eater. They live in their own toilet, after all.

TNP ate beef today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I don't...like mushrooms that is.

Not today yet.

TNP ate cereal for breakfast .
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I have not eaten yet, but when I do, it will be Frosted Mini Wheats.

TNP knows what they are doing this weekend.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Not besides being on CoE (we went shopping today, so that's done).

TNP likes tea.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Most used hot sauce here is Franks...

I do like tea, but prefer coffee.

TNP likes to bake.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
No, I leave that to my wife, she's way better than I am at that. I don't think i ever got beyond Aunt Jemima's pancakes or ready-to-bake chocolate chip cookies (Pillsbury?) - or frozen pizza.

TNP likes to grill outdoors.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Don;t know how to grill, but I like the food the grill makes.

TNP has a favorite beverage
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Evenings, like now (7:32 PM), German beer - though not every day.

TNP has a favotite food from outdoors grilling.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Maxie, I love Franks wing sauce.

Steak for me. A nice, well done, rib eye.

TNP read something Tolkien today
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Not today, but I am reading The Fellowship, even though I didn't get around to it today.

TNP couldn't get on COE at all yesterday (Saturday)
ImageImage
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I lost CoE on Friday night and also all day Saturday, but sooo happy to be back now!

TNP likes to play darts.
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Sometimes.

TNP has cats.
ImageImage
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Cats? Who, me?

TNP has a hobby.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I do. Piano.

TNP knows what Hobby Lobby is.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I miss my piano so much

I have never heard of Hobby Lobby, what is it?

TNP is wearing a dress.

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message

TNP wears a kilt on a regular basis.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor, my mom and soon maybe I will works at Hobby Lobby. Craft store.

Nope, not Scottish.

TNP calls pop "soda."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Nope, it is and always will be *pop* to me but they all call it *soda* down here.

TNP has white walls in their house.
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Linda, Hobby Lobby is an arts and crafts store. Kind of like Michael's if you are familiar with that. It also has adorable Christmas decorations.

White-ish.

TNP likes caramel corn.
ImageImage
<< First1819202122
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email